is it
??????????

if so i wanna fill in the blanks

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 07:42 AM
This year we have a 1,2,3,5,6,7.

bsaza2358
03-13-2007, 08:43 AM
eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.

The Titans are now in the runnign for Fowler's services ahead of us. He wouldn't cost a draft pick anyway, he got little playing time and was undrafted. I was told this by a Cowboys fan, so i don't think they would rip themselves off. We have a fourth from the Hank Fraley trade and next year's sixth or seventh from the Parry trade. We will get compensatory picks from Lewis and Hood, but not William James, he RE-SIGNED with us. Donte will also give us a compensatory pick along with Garcia. But I don't see any of those picks being higher than a fouth rounder. Most will be a sixth or seventh. Next year's draft class is looking like it has the makings to be very good already, so having tons of extra picks will be great. We may use some of next year's picks as trade bait to move up this year though.

bsaza2358
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.

bsaza2358
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
The Eagles will get some combination of picks for all of their lost FA's. There is a formula out there. They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories. Lots of prospects...

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.

Don't be sorry, just thought that was something that everyone was aware of. But you had other circumstances, so I could see why you wouldn't know.

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 06:25 PM
They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories.

I don't know why the quotes didn't work, but that was said in the post two above. They only have one extra 4th rounder that I am aware of, and that is from the Hank Fraley trade. They have two fourth rounders, but not two extra ones, unless you can find where the other extra one came from, I am pretty sure we only have one extra fourth rounder next year.

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Another thing, I am pretty sure you can't get compensatory picks for combinations of players. You only get the pick if a player is worth one in the first place. Two players can not be combined to make one compensatory pick, as far as I know anyway.

bsaza2358
03-14-2007, 08:32 AM
I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 06:27 AM
I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.

Thoe guys were just used to move up in this past year's draft.

bsaza2358
03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they got extra 2008 draft picks for some of those guys.

cunningham06
03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.

Thats what I have been trying to say.

Rob331
03-17-2007, 10:22 PM
The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2007, 06:18 AM
The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.

That is right, and the other was to get Gocong.

bsaza2358
03-19-2007, 09:10 AM
I thought we got a little more than that, but I could very well be wrong. Regardless, the team is looking pretty good in next year's draft.

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree, we have at least four extra picks when you include compensatories, and it could be as many as six.

DowntownReggieBrown
03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I fully expect Walker or Rayburn to be traded for our missing 4th now that Reagor is here. I don't think they can carry all of those DTs

eaglesalltheway
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.

camp_eagles
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.

I think its Kevin Williams.

eaglesalltheway
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I think its Kevin Williams.

He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.

cunningham06
03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Walker is up there, but he isn't third.

Kevin Williams is a good pass rusher as well, he's a pretty complete DT. Camp_Eagles is right, Williams has had about 20 sacks over the past 3 seasons while Walker has had 13. Rod Coleman, Rocky Bernard, Raheem Brock, and Laroi Glover in addition to Warren Sapp are above Walker. So unless I forgot someone he's seventh.

eaglesalltheway
03-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Maybe I was confusing it with something else, but I know it was reported that Walker had the third most sacks during some stretdch in time. It may have been the first few games of htis season or something like that. I heard it during one of the games, so I don't remember exactly.

bsaza2358
03-23-2007, 02:12 PM
He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.

I strongly disagree with that statement. Marcus Stroud and John Henderson are much more dominating. Kevin Williams is on par with both these guys, but Pat Williams is aging and can't really keep up. In reality, Pat Williams in his prime wasn't as good as Stroud and Henderson are now.

camp_eagles
03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I strongly disagree with that statement. Marcus Stroud and John Henderson are much more dominating. Kevin Williams is on par with both these guys, but Pat Williams is aging and can't really keep up. In reality, Pat Williams in his prime wasn't as good as Stroud and Henderson are now.

They are the best hands down.

bsaza2358
03-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, Williams and Williams are very good. The group in Oakland does a good job, as well. I'm also partial to the Steelers' Dline. However, Stroud and Henderson are both monsters and all-pro worthy every year. It is very hard to argue with their overall quality.

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
They both have been injured a lot the past few years, but I forgot about them, they are the best DTs at stopping the run, followed by the two Williams.