PDA

View Full Version : Question for Scott & others...

glazeduck
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
What the hell is up w/ Tebow ranked #1 qb?!?

I know this is still just seniors and don't feel that Colt McCoy will be all that great, but Tebow at #1?!?!?!?

I refuse to believe that you think that Tebow is the best senior qb prospect.

Is every other senior THAT BAD? Cuz Tebow sure as hell isn't THAT GOOD!

I would hope that come draft time, Tony Pike, McCoy, Lefevour, the Browns, and a number of other Qbs will be ranked ahead of the Passin' Pastor, because he's destined to be the holy hback...

SimonRath
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
okay kid, calm down.

glazeduck
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm not a kid. And I'm perfectly calm. Just wondering what the logic was behind it.

RealityCheck
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Because Tebow is the best senior QB, tied with Pike. He's clearly better than McCoy.

SimonRath
01-12-2010, 12:58 PM
using like 20 "!" doesnt seem calm to me..

ANYWAYS, i like Colt alotttt more then Tim so idk what his reason would be

Scott Wright
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Strictly as a quarterback I'd have Colt McCoy ahead of Tebow. However, I put Tebow #1 because I also factored in his ability to help in other ways (wildcat, tight end, h-back, fullback, etc.). Rest assured that once I incorporate the underclassmen next week both Tebow and McCoy will be taking a tumble down the rankings.

LickaMahfeetz
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Strictly as a quarterback I'd have Colt McCoy ahead of Tebow. However, I put Tebow #1 because I also factored in his ability to help in other ways (wildcat, tight end, h-back, fullback, etc.). Rest assured that once I incorporate the underclassmen next week both Tebow and McCoy will be taking a tumble down the rankings.
Wait, you factored in his ability to be a TE, H-Back, FB, etc and that's what pushed him up the "QB" ranking?

BaLLiN
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Wait, you factored in his ability to be a TE, H-Back, FB, etc and that's what pushed him up the "QB" ranking?

well he's primarily a QB right now, but wildcat QB, and playing other positions give him added value because the NFL is changing into more than a QB under the center.

He can offer more than just passing (which is clearly under scrutiny)

Scott Wright
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Absolutely, just like Devin Hester's return ability pushed him up positional rankings when he came out, etc. Versatility is almost always a good thing.

prock
01-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Absolutely, just like Devin Hester's return ability pushed him up positional rankings when he came out, etc. Versatility is almost always a good thing.

i agree what versatility is very valuable, but i disagree that versatility to play other positions should push him up the quarterback ratings. his ability to potentially be a tight end or an h-back or a fullback or whatever has no effect on his quarterback play.

Halsey
01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Tebow IS the best senior QB in this Draft class. There's a pretty good chance he'll be taken long before any other senior QB.

D-Unit
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Plus Bradford and McCoy are overrated because of their Universities. If they played at Texas Tech, they'd be 6-7 rounders or even go undrafted. Do people even realize Mike Leach was the OC at OU before going to Texas Tech? LOL.

Either Bradford and McCoy will share the same success as past Texas Tech QBs or the NFL was wrong about Texas Tech QBs in the first place.

wonderbredd24
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Tebow IS the best senior QB in this Draft class. There's a pretty good chance he'll be taken long before any other senior QB.

This is a horrible QB class

LickaMahfeetz
01-13-2010, 01:32 AM
i agree what versatility is very valuable, but i disagree that versatility to play other positions should push him up the quarterback ratings. his ability to potentially be a tight end or an h-back or a fullback or whatever has no effect on his quarterback play.
^

That. Love versatility but not so sure Tebow's versatility makes him a more valuable QB prospect.

LickaMahfeetz
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Plus Bradford and McCoy are overrated because of their Universities. If they played at Texas Tech, they'd be 6-7 rounders or even go undrafted. Do people even realize Mike Leach was the OC at OU before going to Texas Tech? LOL.

Either Bradford and McCoy will share the same success as past Texas Tech QBs or the NFL was wrong about Texas Tech QBs in the first place.
Not so sure that applies to Bradford much.

Why is Harrell not in the NFL right now? It wasn't the system, it was his arm strength. If you can't make the NFL throws, you quite simply can't play in the NFL. It doesn't get much more simpler or clearer than that. That can apply to anybody as well. As it relates to Texas Tech, those systems just tend to mask the issue but it doesn't mean it is an issue with every single prospect that plays the system. To each their own.

I don't think that applies to Bradford though, he certainly has shown he can make the NFL throws. As a prospect, he has other issues.

prock
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM

you cant bunch every quarterback from a spread system into one category. they are individual prospects who having varying skill sets. graham harrell didnt make the nfl because he didnt have the arm strength, not because he played in texas tech's spread system. colt mccoy will make because he has better arm strength, mobility, and pin point accuracy. you are trying to group all of these quarterbacks into one class without doing any analysis and just looking at where they played in college, thats just lazy.

Rosebud
01-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Sure it does, especially for teams that like to move their QB around and use the wildcat, if Tebow can step in and run the wildcat or move to another position while you have a different skill position guy take the direct snap you're giving yourself more ways to use him. So while his primary position will be QB his versatility will help his team use him from that position in different ways than many QBs.

scottyboy
01-15-2010, 08:01 PM

Pat White says, what's up?
Pat White skyrocketed because of wildcat purposes and perhaps the ability to play some WR. Versatility.

RealityCheck
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Plus Bradford and McCoy are overrated because of their Universities. If they played at Texas Tech, they'd be 6-7 rounders or even go undrafted.
If they played at New Mexico State... I wonder what would happen.

RedVision
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM
If they played at New Mexico State... I wonder what would happen.

3rd stringers.

RealityCheck
01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
3rd stringers.
No, undrafted and forgotten.

RedVision
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
No, undrafted and forgotten.

Or, going pro in another area than sports.