PDA

View Full Version : Thompson

KILLERSANTA
03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Is everyone forgetting about him??? Everyone is acting like we have to draft a RB day one, if we trade Jones....MB3 the power, Thompson the speed.....

mtmock
03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree 100 % last training camp all 3 backs were competing at a level close to each other...Thompson might be the fastest cowboys too...Barber should get between 12-20 carries next year even if jones stays...i think if jones is traded thompson can step right in and get around 10 carries a game...i think he is potentially a better home run threat than jones in the first place...great point killersanta ;)

JJJ888
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't think Thompson has the vision, strength, or experience to be a starter/rotating back. I like him a lot, but not as a starter.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
sure thompson has speed but he hasnt shown much on the field as a RB

mtmock
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
he stepped in once or twice as a rookie when jones was hurt and played excellent...how can you nag on his experience how experience does any rb have until he gets a shot look at willie parker,rueben droughns,tiki barber all werent starters and had no experience until some1 gave them a chance and they all turned out good...if we draft a DB we expect him to jump right in??? thats crazy but you have to give them chances to prove themselves...who knows it could go either way our o-line is good most rb's could pronly run behind it now...

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2007, 02:01 AM
thompson is one of my favorite players, love how he made the team, i think alot of people forget though how much potential he has...he was the top RB in the area in HS, and top 2 in the state im pretty sure, was supposed to go div-1 until he got in trouble...

he's a very solid KR man, and i think if given a chance he could play well opposite barber with his speed, i fully believe he has the potential to be a good NFL back from personally watching him play

leroyisgod
03-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Who is talking about RB on day 1? I really haven't noticed anyone pitching that idea. And if someone has, it's only if we trade JJ.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Is everyone forgetting about him??? Everyone is acting like we have to draft a RB day one, if we trade Jones....MB3 the power, Thompson the speed.....

Hell no. If we draft a day one RB I will Nuke the cowboys front office.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
sure thompson has speed but he hasnt shown much on the field as a RB

He has what? 15 carries is in entire carrier????.....

D-Unit
03-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Thompson has some nice ability. I'm willing to give him a year to prove himself as a capable complement to Barber if Jones is traded. I think I can wait until next year to draft a RB if Thompson doesn't work out.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Thompson has some nice ability. I'm willing to give him a year to prove himself as a capable complement to Barber if Jones is traded. I think I can wait until next year to draft a RB if Thompson doesn't work out.

Yes he does, the ability to outrun people, which Julius does not have.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
He has what? 15 carries is in entire carrier????.....

exactly what I was saying

Im_a_Romosexual
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Yes he does, the ability to outrun people, which Julius does not have.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-2H7WHErZA

yeah jones cant outrun anybody

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-2H7WHErZA

yeah jones cant outrun anybody

I love how everyone just goes to that 1 run. First off he had no one in front of him, second off people are catching up to him.

He doesn't have breakaway speed.

mtmock
03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I love how everyone just goes to that 1 run. First off he had no one in front of him, second off people are catching up to him.

He doesn't have breakaway speed.
can you catch him...i dont think so...he is a high 4.4 guy and sorry to be the 1 to break this to you THATS FAST MY FRIEND! yea so what people were catching up ...barber would have been tackled he doesn't have anywhere near that speed...i guess youre smarter than all the analysts who refer to him as a speed back...youre an ignorant kid who thinks he knows everything but truthfully you speak with hardly any facts and it makes you look retar*ed...get a clue

mtmock
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM

agreed . .

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
can you catch him...i dont think so...he is a high 4.4 guy and sorry to be the 1 to break this to you THATS FAST MY FRIEND! yea so what people were catching up ...barber would have been tackled he doesn't have anywhere near that speed...i guess youre smarter than all the analysts who refer to him as a speed back...youre an ignorant kid who thinks he knows everything but truthfully you speak with hardly any facts and it makes you look retar*ed...get a clue

Julius Jones is a high 4.4 guy, thats not Elite speed by any means. In the 4.3s is elite speed. If Julius was so fast, he should have won us the seattle game.

mtmock
03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
youre kidding right? 4.4 is blazin...speed doesnt win games players win games

bantx
03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
tyson thompson went to school with my sister in highschool, Irving highschool. :]

Burns336
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Julius Jones is a high 4.4 guy, thats not Elite speed by any means. In the 4.3s is elite speed. If Julius was so fast, he should have won us the seattle game.

since when does a 10th of a second on a 40 time determine if a player has blazing ON FIELD speed or not? Julius has had some of the greatest games in this franchises history. Marion Barber cannot carry the full load, as his number of carries increased, his average lowered to barely above jones'. Jones went over 1000 rushing and should have been used far more on screens and short routes. And while he isnt as good of a runner as tiki barber, if we used him like the giants used tiki, he could be very productive.

But go ahead and trade him away so we have 2 unproven backs running the show. Maybe when they take over as starters they can be as good as lamont jordan!!

its a stupid move that doesnt need to be made. our 2 back system produced last year and if it aint broke, why are we talking about fixing it?

KILLERSANTA
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
That's what i'm sayin.........Agree 100% :)

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 07:39 AM

Look at all of your top tier RB's in the NFL. Most of them run in the range that JJ does.

TNewFan41
03-14-2007, 07:44 AM
And most of them don't go down when they are BREATHED ON!!!!

If Julius wasn't such a ***** I wouln't care if he didn't have breakaway speed, but he is a *****, and doesn't have elite speed, and that is not a good combination.

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
And most of them don't go down when they are BREATHED ON!!!!

If Julius wasn't such a ***** I wouln't care if he didn't have breakaway speed, but he is a *****, and doesn't have elite speed, and that is not a good combination.

I never said he was a great back, but he has good breakaway speed as a RB. His issues are getting yards after contact. I don't think anyone on this board will disagree with that point.

Macarthur
03-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Look at all of your top tier RB's in the NFL. Most of them run in the range that JJ does.

The difference, I think, that puts JJ in the top few backs in the league is his first 10 yards. He has a great burst. He may not have elite top end speed, but he gets to full speed as quickly as anyone in the league. That's very important to have a guy that gets to the second level quickly.

mtmock
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
i agree with that :)

LonghornsLegend
03-24-2007, 05:24 AM
. First off he had no one in front of him, second off people are catching up to him.

its so hard sometimes to just let stuff go with you...he had no one in front of him? did you even watch that play? he made 2 cuts, before he broke up field, to the left, and he cut back right straight up field instead of outside to the left, at that point, the entire saints team was in front of him, he found a seam, and ran thru it, and no one caught him...

it makes no sense for you to be running around talking about jones has no speed when everyone who has seen him play knows its obvious thats one thing he does have, and thats his strength...

its not a long list of 4.3 starting rb's in the league, 4.4 is very fast for a RB, and given the right angles they take, its fast enough to get past defenders every time....ill be the first to admit jones has no vision, and doesnt always find the hole dancing around, but its crazy for you to say there was no one in front of him on that run when it clearly was....

"people are catching up to him"

smh...im not even gonna respond to that one