PDA

View Full Version : Should Demarco Murray Declare?

Thunder&Lightning
01-13-2010, 12:09 AM
http://whereballmeetsfoot.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/nebraska_oklahoma_foo_bere1.jpg

Thumper
01-13-2010, 12:14 AM
YES! I like him a lot, he is a guy who fits the new speed back trend that has been occurring, he reminds me of Felix Jones a lot, same build, speed, acceleration and some injury problems. He is also a good receiver.

I think he could definitely benefit from another year but I would love for the Eagles to snag him up even though they have LeSean McCoy, at worst I can see him being a Leon Washington type of player and at best I can see him being a Jamaal Charles or Brian Westbrook type of player.

Hines
01-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Love Demarco Murray. He didn't put up gaudy stats in college, but I believe he'll be an excellent player in the NFL.

TACKLE
01-13-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm a big fan of Murray. I love how he runs. His cuts are better than an player in this draft. He's so smooth. He has great vision and great burst when he sees the hole. I really like how he hits the hole and is a down hill runner. Perfect fit in one-cut system. Murray is a great slasher back. The thing I always liked most about him was the fact that despite being on the smallish side, he runs hard, can break tackles and always keeps his legs pumping. He's also a very effective receiver coming out of the backfield with

As far as should he declare, I don't know. He obviously has some serious issues staying healthy and because of this has struggled with inconsistency throughout his career. One side says stay in school, stay healthy and boost your stock especially coming off his worst year. The other side is he may as well declare because he is an injury prone back and running backs have a short lifespan as is. He is still going to be splitting carries next year and there are more opportunities to get injured again which would further hurt is stock. Whether he comes out this year or next, he is going to be a steal.

LickaMahfeetz
01-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Big fan too. I hope he declares. I love the depth at the position this year. My team needs a good RB, maybe even two. I'd love to have a back like Murray or even someone else talented if he were to push them down.

RealityCheck
01-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Why not? He's a great player, just too underused.

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes. One of the biggest Murray fans on this board. Have loved the guy since his high school days.

BrabbitMcRabbit
01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
No, he's horrible.

RedVision
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
He should come back, just to prove that he can be healthy for a season, and work at being an everydown back, but I agree with a post above, his cuts are INSANE. Ever since the late season loss by oklahoma vs. TTech in 2007 i've been a fan of his. They should have fed him the ball the entire night, because Tech couldn't defend him. He was playing at another speed. Wonder if that speed will ever come back after all thoses lower-body injuries.