PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Rd. 2, Dallas @ Minnesota

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
It's mid week and I wanted to start talking about this game now.

Alot of talk being made out of Loadholt and McKinnie handling Ware & Spencer, I think it'll be a key point for this game.

My early prediction is we win, 27-24, I just think their secondary is a really big weak spot and Garrett loves to pass anyway so if we got behind I think their corners and safeties will give up the big play. Felix is fast enough to get to the edge and not run right at the Williams wall.

D-Unit
01-13-2010, 08:21 PM
The Vikings are mentally weak. I can't see them beating us. As far as confidence goes, ours is legit... theirs is fake. Favre is saying that losing to us will be a shock, but I don't think he really believes that. He's just saying that. Otherwise, why would he follow that up by saying the Cowboys have a ton of confidence and have been playing well for weeks now, and are peaking at the right time? He's saying tough words, but he knows losing to us is a real possibility. That's why I say their confidence is fake.

Our guys know we'll bring the ruckus! Both sides of the ball feel unstoppable.

BGB
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Stole this off another board but it's impressive.

OK guys.....I'm tired of hearing about the Vikings second half collapse, and about the Cowboys being the hottest team in the NFL right now.

OK...let's assume the Vikings were better in the first half than they were in the second half.

We all know the Vikings played totally different at home compared to on the road during that second half.....but does anyone really have a feel for how much different?

Taking ONLY the 2nd half games that were played at home...here are some numbers to let you know just how dominant the Vikings have been on their home turf over this stretch.

The Vikings played 5 games at home during the last 8 games of the season:

They won all 5 games (indeed they are undefeated in all 8 home games this year....but since the official story line is about the Vikings falling apart the 2nd half I am concentrating only on those games)

In those 5 home games the Vikings scored an average of 34.4 points per game.
The fewest points they scored in any of those 5 games is 27. (T. Jackson and the 2nd stringers got playing time in the 2nd half of all 5 games....so I think it's safe to assume more points could have been had.)

In those same 5 home games the Vikings gave up an average of 9.2 points per game.
The most points they gave up to anyone in any of those 5 games is 10. (Again....many of those points, including the 7 scored by the Giants were against our scrubs)

That means during the second half of the season at home...the Vikings outscored their opponents by an average of 25.2 points per game.
The SMALLEST margin of victory in any of those games was 17 points. (27-10 against the Lions)
(and that is while giving their 2nd and 3rd stringers significant playing time in all 5 games)

Now let's look at the other side of this....because not only are the Vikings playing at home...but the Cowboys are playing on the road.

During the last 8 games of the season, the Cowboys had 4 road games.

Their win/loss record in those 4 games is 2-2 (50%)

In those 4 games they scored an average of 18 points per game.
The most points they scored in any one of those games is 24 points (3 full points less than the fewest points the Vikings scored in any of those home games during the same stretch)

In those same 4 road games they gave up an average of 16.25 points per game.

Meaning they have an average margin of Victory of 1.75 points per game while playing on the road over the second half of the season.

So...let's put these stats side by side and see which team given the current situation (Vikings @ home....Cowboys on the road) looks better.

BGB
01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
The Vikings are mentally weak. I can't see them beating us. As far as confidence goes, ours is legit... theirs is fake. Favre is saying that losing to us will be a shock, but I don't think he really believes that. He's just saying that. Otherwise, why would he follow that up by saying the Cowboys have a ton of confidence and have been playing well for weeks now, and are peaking at the right time? He's saying tough words, but he knows losing to us is a real possibility. That's why I say their confidence is fake.

Our guys know we'll bring the ruckus! Both sides of the ball feel unstoppable.

We have 9 probowlers and a hall of fame QB and we're playing at home where over the last 5 games we have destroyed every team we play by an average of more then 25 points. Yea I'd say our confidence is fake:roll:

pocketaces
01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Stole this off another board but it's impressive.

OK guys.....I'm tired of hearing about the Vikings second half collapse, and about the Cowboys being the hottest team in the NFL right now.

OK...let's assume the Vikings were better in the first half than they were in the second half.

We all know the Vikings played totally different at home compared to on the road during that second half.....but does anyone really have a feel for how much different?

Taking ONLY the 2nd half games that were played at home...here are some numbers to let you know just how dominant the Vikings have been on their home turf over this stretch.

The Vikings played 5 games at home during the last 8 games of the season:

They won all 5 games (indeed they are undefeated in all 8 home games this year....but since the official story line is about the Vikings falling apart the 2nd half I am concentrating only on those games)

In those 5 home games the Vikings scored an average of 34.4 points per game.
The fewest points they scored in any of those 5 games is 27. (T. Jackson and the 2nd stringers got playing time in the 2nd half of all 5 games....so I think it's safe to assume more points could have been had.)

In those same 5 home games the Vikings gave up an average of 9.2 points per game.
The most points they gave up to anyone in any of those 5 games is 10. (Again....many of those points, including the 7 scored by the Giants were against our scrubs)

That means during the second half of the season at home...the Vikings outscored their opponents by an average of 25.2 points per game.
The SMALLEST margin of victory in any of those games was 17 points. (27-10 against the Lions)
(and that is while giving their 2nd and 3rd stringers significant playing time in all 5 games)

Now let's look at the other side of this....because not only are the Vikings playing at home...but the Cowboys are playing on the road.

During the last 8 games of the season, the Cowboys had 4 road games.

Their win/loss record in those 4 games is 2-2 (50%)

In those 4 games they scored an average of 18 points per game.
The most points they scored in any one of those games is 24 points (3 full points less than the fewest points the Vikings scored in any of those home games during the same stretch)

In those same 4 road games they gave up an average of 16.25 points per game.

Meaning they have an average margin of Victory of 1.75 points per game while playing on the road over the second half of the season.

So...let's put these stats side by side and see which team given the current situation (Vikings @ home....Cowboys on the road) looks better.

Yeah lets look at those home opponents....Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Cincinnati and the Giants who had no interest in playing another game. Ummmm where am I supposed to be impressed? Want to talk about those 3 losses in the last 4? No? Didnt think so.

pocketaces
01-14-2010, 03:04 PM
We have 9 probowlers and a hall of fame QB and we're playing at home where over the last 5 games we have destroyed every team we play by an average of more then 25 points. Yea I'd say our confidence is fake:roll:

Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. You have not played a team like ours all year. Hope your ready....:eek:

LizardState
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Favre is saying that losing to us will be a shock, but I don't think he really believes that. He's just saying that. Otherwise, why would he follow that up by saying the Cowboys have a ton of confidence and have been playing well for weeks now, and are peaking at the right time? He's saying tough words, but he knows losing to us is a real possibility. That's why I say their confidence is fake.

Overconfidence is one thing, underestimating your opponent is another & the fastest way to lose I think of.

Favre has had this reputation since his Southern Miss days as a 4th qtr. comeback kind of QB, just keep the score within 6 points & Favre will bring them back to beat you. I watched the 9ers @ Minnesota earlier this yr, Singletary came up with a brilliant defensive scheme that kept Favre guessing all game, until that last drive, TD pass FTW in the waning seconds right on the tiptoes of the WR on the end line, Lewis the 49er safety just watched it happen a step away, sank the 9ers whole season for road games in many ways. Moral of the story here is not to get into this situation to start with, but Dallas has to get that early lead to take the home crowd out of it & the defense has to hold that lead.

Sounds simple but realize that winning on the road in the playoffs has the odds against you. Philly gave up umpteen turnovers to Dallas last Saturday, I can't expect the Vikings to be so generous.

herniateddisc
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
TOugh game for us guys.

This is a great home team.

DMWSackMachine
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Lol, Dallas has the following Pro Bowlers:

Romo
Barber
Witten
Flozell
Gurode
Davis
Austin
R. Williams
Ware
Ratliff
Brooking
Hamlin
Newman
McBriar

That's 14 Pro Bowlers. And that doesn't count Mike Jenkins, Anthony Spencer and Felix Jones, who you could make an argument are our 3 best players over the last 4 games.

So what is the relevance of this? I do not know. Which is why I would like to know why you brought it up.

The game will be played between the lines. The post above is ludicrous, because what happened 8 weeks ago is holds very little bearing on what will happen this weekend. Bottom line is that the Cowboys have better players who are playing better football, and that has finally begun to show up. Minnesota can surely win, but if they do there's a great chance that it will be a result of Wade Phillips' inadequacies.

Also, another thing that is really funny. Here is the schedule each team played:

Dallas on the road:

@ GB
@ NYG
@ NO
@ Wash

Minn

vs. Det
vs. Chi
vs. Sea
vs. Cin
vs. NYG

As you can see, its pretty clear that Dallas' opponents were much more formidably than the trash that Minnesota faced. Detroit is either the worst or 2nd worst team in the league and coming off a winless season. Chicago is awful, especially on the road. Sea is a bottom 5 team. Cincy is very offensively challenged and heavily reliant upon a defense that forces TOs and keeps thing close. Still, they were the one playoff team who had no business being in it, and weren't measurably better than the worst team in the NFC East, the Redskins. The Giants were a good team early, but began to fall apart. By the time the Vikings played them they had packed it in in a big way and had no interest in playing with any pride or passion.

Meanwhile, Dallas played what was, going into the game, considered to be the best team in the league by far, coming off a game in which they demolished Tom Brady and the Pats, at home, sporting the 2nd best scoring offense (up to that point) of all time, with the front runner for MVP at QB and a very opportunistic defense which was piling up takeaways. They not only won, they dominated, and held NO's offense to a season low in points.

Washington has a very good defense. They can, and have, play with any team in the league as long as their offense doesn't hand the game over by throwing the ball away. They played an excellent defensive game, but ultimately their lack of O and Dallas sensational defensive play cost them any shot at winning.

NY at home in week 11 was a much different team than they were on the road in week 17. It doesn't take a Football Scientist to know that.

GB, probably Dallas' worst game of the season, was a dogfight which was swung by a blatantly missed fumble call that could not be challenged. Even so, Dallas kept them to 17 points AT HOME, 7 of which were gifted to them by the referees. But the offense did play very poorly.

Anyway, we can sit and twist stats all day long. I can post the last 4 games by each team and show that, against NO, Wash, PHI and PHI, Dallas averaged scoring 24.75 ppg while giving up 7.75 for an average margin of victory of 17ppg, with two games coming on the road. Dallas was 4-0 during this stretch against 3 playoff teams, including the #1 seed in the conference, against teams with a composite record of 39-20 going into each game.

Minny, meanwhile, averaged 27.75 and gave up 19.75 for an average margin of 8.0 versus Cincinnati, Carolina, Chicago, and NY going 2-2 against teams with a composite 27-27 record. Take out the final game against a belly-up NY team and those numbers get very ugly indeed, going to 22.3scored/24.0allowed against teams with a 19-20 record and going 1-2...should I continue?

Over the course of the season, the Vikings were probably the slightly better team. Dallas played better in the second half, Minny better in the 1st half. Recency bias gives Dallas the advantage in most people's minds. It doesn't help that Minnesota played a pathetically easy schedule, either.

BGB
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah lets look at those home opponents....Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Cincinnati and the Giants who had no interest in playing another game. Ummmm where am I supposed to be impressed? Want to talk about those 3 losses in the last 4? No? Didnt think so.

Those loses were on the road and we already had the division wrapped up. Care to talk about the 5 Dallas losses?

BGB
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. You have not played a team like ours all year. Hope your ready....:eek:

Actually yes we have. We played the Packers twice and crushed them both times.

BGB
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Lol, Dallas has the following Pro Bowlers:

Romo
Barber
Witten
Flozell
Gurode
Davis
Austin
R. Williams
Ware
Ratliff
Brooking
Hamlin
Newman
McBriar

That's 14 Pro Bowlers. And that doesn't count Mike Jenkins, Anthony Spencer and Felix Jones, who you could make an argument are our 3 best players over the last 4 games.

You lost me there bud. Just looked at the probowl roster and I'm not seeing half those guys on it. We're not talking former pro bowlers here.

pocketaces
01-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Those loses were on the road and we already had the division wrapped up. Care to talk about the 5 Dallas losses?

You didnt have home field wrapped up though did you? You had plenty to play for and got your asses handed to you. Funny even your own boys told you to take those MEANINGLESS stats elsewhere. Go away troll, we dont want to hear it. See you Sunday.

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
There is some ridiculous talk about Pro Bowlers going on here that we need to defuse. Let's just stop. Talent wise, both teams are talented.

This is going to come down to who makes the other guy submit first. Prior to the Giants win, Minnesota was REELIN'. A win over the lowly Giants shouldn't prop them back up. If it has... there's another sense of fake confidence that I was referring to earlier.

Both teams have the ability to win. I just think honestly, that Dallas is for the first time in a long time.... 100% legit about their confidence and mental toughness. I have some question marks about the Vikings... Their biggest advantage is Home Field. That says a lot about the rest of their team.

E-Man
01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
The Vikings are talented, and they shouldn't be taken lightly. They are the number two seed for a reason, and Dallas needs to bring their A game to an environment that favors the home team. I think that Dallas takes it though. I say it'll be 27-13, and it will be a long game of passes. I think Dallas shuts down Minnesota's running game early, and Childress gets a little too pass happy.

yo123
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM

LOL, how about the Packers? We beat them twice and they embarrassed you guys.

That's fine though, just fall into your false sense of security....It's going to be a great game on Sunday. Only 3 of our 8 home games this year have been close and two of those were wins over playoff teams.

Edit- Sorry if this is trolling but the notion that the Vikings are going up against the "big bad" Cowboys this week is getting a little tired. I don't see any way this game doesn't go down to the wire.

pocketaces
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM

That's fine though, just fall into your false sense of security....It's going to be a great game on Sunday. Only 3 of our 8 home games this year have been close and two of those were wins over playoff teams.

Edit- Sorry if this is trolling but the notion that the Vikings are going up against the "big bad" Cowboys this week is getting a little tired. I don't see any way this game doesn't go down to the wire.

Yup, GB beat us. We are playing much better now than we were at that time. Nobody said we are the "big bad" Cowboys. I never went into your thread and said we are going to do this or that. I was just responding to your Minny fan that came over to OUR thread talking smack. I agree its going to come down to the wire. I think your team is great and IMO the winner of this game goes to the SB.

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Last I checked... the Cowboys were the underdog team. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter that you beat GB one single bit. It's a common frame of logic that people use to give them a false sense of predicting things to come. The worst gamblers use the same logic. I mean if that's the way you think and there's no convincing you otherwise, then fine... Just know that the Eagles fans thought the same thing about thinking they'll beat us after they beat the Giants twice and we lost to the Giants twice.

herniateddisc
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
FWIW, I love the last 3 drafts for MN.

M.O.T.H.
01-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Just because we lost to the Pack and you beat them doesnt mean you're better than us. lol. We lost to the Giants twice, who beat the Eagles twice, who lost to us three times. So, that's completely flawed.

The Packers match up wasnt a good one for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.

herniateddisc
01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Just because we lost to the Pack and you beat them doesnt mean you're better than us. lol. We lost to the Giants twice, who beat the Eagles twice, who lost to us three times. So, that's completely flawed.

The Packers match up wasnt a good match up for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.

The Pack was one of JG's worst games ever.

yo123
01-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Last I checked... the Cowboys were the underdog team. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter that you beat GB one single bit. It's a common frame of logic that people use to give them a false sense of predicting things to come. The worst gamblers use the same logic. I mean if that's the way you think and there's no convincing you otherwise, then fine... Just know that the Eagles fans thought the same thing about thinking they'll beat us after they beat the Giants twice and we lost to the Giants twice.

Obviously your the underdog because we're at home, road teams are hardly ever favored in the playoffs, but the home team is given 3 points in the spread and we're only favored by -2.5. And have you watched ESPN at all this week? Everyone is picking Dallas. The Cowboys are the sexy pick, not the Vikings.

The Packers match up wasnt a good match up for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.

I didn't say it made us better at all, obviously the transitive property doesn't work in sports. I was just responding to pocketaces who claimed we hadn't played anyone like you all season, which is also flawed.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM

It's not trolling, least I don't take it as that, but why does it bother you that people are picking the Cowboys? This happens every year. Teams with a bye who came into the playoffs limping, facing a team on a streak who is playing great, generally most people tend to lean towards the wildcard team that is 'hot' right now, but even with that said were still underdogs.

Most people who even picked Dallas said it was going down to the wire, I don't think anyone is expecting a blowout either way, but I don't know where you get this "big bad Cowboys" notion or why it bothers you, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game at all who people pick on ESPN so I don't know why people put so much stock into that stuff anyway.

I'm sure most Vikes fans think they'll win, and Cowboy fans think they'll win too, as you should at this point in the year.

yo123
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
It's not trolling, least I don't take it as that, but why does it bother you that people are picking the Cowboys? This happens every year. Teams with a bye who came into the playoffs limping, facing a team on a streak who is playing great, generally most people tend to lean towards the wildcard team that is 'hot' right now, but even with that said were still underdogs.

Most people who even picked Dallas said it was going down to the wire, I don't think anyone is expecting a blowout either way, but I don't know where you get this "big bad Cowboys" notion or why it bothers you, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game at all who people pick on ESPN so I don't know why people put so much stock into that stuff anyway.

I'm sure most Vikes fans think they'll win, and Cowboy fans think they'll win too, as you should at this point in the year.

Doesn't bother me at all. This has strayed so far from the original point haha. pocketaces just said we hadn't played anyone like you all year and I said we had, and D-Unit and MOTH both took it as me saying that because we beat GB we're better than you.

The ESPN stuff really shouldn't bother me, but being that we've had 2 weeks off they've been all I've had to go off of haha.

djp
01-14-2010, 07:04 PM
This isn't some kind of number crunching game. These are 2 even teams. The Vikings have handily beaten the Packers twice, should have smashed the Ravens, crushed the Bengals, etc. These are trademark wins.

Dallas has some great wins, too, @ NO, beating Philly 3 times, etc.

To quote the great Charlie Weis, no team has a decided schematic advantage in this game. Does Dallas do some things that aren't in the Vikings favor? Sure, they rush the passer well and beat teams in the short, medium, and long passing games. But Minnesota also does some things that hurts Dallas. Aka rush the passer and shown the ability to be balanced. We've also got players that hit the 3 passing zones in Shiancoe, Harvin, and Sidney Rice (who if you didn't notice, was amazing this year)

This is definitely rambling, but my point is, it's not like we're "better" than Dallas or Dallas is "better" than us, but rather both teams need to first devise then properly execute a game plan and then adjust accordingly. Just like any other game. I think that most Vikings fans are upset about is the fact that everybody's picking Dallas when Vikings do indeed have a legitimate case about being confident themselves.

Sorry, that was one big thought rolled into one. If anyone followed that, you're a very good reader.

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.

djp
01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.

Vikings pass D, really other than the Arizona game (and we saw they can do that to anyone), hasn't been all that terrible. Frazier has done a very nice job of protecting our safeties. It's up to Garrett and Romo to try to exploit Madieu Williams, Jamarca Sanford (who's played way above expectations since replacing Tyrell Johnson), and the aforementioned Johnson.

Their run D hasn't been real great, though, which is surprising. Part of that is the fact Pat Williams was playing injured, but teams have been getting to the exterior pretty quickly.

The loss of Henderson will be felt in this game if they get Brinkley to match up with him. Although Henderson was never great in coverage, but he's definitely better than Brinkley.

I dunno, it's a matchup of two similar teams actually other than the different schemes defensively (which strive to accomplish the same things in reality).

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?

djp
01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?

He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.

Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.
STs... It's all on the shoulders of David Buehler to keep kicking it deep in the endzone so we don't have to struggle to tackle Harvin. That's gonna be HUUUGE.

E-Man
01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah Harvin is a real threat on returns. I'm really hoping that Buehler keeps him in check with touchbacks. I really don't want to see the Vikes get good field position all game long.

superman8456
01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
This is the best matchup in the playoffs, no doubt. If the Cowboys win, I think they're gonna coast to the Superbowl.

Minnesota needs a big game from Jasper Brinkley and Co. They also need to be able to get pressure with their front four, or they will get eaten up.

This will be Felix's true test. He is going to have the huge holes he got against the Eagles, but he can turn a negative run into a 50 yard gain in a flash.

herniateddisc
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
People here are taking the Vikes for granted.

diesel
01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
We have to get that run going like we have been in the past few weeks, if we don't it's gonna be a long day. Wear out that Williams wall and control the clock. EJ Henderson the QB of that defense was a big loss as well as Winfield with that bad foot so hopefully we can expose that secondary.

Penalties 14-112 against the Eagles, C'mon man! as the ESPN bit goes. We can not come anywhere near this and expect to beat the Vikings Sunday. Witten had a questionable call that negated a TD and we had to punt. He still had 2 besides that and Ken Hamlin had a few stupid ones as well. If we don't get it under control the Cowboys draft thread will be on fire.

People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice. Also, it's not like we don't have weapons of our own with Austin, Witten, and Jones, and sprinkle in some Crayton.

Peterson is just an animal, one of my favorite players in the NFL but which AD is going to show up? Since the Detroit game in week 10 he hasn't put up over 100 yards and their O-line is suspect. If we get to the Silver Fox like I believe we will and force him to make some errant throws like he's known to do then it's good night Vikings.

Cowboys 27-17.

BGB
01-15-2010, 12:09 AM
People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice.

Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.

LonghornsLegend
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.

Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.

BGB
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.
Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 12:05 PM
People here are taking the Vikes for granted.
Feel free to elaborate.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.
AD will have some big runs against us. Not doubt about it. I especially see him having success up the middle. On the edges, Ware and Spencer have been pretty lock down for the most part, so I don't see AD busting off a lot of big gains there. The middle is soft however, so I can see us taking major punishment right there.

Nobody is really talking about Bernard Berrian either...

LonghornsLegend
01-15-2010, 12:16 PM

What does Sportscenter highlights have to do with running for 100 yards in a game? I'm sticking to facts, not Sportscenter references. You keep saying "eat you alive" like this is 2007, I know he's a dangerous back but unless your Cleveland or Detroit he didn't "eat you alive" this year.

I have alot of respect for AD, but he's not going to be the deciding factor in the game.

vikes_28
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me :eek: I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?

LonghornsLegend
01-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me :eek: I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?

Hell yea!! Everyone has been hyping this up as the game of the weekend, might as well build up the anticipation on both sides, though I'll probably go into depression if we lose but it's nothing like some good ol' confidence until Sunday.

I was up for a sig bet round 1, but this game should be alot closer, so I'll just stick to trash talking :D

vikes_28
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
To tell you the truth, I think this game is going to be completely even on both sides. I think it will come down to whoever has the ball LAST. My pick, as sad as I am to say it:

Dallas 24 Minnesota 21

It will be a last second desperation kick by Dallas. One of those things where it shouldn't have gone in, but it did just due to luck.

vikes_28
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Oz yes, And BGB, please take your mindless statistical banter elsewhere. Unless you want to be in the negative rep by the end of the game.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Jared Allen has the most ridiculous cheer I've ever seen. It makes me laugh out loud... literally. He's such a dufus.

This game should be a very close match up... I think the Cowboys could win or lose. Good luck to us all.

thule
01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Cowboys will lose. Gut feeling. It'll probably be close...but in the end MN will make more plays at the end to win the game.

marshallb
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Hello to all Cowboys fans, I'm looking forward to this game a lot. The game is about as even as it can get, at least imo. I think it will be close the whole way with the Vikings winning 30-24 with a late TD drive. I'm glad that almost all experts are picking the Cowboys as I'd much rather play the underdog role, even though as it's been pointed out the Boys are the true underdogs.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Hello to all Cowboys fans, I'm looking forward to this game a lot. The game is about as even as it can get, at least imo. I think it will be close the whole way with the Vikings winning 30-24 with a late TD drive. I'm glad that almost all experts are picking the Cowboys as I'd much rather play the underdog role, even though as it's been pointed out the Boys are the true underdogs.
The Cowboys have relished being the underdogs this year...

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Remember Orakpo vs Loadholt?

I hope Anthony Spencer does... :D

MetSox17
01-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Remember Orakpo vs Loadholt?

I hope Anthony Spencer does... :D

They didn't call him Loadhold at Blow U for no reason. Texas DEs pwned him for fun. Anthony Spencer is gonna go to town on his ass.

yo123
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Jared Allen has the most ridiculous cheer I've ever seen. It makes me laugh out loud... literally. He's such a dufus.

This game should be a very close match up... I think the Cowboys could win or lose. Good luck to us all.

WHAT? Best celebration in the league hands down.

Regarding Loadholt...unfortunately I agree. Dude can't pass block to save his life. Neither of our tackles can.

LizardState
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
They didn't call him Loadhold at Blow U for no reason. Texas DEs pwned him for fun. Anthony Spencer is gonna go to town on his ass.

ESPN was emphasizing the Flozell vs. Jared Allen on the flip side today. If the crowd noise contributes to Flozell blowing 3-4 snap counts again, that might make the Cowboys come to their senses & finally release him ....

....as I've been advocating here since about 1,500 posts ago. No matter.

Bottom line is Romo needs the time for his 3-step drop receivers to do their thing & get separation, if they can't get help for Flozell, roll the pocket the other way or put Martellus Bennett or a TE on his side to help Flo out

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
ESPN was emphasizing the Flozell vs. Jared Allen on the flip side today. If the crowd noise contributes to Flozell blowing 3-4 snap counts again, that might make the Cowboys come to their senses & finally release him ....

Bottom line is Romo needs the time for his 3-step drop receivers to do their thing & get separation, if they can't get help for Flozell, roll the pocket the other way or put Martellus Bennett or a TE on his side to help Flo out
I hate Flo too. But next year when Jerry gives the reigns to Doug Free...

Free vs. Allen is a scary thought too.

LizardState
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I hate Flo too. But next year when Jerry gives the reigns to Doug Free...

I hope so. After his many offsides & false starts embarrassments Flo deserved kissykissy-byebye, not a big contract re-up.

Free has earned himself a spot as a starter. The front 5 o-line s/b Gurode, Davis, Free, Kosier, & Colombo, Proctor & McQuistan as swingmen.

If Sunday's game is as even a matchup as the pundits are hyping, then maybe it's true that the team making that 1st crucial 4th qtr mistake goes home for the playoffs.

djp
01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Loadholt has really only **** the bed once or twice this year.. been a much better pass blocker than I anticipated although he's still barely average.

Like I said earlier, no team has a huge advantage talent wise in this game. All going to be execution. So much pressure on our OL to perform. If they do, I think we put up at least 30 points.. which should be enough..

I think we win, but god damn its gonna be a good one. Looking forward to it fellas.

ps, check my sig quote :D

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Loadholt has really only **** the bed once or twice this year.. been a much better pass blocker than I anticipated although he's still barely average.

Like I said earlier, no team has a huge advantage talent wise in this game. All going to be execution. So much pressure on our OL to perform. If they do, I think we put up at least 30 points.. which should be enough..

I think we win, but god damn its gonna be a good one. Looking forward to it fellas.

ps, check my sig quote :D
That quote is hilarious!

If Dallas gives up 30 points, then yeah... you'll win. But dayum... that's a lot! That'd be a total breakdown. We're coming off 2 shutout games in a row.

LonghornsLegend
01-15-2010, 04:57 PM

I think a line of: Free - Iupati - Gurode - Davis - Columbo

Would be super sexy :D One can only dream, I still think we need to look at depth for the interior of the O-line, and hopefully Brewster is a player at some point.

Macarthur
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
One thing that I think helps Flo this week is that Allen is a big guy. He's a pretty big target. Where he's had the most problems is with the smaller guys. One thing you can say about Flo is that if he gets his hands on you, it's pretty much over.

diesel
01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I really hope Jason Williams turns into a player for us. He has that sexy speed just hope he gets it all together above the neck like Spencer did this year.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I think a line of: Free - Iupati - Gurode - Davis - Columbo

Would be super sexy :D One can only dream, I still think we need to look at depth for the interior of the O-line, and hopefully Brewster is a player at some point.
I didn't like where we drafted Brewster. I thought we could've waited. But after we drafted him, I did some research on him and really liked what I saw/found out.

I have no reason to believe he can't be a future starting RT for us. If that doesn't work, I think he could be moved to guard. Next season he should be our new Swing tackle. ...taking the place of Doug Free who will have moved into the starting line up. The one year Brewster has had immersing himself in the OL scheme (on paper, in terminology) should really help him for training camp next year. His torn pectoral muscle should be more than healed by then. Usually takes 4-6 months. I have just as high hopes for him than I do on Jason Williams. Brewster could be a real gem. He looks like a finisher, mauler and has very good movement in his feet. ...and add to that... when he wears his glasses he looks smart. lol. If he really is an intelligent player then the has the stuff to really become great.

Edit... before I get too off track... MINNESOTA IS GOING DOWN!!! hahaha.

FreshBoy!
01-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Didn't you hate this past draft?:cool:

D-Unit
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Didn't you hate this past draft?:cool:
You're speaking in past tense. Correction... I still hate last year's draft.

Even if Brewster is a Pro Bowl RT, that draft will still suck.

leroyisgod
01-16-2010, 07:46 PM
BLAH, I will miss the first quarter tomorrow because I'm flying to Vegas for a trade show. Glad to be going to Vegas, but extremely pissed that I'm missing a quarter. First of any game I will have missed in like 4 years.

I'm fairly confident going into this game. I think we match up really well.

Leroy's Keys to the game

Offense:

1. STOP Jared Allen- I think we'll chip and throw a few double teams at him
2. Control the clock- do i need to elaborate?
3. Attack Winfield- he's still not at 100% and I think we can take advantage of him.

Defense:

1. Stuff the run- Keep AP to minimal gains
2. Contain Percy Harvin- He's just like DeSean Jackson, keep him in front of you.
3. Blitz, blitz, blitz and when you're done blitzing, blitz again

DMWSackMachine
01-17-2010, 03:37 AM
My keys to the game:

Offense:

1) Pass the ball well
2) Run the ball well

Defense:

1) Stop the run
2) Stop the pass

If we can do those things, and if we can score more points than them, I guarantee a victory.

DMWSackMachine
01-17-2010, 03:49 AM
...but for real.

1) We've been over this draft, but I think if we can get one 3rd pass rushing OLB to backup Ware and Spencer, one decent OL to provide quality depth, and one future starter out of the deal (either Hamlin, Ogletree, or J Williams), to go along with the best TB specialist in the league in Buehler, then I think we have to be satisfied with our draft. I know everyone had guys they liked that were available when our pick came up in the 2nd, but if you can get a decent haul with a starter and some nice situational guys in a year when you have no 1st rounder, that's as good as can be expected. Everyone has down years, and when you look at the homerun of a class that we had in 08 as well as the suddenly very solid looking class of 07, its not that big a deal, really. I'm not upset about it, though I know it could certainly be better. That is the nature of the NFL draft, though.

As for the game...I've had a bad feeling all week long, and I can't shake it. I have no peace of mind with this team, and as long as Wade is here I don't think I ever will. I think something bad happens early and we get beat down. BUT, if we can make it out of the 1st quarter with the a lead and/or without turning the ball over, I think our chances of pulling it out are pretty good.

Just can't shake the ache in my gut, though.

Vikings 27, Dallas 17

Also, for the guy predicting that Minny would get 30 points or so: realize that only ONE team has scored 30 or more against us this year, and it was with the help of TOs and STs returns. That was NYG. We played San Diego, NO, Phi, Phi and GB and not one of those teams could get over 20 points, let alone 30. This is a really, really good scoring D. The only way you're getting over 30 is with the help of TOs and return yardage/TDs. Look at my prediction and you'll see how likely I think that is.

MetSox17
01-17-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm scared of this game. So much that i'm up at this hour and i can't fall back to sleep. I turned on my laptop so that pretty much assures me that any small chance i had of sleeping again today is toast.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I have come down from the mountain and here are my keys to the game:

Defense
1) Ratliff consistently beating their Center and forcing their Guards into double
2) Containing the seem passes to Harvin and Visanthe
3) No Berrian deep -- he can easily slip a corner with Favre running around...
4) LB Tackling -- a lot of MN will be short passing and I expect alot of AP
5) Screen pass recognition

Offense
1) Witten and Bennett and Phillips underneath for first downs
2) Austin and/or Oggletree attacking the safeties successfully
3) Fumbles, the MN play pretty aggressive, less concerned about INT
4) Flo false starts v Allen
5) MBIII and CHoice getting some tough yards in the middle on 3rd and 2

djp
01-17-2010, 11:14 AM
...but for real.

1) We've been over this draft, but I think if we can get one 3rd pass rushing OLB to backup Ware and Spencer, one decent OL to provide quality depth, and one future starter out of the deal (either Hamlin, Ogletree, or J Williams), to go along with the best TB specialist in the league in Buehler, then I think we have to be satisfied with our draft. I know everyone had guys they liked that were available when our pick came up in the 2nd, but if you can get a decent haul with a starter and some nice situational guys in a year when you have no 1st rounder, that's as good as can be expected. Everyone has down years, and when you look at the homerun of a class that we had in 08 as well as the suddenly very solid looking class of 07, its not that big a deal, really. I'm not upset about it, though I know it could certainly be better. That is the nature of the NFL draft, though.

As for the game...I've had a bad feeling all week long, and I can't shake it. I have no peace of mind with this team, and as long as Wade is here I don't think I ever will. I think something bad happens early and we get beat down. BUT, if we can make it out of the 1st quarter with the a lead and/or without turning the ball over, I think our chances of pulling it out are pretty good.

Vikings 27, Dallas 17

Also, for the guy predicting that Minny would get 30 points or so: realize that only ONE team has scored 30 or more against us this year, and it was with the help of TOs and STs returns. That was NYG. We played San Diego, NO, Phi, Phi and GB and not one of those teams could get over 20 points, let alone 30. This is a really, really good scoring D. The only way you're getting over 30 is with the help of TOs and return yardage/TDs. Look at my prediction and you'll see how likely I think that is.

I said we'd get 30 if we blocked. That's a big if. Why do you guys think you were so successful on D? My point was is that our squad can score with anyone if we protect Favre.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I said we'd get 30 if we blocked. That's a big if. Why do you guys think you were so successful on D? My point was is that our squad can score with anyone if we protect Favre.

The pregame pundits have noted this morning that Dallas hasnt given up 2+ TDs in 5 games, & that says a helluva lot about the Dallas defense, particularly the pass rush that may just be the best in the NFL at this time.

The Vikes will need to be at least 2 TDs better than the Cowboys to win today. Their defense is just one Romo nuance head fake or safety look off from catching up with 7 points, give up a late turnover & it's all over. It could come down to which defense can hold their lead, can stop either of these comeback QBs from doing what they do best.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Austin picks up the 1st down .... as a RB? Completely confused the Vikes though

In the early drive Romo has all day to throw. Opening drive looks Garrett scripted, scary.......

Uh oh, Minnesota smelled out the draw play.

Damn, well, that sure sucked, Romo lost the ball, Vikes recovery, 1st mistake of the game.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Get the ******* ball out quick...that rush is crazy right now...their DL is looking really strong...gonna have to hammer down and smash the run game I think. Soften them up....idk if thats possible.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
There was no one to throw to just now. I dont know what you want him to do there.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm just going to say this right now...I'm way to excited for this game...I'm going to be extremely animated in this thread.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:16 PM
I had nothing against Romo...didn't like the deep drop play call by garrett...but I understood it was 3rd and 14.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Not a problem. haha.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Nobody freaking touched Ware, 1st Warewolf sack!!!!!!!!! Chester Taylor will get reamed on the sideline for that .....

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I hope Ware is alright...hit his head pretty bad there.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
All this presnap movement scares me...vikings quicksnap runs are coming i bet

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
This environment blows. lol. So loud, gotta shut them up.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:22 PM
FELIX! he is teh sexy...so glad i was wrong about him

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Felix just faked Griffin right out of his jock

thule
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I ******* Hate Kickers

Paul
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
two ******* good drives wasted.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:25 PM
march march march...**** up and have to make another defensive stand....this team is so hard to cheer for. I wish folk would have never gotten hurt...i was so done dreading kicks.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Damn wtf was that?!!? Tipped by Witten straight up, goes to Austin, gains 8 on 3rd & 9, 48-yd. FG.... Missed!

Offense has them on their heels & completely crossed up but does the fail thing at the edge of FG range (around their 35 yd line).

Go for it on 4th & 1, nah, too early

thule
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM
another game where we will dominate the stat line and lose on the scoreboard? God I hope not....Wade is bringing PRESSURE...my god

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Blitz on 1st down! Cowboys were inches from Favre, he's going to see this all ******* day. Need to hit him early & often, he's 40 damn yrs old.

adamprez2003
01-17-2010, 12:29 PM
that could have been the worst coverage by a CB I have ever seen. All he had to do was look up

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
It was actually perfect coverage by a safety. But he didnt even turn his head. He was in perfect position. ughhh.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:31 PM
players failing to make plays...sigh...gotta get another drive going settle this crowd down

adamprez2003
01-17-2010, 12:32 PM
It was actually perfect coverage by a safety. But he didnt even turn his head. He was in perfect position. ughhh. step for step and he never turns aro0und? and then he doesnt even react after the catch. WTF?

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Terrible coverage. Didn't look to the ball, and didn't even make an effort to take him down. He'd better start looking for the ball, and damn soon.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Pat Williams has a gut the size of Iceland.... he looks fatter than Terence Cody.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Dallas safety on the td looked like he was avoiding PI instead of covering, never looked up for the ball.

Do the Vikes know Witten has been open on the 7-yd hitch to the left all game? Do thier LBs have TE co9verage responsibility at all?

thule
01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Terrible coverage. Didn't look to the ball, and didn't even make an effort to take him down. He'd better start looking for the ball, and damn soon.

he didn't know he made the catch...watch his face ... he turns around and looks for the ball

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:42 PM
1st down on the 10! Punch it in!!!!!

Razorback, whaaaaaat?? 1 yd for Choice -- That's just dumb, wasted 1st down.

More fail with goal to go, Bob said Team Stupid showed up a wk ago, it's been postponed by a wk. This is self-destructive stupid, 3 TDs wasted, dammit! FG, 7-3, s/b 21-7.

They called Garrett the best playcaller in the league? Not inside the Vikings 10 today he isnt.....

thule
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Razorback has been our go to run formation all year in the redzone..shouldn't surprise us....they just stopped it

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
And it's stopped 9 out of 10 times. We should just let it go already.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
he didn't know he made the catch...watch his face ... he turns around and looks for the ball

And who's fault is that? He had good coverage, but misplayed the ball and misidentified the catch.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
So far I don't like anything I see.

1) Too conservative on the O. Need to stretch the D and the LB especially
2) Stop trying to run up the middle. Thier DT and ILB are immobile
3) Newman making another big mistake in coverage.
4) sloppy with the fumbles
5) Guard and Center getting eatin' up alive.
6) Bench Colombo and get Free in.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:49 PM
And who's fault is that? He had good coverage, but misplayed the ball and misidentified the catch.

Newman also didn't jam him....so as ready as I am to say cut Sensabaugh...I guess I understand **** happens.

diesel
01-17-2010, 12:49 PM
We just might see Free at LT now. C'mon Flozell

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
More stupid, Brookings' foot slid over the LOS, 18 yds for Peterson.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I hate marcus spears....he is such a ******* soft player

LizardState
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
About to go down 14-3 here b/c they can't stop Peterson..... something far worse defenses did all damn yr. yeah, 14-3, 2nd Rice TD.

This blows, Dallas turns into Team Stupid on the road. Favre only took one long chancy bomb for a TD, now he's playing it safe with high %age plays -- defensive fail & can't hold on to the bal on offense have played right into their hands.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:58 PM
We have actually been a very good road team this year....it's all about mistakes and executing....now watch us abandon the run.

thule
01-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Dallas dominants by getting ahead earlier....**** like this is when things get ugly.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Wtf was that?

Joe D, your kick return team blows.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Newman also didn't jam him....so as ready as I am to say cut Sensabaugh...I guess I understand **** happens.

I feel this same way. That's just not quite the **** we need haha.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh great, Flo is out. I guess Free is really going to have an opportunity to step up here.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
This is ******* hopeless.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
This game is over.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
We have actually been a very good road team this year....it's all about mistakes and executing....now watch us abandon the run.

True, Garrett has bromance with his TEs anytime they get close to the goal line. So far there's been 6-7 1st downs to the TEs, even Minnesota can figure that out.

Another Romo fumble, the crowd noise did a blown handoff.... this is just poor preparation, this is on the coaching staff.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
They've reverted to early season form.

Headlines tomorrow morning: Clock strikes midnight for Cinderella Romo, Dallas

thule
01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
This is on player execution....Witten doesn't block the DE down or push him around the QB....Newman doesn't jam the WR....this is ******* execution....Columbo gets his assed kicked against ray ******* edwards...how the **** can you fault the coaching staff....what ******* game are you watching?

thule
01-17-2010, 01:11 PM
My name is kevin oggletree and I'm as elusive after contact as julius jones....we are down 14 and felix can't return a kick...can't say i understand that logic.

crisco0710
01-17-2010, 01:12 PM
We all got our wish. Lets see Free make us proud.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Garrett stop with the freaking delays they will not work.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I love losing Flozell and getting exposed...hopefully this shows Jerry that Bulaga needs to be a priority on draft day.

djp
01-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I love losing Flozell and getting exposed...hopefully this shows Jerry that Bulaga needs to be a priority on draft day.

Fellas, this is a two possession game. Points before the half here and you're right back in it.. holy meltdown.

yo123
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
What djp said. Our defense is always horrible at the end of the half I'll be surprised if you don't score here.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:17 PM
This is how we look in our loses....so, we always jump the gun and are normally right in our thinking. But yeah, the game isnt over. It does look hopeless, though.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
how the **** can you fault the coaching staff....what ******* game are you watching?

They have a dome to practice for crowd noise with recorded amped up screaming to practice the snap count, that's what pro teams are supposed to do, doesnt look like it worked does it?

thule
apparently chester taylor > adrian peterson and ray edwards > jared allen

diesel
This is terrible, at least Spencer came to play.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd be more hopeful if somebody, anybody was playing with some ******* heart. Where's the passion? Everybody just looks confused.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:22 PM
They have a dome to practice for crowd noise with recorded amped up screaming to practice the snap count, that's what pro teams are supposed to do, doesnt look like it worked does it?

I guess I've missed the false starts and delay of game penalties costing us points...btw the game is on fox

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't think Romo can change plays at the line, note how he always whispers snap counts to Gurode before dropping into the shotgun, crowd noise definitely a factor today

They can't overcome the 2 td drives they blew in the early 1st half. And the drive-killer turnovers too

It doesnt look good if they have to play catchup all damn day. It's going to be all about halftime adjustments or it's a long afternoon for Dallas.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I would cut patrick crayton tomorrow...he is the most heartless player on this team...quits on his routes....always bails....I hate him

UTPATS
01-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Perfect opportunity for a leader to step up at half time and bring our guys out with some heart and reserve in the second half. Who's it going to be????

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Spears, Crayton, Newman, several others all giving their worst today.... 3 Romo fumbles, sheeeeeit!

Flozell out so we can't hate on him today.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, we definately were not prepared for this game. Especially the OL. Horrid.

Only way we win this game is

1) We start attacking the middle of the field. We are not stretching them out at all.
2) We run outside more. Their DTs can't move. We are married to the lead draw -- which does not work v this team.
3) Two turnovers.
4) No more TNew mistakes.
5) No huddle would be nice with 4 WR and one blocking TE. Make them play in space. They can't.

The last slant to Austin said it all. 4 guys on him. Lucky no INT.

Go deep, make the LB backpedal please.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Spears, Crayton, Newman, several others all giving their worst today.... 3 Romo fumbles, sheeeeeit!

Flozell out so we can't hate on him today.

Playing stupid.

TNew is the one I just don't get. All mental w/ him. Not physical.

E-Man
01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Everyone is pissed, and rightfully so. I am in a terrible mood, but there is still a chance. Like Long is saying right now, they can't panic. They were moving the ball, and they've gotta keep their focus. Witten should be abusing the backers today. Garrett needs to use some things to get their aggressive D on edge. Right now they've got all the momentum, and they're feeling unstoppable.

Wade has got to settle the D down, and remember what got them there in the first place. They're not playing lock down like they used to, and they're playing like they don't want to give up plays instead of trying to make them.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Run ******* 3TE set the rest of the game for all i ******* care. Leave Austin out wide and max protect until we are back in this game. We can abuse there ends in the run game and backers in coverage yet can't exploit this matchup....errr

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Have we even tried a deep pass yet?

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Have we even tried a deep pass yet?

Our line cant even block for two seconds.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Biggest storm of the season slamming into the Left Coast now, I'm moving plants indoors. Still way too early to get drunk in California dammit, although I'm motivated.

A turnover now would hold my interest in this shellacking.... ah ha! 3 & out, they smacked Favre, that's what was supposed to happen.

Dallas got away with holding. Now a flag on the home team? This is the longest punt in history.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:45 PM
I can't remember throwing downfield since week 3. We haven't done it all season.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Great field position...need 6 right now.

E-Man
01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
These penalties are a positive. Let's make it happen 'Boys.

Staubach12
I can't remember throwing downfield since week 3. We haven't done it all season.

We have to Miles Austin.

thule
I don't even care about 6. Points make this a ball game and take the crowd out of the game. See what garrett changed at halftime...he's been terrible with half time adjustments his whole career.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:50 PM
We have to Miles Austin.

tell garrett not me

LizardState
Even the damn 9ers did a better job of preparation & execution vs this Minnesota offense, & with far worse personnel.

M.O.T.H.
Just give them damn ball to Felix. ****.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Barber can barely freaking run.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Running game is working, stick with it Garrett!

Damn, 7-yd loss! That pitchout to Barber was waaaaaay too slow in developing, Edwards is playing lights out today.

Once again, fail once they get to FG range.... ******* o-linemen shoved back in Romo's face when he's looking, & oh yes, another missed FG.

I can see the TV sets being turned off all over Texas right now.......

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
WHY THE **** ARE YOU TOSSING TO BARBER WITH NO LEAD MAN?! That's a play for Felix to run, but an injured Barber? No, stop.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Bye Bye barber...sorry but you have been awful since you were injured last year.

thule
01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm ******* sorry but in the NFL RB's have to ******* win one on one situations...Barber just can't do that anymore.

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
O-V-E-R. Over. Done. Nice season.

E-Man
01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
**** Shaun Suisam! **** His Ass Up On The Sideline! He's A Sorry Sack Of ****!

UTPATS
One negative play kills a drive when you are playing a very good defense...

cotts1
wtf.......why did i put money on the boyz?

LizardState
01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Dallas players looking at the game clock, Romo slams the ball down after the sack, that's the snapshot moment for the sport pg, EOL on the season whole damn season.

Next wk's main sports theme : Favre & his New Orleans Homecoming! It will be all over ESPN, here all wk. I know I will sick of it by Monday night.....

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Draft Day shopping list:

(ya'll feel free to add as we go....)

Replacement for Flozell at LT
Eric Berry, or just a safety with ball skills
A smarter, younger CB in Newman's spot
A ******* kicker!!!!!!
RB depth (yes more depth)
OL depth

Is the Martellus Bennett offer still on the table?

thule
01-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Big drive right here...I sense us driving down the field...this is where the jab lands.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I seriously doubt it, when we're starting at the 2.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Big drive right here...I sense us driving down the field...this is where the jab lands.

And yet another 3rd & long................. incomplete. Run up the white flag....

Staubach12
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Draft Day shopping list:

(ya'll feel free to add as we go....)

Replacement for Flozell at LT
Eric Berry, or just a safety with ball skills
A smarter, younger CB in Newman's spot
A ******* kicker!!!!!!
RB depth (yes more depth)
OL depth

Is the Martellus Bennett offer still on the table?

-Berry isn't going to be anywhere close to being in the vicinity of our pick.
-Scantrick can start, we just need more depth. That's a late pick
-DE. Spears isn't going to be the starter on a super-bowl team, bottom line.

thule
01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Blah....I was thinking we'd go quick slant on first down..../sigh Barber dive is such a great idea....if your going to run on first to get room...aren't you going to run on 2nd or 3rd for the same reasons?

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:10 PM
JG and Romo are not helping.

Romo has happy feet.

JG is reverting to his desperate, predictable play calling.

FWIW, Roy Williams is open. They are not even looking at him.

This is why our coaching staff is not very good.

Screen pass? No.
Post? No.
Deep inside the hash marks? No.
More toss plays to Felix? No, Barber.

I hate JG. He really does suck. No change in the game plan. Just keeps plugging in the same idiot calls.

Run in the middle (Check)
Sideline pattens (Check)
TE in the flat of the zone (Check)

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Comic relief: McBriar gives his worst Academy award performance -- running into the kicker. And they're making him kick again! LMAO!

Deja vu all over again: Everyone was worried about the Dallas December jinx, but today we see the October v. 2.0 flavor, the team that blew it in Denver.....

Ratliff forcesd a fumble, wait not a fumble. Vikes punt

UTPATS
01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Spears had made a few good plays on Peterson today, which has been nice to see.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Okay, it would be nice to see us ATTACK the edges with the run and the middle with the pass.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Delays, draws & sweeps are not working for what they all said was the best draw play team in FB.

Another Romo turnover, this is like Seattle 5 yrs ago. Maybe worse.

Even lackluster Joe Buck sounds somber & disappointed. Aikman is doing a facepalm in the booth, hopes no one remembers he won the last Dallas SB. Yeah, it's that bad.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Why bother our OC is an idiot.

Not one pass in the middle all day. Not 1.

E-Man
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
*lets out long sigh*

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Is it draft day yet?

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:26 PM
And what kills me is the predictability of the mistakes and lack of preparation. MN took this D game plan right from Green Bay and it is like new to JG and Romo.

In addition, the attempted FG in the first quarter was stupid on 4th and short. It set up this conservative mindset which has failed so far today.

This team needs smarter coaches to take advantage of the talent but we will never get it.

E-Man
FWIW Doug Free has played well considering the circumstances. I know everyone will look at the Allen fumble, but watch him beyond that.

M.O.T.H.
As you can see, it doesnt matter who our kick returner is. That guy, has no chance in hell with that blocking.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Hurryup offense = too little, too late.

Anyone else noticed they figured out that all we have is Felix, hit as soon as he gets the ball? No more RAC yds today. Sacks on Romo coming fast & furious.

No excuse for the staff not expecting that the Vikes had an extra wk. to prepare for the screens & draws, shut them down today. Brilliant gameplan, Boys, ************

UTPATS
01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Out played and out coached today...sometimes that happens.

Paul
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Out played and out coached today...sometimes that happens.

Gah, by Brad ******* Childress.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Last bright spot of the day: Prince's GF wearing Dallas gear in the booth.

They're dusting off footage from the Dallas vs. Minnesota 1975 playoffs..... that's how boring it is

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 02:36 PM
All I have to say...

Qv1pEKAy25A

Paul
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I blame Moth for Sidney Rice.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :(

thule
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Where is Banning now to back Garrett...same old Garrett. Will look like a genius when we execute...look like an idiot when we get down early because his gameplan will not be adjusted at anytime over the course of the game.

I'M STARTING THE DAN REEVES FOR OC BANDWAGON. God would that be awesome...wouldn't have to worry about anyone touching our coordinators.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
So much for my Dallas vs. Ravens SB prediction. Both teams shot their bolts in the 1st playoff game, flatter than tortillas in the 2nd.

NOLA Saints vs. SD Bolts in Miami this February anybody?

If they don't draft Leigh Tiffin on draft day 2 or sign him UDFA I may get even more nauseous than I am right now. Maybe that guy from UCLA, I don't care, I just want a kicking game again. They struck gold with Folk 3 yrs. ago, now he may be out of fb. Why is Dallas the NFL place where kicker careers go to die?

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I wish we could pass block...that would've been nice.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:44 PM
A draw play on 3rd & 2? Who'd'a thunk it? Garrett ridesw that horse right into the ******* ground.

UTPATS
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Guys, Minnesota is good and played like that today. Wish 'em good luck and lets have a kick ass off-season!

thule
01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Atleast Garrett is the hot coordinator...go to buffalo or something...I hope he's gone...I hate him...called for his head last offseason...and idc what Banning says...you can't be successful in this league with the inability to adjust. Just because it works on paper doesn't mean things can't change. I hate his pompus attitude...because it directly correctlates to our gameplane.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
JG really is bad.

Hey, at least he did not abandon the run!

ROTFLMAO!

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Guys, Minnesota is good and played like that today. Wish 'em good luck and lets have a kick ass off-season!

MN gets lit up like a XMas tree next week.

Peyton will put together a game plan to attack the seems.

Our guys have been open deep ALOT.

Just seems we are more interested in throwing 8 yard outs.

And yes BAD TONY was out today. He was horrid.

Ohhh another 2 yard pattern.......

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
He only called about 10 delays. None of which worked. gahhhhhhh.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I dont know what you expect Tony to do when he's had zero time to throw. The guy's being rushed from everywhere, inside and out. Our line gave him no chance at all today. None.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 02:49 PM
JG "vertical" offense FTW!!!

hahahahhahahahaa.

We need Golden Tate. Deep threat city!

Kyle Kosier did his best '07 playoff performance. Go Giants! I mean erm Vikings!!!

This game is exactly the same. Pressure all over Romo. He looked like Colt Brennan against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
The templates for our losses are similar ....

1) We come out moving the ball but don't score
2) We miss FG
3) We make a big mistake on D to give up a TD.
4) We move ball and make another mistakes.
5) We are down and never come back.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 02:50 PM

And yes BAD TONY was out today. He was horrid.

Ohhh another 2 yard pattern.......
Tony had no protection today. Any QB would be bad.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I dont know what you expect Tony to do when he's had zero time to throw. The guy's being rushed from everywhere, inside and out. Our line gave him no chance at all today. None.

Yes he is being rushed but sometimes you need to PUSH IT.

He is not. Take a five step and throw it to Roy Williams (zero targets?)

TR is satisfied throwing 5 yard out routes. He failed today big in seizing the moment. He played scared.

thule
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM

ANd yes BAD TONY was out today.

Bad tony is the tony who gets shaken early. Hit him and force him to get the ball out early and he'll show his colors.

Tony needs time...once he gets flustered it's in his head. He is a huge hot cold player...and that's all because of his mental makeup.

He had no help from his OL...and proved he is an elite NFL QB in the league...just need a coordinator that can adjust a gameplan so he doesn't get killed.

WHERE THE **** is the max protect? He got killed all first half and yet we are still only blocking with 5 and chipping with a back while running a 5 step drop. I hate Garrett...I wish Banning would come in here and defend him.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 02:52 PM
ANd yes BAD TONY was out today.

Yes, that's Mr. Hyde, not Dr. Jekyll. You remember, same guy who fumbled the kick attempt hold in Seattle. Thule is right, Romo gets out of his comfort zone early & he's done for the day.

NOLA is going to kill these Vikes. Prediction: Saints 35, Vikings 13.

Will somebody puh-leeze find Dallas a kicker? Pls!! No more waiver wire refugees, puh-leeeeeeze

ZERO Roy Williams today, hellll-oo! This is the gamebreaker Jerry personally acquired from the Lions for a boatload of draft choices?

I hear the echoes of Bill Parcells LHAO in Florida somewhere right now.

thule

TR is satisfied throwing 5 yard out routes. He failed today big in seizing the moment. He played scared.

His coordinator hung him out to dry imo.

herniateddisc
JG "vertical" offense FTW!!!

hahahahhahahahaa.

We need Golden Tate. Deep threat city!

Kyle Kosier did his best '07 playoff performance. Go Giants! I mean erm Vikings!!!

This game is exactly the same. Pressure all over Romo. He looked like Colt Brennan against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Our entire OL sucked including Gurode and Davis.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Bad tony is the tony who gets shaken early. Hit him and force him to get the ball out early and he'll show his colors.

Tony needs time...once he gets flustered it's in his head. He is a huge hot cold player...and that's all because of his mental makeup.

He had no help from his OL...and proved he is an elite NFL QB in the league...just need a coordinator that can adjust a gameplan so he doesn't get killed.

WHERE THE **** is the max protect? He got killed all first half and yet we are still only blocking with 5 and chipping with a back while running a 5 step drop. I hate Garrett...I wish Banning would come in here and defend him.

Oh I agree both Romo and JG need fine tuning.

Romo gets a little pressure and he refuses to throw the ball downfield. He prefers these 2 yard outs.

They both sucked.

Again, even now ....... can we throw one ball downfield? Just one???????

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 02:54 PM

ugh. There isnt even a pocket. He's being hit or flushed out even before our receivers turn around. Our line was garbage today. We had no chance...no Qb would behind that line. Completely dominated from start to finish. Looked just like the Packer game. And it's not even defensive game planning it's one line being a helluva lot better than the other. They didnt even have to blitz. They were just throwing us around.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
His coordinator hung him out to dry imo.

I agree. JG sucks. Unless he can overwhelm ..... he sucks at the chess match.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
ugh. There isnt even a pocket. He's being hit or flushed out even before our receivers turn around. Our line was garbage today. We had no chance...no Qb would behind that line. Completely dominated from start to finish. Looked just like the Packer game. And it's not even defensive game planning it's one line being a helluva lot better than the other. They didnt even have to blitz. They were just throwing us around.

3 step drop = 1/2/3 THROWWWWWWWWWWWW

Not wait wait wait wait, sack.

Same for 5 and 7.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
TNew showing his stripes. Nice non play.

Another one of our vastly over rated DUMB players.

thule
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree. JG sucks. Unless he can overwhelm ..... he sucks at the chess match.

If he was playing chess he would sit at home and gameplan the best strategical moves and then go into the matchup with set moves and move his peices as he scripted....classic case of someone with a education thinking they are smart actually proving to be a ******* ******.

thule
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM

He is great when given a specific task. Terrence makes sure Steve Smith doesn't catch the ball...worry about noone else....bam he is shutdown. But ask him to play football and he turns stupid. You can service players like this...he'd be a fine player...but situational is the best for him.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Our entire OL sucked including Gurode and Davis.
In pass protection, yes. That's because they have to cover for the weak link and have to handle more than one assignment. Davis was a beast pulling out.

Everyone is just going through the motions now.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Newman is going through the motions like everyone else. No reason to point him out singly.

Sensabaugh has been bad. Hamlin has been invisible. Jenkins and Scandrick played well. They both got some non-calls though.

As a pass rusher, Marcus Spears is a joke.

UTPATS
Spears did stuff Peterson on numerous occasions today, but he cannot keep his feet and pass rush.

D-Unit
I think Garrett gets a HC position... edit: I hope...

C'mon Norm Chow!!!

herniateddisc
Well, I said it was going to be a tough game but this staff did not prepare well and it showed.

Our weaknesses got exposed and we did nothing to take advantage of MN.

The fact the game got away made it even worse since we are a poor MUST pass team.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Again our interior OL sucked today and we ALLEGEDLY have two Pro Bowlers there.

To boot Edwards and Allen ate up our tackles with simple speed rushes.

But without interior pressure, Romo steps into a bunch of throws he normally makes.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I think Garrett gets a HC position... edit: I hope...

C'mon Norm Chow!!!

I can stomach meatball as HC again with DC but JG gotta go.

Garrett has been outclassed in a few games this year.

DMWSackMachine
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Vikings 27, Dallas 17

Sadly prophetic.

We came out and were taking it to them. So many times when teams get eliminated from the playoffs its a case study in the things that killed you all season long. For us it was wasted scoring opportunities due to drive killing plays in conjunction with offensive TOs, a failure to do the same thing with our defense, and of course, missed FGs. A microcosm of our season. One nice stretch of football doesn't change who you are.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Again our interior OL sucked today and we ALLEGEDLY have two Pro Bowlers there.

To boot Edwards and Allen ate up our tackles.
Well the Vikings front 4 are or have been Pro Bowlers so....

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Well at least if the Vikings make it, Sam Hurd is a pro bowler instead of Farwell. Romo makes it regardless now...on the brighter side of things.

ughhhh....I'm a weird guy, I'd be more pissed if we loss a close game. I knew this one was over fairly early so, I came to grips with it pretty early. Like the Eagles game last year. I'm still pissed, though.

LizardState
01-17-2010, 03:14 PM
O-line pass protection, deep pass defense, playcalling, & oh yeah the kicking game, Romo & His Happy Feet passing game, what aspect of it didn't Dallas dick up today?

Not a lotta bright spots watching these replays. Yeah Mothman, this game was over early.

herniateddisc
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Well the Vikings front 4 are or have been Pro Bowlers so....

So .... that means no one can block?

I am not killing Romo for today but he sucked too. He got flustered and frustrated and did nothing to change the complexion of the game. Romo kept doing Capt Check down. Did not throw one pass deep. Not one. He did not even look at Williams which was abominable also b/c he was open. And AS USUAL, he throws his INT to the right. ALWAYS. Incredible.

Entire O sucked starting with JG lack of a game plan. I dunno how many times I have to see Witten of Crayton run a pattern into a zone and slide out for the pass. It was the only route either ran all day. Worse yet, one little pump and you likely had the CB 1-on-1 over the top.

Gribble
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I was prepared mentally for a loss, but this was pretty ugly.

D-Unit
So .... that means no one can block?

I am not killing Romo for today but he sucked too. He got flustered and frustrated and did nothing to change the complexion of the game. Romo kept doing Capt Check down. Did not throw one pass deep. Not one. He did not even look at Williams which was abominable also b/c he was open. And AS USUAL, he throws his INT to the right. ALWAYS. Incredible.

Entire O sucked starting with JG lack of a game plan. I dunno how many times I have to see Witten of Crayton run a pattern into a zone and slide out for the pass. It was the only route either ran all day. Worse yet, one little pump and you likely had the CB 1-on-1 over the top.
Well, I thought you were trying to infer that because we had 2 pro bowl OL men that we should've dominated more on the OL. Or that we had 2 guys that shouldn't have been PBlers. Fact is, they were outmatched by more Pro Bowlers.

Whole team sucked today... but we can't come away thinking that they are sucky players. Playing sucky and being sucky are 2 different things.

LizardState
Well boys, that's the season. Better than the last few yrs. though, I really enjoyed watching Dallas beat the arrogance out of the Eagles this season.

Long time til next Dallas game blogging.....

(Launches into doo-wop song)

I'll be alone each and every night
While you're away, don't forget to write

Bye-bye, so long, farewell
Bye-bye, so long

See you in September
See you when the summer's through
Here we are (bye, baby, goodbye)
Saying goodbye at the station (bye, baby, goodbye)
Summer vacation (bye, baby bye, baby)
Is taking you away (bye, baby, goodbye)

Have a good time, but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love?
(counting the days 'til I'll be with you)
(counting the hours and the minutes, too)

Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long)

Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love
(I'll be alone each and every night)
(While you're away, don't forget to write)

See you (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
In September (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
I'm hopin' I'll
Well, maybe I'll

Just kidding, we'll be here all winter to browbeat this team through draft days & summer camp :cool: Just wanted to work those lyrics in.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm ready to get my weekends back.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I sure hope the baseball season goes well. Since football is over and Orlando freaking sucks.

pocketaces
01-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm ready to get my weekends back.

I'm not.:( Oh well, the better team won but I sure thought it would be alot closer. Freaking kickers...So I guess we need some Oline help, a kicker, and a safety in the draft or FA.

D-Unit
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Vikings fans are classy. Even though they DOMINATED us, they aren't here rubbing it in our faces. It'd be nice to see them win a SB. That's one team that deserves it.

cotts1
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Geez you think you guys have it bad?....try being a Lions fan....

Macarthur
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, I thought you were trying to infer that because we had 2 pro bowl OL men that we should've dominated more on the OL. Or that we had 2 guys that shouldn't have been PBlers. Fact is, they were outmatched by more Pro Bowlers.

Whole team sucked today... but we can't come away thinking that they are sucky players. Playing sucky and being sucky are 2 different things.

I think this is an excellent point. Remember last year after the Eagles game; we were very upset. We came back this year with some changes and dominated the Eagles and won the division. It's too soon after this bad game to overreact.

I've got some ideas on what we need to change:

1. Our OL was doing well until Flo got hurt. Maybe we could have plugged Free in for Columbo when he showed he was not moving well and possibly could have been okay, but Columbo just got owned.

2. This game was not on Romo. Sure, the INT was bad, but he was under seige all game. Frankly, I think it was amazing that he only have one pick?

3. Not a great game for JG, but when your OL is getting whipped, there's just not much an OC can do.

4. RW is a lazy quitter. That spot needs to be completely open competition come camp time.

5. Spears is a good run stuffer and I would like to have him back at a reasonable cost.

6. Let Carp walk and hope that either Williams or Hodge can fill that role.

7. While I don't hate Kosier, it would be nice to find another big hog to plug into that spot. He's fine most of the time, but when we play big physical DTs, he really struggles.

8. As much as I love Barber, our offense grinds to a hault when he is in the game. He just isn't as good as Felix and Choice. Wonder if he has any trade value.

thule
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I think this is an excellent point. Remember last year after the Eagles game; we were very upset. We came back this year with some changes and dominated the Eagles and won the division. It's too soon after this bad game to overreact.

I've got some ideas on what we need to change:

1. Our OL was doing well until Flo got hurt. Maybe we could have plugged Free in for Columbo when he showed he was not moving well and possibly could have been okay, but Columbo just got owned.

We were getting the ball out quickly...our line was still getting owned even when Flozell was in there...do you not remember the fumble on the first drive?

2. This game was not on Romo. Sure, the INT was bad, but he was under seige all game. Frankly, I think it was amazing that he only have one pick?

3. Not a great game for JG, but when your OL is getting whipped, there's just not much an OC can do.

How about max protect? 3 Step drop? This is why Garrett is paid the big bucks....there is a TON he can do....why does he get off the hook?

4. RW is a lazy quitter. That spot needs to be completely open competition come camp time.

I have no problem with open competition but is this RW hate from previous games or the MN game?

5. Spears is a good run stuffer and I would like to have him back at a reasonable cost.

Spears is not a good run stuffer. He is an average run stuffer...who constantly takes himself out of plays and will collapse if thats where the OL feels soft. He is a selfish player...if he had elite talent he'd be the RLB flying up the field taking himself out of the play. He is a waste of talent.

6. Let Carp walk and hope that either Williams or Hodge can fill that role.

Carp did what to get cut? He isn't a cancer and is a fine role player and solid special teams player...why cut him?

7. While I don't hate Kosier, it would be nice to find another big hog to plug into that spot. He's fine most of the time, but when we play big physical DTs, he really struggles.

8. As much as I love Barber, our offense grinds to a hault when he is in the game. He just isn't as good as Felix and Choice. Wonder if he has any trade value.

response in bold

Macarthur
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
The OL was outmatched, but they were not getting "owned" while flo was in there. Our first 3 drives went right down into their end of the field. We probably still lose that game with Flo, but I do think if we could have put Free in for Columbo, we might have been more effective.

They did some max protect. Remember the Romo fumble? They kept the TE and RB in to protect on that.

You contradict yourself and say the OL was getting owned and then complain that there is TONS JG can do. And I'm not letting him off the hook; he didn't have a great game, but when your OL is getting their as*ses kicked, what exactly should he have done?

RW has been here for more than a year. Are you saying we need a bigger body of work to examine? And I'm not a hater....he is what he is.

I think Spears is more valuable than you...I wouldn't pay big money, but are you ready to give the job to Bowen full time?

Carp's contract is up so he would not be cut. He's been a decent role player.

D-Unit
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Gotta get rid of Spears.... a given. But I have to say... nobody's been saying it, but Olshansky disappointed me this year. He did ok, but he didn't live up to my expectations, that's for sure. I thought he would be better being back under Wade. He wasn't terrible... he just wasn't what I hoped.

herniateddisc
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
FWIW, I was hearing Carl Banks on the NY Radio station and he ripped JG for his play calling and inability to adjust the game plan.

OL got hammered too as "they did not come to play."

vikes_28
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry to say this, and please don't hurt my rep, but Suisham sucks!!!! Why do all Cowboy's kickers suck?

Macarthur
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
FWIW, I was hearing Carl Banks on the NY Radio station and he ripped JG for his play calling and inability to adjust the game plan.

OL got hammered too as "they did not come to play."

Carl Banks?

Well, Joe Avezanno said on TV last night that you could tell JG and the coaches did make adjustments. Sometimes you just get whipped.

herniateddisc
01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Carl Banks?

Well, Joe Avezanno said on TV last night that you could tell JG and the coaches did make adjustments. Sometimes you just get whipped.

FWIW, Carl Banks is more an authority of truth and fact than Joe Avezanno IMHO when it comes to Cowboys.

Macarthur
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
For real??

herniateddisc
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
For real??

Yes, for real.

Macarthur
01-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Carl Banks, in NYC, is more in tune with what happens with the Cowboys than one of their former coaches that still lives in the area?

herniateddisc
01-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Carl Banks, in NYC, is more in tune with what happens with the Cowboys than one of their former coaches that still lives in the area?

OK, that is not what is being written. Oh boy.

Carl Banks is going to give you a more honest opinion of JG's performance yesterday.

That does not mean Banks knows more about the Cowboys than Joe.

Paul
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry to say this, and please don't hurt my rep, but Suisham sucks!!!! Why do all Cowboy's kickers suck?

Well, yeah.

But before this year we had one of the best kickers in the league, he just ****** up his hip or something.

Macarthur
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
OK, that is not what is being written. Oh boy.

Carl Banks is going to give you a more honest opinion of JG's performance yesterday.

That does not mean Banks knows more about the Cowboys than Joe.

So you think Carl Banks is 100% objective and Coach Joe is not?

Give me a break. What incentive does Coach Joe have to sugar coat things. I've watched him all year on with Hansen and he has been critical more than once.

And for the record, you started your statement with "FWIW". So tell me why I should value his opinion more than Avezzano's?

herniateddisc
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
So you think Carl Banks is 100% objective and Coach Joe is not?

When it comes to the Cowboys Banks Objectivity >>>> Joe's. The Metro is schizo when it comes to the Boys. Be like asking Galloway about Jerrah.

In fact, Banks also said he thought Flo packed it in. I kind of thought the same when I heard about a calf injury getting him out. He was standing on the sideline. Get out there fat man and do what you are paid for.

Macarthur
01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
When it comes to the Cowboys Banks Objectivity >>>> Joe's. The Metro is schizo when it comes to the Boys. Be like asking Galloway about Jerrah.

In fact, Banks also said he thought Flo packed it in. I kind of thought the same when I heard about a calf injury getting him out. He was standing on the sideline. Get out there fat man and do what you are paid for.

I think Carl Banks is a jackass.

I don't for one minute believe Flo packed it in. Does Banks realize that Flo played with basically one arm last year because his shoulder was in very bad shape? On the other hand, he played much of the year with a severe infection that made his hand swell up to almost twice normal size.

Flo is big and his quickness has been gone for a while, but one thing he has never been is a quitter.

I think comments like that give Banks even less credibility and zero objectivity. In fact, it shows a huge bias.

You do realize that this guy played for Wash and NY? You think he's objective? FRankly, I'm completely blown away that you would give even one moment of thought to anything he would say.

herniateddisc
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
You do realize that this guy played for Wash and NY? You think he's objective? FRankly, I'm completely blown away that you would give even one moment of thought to anything he would say.

So playing for the GMen and DC makes you unobjective but being an ex-Cowboy Coach does?

Whatever. Stop drinking the koolaid.

LizardState
01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Dump Flozell? Hell yes, these are losses that should've been cut long ago. Doug Free has earned a starting job on the front 5 IMO

Dump Folk? If his leg can't be salvaged & his kicking game turned around, yes. This is a TBD that s/b made before draft day so Dallas can draft a kicker, I think young legs are better than old in the kicking game (see: the Kaeding fail last Sunday).

Dump Spears? Yeah, he's still a great physical specimen with a 10-cent head who dogs it in big games vs. quality OTs.... oh wait you ask, McKennie & the Vikes are a quality OL? No he isn't & they arent but what does that show you about Spears at this point?

Dump Carpenter? Simply let his contract expire & show him the door. Late season stepping up doesnt compensate for September/October missed tackles & bad reads.

Trade Roy Williams? Maybe, but Jerry would have a cow about it. Not worth the trouble, the team is stuck with him. Never thought I would think this but he makes fans wish they had TO back.

Trade MBIII? Clearly he was rushed into the game on a still bum leg, many comments about how much slower he looked. This is a TBD depending on how well he rehabs this offseason. His trade value now is diminished, but might be worthwhile as the draft nears. Don't laugh, but former TCU Hornytoad Ladanian Tomlinson is leaving SD & would like to come home to Texas to finish his career, plug the scatback into MBIII's spot if MB isn't the chains mover they need anymore & if he the trade price is right (they might simply release him him as a May roster $-saving move, get him for free) will play for about 2/3rds of his Bolts salary. Unless he's really career done & then Dallas doesnt need a washed up RB.

Trade up in the 1st rd. to get the talent that's needed? Dallas does not have the ammunition for it. e.g, to obtain an Eric Berry it would cost picks + players & that's too much.

Trade Marcellus Bennett? Probably yesterday's news & he has no value now, why trade for him when there's a draft deep in TEs in April? Either he stops the drops next season or his career is over.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I feel like Free did a great job at LT, I specifically watched him and other then the first play which may or may not have been his fault for not helping Witten, either way Witten got blew by. But I loved what I saw from Free, he stalled out JA a few times very well, he has the feet, dude can play.

Either way he needs to be there or a RT, Columbo had his ass whipped like a chump all game, Free would of been an upgrade over him on that side easily. Free is ready to start, I hope we figure out where he needs to be, maybe Columbo just had a bad game but I'd be fine with Free taking over at LT and getting more O-line help. Sad that we were beat down up front that way as big as our line is.

I hate Roy. Enough excuses, I was the first to admit I said he's bring something to us and have no problem stating I was wrong, I wanted to see what he'd do with an off-season here etc etc, but I like how he whines for not getting the ball yet he's dropped it numerous times in crunch situations but acts like because he's tall he's got an advantage lol. Please stop talking about trading him, dude is one of the highest paid players at his position, NOBODY will take that contract on, NOBODY, I'd trade him for a 5th rounder straight up but it won't happen.

Overall I'm pissed that we couldn't make it a game and show some heart, but being that it was a royal ass kicking I expect a long off-season of over-reactions from alot of our fans about firing everyone again, Jerrah sucks, all that typical stuff we hear so often.

We got the December monkey off our back, playoff monkey as well, season finale, and the light came on for Jenkins, Spencer, and Felix is ready to take over. Were not far away, but I think we need to dedicate the off-season to protecting Romo and we aren't many pieces away.