PDA

View Full Version : WR Mico McSwain, North Alabama

D-Unit
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Not much buzz about this guy... I like his make up as a prospect, but want to know more about him. Who's got the scoop? Where will he be drafted?

prock
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
never even heard of the guy, but that may or may not be the coolest name ever.

draftcutlermiami730
01-14-2010, 01:06 PM
He used to play at Ole Miss i believe

P-L
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
He used to play at Ole Miss i believe
Yep he was at Ole Miss for two years and played RB and WR. He transfered after his brother died and he was ruled academically ineligible at Ole Miss. I haven't heard anything about him since he transferred, but he was pretty impressive in limited playing time at Ole Miss. Very good kick returner from what I remember.

RealityCheck
01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
never even heard of the guy, but that may or may not be the coolest name ever.
That is the coolest name ever.

phlysac
01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
08uJN3UZ-eg

R5Vhnq-oM0A

prock
01-14-2010, 04:12 PM
just watched the videos. this guy has got some HOPS! he seems to have good hands. he didnt look all that fast though. his turn over rate on his strides wasnt very fast, but he still outran everyone on the field. is pretty elusive. i like him a lot. i also thought whoever the hell the quarterback was had a pretty decent arm!

BaLLiN
01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
seems to have great strength and plays with heart, like him, slot reciever project, not fast but gets separation (probably because of level of competition) more quick than fast, has a good repertoire of open field moves. KR/PR/Slot

Edit:

seems like a 4.6 guy

Duffman57
01-14-2010, 04:27 PM
seems to have great strength and plays with heart, like him, slot reciever project, not fast but gets separation (probably because of level of competition) more quick than fast, has a good repertoire of open field moves. KR/PR/Slot

Edit:

seems like a 4.6 guy

I think that he'll be around a 4.5 guy, but isn't all that fast. Like you said, he seems like a very good quick twitch athlete with the ability to get separation with his burst and could be a Cribbs type return man.

BrabbitMcRabbit
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Looks a bit like Derrick Mason or maybe Davone Bess.

Duffman57
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM

He's alot bigger then Bess. He is 6'1" 210 at least if not a little heavier. I think that he could be a very good player in terms of a slot guy, but i dont see him being a #1 or #2. I see him like a guy like Early Doucet from Arizona.

Don Vito
01-14-2010, 06:09 PM
He was a stud at Ole Miss before he transferred, his last year playing at Ole Miss was my senior year of high school so I never saw him but everyone raved about him. Ole Miss went through some very tough years, so when McSwain came around they thought he was going to be our best offensive player since Deuce.

He is a terrific athlete with size and speed, he is a WR now but was nasty as a freshman RB. Not saying he is on his level but I'd liken his game to Anquan Boldin's. Could suprise someone, I've heard great things about him at North Alabama since this summer. He is a big time talent who had some bad stuff happen to him, I'm pulling for Mico.

BaLLiN
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM

neither, he's like Davone Bess's teammate #84 forget the name, but he does not have the body control of Bess, which is unworldly. Great jumping ability, great grasp of the game though

Jakey
01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
That leap near the end of the first vid, was insane! Looked like jumped about 6ft off the floor. Looks like a baller to me. Tough, quick but not super fast, nice hands...Poor mans Hines Ward even? ;)

Menardo75
01-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Edit Delete

brat316
01-15-2010, 01:49 AM
He has some amazing burst and quickness to his game. If someone could teach him to sharpen those skills and dance a little less he would be pretty damn good.

Could be an awesome return man

BuddyCHRIST
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
UNA's got alot of talent on their team, Terry Bowden took in alot of big program cast offs.

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
This year's Frantz Joseph??? haha. :D

Seriously tho... I do want him on the Cowboys if we wait till the 2nd half of the draft to address WR. I see him as a potential replacement for Roy.

brasho
01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I think he most resembles Anquan Boldin. What's concerning though is his lack of separation he got at this level and the fact that 95% of his routes were outs and WR screens.... in that he doesn't resemble Boldin who spends quite a bit of time on the inside.

richtonrebels1407
03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I went to school with mico at richton he was a few years older than I was but he played every sport from basketball, football, baseball, you name it he played it he is a all around athlete his senior year he help lead the richton rebel basketball team to a state championship that year. He his the type of guy that can play pretty much where ever you put him on the field he will work hard and do what ever its takes to get the job done