PDA

View Full Version : Vick to the Rams is getting some legs...

tfry
01-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Per Rotoworld on 1/15/2010:

Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings.

GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Related: Rams

MY VIEW:
I like the idea of signing Vick. It opens up our draft to so many other options it's not even funny. Plus, it gives us a solid backup in case we ever do draft a rookie QB. If we can hold off one more year, we will have a legit shot at Jake Locker too!

Financially, Vick will put people in the stands and bring some excitement to the Rams organization which is desperately needed.

holt_bruce81
01-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I was against signing Vick for the longest time, but I'm starting to come around. He might not be a good passer but him and Jackson in the backfield would be a heck of a combo, and it would give the Rams one more playmaker. He would help the running game out tremendously.

J-Mike88
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I can give you a perfectly unbiased opinion here, whether you like it or not:
I gotta tell you, I think that's a great fit for the Rams, to be totally honest.

Jackson is such a stud, and a RB doesn't have a long shelf-life. I think Vick is the perfect QB to bring in, because he's ready. A rookie won't help for a few years, if ever. Most likely. People wanna say Joe Flacco did it, but he went to a very good team, and he basically just was told not to screw it up.

There are a lot more Jamarcuses and Leinarts and Quinns and Alex Smiths and Dave Carrs than their are Matt Ryans.

This would solve the QB position with a proven threat, and open up more possibilities for you guys to add studs in more places in the draft.

SimonRath
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I can give you a perfectly unbiased opinion here, whether you like it or not:
I gotta tell you, I think that's a great fit for the Rams, to be totally honest.

Jackson is such a stud, and a RB doesn't have a long shelf-life. I think Vick is the perfect QB to bring in, because he's ready. A rookie won't help for a few years, if ever. Most likely. People wanna say Joe Flacco did it, but he went to a very good team, and he basically just was told not to screw it up.

There are a lot more Jamarcuses and Leinarts and Quinns and Alex Smiths and Dave Carrs than their are Matt Ryans.

This would solve the QB position with a proven threat, and open up more possibilities for you guys to add studs in more places in the draft.

Alex Smith isnt a bust just yet! i still have faith in him

NGSeiler
01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Not a fan of Vick, and it has a lot more to do with his passing ability (or lack there of) than anything regarding his off the field issues. I simply don't think he's a very good quarterback, and I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the Rams' offense.

gpngc
01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Per Rotoworld on 1/15/2010:

Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings.

GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Related: Rams

MY VIEW:
I like the idea of signing Vick. It opens up our draft to so many other options it's not even funny. Plus, it gives us a solid backup in case we ever do draft a rookie QB. If we can hold off one more year, we will have a legit shot at Jake Locker too!

Financially, Vick will put people in the stands and bring some excitement to the Rams organization which is desperately needed.

Agree with everything except the bold because it is funny.

I think I called this first about a month ago in the draft thread. I did not know that Devaney visited him in prison though- that's very interesting...

There are so many reasons this makes sense.

frubulubu
02-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Vick in blue...now thats a strange sight.

Canton45
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
the nfc west would a lot more exciting

Canton45
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
the nfc west would a lot more exciting