PDA

View Full Version : DE/OLB Brandon Sharpe

brasho
01-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Why does this guy get no love from this site or the NFL?

He isn't even listed among the top kabillion senior prospects at OLB or DE even though he was super-productive (17 sacks), able to play both sides of the DL, has a great motor, excellent quickness, and compares extremely favorably with Jerry Hughes, O'Brien Schofield, and Brandon Graham.

I don't get it. No, he won't be a 1st rounder, but his production, game speed, and motor should count for something... I don't even see him on everybody's underrated lists... that's how underrated he is.

Is there ever going to be a scouting report done on him? So far he has not been invited to the combine, no Senior Bowl either.

YotoJets007
01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I have never heard of him. I googled him up and found one from this very site.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36421

I think it may answer to your question.

brasho
01-16-2010, 01:10 PM
There were no answers to my question. Sharpe is about 6'2.5 and 250-255, he put up 17 sacks this season. He looks plenty quick off the edge, can play over the LT or RT and has no problems spinning or stunting to the inside.

I've seen where his estimated 40 is as high as 4.86 and as low as 4.72, I wouldn't be surprised if he ran high 4.6's. His exclusion makes ZERO sense. He would easily project to OLB in the 3-4 and RDE in the 4-3.

Considering this very site has a smaller guy from Stillman college that has 17 career sacks ranked in the top 25 and Sharpe doesn't even get mentioned is strange. This guy's a player and is physically no worse than Jerry Hughes.

phlysac
01-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Alot of it has to do with him rarely seeing the field behind Brandon Williams prior to this season. Williams disappointed, athletically, in pre draft workouts last season.

Lack of experience, production, and pedigree. I give him alot of credit for his production this season and putting his name in the ring because he was a virtually unknown at the start of the season.

brasho
01-16-2010, 10:02 PM
I understand him not being widely known coming into the season, he was a JUCO transfer only one season before... but you'd think with his production and play on the field that he would get a little attention.

phlysac
01-16-2010, 11:53 PM
but you'd think with his production and play on the field that he would get a little attention.

Many thought that of Phillip Hunt last season. He went undrafted and was cut in preseason.

brasho
01-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I can see a slight comparison but the difference here is that Sharpe dominated in the Big 12, while Philip Hunt feasted on the weak competition of CUSA. As a matter of fact, 6 of Hunt's 30 career sacks came against pathetic SMU.. he had 3 sacks his senior year against UAB, 14 sacks total. Hunt was smaller at 6' 7/8" 244 lbs and was only a consideration for teams running a 3-4. He was considered by ************* as the #23 overall LB http://www.*************.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33022&draftyear=2009&genpos=OLB

Sharpe has played far better competition in a finesse/passing league and been even better (14 sacks) while being a tad bigger (listed at 6'3 1/8" and 254. I'm not saying the guy should be drafted in the first 2 rounds...he just needs to be recognized before guys like Adrian Tracy of William and Mary (who's smaller, slower, and played D1-AA) but he's not.

Brans#1fan
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
First all who the Heck are you to be talkin about somebody else? I don't see your name ANYWHERE ON ESPN OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! So until we see YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! How bout you do us all a favor and just shut the heck up ok?

PACKmanN
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
First all who the Heck are you to be talkin about somebody else? I don't see your name ANYWHERE ON ESPN OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! So until we see YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! How bout you do us all a favor and just shut the heck up ok?

I was a 5 star recruit on NCAA; who the heck are you?

brasho
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM

In case you didn't know, this is a message board, stupid. Every post on here is "talkin bout somebody else".

Where do you get off questioning my or anybody else's credentials and accomplishments? ESPN is a joke and just the fact that you referenced ESPN makes me think you have no clue as to what you're talking about. If you don't want to see people talk about other people (which is what happens on a draft talk forum) then I suggest you never visit it. I'm not going to "shut the heck up" and doubt anybody else cares to abide by your baby tantrum requests either.

Prowler
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM

you are a shining example of who should not be posting on here

prock
01-22-2010, 02:43 PM

bag of douche.

Prowler
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I'M A MAN!!

SkKch-CAlgM

terribletowel39
01-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I think this is a joke. It has to be, right?? Who in their right mind would go off like this and be serious about??

ThePudge
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
C'mon, I loved that post! I think we need more people around here going off irrelevantly. I wish he'd do it again, in a random thread on a random team board. I loved the intensity, I loved the message : Who the heck are you to be talking about someone else? Just look at the tagline above "Who are you!!!". I +repped him there because it gave me a laugh and he wasn't one of those guys from Caste who was trying to stir up a whole lot racially.

Brandon Sharpe, anyway, is one of the most intriguing prospects featured in the Texas vs. the Nation game. He is a bit undervalued on this site, but I'm not sure what his NFL position will have to be. We'll learn a lot from Sharpe from his weigh-in and practices, matching up against his peers.

brasho
01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I honestly think the guy might be stalking me... My moniker, "Brasho" is an acronym of my first and last names. My first name is Brandon... and I've been called "Bran" by people in the past. And he's "Brans#1fan" so I am a little scared. The shades are drawn closed in my house, I'm more vigilant than ever, I know he's out there... watching.... waiting.

Day One Pick
01-23-2010, 09:26 AM
He's 17th among DE's here.

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/defensive-ends.html

brasho
01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
He's 17th among DE's here.

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/defensive-ends.html

Well, I guess that proves that somebody other than the NCAA and NFL Draft Scout knows he exists.

brasho
04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't know if he has seriously helped his stock, but measuring in at 6'2 and 255 plus running 4.71 and VJ of 38 won't hurt. I still like this guy and I just hope my team can get him late, he would be a bargain. He's taller and faster than Dumervil and his 15 sacks show he can produce.... who knows. I think he'll get drafted.