PDA

View Full Version : This Just In:

J-Mike88
01-16-2010, 10:43 PM
-The Ravens need to draft the best WR available.

OR they should go after Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin with everything they have. Marshall is a moddy diva, but if any team (Ray Lewis) can keep him grounded, it's the Ravens.

Boldin would be phenomenal for them.

I didn't get to see much of TO this year, but from watching the Ravens get smacked in Green Bay and today, I think TO would still be their best WR if they wanted to go that route and save the draft pick.

Which draftee would fit best in Baltimore?
Golden Tate, or Arrelius Benn? Tate might go in that area I think, Dez-B long gone.

Gilyard, Shipley, Decker?

I think the Ravens should add 1 via FA or trade, and draft 1 -or 2- good ones.

Am I over-reacting from seeing them vs Cinci, Pittsburgh, Packers, and Colts, or are those WR's really as bad as they looked in those handful of games?

bored of education
01-16-2010, 10:47 PM
The Ravens should draft A Benn IF he is there. A Benn is going to be the 2nd best WR in this class.

brasho
01-16-2010, 10:49 PM
The Ravens should draft A Benn IF he is there. A Benn is going to be the 2nd best WR in this class.

But what if Juice Williams is throwing the ball? Not that B-more has great WRs, but part of the problem is that Flacco is in year 2, they really like to run the ball and it can be hard to get into a real rhythm throwing the ball trying to run as much as they do.

J-Mike88
01-16-2010, 10:54 PM
I think Flacco is a bit overrated (at least by Ray Lewis who talks of Flacco as special). But I saw Flacco hit WR's hands a lot of times, and they just dropped the balls.

If you're a Raven fan, what would you pay to get Boldin or Marshall?
Would you sign TO or do you think he's too old?

bored of education
01-16-2010, 10:54 PM
But what if Juice Williams is throwing the ball? Not that B-more has great WRs, but part of the problem is that Flacco is in year 2, they really like to run the ball and it can be hard to get into a real rhythm throwing the ball trying to run as much as they do.

With both Todd Heap(35, 53) and Derrick Mason(80, 73) near the end of their careers, getting one stud receiver could do wonders. I added their reception totals the last two years. Also Willis is getting old. The offensive schem could be run oriented and if you saw tonight having a run game is not enough. They need a stud WR via draft of trade/FA. They can still run 60 % of the time

TACKLE
01-16-2010, 10:59 PM
If we can come out of the draft with either Gresham or Benn I will be very happy. With that being said, if Marshall or Boldin become available, I'd be more than willing to give up a 1st for either guy.

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I thought you were going to say "Cannonball"...

bored of education
01-16-2010, 11:02 PM

Scott, A Benn or D Bowe?

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Scott, A Benn or D Bowe?

You mean Benn or LaFell?

It's close, but I'll go Benn since he is more talented and offers more upside.

And that is coming from someone who is a LaFell fan.

bored of education
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Well that too. I mean prospect wise, who do.did you like more?

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Well that too. I mean prospect wise, who do.did you like more?

It's going to be pretty close. Keep in mind that Bowe went to the Senior Bowl and dominated the entire week, which really helped his stock. Benn won't have that opportunity. It's pretty safe to say that Benn will either be my #2 or #3 WR in this class though.

foozball
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Benn and then Mike Williams in the 3rd-4th

bored of education
01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
It's going to be pretty close. Keep in mind that Bowe went to the Senior Bowl and dominated the entire week, which really helped his stock. Benn won't have that opportunity. It's pretty safe to say that Benn will either be my #2 or #3 WR in this class though.

That is very true. Bowe made himself quite a bit of cash via Mobile

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:20 PM
That is very true. Bowe made himself quite a bit of cash via Mobile

The only one who stopped Dwayne Bowe that week was Dwayne Bowe.

He had some drops.

Still one of the Top 5 performances since I've been attending Mobile.

bored of education
01-16-2010, 11:22 PM

He had some drops.

Thats a good idea for a blog maybe, some of the biggest money makers in the past at the senior bowl.

TACKLE
01-16-2010, 11:23 PM

He had some drops.

You probably got to throw Sedrick Ellis in that Top 5 as well.

bored of education
01-16-2010, 11:23 PM
You probably got to throw Sedrick Ellis in that Top 5 as well.

I was just going to bring that up. He dominated.

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I was just going to bring that up. He dominated.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is right near the top.

B.J. Raji was awesome. Amobi Okoye / Adam Carriker. Manny Lawson. DeMarcus Ware.

Bengals78
01-16-2010, 11:40 PM

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/anchorman/will_ferrell/cannonball.jpg

Benn for the Ravens sounds good. No need to bring Boldin or Marshall into the division

Scott Wright
01-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I can't imagine there is much of a market for Anquan Boldin.

* Will Be 30-Years-Old Next Season

* Super Injury-Prone

* Wants a Big Contract Extension

wordofi
01-17-2010, 12:02 AM
-The Ravens need to draft the best WR available.

OR they should go after Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin with everything they have. Marshall is a moddy diva, but if any team (Ray Lewis) can keep him grounded, it's the Ravens.

Boldin would be phenomenal for them.

I didn't get to see much of TO this year, but from watching the Ravens get smacked in Green Bay and today, I think TO would still be their best WR if they wanted to go that route and save the draft pick.

Which draftee would fit best in Baltimore?
Golden Tate, or Arrelius Benn? Tate might go in that area I think, Dez-B long gone.

Gilyard, Shipley, Decker?

I think the Ravens should add 1 via FA or trade, and draft 1 -or 2- good ones.

Am I over-reacting from seeing them vs Cinci, Pittsburgh, Packers, and Colts, or are those WR's really as bad as they looked in those handful of games?

They should try and get Brandon Marshall. Anquan Boldin is too injury prone.

BuddyCHRIST
01-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Marshall would be a great fit for them, he would fit in very well with that locker room and environment. They like the cockiness and I feel like Ray Lewis could help him direct it towards a team goal. Also with some key players on the defense aging (though they seem to keep replugging) it would be worth it to get an established receiver than wait for someone to develop.

Scott Wright
01-17-2010, 12:48 AM
I agree that Marshall-to-Baltimore is a great fit. Not only does he give them the stud wideout they have been searching for but Ozzie Newsome has already shown he's willing to take a chance on a guy like that when he traded for Terrell Owens. That's right, the Ravens actually made a deal with the 49'ers for Owens but it was overturned on a contract technicality.

However, the Broncos are going to have to lower their demands significantly. No way is someone going to give up a 1st and 3rd for a guy with his issues, especially when you factor in the monster contract he wants. Other than maybe Jerry Jones that is. Sorry Cowboy fans! :)

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Who would you rate for the top five Senior Bowl performances, Scott?

Ravens1991
01-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I want Marshall, and draft another WR round 1 IDC. Our WR are the worst in the NFL.

On offense check out all the talent the Ravens have who are 25 and under

Joe Flacco
Ray Rice
LeRon McClain
Jared Gaither
Ben Grubbs
Marshall Yanda
Michael Oher

we get Marshall and hopefully Greshman the TE.

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 02:08 AM
If you get Brandon Marshall, you ain't gonna have a 1st rounder.

Duffman57
01-17-2010, 02:10 AM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/anchorman/will_ferrell/cannonball.jpg

Benn for the Ravens sounds good. No need to bring Boldin or Marshall into the division

No, please, by all means, bring Marshall into the division. haha

Ravens1991
01-17-2010, 02:12 AM
yea you are probably right. I got a little ahead of myself there.

niel89
01-17-2010, 02:15 AM
As a Ravens fan, I would KIIIILLLLL for Marshal. He is just what Flacco needs, a true #1 and a big target. I think that Marshals character issues would go away with a new contract, Ray Lewis and a big armed young QB.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, if there's anything that history has shown us, it's that when you give a problem player a lot of money, they instantly behave better.

Are you ******* serious!?!?

Scott Wright
01-17-2010, 02:43 AM
I think that Marshals character issues would go away with

a new contract
1) He got into trouble when he was a poor college kid.

As Biggie says: Mo Money = Mo Problems

Ray Lewis
2) Brian Dawkins couldn't control him.

a big armed young QB
3) He had Jay Cutler and still rocked the boat.

J-Mike88
01-17-2010, 07:30 AM
No way is someone going to give up a 1st and 3rd for a guy with his issues, especially when you factor in the monster contract he wants. Other than maybe Jerry Jones that is. Sorry Cowboy fans! :)
On that note Scott, do you think the Cowboys would trade Roy Williams for Brandon Marshall? :)

01-17-2010, 09:44 AM
On that note Scott, do you think the Cowboys would trade Roy Williams for Brandon Marshall? :)

You mean, would the Broncos do it?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't even think Marshall is that big of a diva, I think he just hates losing. So he's in the wrong city.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-17-2010, 10:06 AM
You mean, would the Broncos do it?

Roy Williams is way too much compensation. Xanders would never allow it.

GoRavens
01-17-2010, 10:25 AM
it's funny this threads here, because I woke up thinking the same exact thing.
We need Brandon Marshall!!

CC.SD
01-17-2010, 10:49 AM
1) He got into trouble when he was a poor college kid.

As Biggie says: Mo Money = Mo Problems

2) Brian Dawkins couldn't control him.

3) He had Jay Cutler and still rocked the boat.

hahaha Scowned.

Marshall seems like a good fit for Baltimore but I think in a perfect world they grab someone who is more of a deep threat to stretch the field for their running game. They are number one on my 'Step Back from Vincent Jackson, I will cut you' list.

Haven't ruled out them making a run at Malcom Floyd either, who brings a lot of the same things at a lower cost, while also investing a 1st in somebody like Benn.

Babylon
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
If they go for a tightend i think it should be McCoy or Gronkowski. Gresham looks soft to me and his hands are a question mark.

Ravens1991
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Now before this season w/ McDaniels did Marshall ever effect the locker room? I know he is a scumbag off the field but before this season did he hurt the team chemistry?

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't even think Marshall is that big of a diva, I think he just hates losing. So he's in the wrong city.

I'm sure McDaniels doesn't help either.

J-Mike88
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
it's funny this threads here, because I woke up thinking the same exact thing.
We need Brandon Marshall!!
That's what I'm her for. :)
And I am 100% unbiased.

RealityCheck
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
They should go for Gilyard if the Bengals or the Pats don't take him.

coordinator0
01-17-2010, 03:26 PM
To the OP, no you are not overreacting in the slightest. We definitely are bottom-tier in terms of WR and we've been there for a while. Scott pretty much hit on all of the points as to why Marshall might not change his attitude in Baltimore with a new contract and etc. With that said, I would like us to go for him IF the price is right. We can't be giving away a good portion of our top end picks because we have other holes to be filled before were are contenders IMO.

As for who would fit better via the draft, I would have to say Benn or Lafell would be ideal at pick 25/26. Bryant won't be there by that time (I'm doubting Benn will be too) and we definitely need a guy who can play on the outside. Since we do run the ball a lot (and with our personnel, why not?) we don't go to very many sets with a slot receiver so I would think guys like Gilyard, Shipley, and maybe Tate would be valued less for us.

Scott, do you think that Demaryius Thomas could increase his stock enough to warrant a late first round pick? He has his problems, but the guy seems to be a near perfect fit for what we need (big play threat, blocker at the receiver position, big bodied receiver).

brasho
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
ATTN: RAVENS FANS!

Why on God's green earth would the Chargers trade you one of their starting WRs? With no new CBA likely on the horizon, there is a very puny chance that these guys hit free agency... and even if they did, Jackson would likely be franchised. Contending teams don't just up and trade their best players because some other team in their conference needs a guy. It's called reality fellas... the guy that woke up thinking about Brandon Marshall should have stayed asleep like the other guys that are dreaming about Charger WRs.

Ravens1991
01-17-2010, 05:52 PM
ATTN: RAVENS FANS!

Why on God's green earth would the Chargers trade you one of their starting WRs? With no new CBA likely on the horizon, there is a very puny chance that these guys hit free agency... and even if they did, Jackson would likely be franchised. Contending teams don't just up and trade their best players because some other team in their conference needs a guy. It's called reality fellas... the guy that woke up thinking about Brandon Marshall should have stayed asleep like the other guys that are dreaming about Charger WRs.

who suggested we try to trade for a chargers wr?

coordinator0
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
who suggested we try to trade for a chargers wr?

Somebody said something about Jackson and Flloyd, but I don't think it was a Ravens fan. He's just ranting to get some attention.

I don't think it's realistic that we're going to get a big name receiver through a trade anyways (Marshall maybe). We really aren't the most active team when it comes to FA/trades, Ozzie likes to put his $$$ on the draft.

baronzeus
01-18-2010, 04:10 AM
we get Marshall and hopefully Greshman the TE.

As a Bengals fan, this is exactly what I want as well (Gresham + Marshall) and we draft before you :)