PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on draft prospects Brandon Laffell and Larry Assante

bucfan12
01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Im just curious, what is everyone's opinion on WR Brandon Laffel? I think he is the most complete WR in the draft( behind Dez Bryant of course) and I see the comparison to Sydney Rice. I think he would be a great pickup in the early 2nd round.

Also, what are your thoughts on Larry Assante? I think he is vastly underrated and will be one heck of a SS in the NFL, especially in the tampa 2 system. Bo Pelini is an excellent defensive coach and i think this kid will be a great find in the 4th-5th rounds..

Any thoughts?

RealityCheck
01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
LaFell is overrated as hell. Will go in the 2nd, but should be a late 3rd imo.

GoHuskers
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Asante is a pretty good player, and our entire defensive staff is great. However Asante was definitely the weakest of the bunch out of the 6 DB's we start. He also has a knack for getting stupid personal fouls, so I'd probably take him late 7th just based on a decent career and great coaching.

prock
01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
i feel as though lafell has good value in the mid to late second. he will be a solid player, though definitely not a number 1.