PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA Draft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SeanTaylorRIP
01-18-2010, 05:26 PM
(aka the John Wall sweepstakes)

OK never too early to start draft talk. I guess we'll start with a little game. Below are prospects who I think are very similar. Choose which one you like more and why. I'll write mine later.

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson

Larry Sanders or Jarvis Varnado

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds

Damion James or Stanley Robinson

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors

Vikes99ej
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Who should the T-Wolves get (I know like three of the people OP stated)

tjsunstein
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
The Clippers picked one of the worst years to be O.K. My John Walls dreams have been crushed.

CLong4Heisman
01-18-2010, 05:47 PM

OK never too early to start draft talk. I guess we'll start with a little game. Below are prospects who I think are very similar. Choose which one you like more and why. I'll write mine later.

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe Ed Davis has been a disappointment. He's rail thin and will be pushed around by bigger players. Monroe fits perfectly in terms of a big guy who can handle the rock and start a fast break

Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson Just a stud, he can shoot rebound and his team is ranked fifth in the nation. I know about the triple doubles by Turner but I still like WJ

Larry Sanders or Jarvis Varnado For the simple fact that Varnado has 0 offensive moves

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman Worked his ass off to lose 100 pounds and it shows by his play

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren Warren is too inconsistant for my taste.

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds Flat out baller over do it all guard

Damion James or Stanley Robinson I can't remember a Robinson point that wasnt a dunk or layup

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors Cousins is soft. As Bill Simmons would say, he doesnt know the secret.

yo123
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Monroe. Might not ever be a star but he has much less bust potential. 15/10 in the Georgetown offense is pretty sick and he would be one of the best passing big men in the league immediately.

Turner. His basketball IQ is ridiculous and is a natural scorer. Can get to the rim with ease. Definitely needs to work on his long range shooting but he has a solid mid range jumper. He's the best player in college basketball imo.

I can't really comment on this one because I have only seen Sanders play once

Pretty close in my opinion but I have to go with Pittman. I expected a little more production out of Gallon this year to be honest, something more like 16/10. Pittman has really improved his defense this year, especially shot blocking.

Warren has more star potential but Avery Bradley is going to be a stud role player at the least. His defense is sick and I love his mid range game. Warren has a tendency to play out of control and a little selfishly at times.

Before this year I would have said Vasquez but Reynolds is just beasting it this year. Although I see him more as a sparkplug off the bench in the NBA than a starter

Damion James by far. Robinson is just an athlete as far as I'm concerned. If James keeps improving his shooting he's going to be a great player. Reminds me of Shawn Marion.

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors
Favors. I don't think Cousins is a good enough athlete.

Obviously Wall if we're in a position to take him. Otherwise Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, and Evan Turner are all good options. We need a 2 or 3 badly.

El Peefs?????
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Ill take Monroe over Davis. I like Greg's game a lot, I think he is much better suited for the NBA game compared to the college. Is a lot like Rasheed Wallace imo, including his tendency to drift and not use all of his ridiculous talent. But set him up in the high post and let the man go to work.

Also Turner over Wesley Johnson. Turner is a beast, i do get to see a lot more of him than Johnson. That said, Turner just has a much better all around game than Johnson does. I will give it to Wesley that he may have more upside because of his frame & athleticism but Turner is a ball player & i just dont see how he doesnt come in and impact a team right away.

Sanders vs Varnado is another one of those production vs potential debates. I think you pretty much know what you're getting with Varnado. He should be able to alter/block shots off the bench in the NBA, but I dont see his game or frame dramatically changing very much. Sanders is just a freak, those arms are ridiculous. Hes got his own issues, like actually staying on the court. But with Sanders it seems like he should be more capable of not only blocking shots but holding up in the paint against NBA big men.

Ill go through the rest later, enough for now.

Bosanac01
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Derrick Cousins is bigger then Favors and he's a very great athlete. I'll still take Favors, he doesn't take enough shots though and Gani Lawal is overshadowing him with numbers. If Favors decides to stay for one more year he'll have a monster season.

RaiderNation
01-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Still waiting for the Kings to get a real Center. Im tired of these "unathletic" centers that can barely play D. We need a force in the paint on both sides the ball. With that we'd have a real good young team that Tyreke could lead

WMD
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Still waiting for the Kings to get a real Center. Im tired of these "unathletic" centers that can barely play D. We need a force in the paint on both sides the ball. With that we'd have a real good young team that Tyreke could lead
Spencer Hawes is a beast and you know it!

PalmerToCJ
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
As a UK fan I have a particular interest in this one. Can answer any and all questions related to UK players both on and off the court.

Wall is obviously gone, Patterson is probably gone and at this point, Cousins is gone as well. Cousins is really helping himself lately.

bored of education
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Evan Turner is awesome.

Paul
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I wish Cuban didn't hate draft picks :(

dabears10
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Haven't been paying as much attention to college basketball this year as much as years past, who is a guard that has 3pt field goal range and doesn't need to drive to score points?

fenikz
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
I wish Cuban didn't hate draft picks :(

ya i wish Kerr/Sarver would pay rookies as well, traded away Loul Deng, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, and Marcin Gortat, thats not a bad lineup by itself

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Where do you guys think Harvard superstar Jeremy Lin goes in the draft?

RaiderNation
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Hes a PF just like the rest of our big men

SimonRath
01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
ya i wish Kerr/Sarver would pay rookies as well, traded away Loul Deng, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, and Marcin Gortat, thats not a bad lineup by itself

...this makes me sad :(

fenikz
01-18-2010, 11:57 PM
...this makes me sad :(

not to mention OKC has our 1st unprotected this year, and a fast start is the only thing keeping us out of the lottery at this point

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Cousins is soft. As Bill Simmons would say, he doesnt know the secret.

Cousins... Soft? Have you watched any UK games?

He's usually getting doubled and plows his way through to score. A lot of times he's alone down low for rebounds and has no issues. You can call Cousins a lot of things but soft is not one of them.

prock
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Cousins is soft. As Bill Simmons would say, he doesnt know the secret.

i love everyone who has read this book.

prock
01-19-2010, 12:50 AM

for the love of god john wall! otherwise, for sure evan turner!

El Peefs?????
01-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Hes a PF just like the rest of our big men

Whats wrong with that?

75% of the centers in the NBA are 'PF's'. The rest are mostly absolute offensive liabilities who get minutes only to rebound. I mean are there even 5 quality, of what would be described as 'legitimate centers', in the entire NBA? I dont think there are.

MetSox17
01-19-2010, 06:56 AM

This man knows what he's saying.

Although i wouldn't mind seeing my boy Pittman in Sacramento, but we're probably gonna have too high a pick from where he's slated to go. :/

EvilNixon
01-19-2010, 07:21 AM

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe Monroe is more offensively polished,but after he put on weight after his junior year of high school,he hasn't been nearly as explosive. His ceiling is vastly overrated. Ed Davis needs to put on weight extensively as he won't be able to operate from the perimeter at all at the next level. I'll take Ed Davis for long term potential.

Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson Evan is much more complete. Wes is a shooter first and foremost,but both are extremely talented players.

Larry Sanders or Jarvis Varnado Both are raw in the post and both lack strength. I'll take Sanders long term talent over the older Varnardo.

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman Pittman by a mile. Pittman shows actual moves in the post instead of just overpowering. He's also pretty mobile and in limited minutes can give you 8and 8 in the NBA

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren-Willie has really regressed from last year,but when you have Blake Griffin acquiring all the attention,you really don't get the pressure that being the focal point of a team's offense. Avery is more talented and a more willing passer. I'll take Bradley.

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds-Vasquez is too slow,and Scottie can't run a team. I'll take Reynolds only for the potential Eddie House comparison.

Damion James or Stanley Robinson Stanley is much more athletic and his offensive game has come along so far. Stanley by a mile.

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors- I think Cousins is getting overrated a lot. He's not very fluid at all as an athlete,and his post moves are not where they should be for his athletic short comings. Derrick Favors is a Josh Smith clone. He has an NBA body right now. He has the size,strength,and athleticism to be a top NBA player. Favors.

ten characters.

Paul
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Ghetto what are your thoughts on Donatas Motiejunas? Watching some of his highlights, albeit everyone looks great in highlights, kid looks legit. Left Handed, has range, and looks pretty comfortable in the post, hopefully he isn't just another international big man who busts.

MidwayMonster31
01-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick FavorsMonroe is certainly more polished than Davis at this point, but he might also be hitting his ceiling. It's hard to ignore his skill set though. Davis might have a bigger impact in the pros. He has the work ethic, but has not yet shown that he wants the ball at the end of the game. I think Davis will be better defensively. I'm already hoping that Monroe falls to the Bulls.
Wes Johnson has a ton of upside, but at this point, his skill set hasn't really come together yet. Turner does a lot of things very well and even has the ability to take over a game.
Sanders and Varnado are defensive beasts. I think that Sanders will be able to bulk up better and possibly play center in the NBA.
This was a tough call between Pittman and Gallon. For now, I'll go with Pittman for his post moves.
Avery Bradley has the ability to take over games and shows different ways of scoring. Warren can be a solid player, but I think Bradley will be better.
Scottie Reynolds should be a solid player in the pros. Vasquez is the better passer, but I don't see him having much of a niche in the NBA.
Damion James plays great defense, he runs the floor well and attacks the basket. Robinson hasn't really proven much this season. Neither guy is much of a shooter, but I think James will stick in the league longer.
DeMarcus Cousins hasn't been nearly as impressive as experts hoped. Favors is playing much better and his skills translate better to the NBA.

Haven't been paying as much attention to college basketball this year as much as years past, who is a guard that has 3pt field goal range and doesn't need to drive to score points?I think Xavier Henry has the best 3 point shot out of these prospects. Willie Warren is also a good 3 point shooter. Scotty Hopson also might have a role as a 3 point shooter.

CLong4Heisman
01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Cousins... Soft? Have you watched any UK games?

He's usually getting doubled and plows his way through to score. A lot of times he's alone down low for rebounds and has no issues. You can call Cousins a lot of things but soft is not one of them.

He doesn't crash the boards like Patterson does. He tries to rely on his talent to get his 15 points and 9 boards. His best games have been against lower level teams and the one really good game he had (Louisville), its because the ville has only one Samuels to guard 2 low post guys.

princefielder28
01-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Do you guys buy the Wesley Johnson hype???

SeanTaylorRIP
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Do you guys buy the Wesley Johnson hype???

I do he's silky smooth. He needs to work on ballhandling but he has prototypical size and athleticism, he has amazing elevation on his shot and has a pure looking stroke. He is a bit of a boom or bust type prospect though. IMO as a prospect he reminds me exactly of Rudy ***. The skill set and natural ability is all apparent to be an NBA star but on the college level he hasn't put it all together yet and at times looks like he is just coasting and not assertive enough using his full ability. I'd bet on him being a very good pro.

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Cousins really needs to work on his post moves. That's the big thing he needs to improve on at this point. He's made huge strides in his attitude but still has a ways to go. For the next level he will need to work on his jump shot (really isn't that bad relatively speaking, he just needs to show he can hit it consistently). He's long and definitely strong.

Per minute, Cousins leads the NCAA in both points and rebounds.

I've heard talk that Eric Bledsoe could also be a lottery pick. He could use some developing here but it sounds like this draft is desperate for a PG. Saw an article where some scouts think he's the 2nd best PG (with Willie Warren being a SG).

yo123
01-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Willie Warren is also a good 3 point shooter.

He's shooting like 27% this year.

JFLO
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
What are thoughts on Marshall big man Hassan Whiteside?

nbadraft.net has him ranked #2 overall in the entire class.

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2010, 10:19 PM
From what I've heard he's just an absolute monster defensively and rebounding. Saw him listed as 7'0 with a 7'6 wingspan. From what little I've seen he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Definitely came out of nowhere it seems.

CLong4Heisman
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
From what I've heard he's just an absolute monster defensively and rebounding. Saw him listed as 7'0 with a 7'6 wingspan. From what little I've seen he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Definitely came out of nowhere it seems.

I don't know if I would draft him. Every year there seems to be a big man from a mid-major team that gets everyones attention but never seems to do much in the pros (outside of Jason Thompson)

PalmerToCJ
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Definitely agree on that (Olowakandi lol). I am always blown away with how much stock the NBA puts on just potential. Some have him #1 overall in 2011 which just seems crazy. Seems like it will be a somewhat weak class but still.

EDIT: Chad Ford of ESPN (not sure how good he is) is saying that two NBA GM's have Eric Bledsoe in their top 10 or 12. Pretty crazy. He's got potential I just think he needs another year.

TitanHope
01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Will Tyler Smith have to go overseas to play, especially now after being kicked off UT's team?

CLong4Heisman
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Definitely agree on that (Olowakandi lol). I am always blown away with how much stock the NBA puts on just potential. Some have him #1 overall in 2011 which just seems crazy. Seems like it will be a somewhat weak class but still.

EDIT: Chad Ford of ESPN (not sure how good he is) is saying that two NBA GM's have Eric Bledsoe in their top 10 or 12. Pretty crazy. He's got potential I just think he needs another year.

Bledsoe just screams Russell Westbrook to me. Not in terms of his play but how his stock just kept rising and rising even though he wasnt the "star" of the team.

El Peefs?????
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Will Tyler Smith have to go overseas to play, especially now after being kicked off UT's team?

There is definitely no way a team is drafting him. He wasnt all that highly touted as a pro prospect in the first place & was a late 2nd rounder at best, now he has felony gun charges. Not that its ever a good time to be an idiot and have a bunch of guns on you, but its an especially bad time right now for basketball players with the whole Arenas situation.

djp
02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Am I crazy, or do I see Cole Aldrich being an average NBA center at best? I just don't see the agility needed to beat NBA centers on a consistent basis. Plus, his midrange jumper is equivalent to Tim Tebow's throwing motion. Just seems like a role player to me.

on another note, I think the Wolves should trade for the No. 3 pick and get Wesley Johnson and Evan Turner assuming they get the 2nd pick like I did in the Forum Mock. I love both players. Turner looks like he'd be No. 1 in almost any other year.

fenikz
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I've felt this way for awhile, maybe he becomes a 12-10 guy but i dont think so

djp
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I've felt this way for awhile, maybe he becomes a 12-10 guy but i dont think so

I hate to be cliche and compare him to Przybilla since they're both from Minnesota and white, but Aldrich just seems like a fundamentally worse version of Przybilla.

RealityCheck
02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Here's a tough question: Who's more sure as a 1st overall pick: John Wall or Ndamukong Suh?

fenikz
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
John Wall, I see the Rams going QB

RealityCheck
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
John Wall, I see the Rams going QB
I don't know, I think all NFL teams would take Suh if they were at #1. Same with Wall. Just me though.

derza222
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Here's a tough question: Who's more sure as a 1st overall pick: John Wall or Ndamukong Suh?

Got to be Wall. Need factors so much more into NFL decision making than NBA IMO. Wall is consensus BPA this draft, teams will take him and figure everything else out later. That's part of why there's speculation about the Nets trading Devin Harris, because Wall's thought of that highly.

At the very least I think you draft Wall and trade his rights, because you just don't get the same value taking somebody else at 1 as you would taking him and entertaining a trade. It's similar to the Wolves taking Rubio and Flynn, though that wasn't thought of as highly. I just think you have to take Wall and either deal him or whoever is in his way to get the most value possible for the pick.

bored of education
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Who does Evan Turner remind you the most of as a prospect? I can't think of anyone. A better scoring jeff Green? But he does everything better than Green. Tom Chambers!

djp
02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Who does Evan Turner remind you the most of as a prospect? I can't think of anyone. A better scoring jeff Green? But he does everything better than Green. Tom Chambers!

I think most people have drifted towards Brandon Roy for him from what I have read.

prock
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
on another note, I think the Wolves should trade for the No. 3 pick and get Wesley Johnson and Evan Turner assuming they get the 2nd pick like I did in the Forum Mock. I love both players. Turner looks like he'd be No. 1 in almost any other year.

give me evan turner baby! we should trade rubio and some other chum (which is most of our team) for another top 3 pick and get a starting 2 and 3.

prock
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Got to be Wall. Need factors so much more into NFL decision making than NBA IMO. Wall is consensus BPA this draft, teams will take him and figure everything else out later. That's part of why there's speculation about the Nets trading Devin Harris, because Wall's thought of that highly.

At the very least I think you draft Wall and trade his rights, because you just don't get the same value taking somebody else at 1 as you would taking him and entertaining a trade. It's similar to the Wolves taking Rubio and Flynn, though that wasn't thought of as highly. I just think you have to take Wall and either deal him or whoever is in his way to get the most value possible for the pick.

nothing is similar to the wolves taking rubio and flynn and not trading either one, except maybe downs syndrome.

yo123
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I think most people have drifted towards Brandon Roy for him from what I have read.

Which is pretty much the perfect comparison.

Regarding Aldrich though I disagree I think he's going to be a very solid starting center. I see him being a 16/11 type guy, he's got a nice little jump hook and is a great shot blocker.

aNYtitan
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
The Clippers picked one of the worst years to be O.K. My John Walls dreams have been crushed.

My knicks decided to suck for so long that they don't even have a pick to try and get John Wall, who would be a perfect player for the D'Antoni system.

Thanks Isiah!

And **** you Marbury

derza222
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
nothing is similar to the wolves taking rubio and flynn and not trading either one, except maybe downs syndrome.

I mean I'm not a huge fan of the Downs comment personally but that aside the point was it's in the team's best interest to take a player if his value is far and away higher than anyone else's in the draft and either trade them or the pick, and Wall fits into that.

prock
02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I mean I'm not a huge fan of the Downs comment personally but that aside the point was it's in the team's best interest to take a player if his value is far and away higher than anyone else's in the draft and either trade them or the pick, and Wall fits into that.

i personally am not a very sensative person and make jokes that other think are in poor taste and dont really give a ****, but i do agree that the wolves would and should take john wall if they get the number one overall pick. trade rubio, like we should have 6 months ago, grab wall, and trade flynn. we should be able to get a lottery pick for rubio, package that extra lottery pick with a guy like flynn, and try and move up for a star 2 or 3, like evan turner or wesley johnson. but i dont trust david kahn at all.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Which is pretty much the perfect comparison.

Regarding Aldrich though I disagree I think he's going to be a very solid starting center. I see him being a 16/11 type guy, he's got a nice little jump hook and is a great shot blocker.

16/11 guy? That's a bit generous. He's never even done that in college and if I am correct Dwight Howard is the only center in the entire league who averages at least 16+11. Aldrich is a more skilled Pryzbilla although I'm not sure if he will be as good of volume rebounder as Joel is.

Everyone always is interested in prospect comparisons, here are some of mine:

Wesley Johnson-Rudy ***
Demarcus Cousins-Kendrick Perkins
Derrick Favors-Amare Stoudemire before he improved his skills
Greg Monroe-Young Rasheed Wallace, not as much range though.
Avery Bradley-Russell Westbrook
Damion James-Shawn Marion
Larry Sanders-Tyrus Thomas
Willie Warren-Mike James
Dexter Pittman-Mike Sweetney
Da'Sean Butler-James Posey
Lance Stephenson-John Salmons

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Guys,

I am trying to put together a mock and an offseason free agent acquisition thing that I am going to post on here when I am finished. However, I would like to find out the teams top needs. So I am asking for the help of the board to give me your teams needs for the 2010-2011 NBA season.

Thanks

fenikz
02-22-2010, 01:58 PM
teams draft BPA in the NBA, idk anyone who has reached for a need

SeanTaylorRIP
02-22-2010, 02:02 PM

See Shelden Williams over Brandon Roy.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
02-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Assume the same for free agents as well then?

PalmerToCJ
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey STRIP... Where has Cousins stock moved to with how he has been playing the past month?

SeanTaylorRIP
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
He's definitely a lottery pick, but IMO still a late lottery pick. Ultimately individual workouts will dictate just how high he could go and top 5 is not out of the realm if a team falls in love with him.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Being a north carolina fan, I still would want Monroe over Davis. Monroe is a little taller I think at about 6'10 6'11, both can play pretty good defense, give the edge to Davis. Monroes game is much more developed at this point but once Eddy puts on some weight and bulks up we shall see. Also, imo Monroe will come out early and Davis can refine his game if he stays all 4 years and he just seems like the type of kid that will.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Being a north carolina fan, I still would want Monroe over Davis. Monroe is a little taller I think at about 6'10 6'11, both can play pretty good defense, give the edge to Davis. Monroes game is much more developed at this point but once Eddy puts on some weight and bulks up we shall see. Also, imo Monroe will come out early and Davis can refine his game if he stays all 4 years and he just seems like the type of kid that will.

IMO Davis is way more likely to declare early and Monroe is more likely to stay 4 years in college. AI, Jeff Green, and Summers are the only players in G'Town history to not stay all 4 years. I have a strong feeling that Monroe does stay 2 more years especially since the entire team plus the recruiting class is back next year and most of the guys are back 2 years from now. Monroe could end up being one of the top 4 year big men in the college game since Tim Duncan.

yo123
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
16/11 guy? That's a bit generous. He's never even done that in college and if I am correct Dwight Howard is the only center in the entire league who averages at least 16+11. Aldrich is a more skilled Pryzbilla although I'm not sure if he will be as good of volume rebounder as Joel is.

Everyone always is interested in prospect comparisons, here are some of mine:

Wesley Johnson-Rudy ***
Demarcus Cousins-Kendrick Perkins
Derrick Favors-Amare Stoudemire before he improved his skills
Greg Monroe-Young Rasheed Wallace, not as much range though.
Avery Bradley-Russell Westbrook
Damion James-Shawn Marion
Larry Sanders-Tyrus Thomas
Willie Warren-Mike James
Dexter Pittman-Mike Sweetney
Da'Sean Butler-James Posey
Lance Stephenson-John Salmons

He's from Minnesota. I reserve the right to be a homer.

MidwayMonster31
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Aldrich should be a solid contributor to any team. I just don't see him being a superstar. I've also heard Chris Kaman as a comparison. Both players have good overall skill sets and are good defenders and rebounders. Neither one really takes over a game. Neither one is extremely athletic. Aldrich could make a few All-star teams for his career.

kwilk103
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
so, how is butler's status affected?

he was rising up the boards, but tore his acl

ebanks is meeting with huggins on tuesday about his future

i imagine he'll go through the workouts, then meet with huggins again

from a couple sites i've visited, they're all over the place with him; from 12th to the 2nd round

Vikes99ej
04-05-2010, 01:02 AM
The Ed Davis hype has really slowed down, probably because UNC sucked balls this year.

El Peefs?????
04-05-2010, 01:21 AM

Well thats simply not true. Teams draft based on need quite often. Look how many completely raw and unknown big men get drafted over good guards/forwards because most everyone needs a C.

I certainly remember *cringe* taking Darko because Tayshaun had emerged and 'Melo wasnt as necessary.

MetSox17
04-05-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't like the Kendrick Perkins comparison for DeMarcus Cousins. Perkins isn't as skilled an offensive player as Cousins is.

DeMarcus Cousins = Jermaine O'Neal

derza222
04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Well thats simply not true. Teams draft based on need quite often. Look how many completely raw and unknown big men get drafted over good guards/forwards because most everyone needs a C.

I certainly remember *cringe* taking Darko because Tayshaun had emerged and 'Melo wasnt as necessary.

Sam Bowie being taken ahead of Michael Jordan is a well known example of that as well.

I do think teams taking centers is more for the "value" that having a good center holds than anything else. Almost like taking a QB or LT higher in the NFL Draft than other positions, though obviously the comparison isn't perfect.

Generally though I agree with fenikz, the NBA draft is for the most part about BPA. There are just exceptions to every rule.

killxswitch
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't really care about basketball, but I want to point out how dumb the Pacers are for playing their way out of contention for a top pick. Hello Luke Herengody or some other white tweener.

thenewfeature06
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Does Cousins have a mid range game like Oneal had? Not quite. And to be honest I would be surprised if he developed a jumper like Oneal had.

PalmerToCJ
04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Cousins actually has a pretty decent jump shot, just didn't use it because he didn't have to. I'd say he'll develop a pretty nice mid range game. Can handle the ball surprisingly well for a big guy too. Best big man to come through Kentucky in a LONG time (Randolph Morris was really good just didn't give half the effort Cousins does).

Rob S
04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Does Cousins have a mid range game like Oneal had? Not quite. And to be honest I would be surprised if he developed a jumper like Oneal had.

It is so freaking tough to tell what guys can develop a shot tho.....it seems like it comes out of absolutely nowhere sometimes.

EvilNixon
04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't like the Kendrick Perkins comparison for DeMarcus Cousins. Perkins isn't as skilled an offensive player as Cousins is.

DeMarcus Cousins = Jermaine O'Neal

Jermaine in his prime was more athletic, and had a solid mid range shot. He looks like a stiffer Andrew Bynum.

Rob S
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Jermaine in his prime was more athletic, and had a solid mid range shot. He looks like a stiffer Andrew Bynum.

Jermaine's defense is also way ahead.....the dude was an absolutely elite defender for a really long time and is still very, very effective even though so much of his explosion has evaporated.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Cousins is actually fairly similar to Randolph Morris except with better skills and touch. Morris I still believe has NBA talent he just doesn't seem to give a crap. He's lucky he's even on a roster still.

Bosanac01
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Randolph Morris has horrible feet and he's pretty lazy. Still, you can tell he has pretty good talent. The problem is, he might never reach his potential with his work ethic.

PalmerToCJ
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Morris has a better shot in the post, Cousins knocks them down but they don't always look pretty. Cousins footwork and moves in the post got pretty nasty at the end of the year, he couldn't be stopped 1 on 1.

Morris could've been an upper tier big man with the right mindset but it will never happen, laziest player I've ever seen. It was so frustrating, we he tried he could go for 30 and 15 at UK. Zero chance he ever reaches his potential or even comes close.

EvilNixon
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Anyone here like me not sold on Greg Monroe? I really think he has a high bust sense about him. He's not very explosive, and he doesn't bang like he should. His shoulders look really narrow, and I doubt he could add the necessary 15 pounds without losing even more explosiveness. I saw him in high school before he bulked up, and he was extremely explosive. He clearly lost that when he added the weight and that still wasn't enough.

yo123
04-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I feel the exact opposite. With his skills and how polished he is he is a very solid complimentary player at the very least. I don't remember a better passing big man coming out in at least 10-15 years.

scottyboy
04-05-2010, 08:54 PM
i would ******* love greg monroe on the nets. and this coming from a rutgers homer.

sbh15
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
i would ******* love greg monroe on the nets. and this coming from a rutgers homer.

If I were a Nets fan, I'd love anyone with a pulse on the Nets.

In all seriousness, though, Bropez + Monroe would be dirty in the low post. But, first overall is too high for Monroe. Would the Nets take Wall there even having Devin Harris? Or would they go Evan Turner?

scottyboy
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
If I were a Nets fan, I'd love anyone with a pulse on the Nets.

In all seriousness, though, Bropez + Monroe would be dirty in the low post. But, first overall is too high for Monroe. Would the Nets take Wall there even having Devin Harris? Or would they go Evan Turner?

honestly, I haven't a clue in hell what we'd do. but I fully expect us to finish with the worst record...and get pick 4

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Monroe has the tools to be a great NBA big man. He should go in the 5-12 range. He's one of the top 10 passers in America right now regardless of position. He is pretty strong, has soft hands and can play defense. His post game though right now is all over his right shoulder as you'd expect so he needs to work on that. His jump shot is shaky even though he has nice form. When he takes his time he can knock even 3 pointers down. I don't think he'll ever be assertive enough to be an Allstar but as an NBA PF, I think you are looking at 15+8+4 a night which would be very solid. He's also a very high IQ basketball player and good teammate. He's not a great athlete, but is solid.

ccB
04-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Monroe reminds me of Chris Webber.

I want the Wizards to draft Evan Turner oh so bad.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Since we'll likely finish 5th-6th unless we win in the lottery doubtful we get Turner. The Wizards have sucked pretty bad in drafting so I fear who we might take. I'm a huge Favors fan and think he would fit in well with Blatche who likes to float on the perimeter. I also wouldn't mind Wes Johnson at all.

El Peefs?????
04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Monroe reminds me of Chris Webber.

I want the Wizards to draft Evan Turner oh so bad.

He reminds me of later in his career Webber. As a yougin Webber was just ultra athletic running up and down the court and dunking on anyone he could, not exactly Monroe's forte.

For the Pistons I want us to get Favors, Cousins, or Monroe. Ill cry a bit if we take a guard not named Wall or draft Motiejunas.

ccB
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Since we'll likely finish 5th-6th unless we win in the lottery doubtful we get Turner. The Wizards have sucked pretty bad in drafting so I fear who we might take. I'm a huge Favors fan and think he would fit in well with Blatche who likes to float on the perimeter. I also wouldn't mind Wes Johnson at all.

If we draft Cole Aldrich I'll jump off the Verizon Center. I'll be happy with Wall/Turner/Favors/Johnson/Aminu/Cousins.

Hopefully Ted Leonsis is in control by the time the draft rolls around. He rebuilt the Capitals and I believe he could do the same with the Wizards, he's one of the best owners in sports IMO. Hopefully the first thing he does is fire Ernie Grunfeld.

El Peefs?????
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
If we draft Cole Aldrich I'll jump off the Verizon Center. I'll be happy with Wall/Turner/Favors/Johnson/Aminu/Cousins.

You know it just seems so obvious that Aldrich's game doesnt translate well to the NBA. That he seems next in the long line of big white centers who are destined to be effort guys off the bench.

Lack of touch, athleticism/speed, lack of post moves and an overall inability to really score without an offensive rebound. That said, it seems a decent amount of people are still high on him & its likely hell still get picked around the Top 10.

MetSox17
04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
How would you compare Kevin Love coming out of UCLA to Cole Aldrich? For the most part, Love wasn't too skilled offensively (even though he did have a jumpshot with some range), and wasn't very gifted athletically either, but just seemed to have a nose for the ball. I feel Aldrich has that, with slightly better post defense. What say you?

thenewfeature06
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
How would you compare Kevin Love coming out of UCLA to Cole Aldrich? For the most part, Love wasn't too skilled offensively (even though he did have a jumpshot with some range), and wasn't very gifted athletically either, but just seemed to have a nose for the ball. I feel Aldrich has that, with slightly better post defense. What say you?

You basically said it.. I would give the edge to rebounding and post defense to Aldrich. If Aldrich had to guard out on the perimeter, Im not sure how he would fair..maybe get blown by? But offensively Love did have a jumper and had a decent post game but both prospects were and are nothing special.

El Peefs?????
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Love had a LOT better touch around the basket and offensively was definitely more developed. I think he was quite skilled offensively, he averaged nearly 20ppg as a freshman. Aldrich has been pretty much a 12ppg guy throughout his career who doesnt seem to have much any craftiness around the rim, not to mention that crazy ugly shot he features.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Alridch is stronger, taller, longer, and a better post defender. Love though was way more skilled. Crafty around the hoop, sick passer, great fundamentals, i.e boxing out, setting screens, etc. I think Love is a better pure rebounder but Aldrich can be just as successful on the boards due to his size. I compare Cole to Joel Pryzbilla.

El Peefs?????
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I compare Cole to Joel Pryzbilla.

Ding ding ding. Though I think Joel is a better pro shot blocker than Cole will end up being.

Vikes99ej
04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Let's say the Wolves somehow end up with the 4th pick. Who should they take?

JFLO
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Is Al Jefferson a solid to come back next year or is he going to be moved?

If that's the case, then I would have to assume Demarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors, right?

If Jefferson stays, then I imagine it would be Wesley Johnson.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Let's say the Wolves somehow end up with the 4th pick. Who should they take?

They should take Steph Curry....wait...****

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Guys, is Hassan Whiteside legit or more hype than substance?

JFLO
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Guys, is Hassan Whiteside legit or more hype than substance?

IMO, Whiteside is definitely more hype than substance, although his hype is straight crazy. I honestly wouldn't take him though because I just think he is way too much of a prospect to take a risk on. He'll end up being a Top 5 pick by a team who is buying too much into him, my guess Detroit.

Vikes99ej
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Is Al Jefferson a solid to come back next year or is he going to be moved?

If that's the case, then I would have to assume Demarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors, right?

If Jefferson stays, then I imagine it would be Wesley Johnson.

I'd say right now it is 70-30 or 60-40 on Jefferson staying, but I really think we should move him.

thenewfeature06
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Ed Davis will be announcing within the next couple weeks if he is going to declare, though I really believe he is coming back.

ccB
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Hassan Whiteside = Javale McGee. McGee had the same pre draft hype, some thought he could go top 5.

yo123
04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I think you guys are making Aldrich out to be worse than he is. Granted he is basically the exact same player as Pryzbilla, but that's really not that bad. I guarantee there will be players taken in the top 15 who end up being worse than Joel Pryzbilla, and I think Aldrich is pretty much guaranteed to be at least as good as him. He's not a bad athlete, he just makes it look that way because he's not graceful at all. He's a very good shotblocker and defender, and has a nice hook shot in the lane. I don't like him as much as I did at one point, but he'll be a serviceable starting center for a long time in the league.

He's by far the least sexy of the potential lottery picks, but I think he also has a pretty low bust factor. If he goes in the top 8 or so, yeah that's a terrible pick. But depending on the team, after that you could do worse.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2010, 01:48 AM
he'll be a serviceable backup center for a long time in the league.

Fixed it for you :)

But really, the NBA draft isnt about the safe pick. Teams in the lottery arent looking to hit mediocrity. Its about the potential that the player can become. Aldrich seems to be pretty close to maxed out. You're completely correct, you know what youre getting from him; a low end starting center or solid backup.

yo123
04-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Which is why I don't understand where his stock is right now. Teams usually reach for potential way before someone who can come in and produce right away but will never be a star. Not saying I disagree with it, it's just a lot different than it usually ends up being. I could definitely see his stock dropping after some of the more athletic posts do their workouts.

All this being said, I'm pretty terrified that the Wolves will draw the 4th pick, because we will inevitably end up taking him.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Ya I dont think Cousins or Monroe would be a good fit in the front court along side Jefferson. But it seems either Johnson or Turner, more likely Johnson for sure, will still be around at 4.

I also think Henry is currently a bit underrated and would be a great fit around what the Wolves have currently. Youve got low post scorers in Love/Jefferson, a slashing PG with Flynn, then more of a defensive presence with Brewer. A big time shooter who certainly has an NBA ready body & stroke for the 2 guard spot like Henry seems like a near perfect fit imo.

yo123
04-07-2010, 02:09 AM
I like Henry a lot, not enough to take him where we will be picking but maybe we trade up from one of our other first rounders to grab him.

All in all if we don't get Turner or Wall this draft will be a colossal disappointment. I don't give a damn about Flynn being here, we need to take Wall if we get the first pick. I can already tell I'm going to hate Flynn for his entire time in Minnesota if he's our starting point guard. Turns the ball over way too much, bad shot selection, and not a great distributor. He's still a rookie but taking him that early was ridiculous. He was a borderline top 15 talent, not top 6.

zachsaints52
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I haven't read some pages, but I would love to see who gets Varnardo, my boy. I think he is the Chris Anderson type player, and will make a impact on defense and rebounding.

kwilk103
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/07/lance-stephenson-to-enter-nba-draft/

lance stephenson declares

JFLO
04-07-2010, 10:16 AM

Not a big surprise, even considering he wasn't the "Born Ready" that his hype made him out to be. It was his decision to go to Cincinnati and it was a bad one. It's his decision to enter the NBA Draft and he is a 2nd rounder at best.

zachsaints52
04-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Not a big surprise, even considering he wasn't the "Born Ready" that his hype made him out to be. It was his decision to go to Cincinnati and it was a bad one. It's his decision to enter the NBA Draft and he is a 2nd rounder at best.

Whats crazy is theres alot of players who are projected 2nd round to undrafted still coming out. More then what I normally hear. I think everyone knows that this is the last major Senior led classes with great players (i.e. Vazquez and Reynolds) that from here on its one and dones.

Vikes99ej
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Whats crazy is theres alot of players who are projected 2nd round to undrafted still coming out. More then what I normally hear. I think everyone knows that this is the last major Senior led classes with great players (i.e. Vazquez and Reynolds) that from here on its one and dones.

Most college basketball players are really smart and don't care about money! Just kidding :)

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Xavier Henry is going pro.

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040710aab.html

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Evan Turner is also gone

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064218

tjsunstein
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Bring Xavier to LAC!

El Peefs?????
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM

I think at these HS all star games they need to have signs all over the place reading 'Just because you're a McDonald's All-American doesnt mean you're an NBA player'.

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-07/daytons-chris-wright-reportedly-declare-for-draft

Today sure has been a big declare day along with Avery Bradley.

thenewfeature06
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-07/daytons-chris-wright-reportedly-declare-for-draft

Today sure has been a big declare day along with Avery Bradley.

Wow. Kind of surprised.

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
The big 5 from UK are all gone!! Woohoooooooooooooooo!! For those who don't know that would be Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe & Orton. The man who dunked on LeBron aka Jordan Crawford is also testing the waters.

ccB
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Gimme Jordan Crawford with pick #30!

yo123
04-07-2010, 06:22 PM
If he lasts that long I will have lost all hope in NBA GM's.

Kramer
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
What is Wesley Johnson’s ceiling you guys think? I’m not asking for a player comparison in terms of playing style, but which NBA players ability is comparable to Wes’s potential you think?

ccB
04-07-2010, 07:37 PM
What is Wesley Johnson’s ceiling you guys think? I’m not asking for a player comparison in terms of playing style, but which NBA players ability is comparable to Wes’s potential you think?

I think Shawn Marion is the best comp.

kwilk103
04-07-2010, 07:49 PM
what about da'sean butler

i guess he wont be going in the 1st round, but will he get drafted? who does he compare to?

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Chad Ford saying Daniel Orton has a shot at top 10. Scouts saw plenty of UK practices and several have said how Orton would dominate Cousins at times.

yo123
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Ugghhhhhh. If the Wolves take Daniel Orton in the top 10 I am officially a Thunder fan.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-07-2010, 08:11 PM
If Orton stays in the draft does he go higher than Whiteside?

Has anyone ever had 4 players from the same school go top 10?

Can Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Orton go top 10? Maybe Patterson?

yo123
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Closest that I can remember is North Carolina having 4 players go in the top 14 in 2005. Felton, May, Marvin Williams, and Rashad McCants.

ccB
04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Duke may have in the late 90's but I'm too lazy to look it up.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Not really a big name, but any chance that Ryan Rossiter of Siena turns into a 2nd round pick next year?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
My friends keep saying Gordon Heyward is going pro, any truth to this?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-07-2010, 08:30 PM
My friends keep saying Gordon Heyward is going pro, any truth to this?

You would think now would be the time to go, I can't see his stock getting any higher. Hell if Patrick O'Bryant can get into the lottery with his NCAA performance, I am sure as hell Heyward can go 1st round.

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Alex Tyus is going pro.........fail.

thenewfeature06
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Closest that I can remember is North Carolina having 4 players go in the top 14 in 2005. Felton, May, Marvin Williams, and Rashad McCants.

This is embarrasing... I do love Felton and his game has most certainly progressed and I like how he is in Charlotte. May and McCants who?
Marvin is kind of on the same boat as Raymond, this year his game has been much better.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
If Orton stays in the draft does he go higher than Whiteside?

Has anyone ever had 4 players from the same school go top 10?

Can Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Orton go top 10? Maybe Patterson?

Not this year they cant. Wall & Cousins are a lock for top 10. If Bledsoe comes out he is a top 15 possibly top 10 guy. I think Patterson will end up out of the lottery, but still a solid 1st rounder. Orton isnt a 1st rounder at this point, he needs at least another year.

TitansCJftw
04-07-2010, 10:45 PM
chad ford at espn is saying all 5 cats will go in the top 20 damn

wordofi
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Not this year they cant. Wall & Cousins are a lock for top 10. If Bledsoe comes out he is a top 15 possibly top 10 guy. I think Patterson will end up out of the lottery, but still a solid 1st rounder. Orton isnt a 1st rounder at this point, he needs at least another year.

Orton and Bledsoe would be smart to go back to Kentucky for 2 more years.

sbh15
04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Horford, Noah, and Brewer all went in the top 10 I believe.

thule
04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
So if we are playing a hypothetical game. Do the Wolves have any trade ability to move Rubio. I could use some insight on that situation. Wall would sure be a weird move for minnesota but it'd be hard to argue with. I still think Turner makes the most sense...but I also am not a big fan of Flynn so far.

RaiderNation
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
IDK why but I just dont buy into all the hype of John Wall. Im not saying he isnt going to be good, but I dont see him as being a top 3 or 5 PG in the league.

I like Evan Turner alot though. He probably wont be a elite player but put him with a good post player in a few years and your team will compete

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Chad Ford saying all UK players should be gone by 20. Someone will have to fall in love with Orton, I heard the Thunder like him but plenty of potential for someone earlier to take him. Like I said, the scouts have seen him and Cousins battle several times.

Patterson also hasn't filled out his paperwork yet. Since he did last year if he does it this year he's gone. His mother has said he's still struggling with the decision. He should go 8-15 from everything I've heard.

sbh15
04-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Alex Tyus is going pro.........fail.

Super fail he ******* sucks. He should have played football.

thetedginnshow
04-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Chad Ford saying all UK players should be gone by 20. Someone will have to fall in love with Orton, I heard the Thunder like him

Well, he is from Oklahoma.

I don't see why all of the UK guys can't be lottery picks or even top ten picks though. This class is really weak.

thenewfeature06
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
AJ Ogivley or however you spell it declared today and did hire an agent.

ccB
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Well, he is from Oklahoma.

I don't see why all of the UK guys can't be lottery picks or even top ten picks though. This class is really weak.

This class isn't that weak... John Wall, and Evan Turner both have superstar potential, and high floors to go with high ceilings. Cousins could be a beast in the league if he adjusts his attitude. Then you got the guys dripping with potential in Aminu, Favors, Montejunas, Davis, and Whiteside. Then there are the solid safe bets like Wes Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Greg Monroe, and Aldrich. I think this is a pretty solid draft.

thenewfeature06
04-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Willie Warren expected to enter draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5066752

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Not surprising since Tommy Mason Griffin(dumbly) declared for the draft, and Tiny Gallon's situation up in the air after accepting money.

JFLO
04-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Oklahoma's program is going down the drain...

Supposed internal issues lead to TMG leaving while Tiny Gallon may not even play for them again. Now, (not surprisingly) Warren is heading out.

Good thing there are more sports than mens basketball i guess...

Vikes99ej
04-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I am very wary of Cousins. That maturity issue just bothers me.

Hines
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Talor Battle is going to submit his name, but hasn't decided whether or not he's going to declare yet.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
My First Mock of the Season!!!

Round 1: (Used ESPN Lottery Generator)
1) New Jersey/John Wall/PG/Kentucky
2) Washington/Evan Turner/SG/Ohio State
3) Indiana/Greg Monroe/PF/Georgetown
4) Minnesota/Al Farouq Aminu/SF/PF/Wake Forest
5) Golden State/Derrick Favors/PF/Georgia Tech
6) Sacramento/Demarcus Cousins/PF/Kentucky
7) Detroit/Hassan Whiteside/C/Marshall
8) Philadelphia/Wes Johnson/SF/Syracuse
9) LA Clippers/Damion James/SF/Texas
10) Utah/Donatas Motiejunas/SF/PF/Lithuania
11) New Orleans/James Anderson/SF/Oklahoma State
12) Milwaukee/Patrick Patterson/PF/Kentucky
13) Memphis/Larry Sanders/PF/C/Virginia Commonwealth
14) Houston/Cole Aldrich/C/Kansas
15) Miami/Xavier Henry/SG/Kansas
16) Minnesota/Gani Lawal/PF/Georgia Tech
17) Miami/Daniel Orton/C/Kentucky
18) Chicago/Jordan Crawford/SG/Xavier
19) San Antonio/Kevin Seraphin/C/PF/France
20) Portland/Stanley Robinson/SF/UCONN
21) Oklahoma City/Eric Bledsoe/PG/SG/Kentucky
22) Memphis/Craig Brackins/PF/Iowa State
23) Oklahoma City/Dexter Pittman/C/Texas
24) Boston/Ekpe Udoh/PF/Baylor
25) Atlanta/Jarvis Varnado/PF/Mississippi State
26) Minnesota/Avery Bradley/SG/Texas
27) New Jersey/Jan Vesely/SF/Czech
28) Orlando/Sherron Collins/PG/Kansas
29) Memphis/Willie Warren/SG/Oklahoma
30) Washington/Greivis Vasquez/PG/SG/Maryland

2nd Round:
31) New Jersey/Da'Sean Butler/SG/West Virginia
32) Minnesota/Devin Ebanks/SF/West Virginia
33) Golden State/Dominique Jones/SG/South Florida
34) Washington/Trevor Booker/PF/Clemson
35) Detroit/Jerome Jordan/C/Tulsa
36) Sacramento/Manny Harris/SG/Michigan
37) Milwaukee/Paul George/SF/Fresno State
38) New York/Lance Stephenson/SG/BK
39) Indiana/Luke Harangody/PF/Notre Dame
40) New York/Tiny Gallon/PF/Oak Hill
41) New Orleans/Tasmin Mitchell/SF/LSU
42) Chicago/Wayne Chism/SF/Tennessee
43) Minnesota/Raymar Morgan/SF/Michigan State
44) LA Lakers/J.P. Prince/SG/Tennessee
45) Toronto/Lazarr Hayward/SF/Marquette
46) Charlotte/Marcus Ginyard/SG/North Carolina
47) Minnesota/Arinze Onuaku/C/Syracuse
48) Milwaukee/Tommy Mason-Griffin/PG/Oklahoma
49) San Antonio/Omar Samhan/C/St. Mary's
50) Dallas/Tim Ohlbrecht/PF/Germany
51) Oklahoma City/Scottie Reynolds/PG/Villanova
52) LA Clippers/Michael Washington/PF/Arkansas
53) Charlotte/Deon Thompson/PF/North Carolina
54) Boston/Matt Bouldin/PG/Gonzaga
55) Atlanta/Andy Rautins/SG/Syracuse
56) Utah/Quincy Pondexter/SF/Washington
57) Indiana/Jon Scheyer/PG/Duke
58) Orlando/Gavin Edwards/PF/UCONN
59) LA Lakers/Sylven Landesburg/Virginia
60) Phoenix/Landon Milbourne/SF/Maryland

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
IDK why but I just dont buy into all the hype of John Wall. Im not saying he isnt going to be good, but I dont see him as being a top 3 or 5 PG in the league.

IDK how Wall will end up, but he reminds me of Steve Francis.

yo123
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Al Farouq Aminu is gonna be a gigantic bust so I hate that one, love our next four picks though.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Greg Monroe, Luke Harangody, and Jon Scheyer. If that's not a Pacers draft, I don't know what is. Monroe+Hibbert=GTOWN domination.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
IDK how Wall will end up, but he reminds me of Steve Francis.

Johnny Flynn reminds me of Steve Francis.

ccB
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
My First Mock of the Season!!!

Round 1: (Used ESPN Lottery Generator)
1) New Jersey/John Wall/PG/Kentucky
2) Washington/Evan Turner/SG/Ohio State
3) Indiana/Greg Monroe/PF/Georgetown
4) Minnesota/Al Farouq Aminu/SF/PF/Wake Forest
5) Golden State/Derrick Favors/PF/Georgia Tech
6) Sacramento/Demarcus Cousins/PF/Kentucky
7) Detroit/Hassan Whiteside/C/Marshall
8) Philadelphia/Wes Johnson/SF/Syracuse
9) LA Clippers/Damion James/SF/Texas
10) Utah/Donatas Motiejunas/SF/PF/Lithuania
11) New Orleans/James Anderson/SF/Oklahoma State
12) Milwaukee/Patrick Patterson/PF/Kentucky
13) Memphis/Larry Sanders/PF/C/Virginia Commonwealth
14) Houston/Cole Aldrich/C/Kansas
15) Miami/Xavier Henry/SG/Kansas
16) Minnesota/Gani Lawal/PF/Georgia Tech
17) Miami/Daniel Orton/C/Kentucky
18) Chicago/Jordan Crawford/SG/Xavier
19) San Antonio/Kevin Seraphin/C/PF/France
20) Portland/Stanley Robinson/SF/UCONN
21) Oklahoma City/Eric Bledsoe/PG/SG/Kentucky
22) Memphis/Craig Brackins/PF/Iowa State
23) Oklahoma City/Dexter Pittman/C/Texas
24) Boston/Ekpe Udoh/PF/Baylor
25) Atlanta/Jarvis Varnado/PF/Mississippi State
26) Minnesota/Avery Bradley/SG/Texas
27) New Jersey/Jan Vesely/SF/Czech
28) Orlando/Sherron Collins/PG/Kansas
29) Memphis/Willie Warren/SG/Oklahoma
30) Washington/Greivis Vasquez/PG/SG/Maryland

2nd Round:
31) New Jersey/Da'Sean Butler/SG/West Virginia
32) Minnesota/Devin Ebanks/SF/West Virginia
33) Golden State/Dominique Jones/SG/South Florida
34) Washington/Trevor Booker/PF/Clemson
35) Detroit/Jerome Jordan/C/Tulsa
36) Sacramento/Manny Harris/SG/Michigan
37) Milwaukee/Paul George/SF/Fresno State
38) New York/Lance Stephenson/SG/BK
39) Indiana/Luke Harangody/PF/Notre Dame
40) New York/Tiny Gallon/PF/Oak Hill
41) New Orleans/Tasmin Mitchell/SF/LSU
42) Chicago/Wayne Chism/SF/Tennessee
43) Minnesota/Raymar Morgan/SF/Michigan State
44) LA Lakers/J.P. Prince/SG/Tennessee
45) Toronto/Lazarr Hayward/SF/Marquette
46) Charlotte/Marcus Ginyard/SG/North Carolina
47) Minnesota/Arinze Onuaku/C/Syracuse
48) Milwaukee/Tommy Mason-Griffin/PG/Oklahoma
49) San Antonio/Omar Samhan/C/St. Mary's
50) Dallas/Tim Ohlbrecht/PF/Germany
51) Oklahoma City/Scottie Reynolds/PG/Villanova
52) LA Clippers/Michael Washington/PF/Arkansas
53) Charlotte/Deon Thompson/PF/North Carolina
54) Boston/Matt Bouldin/PG/Gonzaga
55) Atlanta/Andy Rautins/SG/Syracuse
56) Utah/Quincy Pondexter/SF/Washington
57) Indiana/Jon Scheyer/PG/Duke
58) Orlando/Gavin Edwards/PF/UCONN
59) LA Lakers/Sylven Landesburg/Virginia
60) Phoenix/Landon Milbourne/SF/Maryland

Yeah, I'd pretty much die of happiness if that happened. Sylven Landesburg is a player I wouldn't mind taking a chance on in the 2nd.

scottyboy
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
a foriegner and a west virginia player make me sad STRIP :(

ccB
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Vesely would be a pretty good pick at that point in the draft if it makes ya feel any better. I know the Net's don't exactly have the best luck with foreigners though.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Landesburg and Arenas would be a bad idea. He needs to land on a team with strong veteran leadership to keep him in line, i.e. Lakers. With guys like Arenas, Blatche, Nick Young etc, Landesburg would never develop or mature.

Vikes99ej
04-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I will ******* kill someone if the Wolves end up with the fourth pick.

Chucky
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM

The Wolves will trade back either way to get Cole Aldrich.

Aldrich and Love together as your starting big men(**** jefferson) would be awesome. Although I imagine Indiana would be pretty jealous

ccB
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Wizards ended up picking 5th last year after finishing with the 2nd worst record in the league.

diabsoule
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
That would be an awesome Nets draft. I'm not too wild about that Thunder draft, I would prefer Ekpe Udoh over Dexter Pittman. And finally, I really like that pick for New Orleans.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah and we got fcking Mike Miller and Randy Foye for that pick. I know we had no idea we'd suck so bad this year and implode the team, and I know the move was for financial reasons, but damn I was screaming off the rooftops before the draft that we should stay and take Stephen Curry.

ccB
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah and we got fcking Mike Miller and Randy Foye for that pick. I know we had no idea we'd suck so bad this year and implode the team, and I know the move was for financial reasons, but damn I was screaming off the rooftops before the draft that we should stay and take Stephen Curry.

Well Curry was the player we were highest on and would of been the pick if we didn't trade, sucks to think about that now.

diabsoule
04-08-2010, 03:25 PM

I thought that would have been the better move for you guys anyway and I like Randy Foye and Mike Miller. Those two would really help the Hornets out right now.

scottyboy
04-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Vesely would be a pretty good pick at that point in the draft if it makes ya feel any better. I know the Net's don't exactly have the best luck with foreigners though.

don't know much about him, but our only "success" with foreigners is Nenad Krstic.

and ewww west virginia players! that's just my bias that will never change.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Bleh on Foye. He'll be great sometimes, but most of the time he sucks. No doubt he's a gifted scorer, but he's a horrible PG with questionable shot selection. He shoots when he should pass, and passes when he should shoot. As a 6th man scorer off the bench ala Jamal Crawford though I think he would be good. Unlike Crawford though, Foye can't consistently shoot. His game is all dependent on getting inside but he can't always handle the contact. As for Miller you have got to love his heart. Good defender, good rebounder, good ballhandler, and passer. My problem with him is that every since he went to Minny he took out the best part of his game which is shooting. He so rarely shoots now and is hesitant to let it fly. I don't understand it. He thinks he's Rajon Rondo or something. When he does shoot he proves that he can still knock it down but he just doesn't. He also is one of the most injury prone guys in the league. He's tough as nails but every game at least 2 or 3 times he'll go down with something new.

El Peefs?????
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I would be utterly depressed if the draft fell like this to Detroit. Whiteside is literally the opposite of what we need. Pistons need an offensive presence at PF/C in the worst way, someone who at least poses a threat on the blocks. But with Favors/Cousins/Monroe all off the board.. well thats just a terrible situation for us. I hope we can get a pick around 5, damn this two game winning streak!

PalmerToCJ
04-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I am very wary of Cousins. That maturity issue just bothers me.

A lot of those were overblown. He has his moments where he lets his emotions take over but it's not very often. People can't get under his skin like they could early in the season.

Honestly, UK fans absolutely fell in love with Cousins, he was the 2nd most well liked player behind Patterson. If I had a favorite NBA team I would be dying for them to take Cousins.

Kramer
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
You got Monroe way too high and Cousins a little too low. I like the Jazz pick though, I wouldn’t lose sleep on missing out on Motiejunas since we have Gallo.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
You got Monroe way too high and Cousins a little too low. I like the Jazz pick though, I wouldn’t lose sleep on missing out on Motiejunas since we have Gallo.

Would Larry Bird take Cousins at 3? heck no. Especially with Roy Hibbert already. Would the Twolves with Love and Jefferson take Cousins at 4, probably not. Would the run and gun Warriors and Don Nelson take Cousins at 5, hell naw. I think in this situation 6 is the right place for him and about as early as he would go.

dabears10
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Would love Jordan Crawford on the bulls. There is no one after that pick which would really fill the 2 guard spot that I would want.

kwilk103
04-08-2010, 06:39 PM

and butler has to go to the crappy nets :(

he had his surgery today; done by dr. james andrews

Kramer
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Would Larry Bird take Cousins at 3? heck no. Especially with Roy Hibbert already. Would the Twolves with Love and Jefferson take Cousins at 4, probably not. Would the run and gun Warriors and Don Nelson take Cousins at 5, hell naw. I think in this situation 6 is the right place for him and about as early as he would go.

Good points, but NBA GM’s usually always go BPA, and they would most likely look to trade him after taking him if they are disinterested rather then reaching on the player of their choice.

This is a lol though.

Per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports

Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins has hired an agent who’s delivering a bold message to the NBA: The No. 1 pick in the draft could come out of Kentucky, but it won’t necessarily be point guard John Wall.

“There are teams that have done their homework on DeMarcus, and if the lottery ball bounces right, he could be the No. 1 pick in the draft,” agent John Greig told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

It’s clear that Greig’s first job is to try and sway public and league opinion that Cousins, a first-team All-America as a freshman, brings no serious character or attitude problems into the NBA.

“When teams, the media and fans wait and hear the real story about DeMarcus, they’ll all understand,” Greig said. “He’s a great kid. Sure, he needs to mature, but NBA teams who do their proper homework are teams seeing this kid as an equal for the No. 1 pick with Wall or [Ohio State’s Evan] Turner.”

SeanTaylorRIP
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Personally I don't think Cousins is even #1 overall talent. Just looking at potential I'd still take Favors over him any day, but that's just me.

RaiderNation
04-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Would the Nets really take Wall with Harris as 27 year old PG in his prime?

sbh15
04-08-2010, 07:53 PM

I think you have to. Plus I'm pretty sure it would help with LeBron, he loves Wall.

thenewfeature06
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Who knows. Personally, Harris is good enough/better than your average all star type player if they DO get the first, give me Turner.

Creek
04-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Yes, and Harris will be traded this offseason if the Nets get the #1 pick.

yo123
04-09-2010, 02:24 AM
If the Nets use Devin Harris as their reasoning for not drafting John Wall they deserve to go 0-82 for the next 10 years. Just saying.

thetedginnshow
04-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I really hope Wall goes to the Nets and LeBron doesn't.

Any second round people you guys like? I'm a fan of Trevor Booker and I've always like Matt Bouldin.

thetedginnshow
04-09-2010, 04:06 AM
This class isn't that weak... John Wall, and Evan Turner both have superstar potential, and high floors to go with high ceilings. Cousins could be a beast in the league if he adjusts his attitude. Then you got the guys dripping with potential in Aminu, Favors, Montejunas, Davis, and Whiteside. Then there are the solid safe bets like Wes Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Greg Monroe, and Aldrich. I think this is a pretty solid draft.

Sorry to go way back. I forgot I posted here.

But anyway, I guess I'm just not that big of a fan of those guys as you are. I'm actually pretty sure I don't like any of the guys you mentioned outside of Wall and Turner. And I don't know. I've seen a lot of Turner and he never struck me as a superstar type of dude, but we'll see. But yeah. Mostly out of all this class what I see is a ton of wasted potential due to people not staying in college long enough.

EvilNixon
04-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Craig Brackins is a guy I really like. Would've probably been a late lotto pick had he come out last year, but this class is really deep. He's a pretty good offensive player, but lacks the weight to play the 4 full time. He's a tweener that can score and rebound, and I think he'd be a steal in the 2nd.

scottyboy
04-09-2010, 09:29 AM

i dont see how we could pass on him. I'd want us to try Harris at SG...because I love Harris. we'll see. I fully expect us to not get the #1 overall pick too because that would just be so...well...nets like.

MidwayMonster31
04-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Can Harris shoot well enough to be a 2?
If it was me, I would trade Harris for wing players.

Creek
04-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Can Harris shoot well enough to be a 2?
If it was me, I would trade Harris for wing players.

Yeah, I can't see them playing Harris at the 2. I was reading where Magic Johnson was asked if he thought Wall & Harris could play together and he said no. Both guys need to run the show... If the Nets get #1, Harris is as good as gone.

thenewfeature06
04-09-2010, 03:39 PM
NBA 2010 Draft

With the lottery picks I may have done it the right way OR the wrong way but still pretty easy and typical expectations for high picks. In a hat, there are papers with teams on them. Starting at 11 with New Jersey… having 11 pieces of paper with NJ on it, going down from how I expect the seasons to end for these teams…… Minnesota with 10 pieces, GS with 9 and so on

1. Clippers - Evan Turner
2. Toronto - John Wall
3. Washington - Wesley Johnson
4. Minnesota - Derrick Favors
5. Sacramento - Demarcus Cousins
6. Philly - Greg Monroe
7. Detroit - Donatas Motiejunas
8. New Jersey - Patrick Patterson
9. Utah - Al-Farouq Aminu
10. Golden State - Cole Aldrich
11. Houston - Ekpe Udoh
12. Indiana - Jan Vesely
13. New Orleans - Hassan Whiteside
14. Memphis - Gani Lawal

Playoffs team will come later.

iBoldin
04-09-2010, 03:40 PM
NBA 2010 Draft

With the lottery picks I may have done it the right way OR the wrong way but still pretty easy and typical expectations for high picks. In a hat, there are papers with teams on them. Starting at 11 with New Jersey… having 11 pieces of paper with NJ on it, going down from how I expect the seasons to end for these teams…… Minnesota with 10 pieces, GS with 9 and so on

2. Toronto - John Wall
6. Philly - Greg Monroe
11. Houston - Ekpe Udoh
12. Indiana - Jan Vesely
14. Memphis - Gani Lawal

Yeah you did it wrong. I believe teams like Toronto should have 11 pieces. Higher chance you get to pick that team out of the hat, the better they should be. You should've put the Nets down just once.

thenewfeature06
04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
O well take it for what it is worth.

RaiderNation
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
O well take it for what it is worth.

http://www.realgm.com/src_lottosim.php

Use that

prock
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
NBA 2010 Draft

2. Toronto - John Wall
6. Philly - Greg Monroe
11. Houston - Ekpe Udoh
12. Indiana - Jan Vesely
14. Memphis - Gani Lawal

If the Wolves get the 4th pick, I will punch a ******* baby.

djp
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
If the Wolves get the 4th pick, I will punch a ******* baby.

That's just cruel and unusual punishment for Wolves fans. 4th pick after this season is just wrong.

prock
04-09-2010, 05:07 PM
That's just cruel and unusual punishment for Wolves fans. 4th pick after this season is just wrong.

And I want 1 dollar tickets next year! But if we don't get a top pick, the ping pong balls are a conspiracy. Weighted. The CIA hates the Wolves for some reason.

thenewfeature06
04-10-2010, 03:48 PM

This years draft kind of blows and yeah if you are not picking in the 1-5 range anything is a reach.

scottyboy
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM

the nets at 8... yea...words can't describe it.

I LOVE Devin Harris though. I think he could run the 2 easily, but how he and Wall would mesh is...questionable. But damn I'd hate to see Harris go

PalmerToCJ
04-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Wall would be willing mesh with another PG, just depends on how the other PG felt about it. I'm sure they wouldn't be huge fans at first to have a rookie take their spot.

kwilk103
04-12-2010, 12:50 AM
ebanks declares but wont sign with an agent

WMD
04-12-2010, 04:49 AM
I think there's only 5 players that I want the Pistons to end up with: Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, or Monroe.

Detroit would explode if we drafted Donatas Motiejunas

scottyboy
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Wes Johnson declares. one of my favorite prospects in this draft by far.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2010/04/syracuses_wesley_johnson_decla.html

EvilNixon
04-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Wall would be willing mesh with another PG, just depends on how the other PG felt about it. I'm sure they wouldn't be huge fans at first to have a rookie take their spot.

Neither guy can play off the ball. They just won't mesh.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
If you are going to have John Wall play off ball you are better off drafting Evan Turner instead.

PalmerToCJ
04-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Neither guy can play off the ball. They just won't mesh.

I'm talking from a chemistry standpoint, I don't know enough about NBA PG's to know their strengths.

scottyboy
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
if the nets drafted Wall, Harris would be the one playing off ball, not Wall.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2010, 01:56 PM
if the nets drafted Wall, Harris would be the one playing off ball, not Wall.

Doesn't matter you still have to move Harris some how. Having Harris off ball is so inefficient offensively and defensively.

scottyboy
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Doesn't matter you still have to move Harris some how. Having Harris off ball is so inefficient offensively and defensively.

BUT I LOVE DEVIN HARRIS!

and I've grown wary of trusting the Nets' trades of late

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Knowing the Nets they'll end up giving him to the Lakers or Cavs or something for nothing.

scottyboy
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Knowing the Nets they'll end up giving him to the Lakers or Cavs or something for nothing.

noo! that'd be awful. If we deal him, we'd need a SF or PF in return. a good one too. I'd love to deal him for a nice PF, sign Rudy Cool and go with a lineup of: Wall-Lee-Cool-Newly acquired PF-Bropez.

that'd work for me. the biggest thing will be who we sign. we need SOME kind of stud. please, please, please

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll give you Blatche, Mcgee, and Nick Young for him.

wingboy2999
04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I HATE the Pistons for semi getting their ish together and winning 3 of 4 this late in the season.

What idiots.

I am NOT looking forward to Al-Farouq Aminu.

WMD
04-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I HATE the Pistons for semi getting their ish together and winning 3 of 4 this late in the season.

What idiots.

I am NOT looking forward to Al-Farouq Aminu.

Or Donatas.. or Cole Aldrich.

sweetness34
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Ed Davis enters the NBA Draft.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/7405119/

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Ed Davis enters the NBA Draft.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/7405119/

Huge Boom or bust prospect. Could end up being a steal for someone as I can easily see him falling into the 18-25 range.

Don Vito
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Ole Miss G Terrico White declared.

sbh15
04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
noo! that'd be awful. If we deal him, we'd need a SF or PF in return. a good one too. I'd love to deal him for a nice PF, sign Rudy Cool and go with a lineup of: Wall-Lee-Cool-Newly acquired PF-Bropez.

that'd work for me. the biggest thing will be who we sign. we need SOME kind of stud. please, please, please

Bosh would make that one hell of a lineup. Or trading for a PF and getting Bron/Wade.

wingboy2999
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Or Donatas.. or Cole Aldrich.

I'd rather one of them because we already have 5 billion SFs.

gpngc
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Ole Miss G Terrico White declared.

What kind of year did he have? He got some hype in the preseason. Is he a true PG or a wing player?

Kramer
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Maybe a sign and trade David Lee for Devin Harris? Last year I would be all for it but I don’t know if investing that much money into Harris is the right thing for this team right now.

MidwayMonster31
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
This is brutal crop of point guards outside of Wall. I think the Pistons should draft a big man, then try to make a trade for a veteran point guard, using an expiring.

CC.SD
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Don't worry about moving Harris, Scotty, the Nets only have a 25% chance at Wall anyway right? The lottery is a crazzzzy system.

EvilNixon
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm talking from a chemistry standpoint, I don't know enough about NBA PG's to know their strengths.

Chemistry wise, they still wouldn't mesh. Both guys need to dominate the ball. Neither has a consistent jumper or the ability to work off screens without the ball in their hands. They could probably win a few games running and gunning, but they wouldn't be contenders.

scottyboy
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about moving Harris, Scotty, the Nets only have a 25% chance at Wall anyway right? The lottery is a crazzzzy system.

oh, I know. We'll probably get 4. I wouldn't be surprised. The possibilites are Wall, Turner...and idk, I'd take Monroe or Johnson, I honestly would. at 3 or 4. I do like Favors too. We need a wing and a PF, and this draft has plenty of them. Question, for those who know a lot about Turner, can he be a SF at the next level?

kwilk103
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
ebanks will hire an agent

wingboy2999
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
This is brutal crop of point guards outside of Wall. I think the Pistons should draft a big man, then try to make a trade for a veteran point guard, using an expiring.

I don't know if they've necessarily given up on Stuckey at the 1. And trading Rip or Tay won't net us that good of a PG. None that come to mind at least.

But yes, I'm for drafting a big man. Preferably we somehow get in a position to get Favors.

PalmerToCJ
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
What kind of year did he have? He got some hype in the preseason. Is he a true PG or a wing player?

He's definitely more of a SG, I don't see him as being much of a PG. Much better at scoring than distributing, isn't the best ball handler. I was a little bit confused when I saw him listed at PG. Sure, he could develop but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. With that said, he can still score. I expected him to blow up this season because he was great as a freshman, came out of nowhere.

Lot of potential but I'm down on him after the year he had.

D-Unit
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
The NBA Draft sucks. If you are a fan of a good team, it's so lame.

NFL is so much better it ain't funny.

wingboy2999
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM

And if you're a fan of a crappy team, it is awesome.

The impact of players at the bottom of the draft in the NFL > NBA
The impact of players at the top of the draft in the NBA > NFL

Obviously there are some exceptions in either cases but it is easier for a LeBron to turn around a team then a Stafford.

Kramer
04-12-2010, 08:57 PM

I have an excuse to say the same also because I’m a Knicks fan and we trade all of our draft picks. Idk this year I haven’t focused that much attention to the NFL draft, my team usually picks low every year though but stocks up picks. Its much easier to follow the NBA draft though.

Don Vito
04-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Probably better off as a SG but he can handle, he goes about 6-5 210 and is a crazy athlete who can shoot and finish. Great talent and by far the best player on our team, the only thing is he was asked to do a lot since we had no inside game. He could be a starter, was SEC freshman of the year last year and was great this year.

PalmerToCJ
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Probably better off as a SG but he can handle, he goes about 6-5 210 and is a crazy athlete who can shoot and finish. Great talent and by far the best player on our team, the only thing is he was asked to do a lot since we had no inside game. He could be a starter, was SEC freshman of the year last year and was great this year.

Definitely agree with this, I just really don't see him as a PG at all.

I stayed in the same hotel at the SEC tournament as the Ole Miss team lol, that was interesting.

yo123
04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
oh, I know. We'll probably get 4. I wouldn't be surprised. The possibilites are Wall, Turner...and idk, I'd take Monroe or Johnson, I honestly would. at 3 or 4. I do like Favors too. We need a wing and a PF, and this draft has plenty of them. Question, for those who know a lot about Turner, can he be a SF at the next level?

Not only can he be a SF, that's his ideal position.

WMD
04-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Dammit. I just noticed, if we hadn't won 3 of 4 in the past week.. the Pistons would pretty much have the #3 pick locked up. Now we're in the #6/#7 spot. Figures.

Last game is against Minnesota. GO MINNY!

wingboy2999
04-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Dammit. I just noticed, if we hadn't won 3 of 4 in the past week.. the Pistons would pretty much have the #3 pick locked up. Now we're in the #6/#7 spot. Figures.

Last game is against Minnesota. GO MINNY!

How did you just notice that? We took a huge tumble.

What idiots.

DiG
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
BIG games for the Wizards and Warriors tonight. Both need to lose to have a shot at getting the 3rd worst record lottery odds. If the Wizards are dumb enough to win their lottery odds could jump from 3-5 all the way to 6-8 which is a huge dropoff in % chances.

RaiderNation
04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
If the Kings get the #1 pick and John Wall..... I will be happy

El Peefs?????
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Lets go TWolves, we gotta tank this one to the maximum!

yo123
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Either way we're gonna have the second worst record, so I suppose we can win this one. You're just going to have to really, really suck.

I don't even understand how you lose 28 out of your last 30 games. Have the Nets even done that this year?

El Peefs?????
04-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Either way we're gonna have the second worst record, so I suppose we can win this one. You're just going to have to really, really suck.

This is a task that we excel at, I want Summers/Daye & the key Kwame Brown playing 40 minutes tonight.

WMD
04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
So the Pistons went from possibly being #3 a week ago to being #6 or #7 now.. Thanks Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva!

Chucky
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
:(

So I guess I am relegated to this thread

When is the lottery

scottyboy
04-14-2010, 10:55 PM
shut up chucky, we get it your didn't make the playoffs. you can't *****. you're talking to fans of team who didn't win 20 games and have been looking forward to this offseason for 2 years. you have no room to *****!

RufusMcDaniel
04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
shut up chucky, we get it your didn't make the playoffs. you can't *****. you're talking to fans of team who didn't win 20 games and have been looking forward to this offseason for 2 years. you have no room to *****!

Chucky likes the Leafs, Bucs and Raptors, correct? He can ***** all he wants.

scottyboy
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Chucky likes the Leafs, Bucs and Raptors, correct? He can ***** all he wants.

he's from canada, that's his own damn fault.

and he bitches too much as it is, righty chucky?

Chucky
04-14-2010, 11:15 PM
he's from canada, that's his own damn fault.

and he bitches too much as it is, righty chucky?

I really don't ***** too much about my teams tbh. At least im not surrounded by these people.

http://mealsfromthegirlinthelittleblackdress.files.wordpr ess.com/2009/05/guidos_small.jpg

(also...what day is the lottery_

scottyboy
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
chucky, don't make me IRC fight you, i'm too tired

WMD
04-15-2010, 02:54 AM
So going into the games today the Pistons needed three things to happen. We needed the Wizards to win, the Warriors to win, and we needed to LOSE to the Wolves..

Two of the three happened. For some reason, the Pistons decided to overcome a 16 point deficit, sparked by Charlie Villanueva's 13 points in the 4th Quarter.

The TWolves also only played Kevin Love for 17 minutes tonight. I demand an explanation as to why this happened. If he would've played 35, my Pistons would have the #3, 4, or 5 pick.

We're in the worst situation out of everyone in the NBA. Horrible contracts to average veteran players who aren't good enough to get us in the Playoffs, but aren't bad enough to get us a Top 5 pick. Just check out these remaining contracts, starting next year..

Rip: $12,650,000 - $12,650,000 - $12,650,000
Maxiell: $5,000,000 - $5,000,000 - $5,000,000 (Player Option)
Villanueva: $7,020,000 - $7,540,000 - $8,060,000 - $8,580,000 (Player Option)
Gordon:$10,800,000 - $11,600,000 - $12,400,000 - $13,200,000 (Player Option)

Can I just get frozen and someone can thaw me out in 2015 or so?

djp
04-15-2010, 03:29 AM
Why am I 100% certain we'll end up with the 6th pick?

DiG
04-15-2010, 07:39 AM
stupid freaking wizards winning by a point...now sacramento gets the 3rd best lottery odds and the wiz get either 4 or 5 depending on tie breaker. the freaking pacers had 4 shots in 1 minute and 15 seconds to win and missed all of them...

DHVF
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Why am I 100% certain we'll end up with the 6th pick?
Haha I'm not sure as the lowest we can drop is to #5. But you need not worry, we'll drop to pick 3 and draft another 'cuse standout... :(

Chucky
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Haha I'm not sure as the lowest we can drop is to #5. But you need not worry, we'll drop to pick 3 and draft another 'cuse standout... :(

Pick 3 would be perfect for you guys. You could take someone like Favors and try to trade Kevin Love for a SG, someone like OJ Mayo would be perfect.

;)