PDA

View Full Version : Seymour "I would like to re-sign out in Oakland"

RaiderNation
01-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Then, for the first time this season, Seymour outwardly stated his desire to stay in Silver & Black: “I would like to re-sign out in Oakland, because I think its always, when you can be a foundation piece and help turn an organization around, I think that’s a challenge for me.”
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/2719.html

Very good news. Give him a 4 year deal and build around him. We should switch to a 3-4...

NIN1984
01-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Former Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour is on WEEI Radio right now (http://www.weei.com/shows/dale-holley/home), talking all about his ex-team and his current team. And it’s pretty interesting, as Seymour is calling his Raiders team as talented a group as he’s played with and discussing his future.
As a free agent, would he like to come back to Oakland? Seymour’s (left, from AP) answer may surprise you.
“I would love to re-sign out in Oakland,” Seymour told the Dale & Holley Show (http://www.weei.com/shows/dale-holley/home). “When you can be the foundation piece and help turn the organization around, that’s a challenge for me. That’s something where I’m willing to take on that responsibility and challenge of helping bring in some good guys and make a difference. I really enjoy putting on the silver and black. You talk to other guys around the league and they all say, ‘Man, y’all’s uniforms, that mystique, being part of a hard-hitting defense… That’s something I really enjoy. Will it happen? I don’t know. But if they came to a deal and said, ‘You’ll be a foundation piece,’ I don’t have a problem with signing back in Oakland.”

Wow.

NIN1984
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
dude i think we posted this at the same time, lol.

NIN1984
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Just last week i heard so many reports he didn't want to stay in Oakland, so hearing him actually say he wants to stay in Oakland is refreshing. I would like to see him move to DT though.

01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Great! Next up, draft Griffen and move Seymour inside, then we will have a near complete defensive line to build around for the future. I'd still like to fill the NT position, though our options appear slim.

RaiderNation
01-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Lol that was so wierd lol I posted it then 3 secs you do lol.

Ya I was really mad about the reports I heard after the season was done but hearing straight from him that he wants to stay is great. Give the man his money, cut Russell and move on...

EvilNixon
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Great to hear. Maybe Shaugnessy will learn some technique,which will be extremely beneficial for the future.

01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Great to hear. Maybe Shaugnessy will learn some technique,which will be extremely beneficial for the future.

I thought technique was one of his strengths for the most part, and there's still tons of room for improvement. Adding strength and muscle mass - while maintaining that speed edge over tackles - will be the biggest issue he'll have to overcome if he one day wants to reach double-digit sack figures.

EvilNixon
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
I thought technique was one of his strengths for the most part, and there's still tons of room for improvement. Adding strength and muscle mass - while maintaining that speed edge over tackles - will be the biggest issue he'll have to overcome if he one day wants to reach double-digit sack figures.

He looks really raw out there to me. No pass rush moves to speak of. Just getting to the QB with raw physical tools will not work consistently.

01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
He looks really raw out there to me. No pass rush moves to speak of. Just getting to the QB with raw physical tools will not work consistently.

I would agree. I was speaking more of his sufficient hand use and the fact he maintains a good pad level on most of his snaps. He could certainly be more powerful to follow up his quick first step, as well as developing a pass rush repertoire.

EvilNixon
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I would agree. I was speaking more of his sufficient hand use and the fact he maintains a good pad level on most of his snaps. He could certainly be more powerful to follow up his quick first step, as well as developing a pass rush repertoire.

Yea his hands are a strong point,but he gets a bit too low on passing downs and shows his chest,which coupled with his lack of size and strength really makes him blockable.

Stash
01-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Glad to hear he actually wants to stay. He must be high or something but I'm not complaining lol.

zachsaints52
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear he actually wants to stay. He must be high or something but I'm not complaining lol.

Its awesome he wants to help turn aroudn the franchise. I dont think your that far away from competeing anyways. You got some building blocks on each side that could potientally make you a very dangerous team.

frubulubu
01-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Franchise Seymour, and trade him to Philly for McNabb.

RaiderNation
01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Im really excited to see how Waufle can use Seymour. Probably in the same role as Justin Tuck

zachsaints52
01-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Franchise Seymour, and trade him to Philly for McNabb.

I hope your joking. Not only is it not realistic, your trying to kill McNabb.