PDA

View Full Version : Raiders to Interview...

RaiderNation
01-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Ravens QB Coach Hue Jackson
Raiders | Receive permission to interview H. Jackson
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:52:09 -0800

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Oakland Raiders have received permission to interview Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson for an unspecified position.

AND

According to Jason LaConfora's Twitter account.

"Former Giants DL coach Mike Waufle in Oakland this week to interview for that position with the Raiders."

Waufle was the DL Coach in Oakland from 98-03 and then migrated to NY in 03 until he was fired this year.

Thoughts?

RaiderNation
01-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Hue Jackson made Joe Flacco into one of the best young QB's in the game

Waufle did good with us and great with the Giants. Would love to have him with Seymour

EvilNixon
01-20-2010, 06:35 AM
If he comes on as a Offensive coordinator and takes the playcalling from Cable,that'd be great.

01-20-2010, 09:33 AM
If Jackson came over I'd hope it'd be for the same position, so developing JaMarcus would be the one and ONLY focus. That said, Cable has to be stripped of his play calling duties somehow.

Waufle would be a great hire. Al, in particular, enjoys bringing back who he originally considers to be 'his personnel' after major success elsewhere; this would be no different.

Komp
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Waufle certainly knows how to get the most out of his players, as both our DL and the Giants DL were at/near the top of the league during his tenures

SwagU
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I would love to hire both from a fan's perspective because they are certainly great coache's and have helped there teams tremendously. Jackson worked with Flacco and made him a great game manger which is what we need for our offense. If Russell could just sit his ass down and learn the game from a coach like Jackson we would see improvement. Waufle would also help a DL full of potential reach its peak.

Only prob with the hireings is the same as in Raiders past, which is that Al is the one that hires these coaches and our head coach really doesen't have much say in who becomes part of his staff. Al should really give up a bit of control, because like this our coaches have a hard time establishing chemistry.

RaiderNation
01-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Hue Jackson has confirmed that he is being interviewed by us to be our offensive cordinator.
Hue Jackson is being interviewed for the position of offensive coordinator for the Oakland Raiders, a source close to Jackson confirmed with Comcast SportsNet's Kate Longworth
http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/21/10/Hue-Jackson-Considered-for-Raiders-OC-im/landing.html?blockID=167115&feedID=2539

Paranoidmoonduck
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I would completely support both hires.

coordinator0
01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I like Hue Jackson, but I think that you guys are misconceiving what his role in Baltimore is/was. Cam Cameron was the guy in Flacco's ear, much like he was in SD with Rivers. Now Hue did play some part in Joe's progression, but he's not the main reason for it.

NIN1984
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Cable and Mike Waufle coached together at Cal for 6 years. maybe this is a hire by Cable? take it for what its worth.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
The Raiders have predictably denied multiple reports that Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson was interviewing for the Raiders head coaching job.

"I would vociferously deny that any head coaching interviews are taking place while [Al Davis] is still meeting with Tom Cable," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said.

Both reports about Jackson came from Baltimore, so it's not a stretch to say that people close to Jackson believe he's got a chance for the top job. The Raiders say Jackson was just meeting for the offensive coordinator job.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi said that Jackson's meeting was more "exploratory" and that Cable was set to meet with Davis again Friday.

I'm guarantee you that Herrera pulled out the thesaurus for that one.