PDA

View Full Version : [Post Your Ravens Mocks]

GoRavens
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
*Considering we don't get Malcolm Floyd, or Kevin Walter, What's your ideal Ravens mock..

1/21/09 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft

+ Round 1, WR, Damian Williams, USC
- Although I'm the biggest fan of Tate coming to Baltimore, I think he'll be gone by the time we get on the board.. Damian Williams is just as good, if not better, runs better routes, and would be the future #1 target for Flacco.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slides/photos/000/117/683/91158740.jpg.4497.0_display_image.jpg

+ Round 2, DE, Corey Wootton, Northwestern
- Big, and nasty. (think Chris Canty).. He'd be a future stud on a Baltimore D-Line that's getting older.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/football/nfl/09/03/defensive.prospects/corey-wootton.jpg

+ Round 3, CB, Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
- If Lindley falls to the 3rd, it'd be a huge steal. Great cover corner, that'll help improve a shaky, inconsistent secondary.
http://blog.al.com/keepingscore/2009/07/medium_Trevard_Lindley.jpg
Round 4, TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami
- Huge, 6'8, redzone ANIMAL. Former basketball player that will need to be coached into huge playmaker.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-tPInbVUH6g/Stzq-Wqel1I/AAAAAAAAA80/HhEVQscy-so/s400/TDCblog102209.jpg
Round 5, FS, Van Eskridge, ECU
- Possibly Ed Reeds replacement. Fiery, playmaker, thats good at everything. (Special teams Ace)
http://www.techsideline.com/football/2009/pics/ecu_eskridge2009_01_small.jpg
Round 6, WR, Chris McGaha, Arizona State
- Great hands, quick routes, great possession receiver. Baltimore needs help at receiver at McGaha, and Williams would be 2 different, and special targets.
http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/D/9/7/e298/j350/PHP4898F77A6179D.jpg
Round 7, C, Eric Olsen, Notre Dame
- My boy outta Notre Dame!! Great leader, and intense drive blocker. Since center will soon be a need once Birk retires, he's a great last pick with a lot of potential.
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/EricOlsen-vs-Michigan.jpg

lordquas
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
perfect!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
01-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Personally Im not a fan of Damian Williams or Chris McGaha at all, but that said your other picks are pretty fantastic. If we can get Lindley in rd 3 thats excellent, and Graham as the future TE here would be perfection. Olsen is a nasty C and would be a great depth guy until he steals Birks job. Corey Wootton is a guy that I am extremely high on and hoping beyond hope that he is a Raven in the future. Van Eskridge would be an excellent special teams boost don't know that he'd ever become a reliable starter at safety but still a nice pick.

The draft would be absolute perfection if you had Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn or Brandon LaFell instead of D Williams. And instead of Chris McGaha I absolutely love Taylor Price!! I think he is gonna be an absolute beast of a late rd gem for someone....hopefully us.

coordinator0
01-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.

dcarey20
01-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I like Damian Williams, and I love the Graham pick, I had him in an earlier mock. Lindley is solid too.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.

You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.

coordinator0
01-23-2010, 06:05 PM
You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.

I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

Honestly I would like just about any receiver taken in the first. Benn, Lafell, Tate, and Williams seem like the most likely guys to either be there or be valued at our pick. Tate is the guy I'm most iffy about, he actually does remind me a bit of Clayton (although more physical).

Ravens1991
01-23-2010, 11:33 PM
I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

coming out Clayton was said to have perfect routes and great hands. Clayton is just a bust, he is a slot WR at best in the NFL.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-24-2010, 10:28 AM
No Im not saying Williams and Clayton are alike Im just saying I'd rather take a chance on a guy with a high ceiling then a guy who is just gonna be a middle of the road WR.

America
01-27-2010, 11:02 PM
What does everyone think of Dexter McCluster as a slot receiver in the later rounds? I feel like he could play a dynamic role in the offense either like Wes Welker picking up the quick passes or like Darren Sproles with screens and patterns out of the backfield.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.

coordinator0
01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
A lot would have to depend on the off-season for that draft to help our needs IMO. It's a great value draft, but drafting a slot WR (when we don't really use a slot receiver that much) isn't going to help us much. If we were to get receiver (hopefully 2) in FA, this draft looks alright. We don't really have a need for a LB at all but I wouldn't be upset at drafting Weatherspoon in the first. That guy seems like one of the safer/most productive players in the draft.

Ravens1991
01-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.

I dont see us going LB round 1. if we go 34 we got Suggs/Ellerbe/Lewis/Johnson and Johnson has played well when we show 43 fronts

ChefMike
01-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree. I see us going WR in the 1st. History says that one of the top WR's will drop they always do.

I see us getting Dez Bryant in the 1st
Taylor Mays in the 2nd will drop as well much like Mualuaga did this past season and he played well despite his stock falling.

after that we start simply drafting like we normally do best player available and start stockpiling players

I see us trading Troy Smith for a 3rd or to move up in the 2nd rd to get a player we want.

Ravens1991
01-28-2010, 10:09 PM
i doubt smith gets us a 3rd. He looked solid in his time starting but he was a 5th round pick. I see us getting around a 5th for him

GoRavens
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
That's a pretty horrible mock...
- Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
- Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
- Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
- Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
- Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
- Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
DRAFT GRADE: C-

Ravens1991
01-28-2010, 11:15 PM
If we re-sign Washington it wont shock me at all if we dont even think about CB. Webb is a beast, we gave Fox big bills, Washington would have just been re-signed. We have Carr $ and he has been playing like it towards the end of the season. and Walker had good playoffs, yes it doesnt make up for his horrible season but our coaching staff loves this guy 4 whatever reason.

but w/ that said I would love drafting a mid round project CB.

GoRavens
01-28-2010, 11:27 PM
ended up getting fairly drunk tonight... So I made this new mock!
Round 1: Damian Williams, WR
Round 2: Myron Rolle, S
Round 3: Alex Carrington, DE
Round 4: Myron Lewis, CB
Round 5: Eric Decker, WR
Round 6: Dexter Davis, OLB
Round 7: Andrew Quarless, TE

Ravens1991
01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.

GoRavens
01-29-2010, 07:37 AM
IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.

Reed wants to retire..
Landry might be gone..
Zbi is a capable starter..
but Nakamura is a backup for life..
- Myron Rolle can play either strong, or free safety, and is proving he's a top 5 safety in the Senior Bowl...I love the pick

coordinator0
01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
That's a pretty horrible mock...
- Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
- Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
- Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
- Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
- Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
- Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
DRAFT GRADE: C-

Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.

GoRavens
01-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.

McClain, Spikes, Kindle > Weatherspoon

- Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick.. Inside Linebacker can be addressed after the draft, by signing some undrafted talent. Such As;
- Mike McLaughlin, Boston College
- Vincent Rey, Duke
:)

coordinator0
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick..

And where did I say we needed a LB? All I said in the first post about this mock was that i didn't mind him based on value. I'm the first to say we don't need a LB, believe me, but don't think it's out of the question with Ozzie drafting.

ChefMike
01-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I see us drafting more need this year than normal. I think its a situation where we need an impact player and don't have the need to draft a lineman or LB or RB because he is the best player available. We need a CB or a WR. Last year we needed those same spots but we had a player like Oher that was supposed to be a Top 12 pick and he fell all the way down like did. I don't see that happening this year unless you are talking QB. Now if we were in a spot where a Clausen or a Bradford dropped like Quinn or Rodgers did a few years ago and we could trade with a Washington (Santana Moss and a pick) or Arizona (Boldin) or Carolina (Steve Smith) I think thats a situation we have to take.

GoRavens
01-30-2010, 07:32 PM
No thanks to Santana Moss

ChefMike
01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
As normally I would say no to him as well. He has never had a decent QB to throw him the ball and he still has wheels to get deep. Not to mention he is from the U. Those guys all get a little better playing in Baltimore.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
My moRavens mock would go like this......

Rd 1 = Demaryius Thomas WR GA TECH
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/3909153788_8d57e0f58f.jpg
Demaryius Thomas has all the potential in the world, and the physical abilities to go with it. Still a raw WR prospect but with Quan and Mason back to take the starting jobs DT will be allowed to mature.

Rd 2 = Lamarr Houston DL TEXAS
http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/feat_tech_lhouston.jpg
The Ravens need to get younger along the DL and we also need to add depth. Houston fills both those needs and may just steal a starting job along that DL in year 1.

Rd 3 (comp pick) = Ed Dickson TE OREGON
http://1ac1.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cali.jpg
This is my favorite TE in the draft right here, and I think he would be a huge steal in rd3.

Rd 5a = Ed Wang OL VA TECH
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/574/slideshow_57490/display_image.jpg
Provides solid depth at OT, and can play inside as well.

Rd 5b = Taylor Price WR OHIO
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16247-1/TaylorPrice.jpg
This is a potential steal at WR, has all the physical tools and is very coachable. A starting 3 of DT/Boldin/Price is an incredibly bright future right there.

Rd 6 = Nolan Carroll CB MARYLAND
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3492/3812786225_c580074030.jpg
This was my homer pick of the draft. I love me some Nolan Carroll, he has great foot speed, excellent size, very good ankle and hip flextion. If he does not get injured last year he would be long gone by this point. As a 6th rd pick he is low risk extreme high reward.

GoRavens
03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Nice Mock. Mine's a little better.

1st- Jermaine Gresham, TE.
- Let's face it, having a great tightend on your team makes passing the ball a lot easier. Heap is past his prime, and with Gresham still on the board Baltimore would be foolish to pass him up.
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16060-1/JermaineGresham_003.jpg

2nd- Lamarr Houston, DT
- Houston would fit in perfectly in Baltimore. His aggressive nature and versatility is just what the Ravens aging D-line could use. Bulk Houston up to 315, and he'll be a beast for years to come.
http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/feat_tech_lhouston.jpg

3rd- Amari Spievey, CB
- Cornerback is a top need for the Ravens, and Spievey is a talented player. Deion Sanders is really high on Spieveys game, and I can see why; Spieveys size is perfect, and his athleticism is outstanding. He’s been productive, durable, and has awesome hands as well.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sb4tavmt4qA/SWEu6Q2cBdI/AAAAAAAAACc/S8sdsUifhWI/s400/sash.jpeg

5th- Mike Williams, WR
- He's got character issues, but as a player, there's no way he should've slipped to round 5. Baltimore sees this as a steal, and knows the Ravens locker room will change Williams' character flaws. As a player, he's great, but he'll need some coaching up before he even sees the field. Could be a huge steal though.
http://media.syracuse.com/orangefootball/photo/10-07-09-fo-williamsjpg-b7b392a4f15823e9_large.jpg

5th- Antonio Coleman, OLB
- Coleman was a great pass rusher in college (like most Auburn prospects) I like Colemans game a lot though. He's undersized, but he uses his competitiveness, and excellent pass rush moves to consistently beat his man. The Ravens have struggled to find a consistent edge rusher other than Suggs. Drafting Coleman allows him to come off the bench late in the game, and fly by bigger, more tired offensive tackles. Baltimore would coach this guy into becoming a sack machine.
http://media.al.com/chatter/photo/antonio-coleman-f25b91ca9376e6ce_large.jpg

6th- DeMarcus Granger, DT
- I love Granger. He's nasty and has the talent to back it up. He possesses great strength, and is a beast in run support. He has a ton of potential, and could potentially be a gem for the Ravens. Give Granger 2-3 years of proper coaching, and he'll be a stud in the NFL.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cfv5HsdcBc0m/340x.jpg

i love it :)

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.

A Perfect Score
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.

Gotta disagree with this. Gresham at his best will be just as big of an offensive asset as Thomas at his best, especially now that we have Boldin. I actually LOVE the mock STRIP did, with Weatherspoon, Jones, and Shipley. I think that adds alot of depth to the defense, and adds a bit of youth. I suppose if I had to do a mock right now, it would probably look like

1) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
- ***OPTION B*** Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State

2) Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
- ***OPTION B*** Lamar Houston/Cam Thomas

Something along those lines for the top rounds. Tried to be realistic for who might be there.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Mine is definitely different from any of yours:

Round 1: Arrelious Benn/WR/Illinois

Round 2:: Perrish Cox/CB/PR/Oklahoma State

Round 3: Chris Cook/CB/S/Virginia

Round 5: Alex Carrington/DE/Arkansas State

Round 5: Andrew Quarless/TE/Penn State

Round 6: Joe Webb/QB/WR/UAB

coordinator0
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
People people people, where are you getting this third round pick from? We traded it away to Arizona for Boldin, and we are NOT getting a third round compensation pick. Best we're getting is a net-value seventh rounder.

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=46&id=4329&view=archive