PDA

View Full Version : Levi Brown - QB - Troy

JaxJag_1
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
What's the general thought about Levi Brown? He's got good size at 6'3" and 220 lbs., productive at Troy, I've even heard McShay call him one of the most accurate passers in college football.

His throwing motion looks weird, it's quick, but still weird.

Some sites have him as a riser lately from the practices at the Texas vs. the Nation games as well

What is some of your opinions on him though?

JaxJag_1
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Anyone?...

Shane P. Hallam
01-24-2010, 10:06 AM
There have been scouts that said they like him. He has the size, accuracy, and quick release, but some debate if he is starting caliber. His arm strength is fine, played out of a shotgun offense.

He definitely is a midround pick who has some upside if he can work with the right coaches.

Da Big Harv
01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
saw him twice this year and didn't come away impressed either time. Got very rattled after bad decisions and didn't look the 6'3 225 hes listed at and made some very questionable throws against some sub par defenses but again that was only two games one being the Bowl game against a tough team so have to watch more to say for sure but definitly didn't catch my eye

trojanbrutha
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Levi will compete against Perrilloux for the start in the Texas all-star game...I guess there weren't any TX QBs to spare...The only throw that I've noticed that's a little out of the norm is on some of the underneath passes it looks like he's throwing a dart...but it's effective. So far as inferior defenses, I think that's more of people not having much of an interest in the Sun Belt, although there is talent there.

trojanbrutha
01-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Levi Brown going to NFL combine (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/troy_blog/comments/levi_brown_going_to_nfl_combine/125480/)

By Drew Champlin

Just got a call from strength and conditioning coach Richard Shaughnessy. He said Troy quarterback Levi Brown got the call about an hour ago with an invite to the NFL combine. The event will be held from Feb. 24-March 2 in Indianapolis and HERE (http://www.nfl.com/combine) is the site link for that.

The original list came out a couple of weeks ago, but more names will be added soon, including that of Brown.

Aloysius
01-29-2010, 03:48 PM
From what I've seen, Brown struggles a bit with his accuracy outside the numbers. And when he's pressured, his footwork goes haywire - I've seen him throw with his feet parallel, leading to some badly inaccurate throws.

But he's got the tools to be a decent late-round developmental option.