PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kwilk103
01-24-2010, 04:45 PM
didnt see one, and we had one for east-west game, so thought i'd start one

when are the weigh-ins?

who has the most to gain/lose by participating this week?

TheSlinger
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
In terms of most to gain, I think it has to be Tebow. If he can look good in a pro-style offense he could make a lot of money. If he fails, I don't think it will really hurt him too much, because there are all sorts of excuses people could make (first time under center, working on his throwing motion, etc.).

niel89
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Tebow has a lot to gain/lose in this. He has a real opportunity to answer the questions about him playing under center in a normal offense.

Shane P. Hallam
01-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Apparently Tebow had an excellent press conference today. Answered a lot of questions. Stafon Johnson also talking to the press, still has barely any voice.

Take a look at Scott's blog for new additions to the roster. Some interesting ones I picked out:

Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.
Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas
O'Brien Schofield, DE, Wisconsin

RedVision
01-24-2010, 05:01 PM
omg how does LeGarrette Blount gets invited... that's terrible.:eek:

Hines
01-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I think Taylor Mays will either slide up or down this week. We can finally see what his exact size is this week.

01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Take a look at Scott's blog for new additions to the roster. Some interesting ones I picked out:

That certainly is an interesting addition. I'm not sure how often players are invited to the Senior Bowl after participating in the East-West Shrine game, but he deserves to get another look. His stock is quietly on the rise.

Shane P. Hallam
01-24-2010, 05:09 PM
That certainly is an interesting addition. I'm not sure how often players are invited to the Senior Bowl after participating in the East-West Shrine game, but he deserves to get another look. His stock is quietly on the rise.

It happens every year for 1 or 2 players. GREAT for him to work at OLB for another week with NFL coaches.

Babylon
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Apparently Tebow had an excellent press conference today. Answered a lot of questions. Stafon Johnson also talking to the press, still has barely any voice.

That's no surprise the guy is as charismatic as it gets. I think what is also going to come out of this week is his footwork and arm is better than some would have thought. Some of the knocks like holding the ball too low and not taking snaps from center are going to be answered in the affirmative this week.

DJC
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
LeGarette Blount being added is pretty big for him. He has a lot to prove this week after the worst possible season he could have had, sans a major injury.

Scotty D
01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm extremely happy that the Lions are coaching the Senior Bowl. BTW nice to see Blount has punched his ticket to Mobile!

Duffman57
01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I think that the guys who truly have the most to gain, are Blount and Ducasse. Ducasse could show up and continue his dominance and be a 2nd round pick, or struggle with the speed of the game and be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Blount needs to show that he has truly changed his work ethic and is still in football shape after taking almost the entire season off.

SwagU
01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Really want to see Tebow in this one. Teams already know that they are getting a leader and a great locker room presence but scouts are goona be watching his performance so thoroughly that his draft stock really comes down to this game. A great performance and who knows how far he shoots up, a bad performance and I feel he will lose stock but teams will still be looking at him as a project with alot of upside.

Good news about Blount. Really a disaster of a season and he is looking to show scouts he has changed. Feel that this game will help but his stock depends more on the combine IMO.

TACKLE
01-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Taylor Mays is going to have a lot more fans after Senior Bowl. Just watch.

Texas Homer
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
If Muckelroy can add some Bulk/good muscle on before the combine/draft then I think that he can improve his stock and be a FORCE in the NFL.

He was a tackling machine in college. Injuries prevented him from spending a lot of time in the weight room at Texas.

Hines
01-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Anyone know when the weigh ins are going to be posted?

Mr. Offseason
01-25-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm extremely happy that the Lions are coaching the Senior Bowl. BTW nice to see Blount has punched his ticket to Mobile!

Absolutely perfect choice of words. lol

nofalcons10
01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
i'm really waiting to see Danario alexander and terrance cody in this one.

bwillie26
01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Another late addition should be Phillip Dillard, the LB from Nebraska.

Think it will be interesting to see how he does. Guy came into college highly touted, but developed a reputation for being fat and lazy. Nearly left Nebraska as well this past year, but stuck it out. Lost weight, worked his tail off and had an absolutely phenomenal senior year.

Think he has a chance to stick in the league. Very stout run defender and a good in pass coverage as well. When Nebraska went to nickel/dime as a base for B12 play, Dillard still stayed on the field as the LB.

If he stays motivated like he did in his senior year, someone could get a nice mid-late draft LB.

ironman4579
01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
I know me posting something about Brandon Graham is a shocker ;)

However, I think the weigh in is really going to be key for him. If he comes actually near the 6'2" he's listed at, I actually think that helps him immensely. If he comes in at under 6'1" like I've seen so many times, it could hurt him quite a bit.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Sean Weatherspoon's rise is going to start with this week. I think he is going to be the most impressive LB this week.

The weigh in is important for Terrance Cody. I wonder if he has shed any weight off since the end of the season. I could see him coming to the senior bowl around 350.

George Selvie needs to do something on a big time stage like this. His stock has been on the decline since the end of his sophomore season.

Day One Pick
01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I found rosters.

Senior Bowl Rosters (http://nfldraftspot.com/news-and-information/general/423-2010-senior-bowl-rosters.html)

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I wrote up a little piece, but of course zoned out and clicked off the page by accident, so I lost it. I'm not going to worry about duplicating that, but I'd still like to highlight some things I'm interested in.

For the sake of organization I did not include every player, even at the positions I highlighted. For official Senior Bowl rosters, head to the Senior Bowl website.

North Team

Players I'll be paying close attention to:
Mardy Gilyard - WR - Cincinnati
Danario Alexander - WR - Missouri
LeGarette Blount - RB - Oregon
Sean Canfield - QB - Oregon State
Dan LeFevour - QB - Central Michigan
Tony Pike - QB - Cincinnati
Ed Dickson - TE - Oregon
Vladimir Ducasse - OT - Massachusetts
Mike Iupati - OG/OT - Idaho
Matt Tennant - C - Boston College
Jared Odrick - DT - Penn State
Austen Lane - DE - Murray State
Brandon Graham - LB/DE - Michigan
O'Brien Schofield - LB/DE - Wisconsin
Sean Weatherspoon - LB - Missouri
Darryl Washington - LB - TCU
Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State
Syd'Quan Thompson - CB - California

Team Strengths
*Offensive Line*
- - (Ducasse, Iupati, Tennant, Ed Wang, Jon Asamoah, Zane Beadles)
*Linebackers*
- - (Weatherspoon, Graham, Washington, Schofield, Koa Misi, A.J. Edds)
*Wide Receiver*
- - (Gilyard, Alexander, Taylor Price, Jacoby Ford, Dorin Dickerson)

Team Weaknesses
*Running Backs*
- - (Blount, Joique Bell, Rashawn Jackson, Lonyae Miller, Chris Brown)
*Defensive Tackle*
- - (Odrick, Tyson Alualu, Mike Neal, Cam Thomas)
*Safety*
- - (Larry Asante, Kurt Coleman, Kyle McCarthy, Chris Cook)

Key Practice Matchups
- WR Mardy Gilyard vs. CBs Kyle Wilson/Syd'Quan Thompson
- OG Mike Iupati/C Matt Tennant vs. DT Jared Odrick
- QBs Dan LeFevour vs. Sean Canfield vs. Tony Pike
- DL/LB Brandon Graham vs. OT Vladimir Ducasse
- DE Austen Lane vs. OTs Ducasse, Zane Beadles, Sam Young

South Team

Players I'll be paying close attention to:
Tim Tebow - QB - Florida
Anthony Dixon - RB - Mississippi State
Dexter McCluster - RB/WR - Mississippi
Jeremy Williams - WR - Tulane
Riley Cooper - WR - Florida
Anthony McCoy - TE - USC
Jimmy Graham - TE - Miami
Mike Johnson - OG - Alabama
J.D. Walton - C - Baylor
Dan Williams - DT - Tennessee
Terrance Cody - NT - Alabama
C.J. Wilson - DE - East Carolina
Dekoda Watson - LB - Florida State
Eric Norwood - LB - South Carolina
Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida State
Perrish Cox - CB - Oklahoma State
Taylor Mays - S - USC
Nate Allen - S - South Florida

Team Strengths
*Running Backs*
- - (Dixon, McCluster, Stafon Johnson, Ben Tate, Roy Upchurch)
*Defensive Tackle*
- - (Cody, Williams, Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, Jeff Owens)
*Defensive Backs*
- - (Mays, Allen, Robinson, Cox, Trevard Lindley, Myron Rolle, Jerome Murphy)

Team Weaknesses
*Quarterback*
- - (Tebow, Jarrett Brown, Zac Robinson)
*Offensive Tackle*
- - (Selvish Capers, Ciron Black, Chris Scott)
*Linebacker*
- - (Norwood, Watson, Roderick Muckleroy, Jamar Chaney, Daryl Sharpton)

Key Practice Matchups
- S Taylor Mays vs. WRs (Cooper, Roberts, etc.) and TEs (McCoy, Peek, etc.)
- NT Terrance Cody vs. C J.D. Walton
- DEs George Selvie/Brandon Lang vs. OT Chris Scott
- RB Anthony Dixon vs. RBs (Johnson, Tate, Upchurch)
- CB Patrick Robinson vs. WR Riley Cooper

I'll be keeping an eye out for the measurements today and will post a reaction to that. Actually a very exciting day for a draftnik.

Grizzlegom
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
wasn't sean lee supposed to be going? did anyone see anything on why he withdrew? also, lafell and trent williams withdrew per scott's twitter.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
wasn't sean lee supposed to be going? did anyone see anything on why he withdrew? also, lafell and trent williams withdrew per scott's twitter.

I didn't catch Lee on the roster. Sad to see LaFell and Trent Williams pulling out, as I thought they each had more of a chance to raise their stock than lower it. I assume we'll at least be able to get an official height and weight for the two, and hopefully arm length and hand size. Trent Williams would make that North OL absolutely filthy though.

LizardState
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Big TIA to Scotty, Pudge &/or Shane for daily practice session reports this wk, who's rising & helping themselves with pro coaches & who's falling. Even while still groaning @ Scotty mega-bad Blount pun. All eyes on him when he's in the game -- Maybe his surprising rise will be the personification on draft day of the old axiom that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Blount won't be the major human interest story this yr at the Sr. Bowl, Stephon Johnson will be, & next yr. it will be Herzlich.

I'm looking fwd to seeing the Pike - Gilyard connection working when they're in the North offense together, their chemistry could be the winning combo. And Terence Cody vs. Iupati/Ducasse et. al. stuffing the run, & of course if they can block him on FG attempts, all Crimson Tide & Tennessee fans will remember him there forever.

ironman4579
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Cody weighed in at 370 per Scott's twitter.

Grizzlegom
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
edit: ironman beat me to it.

i don't really know how to feel about that weight...i like that he isn't 400 lbs but 370 is still too big imo...

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 10:51 AM
terrance cody 370 lbs per scotts twitter...good or bad?

Eh, I wouldn't say thats all too far from his playing weight. Let's see how he moves and practices. 370 though sounds about where I'd expect him, maybe about 5-10 pounds heavier than you'd really hope, but still, Cody's no ballerina. Keeping his weight down for the Combine will be a big test of the guy's work ethic and weight issues. For now, let's just see what he can do at 370 this week.

brasho
01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm most interested in some of the UT-types. I fully expect Lamarr Houston to have a huge week, I'm intererested in watching Tyson Alualu and to lesser extents Jared Odrick and Mike Neal.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
It looks like Scott might be starting the updates on the measurements.

It's far from an interesting one, but WVU QB Jarrett Brown weighed in 6'2 3/4 219 with pretty big 9 7/8" hands.

CLong4Heisman
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Cody weighed in at 370 per Scott's twitter.

what did his other leg weigh? and what would his weight be without that hair?

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
QB heights-weights are in from Mobile thanks to Scott!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

Tony Pike
- 6'5 5/8 212

Sean Canfield
- 6'3 1/2 221

Dan LeFevour
- 6'3 229

Tim Tebow
- 6'2 3/4 236 with big 10" hands and short 30 3/4" arms

Jarrett Brown
- 6'2 3/4 219

Zac Robinson
- 6'2 3/8 210

YotoJets007
01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
QB heights-weights are in from Mobile thanks to Scott!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

Tony Pike
- 6'5 5/8 212

Sean Canfield
- 6'3 1/2 221

Dan LeFevour
- 6'3 229

Tim Tebow
- 6'2 3/4 236 with big 10" hands and short 30 3/4" arms

Jarrett Brown
- 6'2 3/4 219

Zac Robinson
- 6'2 3/8 210

LeFevour is 6 3? That is a good news for Levi Brown since they were about same height when they stood eye to eye back in the bowl game.

Tebow looked good. Short arm is good when you has wind up delivery. However his arm speed remains questionable.

YotoJets007
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
what did his other leg weigh? and what would his weight be without that hair?

it is pointless since he wont beat Peko. lol.

redbills
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Mt.Cody is 370!

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
LeFevour is 6 3? That is a good news for Levi Brown since they were about same height when they stood eye to eye back in the bowl game.

Tebow looked good. Short arm is good when you has wind up delivery. However his arm speed remains questionable.

Maybe. Short arms, however, don't bode well for his "versatility" if he's to not make it as a quarterback. He's willing to help a team in whatever way possible, but 30 inch arms really don't scream TE/H-B. As a blocker and receiver short arms definitely aren't what you want to see. Still, if he can play QB (and we'll see how he does this week) I doubt it'll be too much of a concern.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Stafon Johnson will have my attention. Cant wait to see him again.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Some random info... we'll get it confirmed within the hour by Scott's postings

NT Terrance Cody: 370 pounds with huge 11 1/4" hands

S Taylor Mays: 6'3", 230 pounds

QB Tim Tebow: 6'2", 236 pounds. Right arm longer than the left by a 1/4 inch.

RB Anthony Dixon: 6'0", 245 pounds

S Myron Rolle: 6'1", 217 pounds

RB Legarrette Blount: 6'2", 240 pounds

TE Ed Dickson: 6'5", 243 pounds

WR Mardy Gilyard: Just over 5'11"

G Mike Iupati had 35" arms at 6'5 325

That last one, Iupati's 35" arms, impresses me most. This guy is an elite LG prospect, has very long arms, a thick build... question is, could he be one of the top LT prospects in this class? I'm a little surprised about Dixon's weight at 245, as I'd think he'd stay a bit more fit than that.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 01:23 PM

NT Terrance Cody: 370 pounds

QB Tim Tebow: 6'2", 236 pounds

RB Legarrette Bount: 6'2", 240 pounds

G Mike Iupati had 35" arms

Iupati is definitely raised his stock a little by that.

Anthony Dixon at 245, wow.

TitansCJftw
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i didnt know anthony dixon was playing im definently gonna tune in to check out what he is doing, plus my boy cj wilson ecu

BigRob
01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Brandon Graham 6'1" 263 30 1/2" Arms

Texas Homer
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm interested to see the measurements of Sean Weatherspoon, Lamarr Houston and Mike Johnson.

I've heard that DT Lamarr Houston could be a 2nd round pick with a chance to sneak into the late 1st.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Pretty much as expected. He looks most suited to play ILB in a 3-4 scheme IMO, though could also excel on the outside there. I'm not sure where I fit him in a 4-3, though with the amount of strength and explosiveness he possesses I wouldn't feel horrible sticking him over at end. Depending on how he was built, this could hurt him a bit, though I'm assuming he showed up in shape and solid. He's going to make some poor OL's week miserable IMO.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Pretty much as expected. He looks most suited to play ILB in a 3-4 scheme IMO, though could also excel on the outside there. I'm not sure where I fit him in a 4-3, though with the amount of strength and explosiveness he possesses I wouldn't feel horrible sticking him over at end. Depending on how he was built, this could hurt him a bit, though I'm assuming he showed up in shape and solid. He's going to make some poor OL's week miserable IMO.

I think he is strong enough and explosive enough to play DE, I just dont think you would see much production as far as sacks. I hope he proves me wrong though.

superpack84
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM

With that size, I like to see how he does in linebacker drills this week.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
With that size, I like to see how he does in linebacker drills this week.

Agreed, drills and actual practice in pads. Can't wait to see how the guy handles himself in space. Linebacker is his best chance to be a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Sniper
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM

300 million sacks.

Sniper
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I think he is strong enough and explosive enough to play DE, I just dont think you would see much production as far as sacks. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Oh, how wrong you are. Know who else measured in at 6'1", 265ish?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0130/nfl_g_woodley_400.jpg

Same skill-set, same playing style, essentially the same guy.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Scott continues to do a great job at the Senior Bowl. Measurements have been posted in his Senior Bowl coverage, and I'll be bringing them to you here for discussion, debate, and for your viewing pleasure...

Running Backs

Joique Bell - Wayne State
- 5-10⅞ 223

LeGarrette Blount - Oregon
- 6-0⅝ 245

Chris Brown - Oklahoma
- 5-10 202

Rashawn Jackson - Virginia
- 6-0 239

Lonyae Miller - Fresno State
- 5-11 220

Anthony Dixon - Mississippi State
- 6-0 245

Stafon Johnson - USC
- 5-10⅝ 214

Ben Tate - Auburn
- 5-10⅞ 214

Roy Upchurch
- 5-11⅞ 210

Dexter McCluster
- 5-8⅛ 165

Charles Scott weighed in at 5'11 3/8 239.

All the weights/heights are up! Check Scott's coverage.

Sniper
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Stafon Johnson might just be my favorite RB in the draft. Hope he does well.

descendency
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Taylor Mays is going to have a lot more fans after Senior Bowl. Just watch.

I hope he goes top 10. More talented prospects for the playoff teams to pick from.

superpack84
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Agreed, drills and actual practice in pads. Can't wait to see how the guy handles himself in space. Linebacker is his best chance to be a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Every time I see him, I think of Woodley. Even through the Packers have bigger needs, I wouldn't mind at all if the Packers drafted him if hes there, and put him on the other side of Matthews.

Sniper
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Every time I see him, I think of Woodley. Even through the Packers have bigger needs, I wouldn't mind at all if the Packers drafted him if hes there, and put him on the other side of Matthews.

Holy jizz in my pants. Imagine Graham and Woodson on the same team?

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 01:58 PM
My guy Weatherspoon 6'0 7/8 241. Looks good to me.

Lamarr Houston 6'2 3/4 302 BIGGER than expected

Terrance Cody at 6'4 370.

descendency
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM

43 SAM with the ability to be a DE on pass rushing situations. 34 ILB with the ability to play 34 OLB on passing plays.

I don't like his 260 lb frame because he won't finish the season anywhere near that. On pass rushing situations, it may not matter. But on run stopping plays, it could matter at the end of the season.

superpack84
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
My guy Weatherspoon 6'0 7/8 241. Looks good to me.

Terrance Cody at 6'4 370.

Can any body say 3-4 NT? Man that guy is one big dude.

Babylon
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM

NT Terrance Cody: 370 pounds with huge 11 1/4" hands

QB Tim Tebow: 6'2", 236 pounds. Right arm longer than the left by a 1/4 inch.

RB Legarrette Blount: 6'2", 240 pounds

G Mike Iupati had 35" arms at 6'5 325

That last one, Iupati's 35" arms, impresses me most. This guy is an elite LG prospect, has very long arms, a thick build... question is, could he be one of the top LT prospects in this class? I'm a little surprised about Dixon's weight at 245, as I'd think he'd stay a bit more fit than that.

Taylor Mays right on for what he was projected (most arent) his 40 time down the road will be spot on too.

Tebow came in where i figured. Glad to see he has big mitts because he's always moving around with the ball hanging out there, dont want to see the Brett Favre fumbling thing. To me Tebow looks a little muscle bound, i would like to see him drop a few pounds and get more flexible. Also can we stop with the Tim Tebow would make a better.... the guy is a QB, how good to be determined.

TheSlinger
01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
• George Selvie South Florida 6-4 247 33 9

This is interesting to me, people speculated that his down season was because he added weight his senior season, looks like he slimmed down.

Texas Homer
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Dexter McCluster at 165.

What position does he play in the NFL?.....APB/WR/KR?

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Stafon Johnson might just be my favorite RB in the draft. Hope he does well.

I've been a big fan of his for a while. I got see him play live at Washington in 2007 and he ripped it up. I think you could argue that he is the most well rounded back in this draft. I really like how he runs. He makes very good cuts, doesn't have great top end speed but has a very good burst through the hole. He can break tackles and make guys miss in open field. He's also proven he can be a very good receiver out of the backfield and has been used a PR. I really think he's going to be a big steal.

Texas Homer
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the info!

Babylon
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Joe Webb is an intriguing story. The guy is a lot bigger than i thought, will be interesting to see how he catches the ball.

Riley Cooper bigger than listed (6-3 1/2) and good size hands.

critesy
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
joe webb at 6-3 with long arms and big hands. sounds like jerome simpson for the bengals.

except webb played qb.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Cant wait cant wait cant wait.

critesy
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
intrigued to see how auburn represents.

critesy
01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
OH MY GOD

http://media.al.com/press-register-sports/photo/codyweighinjpg-c4f70056a2f75c65_medium.jpg

TheRoo
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
OH MY GOD

http://media.al.com/press-register-sports/photo/codyweighinjpg-c4f70056a2f75c65_medium.jpg

LOL, he makes Andre Smith look fit.

ToldLikeItIs
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Aj Edds comes in at 6'3 5/8 245

Biggest LB by far

superman8456
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Except that guy is a 34 OLB.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I think his production as a 43 DE will be good, but he wont put up very many sacks.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
LeGarrette Blount - Oregon
- 6-0⅝ 245

He's a lot shorter than I imagined. I thought he was going to measure at least 6'2, possibly 6'3.

TheRoo
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Except that guy is a 34 OLB.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I think his production as a 43 DE will be good, but he wont put up very many sacks.

What makes you think Graham can't play 34 OLB?

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Is Jerry Hughes not participating in the Senior Bowl? I didn't see him on the weigh-in list. If he's not, it will be very disappointing. I was really looking forward to watching him.

TaylorMade
01-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Is Jerry Hughes not participating in the Senior Bowl? I didn't see him on the weigh-in list. If he's not, it will be very disappointing. I was really looking forward to watching him.

Same with Montario Hardesty. Anyone have word on him?

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Yeah, boy was I wrong, and right in a way, when I saw Woodley getting crushed at the Senior Bowl a few seasons back. I said that he would NEVER be a good DE in the NFL.... and he turned out to be a pretty good OLB.... of course at the time I wasn't thinking he was fast enough for LB.

I wouldn't just Graham solely by his less than impressive measurements, and if he gets crushed like Woodley did in one-on-ones... you still can't write him off. Woodley had me fooled a few years back for sure.

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm interested to see the measurements of Sean Weatherspoon, Lamarr Houston and Mike Johnson.

I've heard that DT Lamarr Houston could be a 2nd round pick with a chance to sneak into the late 1st.

I love Lamarr and will be watching him closely. I feel that without a doubt he had the best bowl game of any DT in college football this past season.

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Jacoby Ford is going to be embarrassing corners in 1-on-1's.

ThePudge
01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Same with Montario Hardesty. Anyone have word on him?

Neither Hughes nor Hardesty will be participating. I know Hughes opted out of the Senior Bowl, and I really didn't hear anything on Hardesty. With no Montario and no Toby Gerhart, the RBs here seem a bit lackluster.

DiG
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM

This is so true. He is currently one of my top 5 most underrated players. I look for him to get taken off the board in the 2nd round when its all said and done. His elusiveness/speed is off the charts.

critesy
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
kyle wilson VERY impressive in off man 1 on 1s.

01-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Except Kyle Wilson, as I expected. He could be making some big money this week. Late first round is not out of this kid's realm of potential.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
kyle wilson VERY impressive in off man 1 on 1s.

Indeed. Breath of fresh air compared to the Falcons CBs this year.

Babylon
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM

Would pay money to see a runoff with Mays, Ford and Cooper.

01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Al Davis better be watching Jacoby Ford this week. Seriously, I want this kid, even if that means replacing JLH.

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Except Kyle Wilson, as I expected. He could be making some big money this week. Late first round is not out of this kid's realm of potential.

I know its early but Kyle Wilson has looked outstanding. I think if Ford goes against some bigger corners, he's going to turn them inside out.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Why Cooper? He's fast, but I dont think he is legit 4.3 and under fast.

I'd rather have Mardy Gillyard in there.

Edit: or Dexter McCluster

mario
01-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Is there any stream to watch the practices?

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes! Lineman 1-on-1's. Easily my favorite part of the week.

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Ducasse is a beast. I hope Schofiled isn't seriously hurt.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes! Lineman 1-on-1's. Easily my favorite part of the week.

Yeah, gotta love this.

01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
That may be the toughest matchup Ducasse goes up against all practice (besides Graham). I am impressed so far.

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM

You might want to throw Price and Kyle Wilson in there.

critesy
01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
it looked iffy, maybe sprained knee or menisus damage. (just speculation)

superman8456
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Graham is embarrassing Wang.

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
I see a little bit of Tanard Jackson in UVA's Chris Cook.

Already Graham is off to a better start than Woodley had when he was at the Senior Bowl.

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Who's going to win this season's Ziggy Hood Great Moves Award or the Trevor Laws Supermotor Award?

vidae
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Graham is going to beast it up all week.

I like the 1 on 1 drills as well, especially since the Chiefs desperately need interior OL out of this draft.

brasho
01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Is Canfield's arm really that bad? That is like the 3rd rainbow he's thrown.

FUNBUNCHER
01-25-2010, 03:47 PM

Peyton Manning has shortish arms too.

01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Is Canfield's arm really that bad? That is like the 3rd rainbow he's thrown.

The bowl game kinda reaffirms the questions surrounding his arm strength. It's a legitimate issue at this point that I admittedly had overlooked for much of this season.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Why is Brandon Graham playing RDE? I want to see him going up against RT's

Sean Weatherspoon is fast.

I_C_DeadPeople
01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
joe webb at 6-3 with long arms and big hands. sounds like jerome simpson for the bengals.

except webb played qb.

And Simpson plays with himself.

Babylon
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Why Cooper? He's fast, but I dont think he is legit 4.3 and under fast.

I'd rather have Mardy Gillyard in there.

Edit: or Dexter McCluster

Cooper's 40 time should be a mid to high 4.3, Gilyard and McCluster arent close to that i dont believe. Ford should be the top guy in the 40.

Shane P. Hallam
01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Hardesty, Hughes, LaFell, and Trent Williams out.

Tebow dropped multiple snaps for fumbles in drills, but Scott said his footwork looked good.

Mays is wreaking havoc, crushed Andre Roberts.

Also, O'Brien Schofield was injured by Vlad Ducasse.

McCluster being used as both RB and WR.

01-25-2010, 04:22 PM

except webb played qb.

This is where the comparison starts and ends between the two, unless Webb stands out this week somehow. A really intriguing player who could compare favorably to Matt Jones the prospect (not so in terms of draft stock). We'll have to see, though it isn't very comparable when you factor in Jones' rare speed when making the transition to receiver.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Al Davis better be watching Jacoby Ford this week. Seriously, I want this kid, even if that means replacing JLH.

Be careful what you ask for. Should we be putting Jacoby to the Raiders in the first in our mocks now, lol.

brat316
01-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Jacobs is a very tiny guy, at 5-8 180 him playing WR is risky. He is built and pretty thick bodied at 180, just have a hard time seeing him play WR at that height.

I know you have MJD who is 5-8, but he is a tank at like 210.

RaiderNation
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Missed the first pratice :(

Can somebody give me a review of the good, the bad and the ugly please...+rep

01-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Be careful what you ask for. Should we be putting Jacobs to the Raiders in the first in our mocks now, lol.

LOL. I'm convinced Al is going to use our second on a corner partly because of the great value it should present if things fall accordingly where one of Wilson, Warren or Robinson are available. The wildcard, however, is Ford, and that is why I am retracting that statement haha. I would be fine if it were a third or fourth, granted the chances don't look so good after further contemplation.

kwilk103
01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
how did selvish capers and jarrett brown look?

Hines
01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I know I am late, but my did Kyle Wilson blanket the recievers in 1 on 1s. If he continues, I could see him being the second corner taken in the draft behind Haden and possibly top 20 pick.

brat316
01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
damn its hard to find anything on the senior bowl coverage...and damn NFLN keeps showing the same ****.

falloutboy14
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM

I'm fairly sure only the North practice has been broadcast. There's another program scheduled tomorrow at noon, so I'm guessing they'll rotate or something.

As for the good/bad/ugly. Ducasse did well I thought. He did 2 one-on-one drills against Schofield from Wisconsin. The first run, Schofield went right by him. Mike Mayock mentioned that Ducasse hadn't seen speed like his (Schofield) before, so wanted to see how he adjusted. The next Ducasse had a good kick-slide and was fluid meeting the edge rush. I'm hoping he's there for the Colts at 31 or 32.

Aside from that it was rather standard. Guys who we thought couldn't play LT got burned. Brandon Graham ran circles around Wang from Vtech. Wang's too heavy etc to keep up with him.

For the inside guys, Iupati & Odrick went against each other once. Odrick got the better of him off the snap, but I think controlled him well.

I mostly was watching the O/D-line since that's what the Colts need. Kyle Wilson, CB from Boise St, was impressive. I haven't heard him mentioned much here, but I could see him being a late first for the Jets, maybe even the Ravens in the early 20s. He looked good in man-to-man, but again, wasn't watching that very closely.

Hines
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Off topic, but I enjoy Corey Chavous a lot more than I did Charles Davis. I know Chavous had a bunch of tapes and would talk around draft time a few years back. Good to see him find a niche after he retired. Him and Mayock make a good combo IMO.

D-Unit
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
How's my boy Taylor Mays doing???

Hines
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Apparently he is showing good strength and leveled a reciever and jarred the ball loose. He showed up at 6'3 233. I wonder what his speed is now.

JFLO
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM

Scott said Capers looked like a beast early on before the weigh-in, but no notes yet on his weigh-in.

YotoJets007
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Jon Asamouth's arm length is only 31 inch? ZBS will be his only home. damn.

Babylon
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
How's my boy Taylor Mays doing???

Dont forget his other parents, Davey Crocket and Jim Bowie.

Mays measured at 6-3 and 230, right on target (most are less than advertized). He's going to stand out in post season environments.

CLong4Heisman
01-25-2010, 07:23 PM
O'Brien Schofield tore his ACL today in practice according to Adam Schefter

http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11878876
Just a link showing he was injured

Hines
01-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Damn, I saw that happen too. Some team is going to get a steal because he's going to slide.

eagles6606
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I saw Schoefield get taken down by Ducassse, it was very ugly. He landed very awkwardly on his leg. It's a shame, this guy has great explosion and an even better motor. He was someone who was really going to improve his stock during the process. He will be lucky to be drafted now.

Hines
01-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I saw Schoefield get taken down by Ducassse, it was very ugly. He landed very awkwardly on his leg. It's a shame, this guy has great explosion and an even better motor. He was someone who was really going to improve his stock during the process. He will be lucky to be drafted now.

He'll get drafted, but not as high as he would if he was fully healthy.

CLong4Heisman
01-25-2010, 07:41 PM
i'd still draft him in the 5th round. I feel awful for him because he was rising and may of have a shot to sneak into the 2nd round

Canadian_draft_fan
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
i'd still draft him in the 5th round. I feel awful for him because he was rising and may of have a shot to sneak into the 2nd round
Sad for Schofield. I was keeping my eye out for him after a strong performance in his bowl game.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
On NFLN Mayock was raving about Kyle Wilson, CB Boise St. Looks to be an excellent cover guy who is physical to boot.

01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
He'll get drafted, but not as high as he would if he was fully healthy.

Really, Hines? Really???

:p

superpack84
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
On NFLN Mayock was raving about Kyle Wilson, CB Boise St. Looks to be an excellent cover guy who is physical to boot.

Yeah I saw him make two great plays today. Looks to be a good corner.

BeerBaron
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Terrence Cody went and did the one thing he couldn't afford to do....get fatter. Dumbass.

I was still on his side as a potential late first rounder until now....If he can rebound a little before immediate-pre draft workouts, he might be a 3rd rounder.

keylime_5
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Baltimore or the Jets should trade up and get Mays. He's an absolute perfect fit at SS in their system. Not a huge need, but we've never seen a 6'3"/230/4.3 safety like that and we probably won't in a long time again.

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I think Baltimore or the Jets should trade up and get Mays. He's an absolute perfect fit at SS in their system. Not a huge need, but we've never seen a 6'3"/230/4.3 safety like that and we probably won't in a long time again.

Taylor Mays is a FS.

brat316
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Steelers take a shot at Mays.

Yea Cody is like 4th rounder, if he shows the ability to loose weight by the combine, he'll maybe go in the second.

tjsunstein
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
O'Brien Schofield tore his ACL the first day of practice? Wow, what a tough injury at such an unfortunate time. Reminds me of another guy out of Wisconsin who had a bad injury the year he came out. Jack Ikegwuonu, the corner.

Thumper
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Personally after watching what the NFL Network showed I liked Kyle Wilson, he was fantastic in one-on-ones, making an interception over Donario Alexander and almost grabbing another one but Jacoby Ford smacked it away from him, btw he stayed stride for stride with Ford who supposedly has 4.2whatever speed.

Also in the pit drills, Jared Odrick dominated what I saw, he showed quickness and power and got by Iuapati twice in a row and then he bull rushed Asomoah twice in a row in a really physical battle.

The time I saw Brandon Graham he absolutely destroyed Ed Wang, Ed Wang barely tapped him on the arm.

Duccasse was beat badly by Schofield on one play but on the next one he came back and basically stonewalled him and strung him out wide and eventually Schofield tore his ACL on the play and fell off of Duccasse. He is definitely raw, but you can see that he has the potential to play LT in the NFL and that he certainly has the raw power to be special.

Also just going off of what I remember, Taylor Price out of Ohio looks pretty good, I wouldn't call him a special receiver but he looks solid out there and he made some pretty acrobatic catches and showed good body control and hands. Also Mike Neal looks bigger than his weight, I thought he was a NT at first and then in the Pit he got the initial push but didn't have the pass rush moves to finish the deal, he is powerful though. Also I didn't see much of Devin McCourty (he is one of my favorite sleepers) but on the play I did he looked good, he undercut a route and forced the drop and all reports say he did good today, he looked good in the read and react drill as well.

Also watch for Syd'Quan Thompson's stock to drop this week a little bit, he is a physical little guy who doesn't have deep speed and he looks a bit uncomfortable in one on one drills, judging by his plays that I saw I would say he doesn't have faith in his speed at all, the coaches opened up with a deep route and he got burned deep and then on the next play he had he flipped his hips to early against a TE. I think he is a good player and that this isn't representative of him, he seems like a guy who is a good player in game scenarios with 11 men on the field. A Tampa-2 system would be his best fit IMO and he would kind of struggle in a man to man heavy scheme because of his inability to go deep but he could be a nice Nickel corner in a man to man scheme.

SwagU
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Terrence Cody went and did the one thing he couldn't afford to do....get fatter. Dumbass.

I was still on his side as a potential late first rounder until now....If he can rebound a little before immediate-pre draft workouts, he might be a 3rd rounder.

Not really surprised he has struggled at maintaining a constant playing weight. Don't think it will hurt his stock as much as most think. He is still Mount Cody and brings that huge frame needed in a 3-4 NT. I still see him going 2nd round.

BeerBaron
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Not really surprised he has struggled at maintaining a constant playing weight. Don't think it will hurt his stock as much as most think. He is still Mount Cody and brings that huge frame needed in a 3-4 NT. I still see him going 2nd round.

Someone...be it a coach, his agent...someone needed to get him to understand that he could lose or gain millions depending on his weight. If he lost some weight and showed a little more quickness or explosiveness, he could have worked back into the first round.

I still felt that if he had at least kept it reasonable, he could maybe still go fairly high to a 3-4 team.

BBIB
01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Maybe. Short arms, however, don't bode well for his "versatility" if he's to not make it as a quarterback. He's willing to help a team in whatever way possible, but 30 inch arms really don't scream TE/H-B. As a blocker and receiver short arms definitely aren't what you want to see. Still, if he can play QB (and we'll see how he does this week) I doubt it'll be too much of a concern.

If Tebow doesn't pan out as QB, his 2nd position should be goaline/short yardage specialist.

The way the Eagles used Michael Vick on occasion this year with much success. Tebow is perfect for that role with his 6'2 235 pound frame. He's built to go between the tackles on those plunges, or to make the right decision when to hand it off, or to take advantage of the inevitable playaction as the defense cheats to stop the run.

SwagU
01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Someone...be it a coach, his agent...someone needed to get him to understand that he could lose or gain millions depending on his weight. If he lost some weight and showed a little more quickness or explosiveness, he could have worked back into the first round.

I still felt that if he had at least kept it reasonable, he could maybe still go fairly high to a 3-4 team.

Agreed this issue should of been dealt with and someone should of made him get his weight down and controlled. He looked really sluggish and as if he had no motivation. Guess no one told him that his fotball future was on the line.

JFLO
01-25-2010, 09:39 PM
on walterfootball.com, the notes about Taylor Mays says the following:

"Built like a Greek God"

hilarious

Splat
01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
370 pounds... :eek:

Shane P. Hallam
01-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Make sure everyone says hi to Jeff Owens!

bored of education
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Jeff should be drafted in the top 10!

senormysterioso
01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
370 lbs?!? I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him take part in practice or the game if I was a coach at the senior bowl. That is borderline morbidly obese. I would take him off my draft board if he's not down to around 340-350 at the very most come draft time

Splat
01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Senior Bowl Dish: Pike outplays Tebow; Cody struggles; Schofield hurts knee (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-seniorbowldishpikeou&prov=tsn&type=lgns)

YotoJets007
01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Senior Bowl Dish: Pike outplays Tebow; Cody struggles; Schofield hurts knee (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-seniorbowldishpikeou&prov=tsn&type=lgns)

Tebow being outplayed is an expectation. I find it very funny when Wright said Cody looked like he was well conditioned or at least part of those words. lol.

any news who will replace Schofield?

T.Smith
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
We pass along reviews of Tebow's first day at Senior Bowl practice with the knowledge that the buildup to the NFL Draft will be a long one, with many ups and downs for Tebow. Monday was a downer.

Lindsay Soto on NFL Network: Tebow fumbled the first snap from center, then botched roughly 5-6 more during the day. Tebow is used to playing out of shotgun.

Chris Mortensen on Twitter: "First impression from NFL folks on Tebow at Senior Bowl -- it is indeed going to be a challenging process for him."

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times: "I'm on the sideline at the Senior Bowl practice and let's just say Tim Tebow is not exactly lighting it up. Horrible mechanics and accuracy."

Tebow will get a chance to rebound in the next three days of practice on NFL Network.

Don Vito
01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
http://media.al.com/mobile-press-register/photo/-bd780d1ed23c3d7e.jpg

McCluster's only 5-8 165 but he's still an animal.

redbills
01-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Taylor Mays is a FS.

How? The guy makes no plays on the ball. He is a SS.

Sniper
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
How?

It's the position he plays?

LonghornsLegend
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM

I want him on the Cowboys like nobodies business. He'd fit so many needs for us, and he's really underrated because of his size but he'll add a homerun potential to any offense you put him on. I don't care if he doesn't have a real position or not.

LonghornsLegend
01-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Taylor Mays is a FS.

You guys act like it's impossible for him to play SS for some teams though. Michael Huff was a SS for the Raiders from the moment he was drafted and he's nowhere near as big as Mays is.

FUNBUNCHER
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Did anyone else fumble snaps besides Tebow?? I have a difficult time believing he was the only one. And for a reporter to say he had 'terrible accuracy' today, it would help if he charted his completions/incomplete passes.

Imagine, playing with new WRs on the 1st day of practice, and a QB can't throw at an 80% clip!!

We'll see who the ballers are in the scrimmages and in the game on Saturday.

EDIT: Doubtful that Mays is anything but a SS in the pros; he doesn't have the man coverage skills or the loose hips to play FS.

D-Unit
01-25-2010, 10:55 PM
You guys are crazy... Taylor Mays can play QB if he wanted to. Please don't limit his abilities.

TACKLE
01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I want him on the Cowboys like nobodies business. He'd fit so many needs for us, and he's really underrated because of his size but he'll add a homerun potential to any offense you put him on. I don't care if he doesn't have a real position or not.

Felix and McCluster on the field at the same would be an absolute nightmare for defenses.

Scotty D
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Did Trent Williams pull out because of injury??? Scott says he is a top 15 talent, but I was looking forward to see how he did this week.

D-Unit
01-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Felix and McCluster on the field at the same would be an absolute nightmare for defenses.
That's why we're drafting him in the 3rd round... everyone thinks they can get him in the 4th... we'll sneak in at the end of the 3rd... mwahahahaha.

GoHuskers
01-25-2010, 11:41 PM
double post.

GoHuskers
01-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Cody needs to lose about 50 pounds, he's too weak to play 3-4 NT. Not to mention he can't play more than a third of the snaps at best if he sticks at 350. Probably the most overhyped player this year, though most people finally understand he's a joke now.

01-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Dan LeFevour is going to make some team VERY happy. It wouldn't shock me if he ended up drafted in the late 2nd-early 3rd range. In a draft with a lot of question marks at his position I'd be quite comfortable with that investment. I'm sorry to say, but I see a bit of Tony Romo in him...

SenorGato
01-25-2010, 11:53 PM
You guys act like it's impossible for him to play SS for some teams though. Michael Huff was a SS for the Raiders from the moment he was drafted and he's nowhere near as big as Mays is.

That plus the difference between the safety positions is slowly dying...

RyanBraun8
01-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Mays will be a SS in the NFL. I think a team would be making a big mistake if they bring him in to play FS.

LonghornLegend, just curious but what position would you want McCluster for? The Cowboys already have Felix Jones, Marion Barber, and Tashard Choice. Felix isn't quit the weapon Dexter is in the recieving game but is just explosive of a runner.

Man that is a solid 5'8 168!

thetedginnshow
01-25-2010, 11:58 PM

The rest of the league made a giant mistake if he goes to the Jets.

bigbuc
01-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I look at Cody like this. Pat Williams came into the league at 320ish and so did Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork, they've all been in the league for years now and have ate there way to the 340 to 350 range. Cody being 370 today and could get himself down to 355 for the draft with hard work will eat himself out of the NFL within two years of getting drafted. You can play football at 340 you can't play at 400 pounds.

D-Unit
01-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Thoughts on Jared Odrick today?

D-Unit
01-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Mays will be a SS in the NFL. I think a team would be making a big mistake if they bring him in to play FS.

LonghornLegend, just curious but what position would you want McCluster for? The Cowboys already have Felix Jones, Marion Barber, and Tashard Choice. Felix isn't quit the weapon Dexter is in the recieving game but is just explosive of a runner.

Man that is a solid 5'8 168!
McCluster WILL be a slot WR for the Dallas Cowboys... and I emphasize WILL...

Thumper
01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Thoughts on Jared Odrick today?

From what I saw on NFL network he was good, he has a lot of 'wiggle' inside (thanks to Corey Chavous on that one) and he is right, he is very flexible and coordinated for a big guy and he isn't really thick, he is more of a quick penetrating guy. He did a nice job of getting penetration on Iupati, I liked that match-up a lot and he knocked Jon Asomoah around with a bull rush. He definitely looks the part of an impact defensive lineman on the field and off the field and I wouldn't be surprised to see him become an excellent 5 technique. The one problem is we all know he can get penetration but sometimes if you watch film he'll overrun a play, he'll abandon his gap or he'll get so far upfield on a play that he completely takes himself out of the play, so awareness might become an issue in the coming days, I expected him to have a good showing in the pit. And like I said he isn't really a thick guy and some guards have been able to push him around in the past so we'll see if he can hold his ground in the run game. I actually think he could play 4-3 LE if a team put him there and he could be effective, he has the quickness, strength and length to do it.

Good showing today but a player like him should dominate the pit so nothing unexpected, we'll see what he is made of when all the pads are on and the teams are running full practices.

descendency
01-26-2010, 12:33 AM
You guys are crazy... Taylor Mays can play QB if he wanted to. Please don't limit his abilities.

Just as long as it doesn't require wrapping up and taking proper angles, he'll be fine.

DaBrowns41
01-26-2010, 12:47 AM

The only thing Mays is great at is attempting shoulder tackles and missing.

He's got the ceiling of a high first rounder, and his college production or lack thereof makes him look like an early-mid 2nd rounder.

superman
01-26-2010, 03:31 AM
fs or ss won't matter. just because mays will get drafted as a fs doesn't mean the team is only gonna let him play deep center of the field. whatever team drafts him will probably develope a scheme for him to actually get the best out of his abilities. the 2 safety and even olb positions aren't black and white anymore with how tricky defensive coordinators are trying to get.

BRAVEHEART
01-26-2010, 04:05 AM
I believe he'll be properely used at the next level.

nhlkdog411
01-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Dan LeFevour is going to make some team VERY happy. It wouldn't shock me if he ended up drafted in the late 2nd-early 3rd range. In a draft with a lot of question marks at his position I'd be quite comfortable with that investment. I'm sorry to say, but I see a bit of Tony Romo in him...

Wow I really, REALLY like this comparison.

LonghornsLegend
01-26-2010, 06:48 AM

This.

Let him return punts, play slot, get some reverses, work the middle of the field, find a spot for him in the Wildcat, possibilities endless. We have a huge need for a PR though and quick twitch slot WR and this guy is all that and some. You could probably use him alot like Percy Harvin, and I'd be fine if that was his ceiling with us because he's going to be deadly with the ball in his hands.

DiG
01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Sounds to me like none of these quarterbacks have shown show far that they are potential starters at the next level. I was hoping Jarrett Brown or Canfield would step up and make a statement early but from Scotts reports it doesnt sound like either had a great day but they still have a long week ahead of them. Im glad to hear that LeFevour had at least some good moments although I was surprised to read Scott mention a solid arm based on what Ive seen from him in games. Id love to see Zac Robinson put on a show this week. After a great sophomore and junior campaign, Robinson had a disappointing senior year (mostly just the Texas and Miss games) but could really good mid round value.

A couple guys that Im really excited to hear more about once the action gets going are Joique Bell, Jacoby, AJ Edds, and a bunch of various offensive line vs defensive line matchups.

RealityCheck
01-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Taylor Mays is a FS.
No. We are going to draft him and make him play Will. He's that good.

DiG
01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
No. We are going to draft him and make him play Will. He's that good.

you guys trading into the top 10?

KaneMarko
01-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Cody needs to lose about 50 pounds, he's too weak to play 3-4 NT. Not to mention he can't play more than a third of the snaps at best if he sticks at 350. Probably the most overhyped player this year, though most people finally understand he's a joke now.

Not sure I'd go to that extreme, but I agree with the general point of your post. I tried to tell people months ago that Cody wasn't a first round pick. And based on early returns, his stock is taking serious hits.

For his sake I hope he turns it around soon or the bottom may drop out of his draft stock. He has another chance to erase some of the doubts at the combine. But he'd better hurry because it's just around the corner.

Grizzlegom
01-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Aj Edds comes in at 6'3 5/8 245

Biggest LB by far

think he can play ILB in a 3-4?

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 09:03 AM

weren't people saying the same thing about andre smith last year?

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 09:06 AM

reminds me of warrick dunn.

Saints-Tigers
01-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't think Cody got any fatter btw, I thought the reports of him being down to 350 or so were bogus, and I had him around 370 as is... (I had listed him at 370 on my NCAA Football 2010 :P )

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't think Cody got any fatter btw, I thought the reports of him being down to 350 or so were bogus, and I had him around 370 as is... (I had listed him at 370 on my NCAA Football 2010 :P )

it wouldn't bother me if he were 370-400lbs.

ted washington played his entire career in that range and grady jackson and norman hand were both 360lbs+.

even hollis thomas at only 6'0 is 340lbs. http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/Hollis-Thomas/7b00f556-3afd-4992-aa1e-6a7fbbfb1f27

hollis thomas was the best nose tackle that we've had in the past 4-5 years.

FUNBUNCHER
01-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Problem with Cody being a 370# rookie is that he'll likely eat himself out of the league in 3 years. Those other DTs being compared to Cody grew to that size in the pros, they didn't start from jump as tubs of lard ass.

And he's doesn't look especially strong either. TO me he looks like a marginally athletic fat guy who struggles to play more than two snaps in a row. Maybe he's a mid round pick, if he can demonstrate decent upper body strength at the combine.

Marino13
01-26-2010, 10:23 AM
weren't people saying the same thing about andre smith last year?

didn't Smith completely blow the scouts out of the water during his pro day and private workouts though?

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Cody may need a first round money to purchase the earthquake-proof house so he can play WII.

CLong4Heisman
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Don Vito;1989029]http://media.al.com/mobile-press-register/photo/-bd780d1ed23c3d7e.jpg

QUOTE]

Now thats... a situation

DoWnThEfiElD
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
didn't Smith completely blow the scouts out of the water during his pro day and private workouts though?

Well Smith was a 1st round talent, Cody is a 2 down defensive lineman, that may be tired and ineffective by the 4th quarter in NFL games. Only some people considered Cody a fringe 1st round prospect. He has great size, no pass rush moves, which to me diminishes his value in a pass 1st league.

DiG
01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
I noticed in Scotts blog that he talks about Blounts upright running style. Does anyone else think that he runs a lot like Larry Johnson? Johnson had similar knocks coming out of Penn State. He was always known for being a narrow upright runner given his size and struggled to break low tackles.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM

he absolutely didn't blow anyone away at his proday.
http://stripehype.com/2009/03/11/afternoon-notes-andre-smith-not-wowing-at-pro-day/

he was heavily criticized for running the 40 without his shirt on by people who found his physique grotesque.

he was heavily criticized for leaving the combine without announcing his departure.

he was mainly drafted because of his play on the field and lack of character concerns.

Hines
01-26-2010, 10:45 AM

That's a big 165.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Problem with Cody being a 370# rookie is that he'll likely eat himself out of the league in 3 years. Those other DTs being compared to Cody grew to that size in the pros, they didn't start from jump as tubs of lard ass.

And he's doesn't look especially strong either. TO me he looks like a marginally athletic fat guy who struggles to play more than two snaps in a row. Maybe he's a mid round pick, if he can demonstrate decent upper body strength at the combine.

lack of self-control contradicts the fact that cody actually LOST weight before this season.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1249632914319230.xml&coll=2

a team like the saints would be happy with 2 snaps in a row.

when you can hold a team to 3rd and 7 because you stop the run so well on 1st and 2nd down it makes teams predictable. the inside presence of a guy like pat williams forces teams to run outside where linebackers will be waiting for them because they know that no one is dumb enough to continually run inside.

the pats only needed 36 year old ted washington to just stand around and occupy space for them during their superbowl run in 2003. he was outstanding in their famous goaline stand at indianapolis that year.

no individual offensive lineman in the league can move this guy backwards against his will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M

it would take a double team to fight him to a stalemate and a tripple team to finally get him moving in reverse.

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Just looking over the rosters, the South should rape the North.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Well Smith was a 1st round talent, Cody is a 2 down defensive lineman, that may be tired and ineffective by the 4th quarter in NFL games. Only some people considered Cody a fringe 1st round prospect. He has great size, no pass rush moves, which to me diminishes his value in a pass 1st league.

pass 1st league but what about run-first divisions like the NFC south or the AFC north?

what time of defensive lineman do you suggest for a team that's in a division with cadaillac williams, deangelo williams, johnathan stewart, and michael turner?

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
lack of self-control contradicts the fact that cody actually LOST weight before this season.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1249632914319230.xml&coll=2

a team like the saints would be happy with 2 snaps in a row.

when you can hold a team to 3rd and 7 because you stop the run so well on 1st and 2nd down it makes teams predictable. the inside presence of a guy like pat williams forces teams to run outside where linebackers will be waiting for them because they know that no one is dumb enough to continually run inside.

the pats only needed 36 year old ted washington to just stand around and occupy space for them during their superbowl run in 2003. he was outstanding in their famous goaline stand at indianapolis that year.

no individual offensive lineman in the league can move this guy backwards against his will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M

it would take a double team to fight him to a stalemate and a tripple team to finally get him moving in reverse.

You are on my ignore list, but I am glad I read this one. Very good post. Thank you.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:09 AM
You are on my ignore list, but I am glad I read this one. Very good post. Thank you.

no problem.

i just wish more saints fans would realize that terrance cody is the type of defensive tackle that we need and would stop saying that they would be happy with jared odrick in the first round.

cody is almost 100lbs heavier than odrick.

FUNBUNCHER
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
he absolutely didn't blow anyone away at his proday.
http://stripehype.com/2009/03/11/afternoon-notes-andre-smith-not-wowing-at-pro-day/

he was heavily criticized for running the 40 without his shirt on by people who found his physique grotesque.

he was heavily criticized for leaving the combine without announcing his departure.

he was mainly drafted because of his play on the field and lack of character concerns.

Can't really compare Andre Smith and Cody as prospects; Smith was generally considered if not the best, one of the top OTs available in the draft.

Cody is more of an intriguing enigma and not ranked among the top 5 DTs in the draft.

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Can't really compare Andre Smith and Cody as prospects; Smith was generally considered if not the best, one of the top OTs available in the draft.

Cody is more of an intriguing enigma and not ranked among the top 5 DTs in the draft.

Top 5? All season long people billed him as a legit Top 15 pick. His style of play is very different then any other. He has no pass rush, but he is a solid wall of a man. Do you think if Hampton or Willaims are gone, the Chargers or Steelers would use a high pick on a NT? Yes. NT makes the 3-4 happen.

01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Gilyard is more quick than fast, that is evident today.

mario
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Wow! Kyle Wilson is doing an outstanding job again today in 1 vs 1 drills. Also the same feel with McCourney.

And Gilyard looking better today.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:24 AM

yes smith was considered the best at what he did, but cody is the best at what he does as well and by that i mean holding his ground.

it would take larry allen to single guard him in the run game.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
no problem.

i just wish more saints fans would realize that terrance cody is the type of defensive tackle that we need and would stop saying that they would be happy with jared odrick in the first round.

cody is almost 100lbs heavier than odrick.

ha. They dumped Thomas for that reason. They are not even going to pay first round money to fat ass.

ToldLikeItIs
Aj could put on a few lbs and play ILB in a 3-4 yes.

RealityCheck
Top 5? All season long people billed him as a legit Top 15 pick.
Not Top 5 players, but Top 5 DTs. I have Cody as my #7 DT myself.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow! Kyle Wilson is doing an outstanding job also today in 1 vs 1 drills. Also the same feel with McCourney.

And Gilyard looking better today.

If Wilson is selling well then Jets have to take him in the lower portion of the first round.

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM

I was also talking about Top 5 DTs. And I guess rankings are generated on what your team need is. Me personally? I am happy with the Saints DTs right now, especially with our need at OLB soon. But if Cody fell to us in the 2nd we better snatch him up. Who are the other 6 DTs? And how are they better then Cody?

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:28 AM
ha. They dumped Thomas for that reason. They are not even going to pay first round money to fat ass.

no.

they dumped thomas because he was old and injury prone. hollis thomas is 36 years old.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:29 AM

same difference. I dont think there will be 5 DT taken within first 15 picks.

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
same difference. I dont think there will be 5 DT taken within first 15 picks.

What does that have to do with the discussion we are having?

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM

defensive tackles break down into several different categories.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2010-nfl-draft/defensive-tackle-rankings.html

nose tackle, 3-technique, 5-technique, uptackle,etc each having different gap responsibilities and expectations.

it's all about where cody ranks at NT that's important.

TACKLE
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I think Alex Carrington could be a nice 3-4 DE. The guy was super productive and has really good bull rush.

Also, Brandon Graham is an animal.

FUNBUNCHER
01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
That fatboy Cody is gonna break some team's heart. A 2nd rounder for a runstopping specialist, even if it's a 34, ( still a bad fit because can't play more than 2 snaps in a row), is way too high.
Cody needs to drop to 345-50# before he becomes a pro player, IMO.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
no.

they dumped thomas because he was old and injury prone. hollis thomas is 36 years old.

Ah same time. Actually Payton wanted Thomas to lose some weight but while he struggled to do that, he was injured.

that does not matter. It is hard to get Cody in good shape. For 1st round money, it is steep as several Carolinians may have better work ethic for mid round money.

01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
The more I see, the more I'm hesitant to give Ducasse a first round grade. A rawer, less athletic Sebastian Vollmer from what I can tell. I do believe he can play LT, just too much of a project there to forecast him into any first round scenario. He'll initially have to start off at RT, much like Vollmer.

fear the elf
01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
The more I see, the more I'm hesitant to give Ducasse a first round grade. A rawer, less athletic Sebastian Vollmer from what I can tell. I do believe he can play LT, just too much of a project there to forecast him into any first round scenario. He'll initially have to start off at RT, much like Vollmer.

Or be drafted by the Browns and be a dominant RT for a decade+, please. :)

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Or be drafted by the Browns and be a dominant RT for a decade+, please. :)

Thomas, Steinbach, Mack, Iupati, Dacasse..... Jizz in my pants :P

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
What does that have to do with the discussion we are having?

Dunno but I think several DT will surpass Cody for top 10 DT.

descendency
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Not when the Patriots trade down to get two third round picks (one this year and one next) with one of the seconds and take McCluster before the Cowboys can get near him. :rolleyes:

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Ah same time. Actually Payton wanted Thomas to lose some weight but while he struggled to do that, he was injured.

that does not matter. It is hard to get Cody in good shape. For 1st round money, it is steep as several Carolinians may have better work ethic for mid round money.

he was injured and old. i think how old he was had more to do with it and also the fact that we had signed clancy.

just because cody is huge doesn't mean he has poor work ethic. the kid produced for his team the past two years when they needed him.

alot of tackles in the league have much higher motors but don't possess ELITE run-stopping skills like cody.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 11:55 AM

Not good enough to be first round LG, also?

kennyb
01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
How can people claim to know how good he is, he's playing in a weak conference.

Reports I read said he was a project.

He also wrecked Shoenfeld's knee.

Sniper
01-26-2010, 11:59 AM
What say you, Bruce Feldman?

http://twitter.com/BFeldmanESPN/status/8243518081

Watching #Michigan's Brandon Graham make O-linemen look silly in Senior Bowl practices.

Super.

LizardState
01-26-2010, 11:59 AM
It comes as little or no surprise that Tebow fumbled snaps or was shone up by LeFevour or Pike as prospective QBs in the drills.

Now when a team falls for the Tebow hype & drafts him to play QB only to discover he's a better fit for TE or H-back they have no excuses.

DT Brandon Graham seems to be the early player with the arrow pointing up, wasnt he the guy from the E-W Shrine game who stood out all day too?He's having a good 2 wks. in all star games, Kiper has inserted him in his latter p/o the 1st rd. in his mock on ESPN.

01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Not good enough to be first round LG, also?

Using Mayock's wording, he looked like a 'fish out of water' when going up against the interior tackles, particularly D'Anthony Smith. He's as much a project there as he would be at LT. His best chance to succeed in the immediate future is at RT, though I would never go as far as saying he's a RT-specific type at all.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 12:05 PM
he was injured and old. i think how old he was had more to do with it and also the fact that we had signed clancy.

just because cody is huge doesn't mean he has poor work ethic. the kid produced for his team the past two years when they needed him.

alot of tackles in the league have much higher motors but don't possess ELITE run-stopping skills like cody.

True. Age is a factor.

Cody is pointed as work ethic problem and it is not just because he is huge. He had been strictly rotational DL for Saban with occasional FB duty. He can be back in 1st round business if he loses 30 weight by the combine (month period).

Saban has high demand on DL/OL's weight. Whether or not Cody met his expectation, Cody still could not play regularly per series. That needs to be checked out.

TACKLE
01-26-2010, 12:05 PM

Super.

I don't think he's been blocked all week. He has won and dominated every single matchup they've shown.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 12:07 PM

Super.

he is short and a lot of OL lack of natural knee bender. Good reason? lol.

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Using Mayock's wording, he looked like a 'fish out of water' when going up against the interior tackles, particularly D'Anthony Smith. He's as much a project there as he would be at LT. His best chance to succeed in the immediate future is at RT, though I would never go as far as saying he's a RT-specific type at all.

oh i see. Shall we find out at end of the week to see if he improves. fingers crossed.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
True. Age is a factor.

Cody is pointed as work ethic problem and it is not just because he is huge. He had been strictly rotational DL for Saban with occasional FB duty. He can be back in 1st round business if he loses 30 weight by the combine (month period).

Saban has high demand on DL/OL's weight. Whether or not Cody met his expectation, Cody still could not play regularly per series. That needs to be checked out.

that's also not completly fair. how many more snaps could he have played on defense if he did not contribute on offense as well?

Sniper
01-26-2010, 12:10 PM
that's also not completly fair. how many more snaps could he have played on defense if he did not contribute on offense as well?

Give me a ******* break. What does he play? 5 offensive snaps per game, if that?

01-26-2010, 12:10 PM
How can people claim to know how good he is, he's playing in a weak conference.

Reports I read said he was a project.

He also wrecked Shoenfeld's knee.

Because there was a good consensus out there that believed he would work his way into the first round. I'm just disputing that fact and, although there were reports that he would be a project, no one really had a clue until he stepped up his level of competition this week. Now I have a fairer gauge of where he stands, though at the same time understanding it's much too early into the evaluation process to state it as the gospel truth.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Give me a ******* break. What does he play? 5 offensive snaps per game, if that?

5 snaps on 3rd and short can affect the outcome of a game.

01-26-2010, 12:15 PM
5 snaps on 3rd and short can affect the outcome of a game.

So, we've gone this far in an attempt to validate his plummeting draft stock?

DiG
01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
ive heard from my sources a few bits on todays practices:

-sydqan thompson has been beat a lot today

-iupati dominating

-vlad not looking like a first rounder

-alex carrington consistently dominating

FuzzyGopher
01-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Tim Tebow and Tony Pike should hang out. Tebow can teach Pike how to lift weights and Pike can teach Tebow how to play quarterback.

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
I wish I had a source.

DiG
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
i actually dont know a lot about carrington. anyone care to gimme the scoop? just the quick reading it looks like he could be a good fit as a 3-4 de or as a rotational ut/de in a 4-3.

ElectricEye
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Tim Tebow and Tony Pike should hang out. Tebow can teach Pike how to lift weights and Pike can teach Tebow how to play quarterback.

Judging from some of the reports coming out, Pike might not be a good guy to teach anybody that.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 12:21 PM
So, we've gone this far in an attempt to validate his draft stock?

you have no idea how many short yardage plays the saints have given up this year.

every 1st or 2nd down play that cody is in the game is important. it could mean the difference between an 3rd and long or 3rd and short which could make the difference between an 3rd down conversion or a 3-and-out.

DiG
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
just saw that justin cole will be filling in for schofield. good chance for cole to show that he can play against top competition.

GoHuskers
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM

He's a gimmick on offense at best, if his team needed him on defense they'd play him. He mad absolutely no plays on offense in the NC game.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
He's a gimmick on offense at best, if his team needed him on defense they'd play him. He mad absolutely no plays on offense in the NC game.

he was in a few plays on offense in that game, i never said he was mike alstott.

all i care about is that you dont see this happen to alabama when cody is in the game on defense.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d815f1a05/Adrian-s-3rd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d815f127b/Peterson-1-yard-TD-run

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d81516a05/Marion-Barber-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d814ec50e/Snelling-4-yard-TD

if your team doesn't need him, fine. the saints could really use him.

GoHuskers
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
he was in a few plays on offense in that game, i never said he was mike alstott.

all i care about is that you dont see this happen to alabama when cody is in the game on defense.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d815f1a05/Adrian-s-3rd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d815f127b/Peterson-1-yard-TD-run

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d81516a05/Marion-Barber-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d814ec50e/Snelling-4-yard-TD

if your team doesn't need him, fine. the saints could really use him.

I know he was in the game on offense, in fact he almost had as many snaps on offense as he did defense(he had more offense than defense in the 2nd half, which is pathetic). The reason teams can't run on bama when he's in is because the team is good, the same **** happens with their backups in.

steelernation77
01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
I would just like to point out that although Cody may be only a 2-down player, many 3-4 teams are fine with that from a NT. Casey Hampton is generally removed on passing downs, and he was first round selection.

That being said, I think Cody will definitely have to get in better shape.

P-L
01-26-2010, 12:59 PM
I didn't expect Tebow to do great, but I am surprised just at how bad he's been. It looks like he can kiss all the first round talk goodbye.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I know he was in the game on offense, in fact he almost had as many snaps on offense as he did defense(he had more offense than defense in the 2nd half, which is pathetic). The reason teams can't run on bama when he's in is because the team is good, the same **** happens with their backups in.

how many snaps do you expect him to receive when texas passed 42 times and only ran 17?

why does nick saban turn to cody as his starting Nose tackle if he isn't better than his backups? is it because they have a torrid love affair going or is it because he is saban's nephew?

zachsaints52
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I didn't expect Tebow to do great, but I am surprised just at how bad he's been. It looks like he can kiss all the first round talk goodbye.

I think his intagebles alone wont let him fall out of the 2nd

GoHuskers
01-26-2010, 01:12 PM
how many snaps do you expect him to receive when texas passed 42 times and only ran 17?

why does nick saban turn to cody as his starting Nose tackle if he isn't better than his backups? is it because they have a torrid love affair going or is it because he is saban's nephew?

I'd expect a talented player to be more than a 10 play a game guy. And I have no clue why he starts really, they'd be better off running a 4-3 but he wants to run the 3-4 so he throws out Cody. If Cody is so good then why doesn't he play more snaps than his backups? Even against florida he played limited snaps against an inside run team. Its been that way all season, he takes 30% of the snaps at best. Not good, and what will happen to his strength if he loses weight so he can play?

YotoJets007
01-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Easy, it was a college bully.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd expect a talented player to be more than a 10 play a game guy. And I have no clue why he starts really, they'd be better off running a 4-3 but he wants to run the 3-4 so he throws out Cody. If Cody is so good then why doesn't he play more snaps than his backups? Even against florida he played limited snaps against an inside run team. Its been that way all season, he takes 30% of the snaps at best. Not good, and what will happen to his strength if he loses weight so he can play?

has it ever occurred to you that his backups may play so much because he does such a good job stopping the run early in games that it helps alabama gather so much of an early lead that it allows the pass-rush specialist an opportunity to get onto the field because the opposition has to pass to get back into the game.

i mean look at some of the scores of alabama games this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=333

those teams weren't going to run their way back into the game y'know?

that is cody helping to make the other team predictable by taking their balance away.

nofalcons10
01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Easy, it was a college bully.

cody threatened to eat saban's kids? Plausible.

Babylon
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM

Are you watching these drills or is this second hand info? I'm leery of some of these so called experts out there.