PDA

View Full Version : AJ Edds

toddmlazarchick
01-31-2010, 11:50 AM
What do you think his stock is after the senior bowl? Is 4th or 5th too late for him?

steelernation77
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
What do you think his stock is after the senior bowl? Is 4th or 5th too late for him?

I think Edds is going to work out pretty well at the combine. He was known at Iowa for his ability to cover WRs in the slot, which makes me think he will test pretty well in speed and agility drills. I could see 4th round, but I think he may go a little higher.

Babylon
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
He may be the best coverage LB in the draft along with Washington out of TCU. The way defenses get carved up over the middle these days he may be in demand there. If he can add some upper body bulk he could get up into the 2nd i believe.

J-Mike88
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
He may be the best coverage LB in the draft along with Washington out of TCU. The way defenses get carved up over the middle these days he may be in demand there.
In our playoff exit to Warner's Cardinals, he was 22/23 in between the numbers against us. So, if this guy is a great cover LBer, I would have some serious interest in him.

CLong4Heisman
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
told in 3...2...1.....

ToldLikeItIs
01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Similar draft position to Bradley Fletcher.

BUT, if he runs a 4.57 or sometihng crazy, anything, including first round, is possible.

ToldLikeItIs
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Seems fair.

toddmlazarchick
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
im hoping he is there for the skins in the 4th. if we are switching to a 3-4 we need another LB

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Depending on who is still available, I would have no problems with the Bears taking him in the 3rd.

iowatreat54
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Depending on who is still available, I would have no problems with the Bears taking him in the 3rd.

I would jizz in my pants.

Edds would be absolutely perfect for the Bears defense.

Also, he can longsnap. BALLERRR

SenorGato
02-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Lets see...great size, athleticism, tackling ability, high motor guy, well coached and from a good program...One of my favorite LB prospects in this draft...almost wish the Jets didn't have two awesome ILBs because he'd make a very versatile, very useful, very good 3-4 ILB....LB, period.

Random question, but anyone have any thoughts on Sam Maxwell from Kentucky?

adamprez2003
02-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Lets see...great size, athleticism, tackling ability, high motor guy, well coached and from a good program...One of my favorite LB prospects in this draft...almost wish the Jets didn't have two awesome ILBs because he'd make a very versatile, very useful, very good 3-4 ILB....LB, period.

Random question, but anyone have any thoughts on Sam Maxwell from Kentucky? i only scouted one kentucky game this year, vs Tennessee. i have no notes on him but i gave him a 5.0 grade (1-10 scale, 7.0 being good, 7.5 very good)basically a 5.0 under my system means at best a backup and more likely out of the league within a couple of years. For what its worth FB John Conner, DT Corey Peters and CB Trevor Lindley were the only prospects that stood out to me in that game

Grizzlegom
02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
if miami doesnt get McClain in the first or Spikes in the second, I'd hope we took Edds in the third.

kennyb
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
mcshay i think it is, says he's an udfa.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
You better be joking or i'll neg your puny rep on principle alone.

FUNBUNCHER
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
UDFA??

Edds is underrated, and if he demonstrates 4.75 range speed or better and decent strength, I can't see how he isn't drafted.
He was super productive at Iowa and looks like he can get even bigger.

Poor man's Rolando McClain.

kennyb
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
You better be joking or i'll neg your puny rep on principle alone.

That makes no sense. You "neg" me if I'm telling the truth? Here's what someone wrote on another board

---------------------------

Todd McShay has a rating of all the senior bowl performers (link below for those who subscribe). He rates Edds 13th out of the 14 LBs in Mobile.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4882795

He's ahead of Antonio Coleman (Auburn). McShay doesn't say a thing about him and doesn't have a profile of him. Has him graded as a UDFA at the moment.

Coleman, on the other hand, is ranked as a 3rd round prospect. So I really don't understand what this rating is about.
---------------

I have nothing against this guy. So EAT IT. I'll neg rep you for being illogical.

Jakey
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
3/4th round...prefect 3-4 ILB!

Reminds me of Stewart Bradley.

ToldLikeItIs
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Stewart Bradley?

AJ goes out of his way not to rush the quarterback. He plays in space, and does it well. What separates him is his ability in run support due to his size.

The best comparison I can think of is Dansby.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-05-2010, 12:24 PM
That makes no sense. You "neg" me if I'm telling the truth? Here's what someone wrote on another board

---------------------------

Todd McShay has a rating of all the senior bowl performers (link below for those who subscribe). He rates Edds 13th out of the 14 LBs in Mobile.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4882795

He's ahead of Antonio Coleman (Auburn). McShay doesn't say a thing about him and doesn't have a profile of him. Has him graded as a UDFA at the moment.

Coleman, on the other hand, is ranked as a 3rd round prospect. So I really don't understand what this rating is about.
---------------

I have nothing against this guy. So EAT IT. I'll neg rep you for being illogical.

lol I will eat nothing, tough guy. It was a joke. Word to the wise, stop listening to Todd McShay. He's the one I have a problem with, not you. How could I have read what you posted and gotten angry at you? That would be illogical..

PossibleCabbage
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
If nothing else, having Edds as a UDFA at this point is more of an indictment of McShay than it is of anything else. That being said, ESPN's coverage of, well, everything is notorious for neglecting the middle of the country.

Babylon
02-05-2010, 02:55 PM
UDFA??

Edds is underrated, and if he demonstrates 4.75 range speed or better and decent strength, I can't see how he isn't drafted.
He was super productive at Iowa and looks like he can get even bigger.

Poor man's Rolando McClain.

Yeah he sort of falls into that Scott Fujita category to me, not overly physical but mobile and a very smart football player. Fujita was a 5th round pick so i would think McShay could have at least given Edds that. McShay is even annoying to look at.

brat316
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Stewart Bradley?

AJ goes out of his way not to rush the quarterback. He plays in space, and does it well. What separates him is his ability in run support due to his size.

The best comparison I can think of is Dansby.

Stewart Bradley was and up and coming MLB. His greatest strength was to stop the run becuase of his size. You can see how the eagles suffered in run stopping when he went out in the start of the season.

wicket
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
i think edds is a pure 4-3 slb with a late 3rd round grade imo. Lack of upside might make him drafted later then current playing level ought to deserve

Foosballphan
02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
This is an old article but because it is from nfl.com I'm assuming it's credible and the time is from pro day last year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811d9a94&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
"He ran a 4.68 in the spring"
I don't know if this is accurate but I keep seeing him compared to Ben Leber.