PDA

View Full Version : LeGarrette Blount

soybean
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
So after a strong senior bowl and good practices, where is he projected to go now?

Scott's notes say he runs high but with a lot of power. Also the most impressive back from mobile.

How big of an impact will his "character concerns" play in his draft stock after he's shown he can really play?

RealityCheck
01-31-2010, 04:19 PM
In a league where we have weirdos such as Terrell Owens, Esteban Ochocinco and Al Davis, do we care about character anymore??

Thumper
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
In a league where we have weirdos such as Terrell Owens, Esteban Ochocinco and Al Davis, do we care about character anymore??

WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern. I'd also like to note that none of those guys were suspended prior to the season ever starting for breaking team rules, then after the first game of the season they punched an opposing player and tried to fight fans and he is supposedly lazy and unmotivated. TO is egotistical but he has never done anything that stupid. And wtf does Al Davis have to do with this?

Also my guess is late third, early fourth and he will be a complimentary running back, character concerns or not he is a huge back with supreme power, like Brandon Jacobs only more decisive and aggressive. Plus word is that he is built really well meaning he carries his weight well and looks proportional so he isn't a Lenwhale White kind of power back.

RealityCheck
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern. I'd also like to note that none of those guys were suspended prior to the season ever starting for breaking team rules, then after the first game of the season they punched an opposing player and tried to fight fans and he is supposedly lazy and unmotivated. TO is egotistical but he has never done anything that stupid. And wtf does Al Davis have to do with this?
This was supposed to be a joke, you know.

soybean
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
i hate to go off topic but in response to your post, ocho cinco did throw a punch at marvin lewis in the locker room. And TO went from being a top 3 WR in the league to a journeyman.

regoob2
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
i hate to go off topic but in response to your post, ocho cinco did throw a punch at marvin lewis in the locker room. And TO went from being a top 3 WR in the league to a journeyman.
Nobody is TO other then PacMan Jones. I think Blount will go in the 4-5th round.

GoRavens
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I like Blount a lot as a prospect.
Michael Bush clone IMO, strong, but very nimble.
no way he falls past the 5th round...

Saints-Tigers
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
If Mike Bell is let go, we want him.

soybean
01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
If Mike Bell is let go, we want him.

wouldn't you guys rather keep him rather pay bush?

JFLO
01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
4th-5th round is my guess.

I personally like him as a change of pace back, but nothing too special. I think he'll have a decent career as either that or a solid back-up at the next level. Just has to keep his head on straight.

Saints-Tigers
01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
wouldn't you guys rather keep him rather pay bush?

No, not even almost.

It's apparent nobody has even paid attention to Bush this year haha.

BaLLiN
01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
idk why, he reminds me of tony hunt, psu alum now free agent, was mvp of senior bowl, a RB/FB mix really, but didnt work in philly.

Duffman57
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
idk why, he reminds me of tony hunt, psu alum now free agent, was mvp of senior bowl, a RB/FB mix really, but didnt work in philly.

He's alot different then a RB/FB mix. He is a true power runner in a league with little depth there for a guy that big who can move that well. He reminds me alot of a Michael Bush/Brandon Jacobs mix who has pretty good vision and great power along with great feet. If he can keep his head on strait and keep his cool (for the record, i dont think he really has problems. He's a guy who made one mistake and has to live with the consequences.) then he could be a Jacobs kind of back where he is a primary back in a 2 or 3 back set.

descendency
01-31-2010, 05:58 PM
WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern.

Not until your team starts losing anyways.

edit: Reggie Bush is one of the best playoff running backs ever... lol

Saints-Tigers
01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Not until your team starts losing anyways.

edit: Reggie Bush is one of the best playoff running backs ever... lol

It's not even that, if Bell were better running the ball, it might be an argument, but he's a battering ram and that's it.

Mike Bell had 172 carries, 3.8 yards per carry and 5 TDs

Reggie had 70 carries, 5.6 yards per carry and 5 TDs

But still, Reggie is elite as a receiver, elite as a blocker, and elite as a return man, and Bell offers nothing in any of those areas.

I like Bell, and all 3 of our RBs can't seem to stay healthy, but Thomas and Bush should have got many more of Bell's carries sometimes, but he got a lot of his when games were out of hand and we didn't want to run Thomas/Bush into the ground.

A big battering ram could fill the Bell void so easily, if he could catch like Michael Bush, he'd be so amazing here....

holt_bruce81
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I say he goes in the 3rd round. I just hope he isn't drafted by an NFC West team, unless it's the Rams lol

BaLLiN
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
He's alot different then a RB/FB mix. He is a true power runner in a league with little depth there for a guy that big who can move that well. He reminds me alot of a Michael Bush/Brandon Jacobs mix who has pretty good vision and great power along with great feet. If he can keep his head on strait and keep his cool (for the record, i dont think he really has problems. He's a guy who made one mistake and has to live with the consequences.) then he could be a Jacobs kind of back where he is a primary back in a 2 or 3 back set.

Tony hunt was more of a runningback than brandon jacobs is, he and michael bush are very similar but i dont know the reasoning behind hunt not succeeding. Blount was in a weird offense so its hard to understand how he'll project.

BaLLiN
01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
tony hunt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

legarrette blount:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-18rW2muM

seem very similar IMO

Brothgar
01-31-2010, 07:33 PM
With the combine still withstanding I say he will be late 3rd early 4th. Lions, Rams (if S-Jax is traded), durring Scott's podcast the guy from Walter Football threw out the name Bengals but def. before round 5 is over. A great combine could solidify an early 3rd or drop him to the late 5th early 6th.

Hines
01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
I want the Steelers to get Blount in the fifth round.

Duffman57
02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
tony hunt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

legarrette blount:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-18rW2muM

seem very similar IMO

It might be just me but it seems like Blount is HUGE compared to hunt. Another thing with hunt I saw was that I never saw him just run through someone with authority like blount did. It might just be the video but it didn't look like hunt was very physical at all.

Nalej
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
If the Pats don't draft a RB in the 1st two rounds then Blount in the 4th would be a still for us IMO

ndbigdave
02-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I will be curious to see how he does at the combine, but there are way too many flags for me to be comfortable with him before the 4th. His work ethic in the classroom had him going to JUCO, once given a chance in college he shows up for his senior year out of shape and disinterested. Thats even before you start to critique his running style and physical abilities.

Blount does run high (a kiss of death for a RB of his style/build).

I doubt his ability has a receiver out of the backfield.

He doesnt show the explosiveness or straight line speed to be a home-run threat.

He is a change of pace, short yardage guy who happens to run high. He certainly could be worked on to fix some stylistic issues, but with his past character issues I dont know if I want to risk it until the 4th or later.

yourfavestoner
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I like Blount a lot as a prospect.
Michael Bush clone IMO, strong, but very nimble.
no way he falls past the 5th round...

I haven't seen enouhg of Blount to say whether it's a valid comparison or not but...

I hate hate hate hate when people compare big backs to Michael Bush like it's supposed to be a compliment. Bush was ******* terrible. He was able to produce in college because he was bigger than everybody else and had decent speed. But if you watched him run, he was just another 250 pounder who thought he was a scat back simply because he had decent feet. It's the same problem Lendale White and Ron Dayne had.

Saints-Tigers
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Hard to compare Blount to Bush too because Mike was a great receiver, and Blount has like 2 catches.

niel89
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Who would you rather take between Blount and Gerhart considering draft position?

The both are bigger backs, who run more upright, some view them as RB/FB, neither is a home run threat, both can immediately contribute as short yardage guys, aren't proven pass catchers.

Blount has more character issues but he also may have more upside physically. Also Blount will be a lower pick then Gerhart.

Please keep race out of this. Im sick of that crap.

djp
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Who would you rather take between Blount and Gerhart considering draft position?

The both are bigger backs, who run more upright, some view them as RB/FB, neither is a home run threat, both can immediately contribute as short yardage guys, aren't proven pass catchers.

Blount has more character issues but he also may have more upside physically. Also Blount will be a lower pick then Gerhart.

Depends on what you're looking for. Gerhart's a better workhorse type prospect, Blount's a better 10-12 carry per game guy like Michael Bush. Neither will be a fullback (at least a successful one) in the NFL.

I think Gerhart at the least is a Moe Williams type goal line back that can give you 5-6 solid years. I don't know if Blount can fulfill that same role with the way he runs. Best case scenario he's Brandon Jacobs, but it's unlikely.

Duffman57
02-01-2010, 09:01 PM

It might just be me, but i see alot more potential with Blount. Yah he can get hot headed sometimes, but guys can change. Im sick of hearing about his "problems" as much as you are about the race, but people aren't gonna forget it. Gerhart reminds me WAY too much of Jacob Hester in terms of running style but that may just be me (not saying that he is gonna be a FB in the NFL, but just same type of blue collar running style). I see alot more shiftieness with Blount and i think he can lower his shoulder just as well. And if you haven't caught on by now, its Blount for me.

lod01
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Has Blount had issues beyond the one crazy punch? Yeah it was bad but Steve Smith clocked a teammate and Michael Westbrook (he sucked) beat the **** out of S. Davis. Both after being drafted of course.

SloppyJoe
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
LeGarrette Blount was a no show at Oregon's pro day

Scotty D
03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
LeGarrette Blount was a no show at Oregon's pro day

Apparently Oregon has two pro-days (why force scouts to Oregon twice), and he could be scheduled for the one next week. Per Scheftys twitter

RWills
03-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Pats told him not to show so they can draft him in round 7 (I Wish)

Babylon
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Apparently Oregon has two pro-days (why force scouts to Oregon twice), and he could be scheduled for the one next week. Per Scheftys twitter

Once would be too much for me.

PossibleCabbage
03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Once would be too much for me.

Why? The Ducks have quite probably the best facilities in NCAA football.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Why? The Ducks have quite probably the best facilities in NCAA football.

I live in Washington and avoid Oregon whenever i can. I do like the coast though. Dont get me started on Phil Knight.

Jakey
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I dont think his character concerns are that bad, he threw a punch because he got pissed off...who hasnt? He has apparently grown up allot since then, mainly due to the birth of his kid, and says it was a one off. I actually like the kid, he seems mature in his interviews and truly wants to prove that he isnt a bad kid.

In terms of talent he's a round 2/3 pick. Id take him in the 3rd without a doubt.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I dont think his character concerns are that bad, he threw a punch because he got pissed off...who hasnt? He has apparently grown up allot since then, mainly due to the birth of his kid, and says it was a one off. I actually like the kid, he seems mature in his interviews and truly wants to prove that he isnt a bad kid.

In terms of talent he's a round 2/3 pick. Id take him in the 3rd without a doubt.

His combine numbers would probably indicate he's a 4th or 5th round pick even if you discount his past. When you're a mid round pick scouts tend not to want to overlook the minor details.