PDA

View Full Version : Post Senior Bowl Big Board 2/1/10

djp
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
1. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska - Dominant and productive, what more do you need? Suh and McCoy are two of the best I've seen in years. Impacts the play consistently.

2. Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma - After rewatching McCoy, the gap is closing. Combine and Pro Day will be huge.. he's already producing and his upside is higher than Suh's, in my opinion. He could be Kevin Williams part 2.

3. Eric Berry S Tennessee - He's gotten better technically with each of his three years at Tennessee. Will not be an instant impact safety but give him a year and he'll be traveling to many Pro Bowls. Need to see easier tackles from him. He just looks like he is exerting so much energy to get a guy down sometimes unlike other elite NFL safeties.

4. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State - Haters gonna hate... he's got rare feet and is very nimble. Intelligent and reactive player. He's not a dominating run blocker, but if the Super Bowl is any indication, passing the ball is en vogue and he protects the guy that does it better than anyone in this draft. Great character as well.

5. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma - More upside and from the surface appears to have better intangibles than Clausen. Above average in every single facet except accuracy where he is at a rare level. I don't think the system is a huge concern for him. They make lots of NFL throws at OU. Just not the same route combos.

6. Rolando McClain LB Alabama - Love him. Many Pro Bowls in his future in the right scheme. Every tool in the book with a streak of nastiness. Ready to be inserted into an NFL defense and eat ballcarriers from Day 1. His FBI (football instincts) are the best I have seen since Patrick Willis. 3-4 ILB is his best position imo.

7. Earl Thomas S Texas - Actually very similar to Eric Berry. Berry is more filled out in the lower half but Thomas is just as rangy. Best suited as a read and react type safety that can play the deep half similar to Ed Reed.

8. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State - Ummm.. YouTube this kid's highlights and tell me he's not the best WR in this class. He's got some things to work on but he's got all the abilities you look for in a #1 NFL WR. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on the character concerns.. his teammates love him.

9. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame - I think he's more NFL ready than Sam Bradford. Weis taught him a ton of little things that some NFL quarterbacks don't do yet in their careers. He got beat up bad at ND yet still came back every single time. Underrated leader as well. He floats his deep balls a bit and loses his mechanics at times but he's going to make a team very happy if he's not asked to throw it 35-40 times a game and continually strech teams vertically.

10. CJ Spiller RB Clemson - No prospect was helped more by the success of Ray Rice than Spiller. Somebody's going to take this kid in the top 10-15 picks and he's going to make them very happy. I'm not saying he's as good an inside runner as Rice, because he's not, but, come on. Baltimore made the playoffs with Rice getting 25% of Flacco's completions. Classic triple threat with running, receiving, and returning. He has the rare ability to run vertical routes out of the backfield and actually catch the ball over his shoulder. Electric and versatile. Good combo.

11. Joe Haden CB Florida - It's a weak corner class overall, but I think present day Joe Haden would have been taken first in the '08, '09, and '10 drafts. He's got the it factor you want in your corner, the nobody's gonna beat me mentality that every single great corner has. He's got good-to-very good cover ability and has shown the tendency to come in and support the run pretty effectively. No physical limitations with this kid.

12. Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech - Morgan is a guy who doesn't jump out when watching him, but he quietly produces and produces. Very productive with a great frame. I don't know if he's explosive enough to be a truly dominant NFL DE. He definitely can't play OLB in a 3-4. Reminds me a lot of Justin Smith.

13. Anthony Davis OT Rutgers - You're taking this kid for upside. He's got McKinnie-like ability when motivated. If you get him pissed, none shall pass. He just seems lazy out there. Maybe it's because he plays for Rutgers and doesn't get to be in the spotlight much, but I dunno. I think an NFL OL coach gets effort out of him. Weight and character concerns. He looks chubby.

14a. Daryl Washington WLB TCU - Probably the highest on Big Daryl than anyone here, but I love the kid. He's explosive, he's a huge hitter, he excels in pass coverage, he's got great intangibles. Chad Greenway on steroids. He needs to work on shedding blockers, but he can get around a good amount of them using his agility before he's engaged. If he gets put into a 4-3 defense at weakside linebacker, he's gonna be a stud for somebody.

14b. Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri - Couldn't justify putting Weatherspoon lower than Washington. I really like both these kids. He's got the leadership you want with tools that line up for days. I would prefer Washington due to his nastiness, but Weatherspoon really impressed me at the Senior Bowl all week.

15. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma - He's going to either be a stud right tackle or an above average left tackle for someone. I don't know if he's got the composure at the next level. I saw lapses in judgement and overall play during big games this year (Miami game comes to mind specifically) I know have some concerns about his arm length, but his punch is really good and he can use his temper to his advantage. Good balance of run and pass blocking ability. I think he's best at right tackle personally.

16. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma - He reminds me of a better blocking Jermichael Finley. Rare for a kid his size to explode off the line and into his route like Gresham does. He will be able to split out wide at times in the NFL. Reliable hands. He's not a burner in a straight line, but he's agile enough. Not sure if he can break a lot of tackles at the next level, someone will have to work with him on that. Underrated blocker who uses his pads really well but lacks true strength.

17. Dan Williams DT Tennessee - He's leapt miles ahead of Terrence Cody after Senior Bowl week. A much better frame than Cody, although he tires in games. Unbelievable lower body strength. You have to watch this kid individually in game. He is like a magnet for blockers. I saw him take on 2 guys and chip a pulling guard numerous times versus SEC offenses. Yeah, he's a 2 down player, but he's not completely useless as a pass rusher as he has a pretty good bull rush. If you're looking for a 3-4 NT, he's your man this year.

18. Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan - Classic rush backer. There are concerns he is going to be the same player in 5 years than he is now, but I think that current player's pretty damn good. The Woodley comparisons are almost scary. I think Graham can drop into a zone decent enough. His FBI are in the upper tier of players in this draft. Uses his height as a weapon as a pass rusher. He gets loooooooooooooow.

19. Mike Iupati OG Idaho - I just don't value guard play as much as some other people, especially with the lack of quality interior line play in the NFL. He's as good a guard prospect as they get. He's a second level seeking missile. It's almost comical to watch him during games this year against the teams they played. He'd move from guy to guy like a SNES Mario game map after you beat a level. I don't anticipate stunts and twists effecting him that much, but he didn't really see a lot of that in college so you have to wonder how quickly he adjusts to that.

20. Brian Price DT UCLA - Has any first round player accumulated less hype than Brian Price? He's a solid prospect with a blend of size, mean streak, and athleticism. I question his technique, I think he gets too high way too much and gets pushed back if he doesn't beat his defender initially. He's not strong as an ox strong, but it's adequate. Should be a solid NFL player who contributes for a long time. Very coachable and has upside.

21. Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF - I just haven't seen enough from him to justify as a top 5 pick. If Carlos Dunlap is not a top 5 pick, neither is JPP. No real production to speak of and a very small body of work to look at. He's got great size and a frame that can add some weight. Good first step and showed some versatility as a pass rusher. He's just not good against the run. He does not show any ability to get rid of blockers once engaged. His hands don't look great to me. Also questionable football instincts. He just doesn't seem totally "there" all the time.

22. Taylor Mays S USC - Probably too low for Mays, I'll admit. He didn't impress me this year after looking great as a sophomore and junior. I don't know if it was the loss of talent around him or he just got worse? He will go in Round 1 because you just don't find athletes like him very often. I think he can be a legit NFL safety with some seasoning. Should be an impact special teamer in year 1.

23. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa - I just keep getting reminded of that Michigan game. He just looked miserable versus Brandon Graham. Graham is good, but can Bulaga continually block NFL defensive ends? He looked better in other games that I saw him, though. I love his hands versus speed guys. I just don't know if he will hold up physically versus the bull rush. Steady improvement as a run blocker, will come if he can get stronger. I think he's best off sitting on the bench for a year. Combine will be huge for him.

24. Everson Griffen DE USC - It doesn't get any more draft cliche than Everson Griffen. "Inconsistent pass rusher with considerable talent". All the talent in the world, but you just didn't hear his name called that much. He needs to get nasty and play with a chip on his shoulder.

25. Chad Jones S LSU - These are going to get shorter, but long story short, he's a violent player who has a great frame and needs to show more consistency.

26. Carlos Dunlap DE Florida - See Griffen, Everson.

27. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois - Very physical receiver with some juke to him. Very good YAC receiver. I don't think he'll ever be a #1 but he will put up good numbers if relied upon.

28. Golden Tate WR Notre Dame - He's a weird prospect. He's not a burner, he's not particularly physical, and his route running could be better. But it's unique for someone to go and get the ball like he does. He routinely beat press (see USC game) and his hands are silky. Excels at areas most prospects need improvement in. Boom or bust.

29. Jahvid Best RB California - Poor man's CJ Spiller. Underrated as a receiver. Miserable pass blocker and has concussion concerns. Touchdown maker. He's surprisingly tough inside, but he always seems to look for the sidelines after the first level. He's pretty clearly not capable of being a reliable 3-down back. His jukes are absolutely filthy.

30. Ed Dickson TE Oregon - He along with Daryl Washington are my favorite "under the radar" type guys. Dickson looked great from what I saw in Mobile and I've said before he reminds me a lot of Visanthe Shiancoe.

Whew, that was a lot of writing. 2,083 words. Feedback welcome!

RealityCheck
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Daryl Washington has the speed of a CB and the strength of a DT.

TheRoo
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
You did a good job of making every player sound like the best player ever.

YAYareaRB
Question.. How far do you think Chad Jones shoots up if he has a great combine/workouts and interviews?

diabsoule
Although Dan Williams would be my ideal player to the Saints I am starting to develop a man crush on Daryl Washington. Spoon would also look spiffy in the Black and Gold but I think Washington has more upside.

djp
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Question.. How far do you think Chad Jones shoots up if he has a great combine/workouts and interviews?

I think he's a fringe first rounder if the draft was tomorrow. If he is great the rest of the way, I would guess around 15-20. I think the Giants take a long hard look at him if Thomas is gone.

Although Dan Williams would be my ideal player to the Saints I am starting to develop a man crush on Daryl Washington. Spoon would also look spiffy in the Black and Gold but I think Washington has more upside.

Either of those 3 players fit the bill for New Orleans. I am not sure New Orleans has quite the stout run defending lineman for Washington to be at his peak.. he's not going to win versus NFL guards when he's engaged. I think Weatherspoon is a better fit as he's slightly more polished in that regard. Dan Williams doesn't look like he's going to be there at 32 or 31 for NO.

djp
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
You did a good job of making every player sound like the best player ever.

haha, probably. It's a very good draft class with lots of solid top 15 picks, however. But point taken. I'll try to be more critical next time, although I think I addressed most of the weaknesses for each player.

Prowler
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
i have a hard time coming up with these type boards because i have to almost have a specific team in mind to determine rank. i do agree with okung at #4. sergio and von miller were neutralized this year and i can't remember him having a truly bad game. position importance should keep him in top 5.

djp
02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Just to elaborate on Chad Jones a bit more.. he got lost on his own sometimes with some similarities in coverage to another former LSU safety in LaRon Landry. Not quite the same frequency in lapses than Landry, but I can see him being exploited when isolated one-on-one like Landry did. He's never been 100% committed to football as he doesn't get a lot of offseason training in due to his baseball.

He's a heck of a baseball player, by the way. I remember his dreads hanging from his cap at the CWS last year and he was throwing gas as a lefty.

djp
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
i have a hard time coming up with these type boards because i have to almost have a specific team in mind to determine rank. i do agree with okung at #4. sergio and von miller were neutralized this year and i can't remember him having a truly bad game. position importance should keep him in top 5.

Okung is not a wowing type lineman like Andre Smith was last year. I think that's why people rank him below where he should be. He's got the hands and feet of an elite pass protector. He will go in the top 5 barring an injury or miserable meltdown in Indy. The numbers and video don't lie.

iowatreat54
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
23. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa - I just keep getting reminded of that Michigan game. He just looked miserable versus Brandon Graham. Graham is good, but can Bulaga continually block NFL defensive ends? He looked better in other games that I saw him, though. I love his hands versus speed guys. I just don't know if he will hold up physically versus the bull rush. Steady improvement as a run blocker, will come if he can get stronger. I think he's best off sitting on the bench for a year. Combine will be huge for him.

Just as a general comment since a lot of people all over reference it, I still don't understand how people look at the Michigan game as just another game for Bulaga. Bulaga missed 3 weeks due to his thyroid condition. He wasn't cleared to play until the middle of the week leading up to the Arkansas St. game in week 5. Bulaga basically went 21 days of the 2009 season without any meaningful practice or workouts (he had a couple "workouts" to gauge whether he could return, but they were light and short).

His first full week of practice came the week leading up to the Michigan game the following week. I think it's pretty safe to assume he was a little rusty and out of shape, and don't think many players would be anywhere near 100% with only a week of practice.

I don't think using his first 2 weeks back after not working out for 3 weeks are very accurate gauges, considering every other game he's started the last 2 seasons he has pretty much been absolutely dominant.

As a second note, specifically to djp, I was kind of confused where you reference his run blocking. Did you mean he can improve as a run blocker? If so, I'm very confused. Bulaga's biggest strength is that he is an absolutely dominant run blocker, probably the best in this class. His pass blocking can improve a lot and is probably what will hurt his stock.

djp
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Just as a general comment since a lot of people all over reference it, I still don't understand how people look at the Michigan game as just another game for Bulaga. Bulaga missed 3 weeks due to his thyroid condition. He wasn't cleared to play until the middle of the week leading up to the Arkansas St. game in week 5. Bulaga basically went 21 days of the 2009 season without any meaningful practice or workouts (he had a couple "workouts" to gauge whether he could return, but they were light and short).

His first full week of practice came the week leading up to the Michigan game the following week. I think it's pretty safe to assume he was a little rusty and out of shape, and don't think many players would be anywhere near 100% with only a week of practice.

I don't think using his first 2 weeks back after not working out for 3 weeks are very accurate gauges, considering every other game he's started the last 2 seasons he has pretty much been absolutely dominant.

As a second note, specifically to djp, I was kind of confused where you reference his run blocking. Did you mean he can improve as a run blocker? If so, I'm very confused. Bulaga's biggest strength is that he is an absolutely dominant run blocker, probably the best in this class. His pass blocking can improve a lot and is probably what will hurt his stock.

The comment was meant as it has improved steadily in his time there but I don't think he's got the brute strength to be a dominant run blocker right away. He's got very good technique, but I just don't see him getting the same push in year 1 until he gets stronger. I should have worded that better, my mistake.

As far as the Michigan game comment, that's a very good point. That was by far the worst game he played and I don't disagree that the condition didn't negatively impact his play. He's been bull rushed in college more often than most 1st round tackle prospects, though. It wasn't just that one game.

iowatreat54
02-01-2010, 07:57 PM
The comment was meant as it has improved steadily in his time there but I don't think he's got the brute strength to be a dominant run blocker right away. He's got very good technique, but I just don't see him getting the same push in year 1 until he gets stronger. I should have worded that better, my mistake.

As far as the Michigan game comment, that's a very good point. That was by far the worst game he played and I don't disagree that the condition didn't negatively impact his play. He's been bull rushed in college more often than most 1st round tackle prospects, though. It wasn't just that one game.

Ok, I was just wondering because the wording confused me. :( Thanks for clarification, I pretty much agree with that.

To the second point, I also agree. It sucks that it basically was a perfect storm of just coming off injury to face Graham, and even then Schofield the next week. Like I said before, his pass blocking needs work, and you're correct he tends to get bull rushed more often then he should.

I think Bulaga is seen as a really good OT prospect because of his athleticism, technique, and the fact that he really doesn't need to improve his run blocking outside of adding strength. While it will probably happen once draft day draws nearer, I'm really glad there haven't been many comparisons to Gallery because that would be the worst comparison some could make.

Also, I meant to say earlier but forgot, but great job djp on the list.

djp
02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok, I was just wondering because the wording confused me. :( Thanks for clarification, I pretty much agree with that.

To the second point, I also agree. It sucks that it basically was a perfect storm of just coming off injury to face Graham, and even then Schofield the next week. Like I said before, his pass blocking needs work, and you're correct he tends to get bull rushed more often then he should.

I think Bulaga is seen as a really good OT prospect because of his athleticism, technique, and the fact that he really doesn't need to improve his run blocking outside of adding strength. While it will probably happen once draft day draws nearer, I'm really glad there haven't been many comparisons to Gallery because that would be the worst comparison some could make.

But they're both from Iowa...

I like him, I just don't see him having the impact that Okung or Trent Williams have early and I don't know if Bulaga ever gets better than either of those two. Add in the fact that Anthony Davis is also a raw LT (and most including myself see Davis having more upside than Bulaga) and Bulaga is kinda caught in a numbers game.

I could see him being the best tackle in the draft down the road, and I think he's a safe bet of at least being a solid left tackle in the Jeff Backus mold (and I don't think anyone picking in the 20's will have a problem with that)

prock
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
good **** djp. you are a lot higher on earlz and bradford than i am, but i agree with most things you said.

JFLO
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm just has high on Washington as you are, but I'm not fully convinced he is good in coverage. He definitely has the athleticism to cover deep middle, but it seems he just gets confused at times and will be too late when defending the ball.

I agree with you that he definitely isn't strong or consistent enough to consistently contain NFL blocks and shed them, but he has Pro-Bowl potential written all over him.

D-Unit
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
1. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska - Dominant and productive, what more do you need? Suh and McCoy are two of the best I've seen in years. Impacts the play consistently.

Best DT since Russell Maryland. As a Miami fan, I think that you realize how high priase that is. ;)

2. Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma - After rewatching McCoy, the gap is closing. Combine and Pro Day will be huge.. he's already producing and his upside is higher than Suh's, in my opinion. He could be Kevin Williams part 2.

I have an odd feeling that McCoy will be a bust. Either he will or Suh will. I think one of these two will end up being bust that we look back upon and think damn...

3. Eric Berry S Tennessee - He's gotten better technically with each of his three years at Tennessee. Will not be an instant impact safety but give him a year and he'll be traveling to many Pro Bowls. Need to see easier tackles from him. He just looks like he is exerting so much energy to get a guy down sometimes unlike other elite NFL safeties.

I know his reputation... but 3rd overall for a Safety still baffles me. I hope he's as good as everyone thinks. To his benefit, this is a weak draft in terms of elite talent.

4. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State - Haters gonna hate... he's got rare feet and is very nimble. Intelligent and reactive player. He's not a dominating run blocker, but if the Super Bowl is any indication, passing the ball is en vogue and he protects the guy that does it better than anyone in this draft. Great character as well.

I'm one of those haters. I see him lunge too many times. I think he's got a TON of work to do as a run blocker. Pass pro is fine, but I think a tackle rated this high should have the complete package including the attitude. Okung is finesse. Not necessarily a great title to have as a OL.

5. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma - More upside and from the surface appears to have better intangibles than Clausen. Above average in every single facet except accuracy where he is at a rare level. I don't think the system is a huge concern for him. They make lots of NFL throws at OU. Just not the same route combos.

I agree. I like his intangibles A LOT more than Clausen. However, Clausen will transition a lot faster than Bradford, who needs to be brought along slowly before he ever lines up behind center. He needs to be drafted by a team that can wait.

6. Rolando McClain LB Alabama - Love him. Many Pro Bowls in his future in the right scheme. Every tool in the book with a streak of nastiness. Ready to be inserted into an NFL defense and eat ballcarriers from Day 1. His FBI (football instincts) are the best I have seen since Patrick Willis. 3-4 ILB is his best position imo.

Best of a thin class. People may question whether a 3-4 ILB should be rated this high, but I'm fine with it.

7. Earl Thomas S Texas - Actually very similar to Eric Berry. Berry is more filled out in the lower half but Thomas is just as rangy. Best suited as a read and react type safety that can play the deep half similar to Ed Reed.

Pretty dang high for Thomas, but if you say so... I really don't have much to fault him with.

8. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State - Ummm.. YouTube this kid's highlights and tell me he's not the best WR in this class. He's got some things to work on but he's got all the abilities you look for in a #1 NFL WR. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on the character concerns.. his teammates love him.

I don't question this rating at all, in fact, I have him as a Top 5 prospect. He's that good.

9. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame - I think he's more NFL ready than Sam Bradford. Weis taught him a ton of little things that some NFL quarterbacks don't do yet in their careers. He got beat up bad at ND yet still came back every single time. Underrated leader as well. He floats his deep balls a bit and loses his mechanics at times but he's going to make a team very happy if he's not asked to throw it 35-40 times a game and continually strech teams vertically.

Seems about right. I wouldn't put him much higher if at all... even if he is my #1 QB this year.

10. CJ Spiller RB Clemson - No prospect was helped more by the success of Ray Rice than Spiller. Somebody's going to take this kid in the top 10-15 picks and he's going to make them very happy. I'm not saying he's as good an inside runner as Rice, because he's not, but, come on. Baltimore made the playoffs with Rice getting 25% of Flacco's completions. Classic triple threat with running, receiving, and returning. He has the rare ability to run vertical routes out of the backfield and actually catch the ball over his shoulder. Electric and versatile. Good combo.

I think Spiller would have to provide a big time impact to be a RB rated this highly. A total franchise back. A top 10 rating should mean that he should be a Top 10 RB in the NFL from the get go. Is he that good? I'm not totally convinced he's in that class. I think he's closer to Darren McFadden than Adrian Peterson.

11. Joe Haden CB Florida - It's a weak corner class overall, but I think present day Joe Haden would have been taken first in the '08, '09, and '10 drafts. He's got the it factor you want in your corner, the nobody's gonna beat me mentality that every single great corner has. He's got good-to-very good cover ability and has shown the tendency to come in and support the run pretty effectively. No physical limitations with this kid.

You know what? I think it's really weird this year. It's like, if you weren't a highly touted corner to start the year, then no matter how good of a showing you put on, you still won't be considered a top CB prospect. ...and the guys who were rated high, get a lot of padding for excuses. I seriously think Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox and Donovan Warren are not that far behind Haden, yet they're not getting as much hype.

12. Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech - Morgan is a guy who doesn't jump out when watching him, but he quietly produces and produces. Very productive with a great frame. I don't know if he's explosive enough to be a truly dominant NFL DE. He definitely can't play OLB in a 3-4. Reminds me a lot of Justin Smith.

I think Morgan will be a productive DE, but it's hard for me to say he's the top DE in this class. Maybe because I expect anyone with that label to be a future star. I don't know if he has the ceiling to be a star among stars at the next level or if he'll just been good enough to fit in.

13. Anthony Davis OT Rutgers - You're taking this kid for upside. He's got McKinnie-like ability when motivated. If you get him pissed, none shall pass. He just seems lazy out there. Maybe it's because he plays for Rutgers and doesn't get to be in the spotlight much, but I dunno. I think an NFL OL coach gets effort out of him. Weight and character concerns. He looks chubby.

I like Davis as my Top OT because I think outside of his character concerns that he has the best pure ability. I think he'll be good without even trying.

14a. Daryl Washington WLB TCU - Probably the highest on Big Daryl than anyone here, but I love the kid. He's explosive, he's a huge hitter, he excels in pass coverage, he's got great intangibles. Chad Greenway on steroids. He needs to work on shedding blockers, but he can get around a good amount of them using his agility before he's engaged. If he gets put into a 4-3 defense at weakside linebacker, he's gonna be a stud for somebody.

Definitely an eye opener having him this high. Gotta love his coverage and range. Just question his ability to sift through the trash against 300 pounders heading his way.

14b. Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri - Couldn't justify putting Weatherspoon lower than Washington. I really like both these kids. He's got the leadership you want with tools that line up for days. I would prefer Washington due to his nastiness, but Weatherspoon really impressed me at the Senior Bowl all week.

Spoon is gonna be a monster on the next level and his attitude will get him there. There's no quit in him. I like seeing him this high in your ratings.

15. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma - He's going to either be a stud right tackle or an above average left tackle for someone. I don't know if he's got the composure at the next level. I saw lapses in judgement and overall play during big games this year (Miami game comes to mind specifically) I know have some concerns about his arm length, but his punch is really good and he can use his temper to his advantage. Good balance of run and pass blocking ability. I think he's best at right tackle personally.

I wouldn't put TW here at all because of his inability to play LT.

16. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma - He reminds me of a better blocking Jermichael Finley. Rare for a kid his size to explode off the line and into his route like Gresham does. He will be able to split out wide at times in the NFL. Reliable hands. He's not a burner in a straight line, but he's agile enough. Not sure if he can break a lot of tackles at the next level, someone will have to work with him on that. Underrated blocker who uses his pads really well but lacks true strength.

Wild card.

17. Dan Williams DT Tennessee - He's leapt miles ahead of Terrence Cody after Senior Bowl week. A much better frame than Cody, although he tires in games. Unbelievable lower body strength. You have to watch this kid individually in game. He is like a magnet for blockers. I saw him take on 2 guys and chip a pulling guard numerous times versus SEC offenses. Yeah, he's a 2 down player, but he's not completely useless as a pass rusher as he has a pretty good bull rush. If you're looking for a 3-4 NT, he's your man this year.

I agree that he's much more advanced than Cody. Worthy of this rating.

18. Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan - Classic rush backer. There are concerns he is going to be the same player in 5 years than he is now, but I think that current player's pretty damn good. The Woodley comparisons are almost scary. I think Graham can drop into a zone decent enough. His FBI are in the upper tier of players in this draft. Uses his height as a weapon as a pass rusher. He gets loooooooooooooow.

I personally have him higher because I think he is so versatile that teams will be able to use him in a variety of ways. He's a difference maker on the field and a man amongst boys at the college level.

19. Mike Iupati OG Idaho - I just don't value guard play as much as some other people, especially with the lack of quality interior line play in the NFL. He's as good a guard prospect as they get. He's a second level seeking missile. It's almost comical to watch him during games this year against the teams they played. He'd move from guy to guy like a SNES Mario game map after you beat a level. I don't anticipate stunts and twists effecting him that much, but he didn't really see a lot of that in college so you have to wonder how quickly he adjusts to that.

Fair rating. I'd personally put him in the 20s since he is so undisciplined with his holds.

20. Brian Price DT UCLA - Has any first round player accumulated less hype than Brian Price? He's a solid prospect with a blend of size, mean streak, and athleticism. I question his technique, I think he gets too high way too much and gets pushed back if he doesn't beat his defender initially. He's not strong as an ox strong, but it's adequate. Should be a solid NFL player who contributes for a long time. Very coachable and has upside.

Only knock I have against Price is that he can disappear in games and he only fits certain systems.

21. Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF - I just haven't seen enough from him to justify as a top 5 pick. If Carlos Dunlap is not a top 5 pick, neither is JPP. No real production to speak of and a very small body of work to look at. He's got great size and a frame that can add some weight. Good first step and showed some versatility as a pass rusher. He's just not good against the run. He does not show any ability to get rid of blockers once engaged. His hands don't look great to me. Also questionable football instincts. He just doesn't seem totally "there" all the time.

His stock has soared, so much so, that I question it. ... then again.. I sometimes these risings are valid.

22. Taylor Mays S USC - Probably too low for Mays, I'll admit. He didn't impress me this year after looking great as a sophomore and junior. I don't know if it was the loss of talent around him or he just got worse? He will go in Round 1 because you just don't find athletes like him very often. I think he can be a legit NFL safety with some seasoning. Should be an impact special teamer in year 1.

I'd rate him as the 27th best prospect for no self serving reasons at all... ;)

Way too low for Bulaga. He's better than this.

24. Everson Griffen DE USC - It doesn't get any more draft cliche than Everson Griffen. "Inconsistent pass rusher with considerable talent". All the talent in the world, but you just didn't hear his name called that much. He needs to get nasty and play with a chip on his shoulder.

USC DEs tend to blend in on the next level. I wonder about his star potential.

25. Chad Jones S LSU - These are going to get shorter, but long story short, he's a violent player who has a great frame and needs to show more consistency.

Very hot and cold player. Strictly a SS.

Bust.

27. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois - Very physical receiver with some juke to him. Very good YAC receiver. I don't think he'll ever be a #1 but he will put up good numbers if relied upon.

Classic Big Ten WR who fails to live up to the hype in the NFL.

28. Golden Tate WR Notre Dame - He's a weird prospect. He's not a burner, he's not particularly physical, and his route running could be better. But it's unique for someone to go and get the ball like he does. He routinely beat press (see USC game) and his hands are silky. Excels at areas most prospects need improvement in. Boom or bust.

Mr. Underrated on your list.

29. Jahvid Best RB California - Poor man's CJ Spiller. Underrated as a receiver. Miserable pass blocker and has concussion concerns. Touchdown maker. He's surprisingly tough inside, but he always seems to look for the sidelines after the first level. He's pretty clearly not capable of being a reliable 3-down back. His jukes are absolutely filthy.

I think Best can be really special. But he has to learn how to break tackles.

30. Ed Dickson TE Oregon - He along with Daryl Washington are my favorite "under the radar" type guys. Dickson looked great from what I saw in Mobile and I've said before he reminds me a lot of Visanthe Shiancoe.

I wouldn't put him this high.

All in bold.... Whew, that was a lot of writing. ;)

wogitalia
02-02-2010, 01:19 AM
He's got McKinnie-like ability when motivated. If you get him pissed, none shall pass. He just seems lazy out there.

Is there another McKinnie or are you talking Bryant? If you are talking Bryant, why on Earth would you spend a 1st on a guy who is at best a good RT and at worst embarrassing. You honestly would have to be aiming a lot higher if you are taking a guy at 13 then a RT, especially when you are drafting on potential. I'm going to assume you haven't watched McKinnie over the last 5 or so years or just aren't very high on Davis.

Looks pretty much on point other than that, maybe a bit hard on Mays, though I see him fairly similarly.

I also disagree with Bradford, I don't know what it is about him, but he just doesn't ever look like an NFL QB to me, his throwing action is very unnatural, almost girl like for lack of a technical way of describing it. Then again, Phil Rivers looks kind of the same so maybe its not all bad.

djp
02-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Is there another McKinnie or are you talking Bryant? If you are talking Bryant, why on Earth would you spend a 1st on a guy who is at best a good RT and at worst embarrassing. You honestly would have to be aiming a lot higher if you are taking a guy at 13 then a RT, especially when you are drafting on potential. I'm going to assume you haven't watched McKinnie over the last 5 or so years or just aren't very high on Davis.

Looks pretty much on point other than that, maybe a bit hard on Mays, though I see him fairly similarly.

I also disagree with Bradford, I don't know what it is about him, but he just doesn't ever look like an NFL QB to me, his throwing action is very unnatural, almost girl like for lack of a technical way of describing it. Then again, Phil Rivers looks kind of the same so maybe its not all bad.

McKinnie-like ability. Very different from the actual product he puts on the field. two different things. McKinnie can be absolutely dominant.

As far as Bradford goes, it's not a huge concern as he's got good enough size for the ball to come out at a serviceable angle.

djp
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm just has high on Washington as you are, but I'm not fully convinced he is good in coverage. He definitely has the athleticism to cover deep middle, but it seems he just gets confused at times and will be too late when defending the ball.

I agree with you that he definitely isn't strong or consistent enough to consistently contain NFL blocks and shed them, but he has Pro-Bowl potential written all over him.

Any defender is going to struggle in zone early in their career. It's a learnt trait in my opinion. You have to see it many many times over in order to become particularly "good" at it. It's a very tough coverage to play for most linebackers, but he has the athleticism to be great.

BigBanger
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
A lot of college players are dominate and productive. You need a lot more to make it in the NFL.

What things does he have to work out? YouTube has some great highlights of Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams, I'm sure. How did they pan out? Highlights are highlights for a reason.

9. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame - I think he's more NFL ready than Sam Bradford. Weis taught him a ton of little things that some NFL quarterbacks don't do yet in their careers.
Did Weis tell you all these little things that he taught Clausen? If so, why don't you tell us what they were? Did he also tell these great tidbits to Brady Quinn? And, do you think they helped Quinn if Weis did tell him?

10. CJ Spiller RB Clemson - No prospect was helped more by the success of Ray Rice than Spiller. Somebody's going to take this kid in the top 10-15 picks and he's going to make them very happy. I'm not saying he's as good an inside runner as Rice, because he's not, but, come on. Baltimore made the playoffs with Rice getting 25% of Flacco's completions. Classic triple threat with running, receiving, and returning.
Ray Rice has nothing to do with CJ Spiller. Incredibly different players. Everything in quotes is complete garbage and a waste of time.

Being 5'9'' and around 190 pounds?

McKinnie sucks. So, he's fat and lazy? But has potential? Does he do anything well? There is not one compliment in there, but he ranks 13th?

21. Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF - I just haven't seen enough from him to justify as a top 5 pick. If Carlos Dunlap is not a top 5 pick, neither is JPP.
What does Dunlap have to do with JPP?

If you haven't seen him, then don't rank him. And better yet, don't talk about him. It makes you look stupid, and **** like that is stupid.

Why?

2,083 words and you didn't say a damn thing. You should not be tired. There isn't a shred of analysis in this entire, worthless post.

djp
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
To D:

If Suh reminds me of any former Miami DT, I would lean Cortez Kennedy. I know you're not comparing Suh to Maryland, but I have posted that he looks like a young Big Tez to me. Russell Maryland was not a great athlete and struggled with his weight.

I just don't see McCoy busting outside of injuries. His first step is nuts. He has the ability to be a dominant UT. He has the total package.

I think Cowboys fans out of any fan base should appreciate what Berry brings to the table as you had to live through the Roy Williams years. He's an elite cover safety with athleticism oozing from his ears. Third overall is probably too high for a safety, I would agree with that. I wouldn't take him if I was picking in the top 5. Big board is based on talent + production, not positional value.

I guess it depends on what you want in a tackle. Like I posted, Okung is easily the best pass blocking LT in the draft and he's got the tools to improve in the running game. Hands and feet, D, hands and feet. He has upside. He will be taken first among bookends.

About Bradford, yeah, I would agree, he's probably best waiting on the bench. I don't know if he's going to get that opportunity, though. I think he would be okay if he had some receivers to help him in the short game with YAC if he did have to play as a rookie. I said "on the surface" it looks like he has better intangibles than Clausen because you or I really don't know what type of person Bradford is without sitting down and actually interviewing him as a potential draft pick. I think that's going to be the #1 thing this year when a team decides between the 2 QBs. It was said the Colts didn't decide on Manning until they sat down with him.

Agreed on McClain.

The Earl Thomas ranking is pretty high, but if you watch him on a consistent basis. He brings a swagger that every NFL safety needs. I like my safeties to cover and be around the ball. He does both extremely well and he's got no physical limitations that can prevent him from improving further.

Dez Bryant is a straight stud, I would have him @ top 5 but he didn't run a whole lot of NFL routes in college. He's raw in that regard and will need to sign early so he can get a full training camp in. It's really my only problem with him right now.

CJ Spiller is not a traditional franchise back, but I think you can build an offense around he and another more powerful in between the tackles runner like Tashard Choice. Like I said, he has the EXTREMELY rare ability to run deep routes out of the backfield due to his acceleration and agility. Just think Percy Harvin, I don't see much difference in the two except Spiller got to carry the ball more. He's a matchup nightmare in a league that covets players like him.

I think the corner class was definitely underrated. I've always liked Kyle Wilson, but I think a team that takes him to be a #1 CB to cover stud NFL WRs is going to be disappointed. Perrish Cox brings ability, but I feel like he's at least 2-3 years away from making an impact. Haden is much more NFL ready and he's got similar upside to Perrish Cox. I'm not a Donovan Warren fan.

I think you are agreeing with me on Morgan? I dunno, there was so much talk about how strong the DE field was this year but I feel like it's leveled off and become more of a depth position this year. I don't see a ton of Pro Bowls for Morgan but he's a safe pick to be at least a serviceable defensive end with a chance to be very good.

How hard is Anthony Davis going to work with that money in his bank account? I just don't know if he really wants to win. He looks out of shape a lot and I'm just not sure if he has the intangibles to be a stud left tackle. His ability is unquestioned though, you're right about that.

As far as Daryl Washington goes.. I think he can get better at shedding blocks as he continues to get stronger. He has the blend of intelligence, nastiness, and athleticism that you covet in an outside linebacker. He does a good job of avoiding blocks, better than most linebackers, so some of the shedding concerns can be quelled with that.

Weatherspoon is just a solid prospect that I don't see busting in any way outside of injuries. He really impressed me in Mobile.

I think he could play left tackle eventually once he learns the nuances of the position. He has some great tools to work with, and right tackles are very important anyways. Ask your boy Marc Columbo :)

This year's draft has a lot of players that have unique traits. Gresham is another kid like that. He absolutely cruises off the LOS and into his route. He's going to be an extremely tough matchup for any linebacker and he's got the ball skills and hands to compete for the ball down the field. I'd agree that I could see him busting, though. Just don't know if he's got what it takes upstairs to be a successful blocker.

Agree on Dan Williams.

A 3-4 team that takes Graham is getting a solid player, there's no doubts about that. So you'd have Graham higher than I have him?

Agreed on Iupati, but that problem can be corrected.

I see what you mean on Price, but UCLA doesn't really have a whole lot around him. I did see some frustration and inability to do anything with a double team at times.

JPP is a better prospect than Dunlap, but I dunno. I would guess that he busts, personally. He's at 21 because there's a chance he's among the best pass rushers in football at some point.

Comments on Bulaga are in this thread.

Agreed on Griffen.

Agreed on Dunlap.

Just wondering why you think that about Benn? Don't think he's got the speed?

On Tate, I know you love him, and I can see why. He's another kid that brings something you just don't see every year. He's more of a wild card than Gresham, imo. What kinda role do you see him playing in the NFL?

Agreed on Best. He needs to get stronger physically. I know there is concerns about his ability to do that with his slender frame.

What's your opinion on Dickson? I just like him a lot and have for awhile now.

ThePudge
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=BigBanger] ---> [RESPONSE=ThePudge]

What things does he have to work out? YouTube has some great highlights of Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams, I'm sure. How did they pan out? Highlights are highlights for a reason.

- Two self-sabotaged careers in Rogers and Williams. Rogers caught the injury bug early and bad in Detroit, and soon drugs were in the picture. For Williams, he was never willing to put in the work of an NFL receiver. He took a year off and made some bad habits worse, gained a lot of weight, lost a good deal of quickness and some leaping ability. Two very talented WRs that would create Top 10 buzz today, but also two prospects that completely ****** themselves.

So, Bryant has a lot to prove at the Combine: 1) Where he is physically after missing all that time and 2) Where he is mentally after his suspension and down-time. He needs to prove a work ethic, a love for the game of football, and he can't rub people the wrong way (see Crabtree, Michael). Physically, he needs to prove he has home-run speed and has to show coaches how nimble his feet are in a phone-booth (an attribute that helps him greatly after the catch. In private workouts he'll have to prove that he can run a full route tree and is a threat from anywhere on the field. His hands and concentration should test well (because they sure look good on the field), but it's also vital that they do test well.

Did Weis tell you all these little things that he taught Clausen? If so, why don't you tell us what they were? Did he also tell these great tidbits to Brady Quinn? And, do you think they helped Quinn if Weis did tell him?

- I'm not one of those that think Clausen should be ranked lower due to Brady Quinn's failure. I think Quinn was aptly prepared, he just had some issues on the field that he couldn't get around. Quinn gets happy feet under pressure and will take bad sacks, throw bad balls up there. I think they have similar arm strength, both of their deep balls hang up there at times, and it's something that Clausen will have to tweak in his release.

Weis prepares his QBs in a pro-style offense that involves a lot of progression work and dropback passing, and Jimmy aced the test this year. There are still plenty of questions, but I wouldnt make the mistake of assuming one ND QB sucked, so the other must too... Charlie Weis wasn't a great college coach, but he's also not Steve Spurrier when it comes to preparing his passer for the NFL.

- Until the Combine, I consider it fair to use his listed size at 5'11 190. The most specific measurement size I've seen on him is 5'11 1/8. I expect him over 5104 though, and size/physical ability should continue to be a strength to Haden's stock.

If you haven't seen him, then don't rank him. And better yet, don't talk about him. It makes you look stupid, and **** like that is stupid.

- He said he hadn't seen enough from him to warrant a Top 5 selection, not enough of him.

2,083 words and you didn't say a damn thing. You should not be tired. There isn't a shred of analysis in this entire, worthless post.

- It's a different style. He's stacking a draft board and analyzing each player in the context of the entire class. If you have questions on particular players or situations, just wait for him to answer your post that I'm going through now.

djp
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
A lot of college players are dominate and productive. You need a lot more to make it in the NFL.

Wow, where to start? Ok, yeah, I agree with this. Should have put the tools he brings to the table as well. So you think Suh will bust?

Route running and catching the ball?

To name a few: looking off safeties, correctly pump faking route combinations (you see a lot of QBs just pump to do it, he's doing it directly at a target that opens up another route), throwing the ball either low or high on an outside breaking route depending on the coverage..

Ray Rice has nothing to do with CJ Spiller. Incredibly different players. Everything in quotes is complete garbage and a waste of time.

Like I said, they are definitely different players. But it shows the importance of using the running back in the passing game.

Height is so stupidly overrated for a corner. He covers receivers, he tackles well. His height is listed at 5'11, we will see where he's at when the Combine rolls around

McKinnie sucks. So, he's fat and lazy? But has potential? Does he do anything well? There is not one compliment in there, but he ranks 13th?

If he's motivated, there is none better. McKinnie may suck now, but he has all the ability in the world. I'm not comparing Anthony Davis's talent to what Bryant McKinnie currently is. What he could have and should have been.

They're both athletically gifted, underdeveloped, raw defensive ends.

Why?

Are you stupid? They're both unmotivated kids with a load of talent. Griffen is more explosive than Dunlap, but I don't see much difference between the two other than that.

Responses in bold.

djp
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Also, I think you need some reading comprehension work. **** like that is stupid, man.

BigBanger
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow, where to start? Ok, yeah, I agree with this. Should have put the tools he brings to the table as well. So you think Suh will bust?
No, I don't. I think Suh is the #1 player in the draft. Where I have him valued has nothing to do with your post. I was curious as to what you thought of him and why he was #1 on your board.

I was just saying... this is some **** analysis, or whatever you want to call it.

This is my Big Board. I spent a lot of time on it. Enjoy!

1. Suh - good, dominate player.
2. McCoy - good, dominate player.
3. Graham - good, dominate player.
4. Berry - good, dominate player.
5. Okung - good, pretty dominate player.
6. Haden - good, dominate player.
7. Bradford - good, dominate player.
8. Mays - good, dominate player.
9. Spiller - good, dominate player.
10. Clausen - good, dominate player with great highlights.

The comments I made about Mike Williams and Troy Williamson or whoever I used, was just to prove that highlights are highlights and they're worthless. That there's more factors involved. You can show highlights of a lot of college players and they look like future Hall of Famers.

Really, and I'm not like most people, I don't care where you have Carlos Dunlap. #1 overall or #221 overall. Makes no difference to me. I don't care either way. I'm more interested in what someone has to say about a player than some little number next to their name. Everything that I quoted is useless information without any kind of description or articulation.

People say, "I had JaMarcus Russell as a second round player. Haha, I was right, everyone else is wrong." Actually, that person would not be right. Russell has, to this point, proven to not be worth anything more than a 5th round pick. Now, if someone had Russell 18th overall and called out all his flaws and had great description and showed knowledge of the player... that's a little different that just having some little number next to his name. Anyone can put a number next to someone's name. That takes no effort or any knowledge of the player.

There is huge differences between Dunlap and Griffen. Both being underachievers? Wow, talk about being similar!! Don't see too many of them around.

They don't even project to the same position. You're comparing a 5-tech to a 3-tech. "If Carlos Dunlap is not a top 5 pick, neither is JPP." That makes no sense. Does this make sense? Since Brady Quinn was a bust, Jimmy Clausen is too.

**** like that is constantly said by people on these boards.

Basically, I just thought everything you said, I didn't read it all, was stupid. It was an extremely sarcastic response and very dickheaded of me to talk in that manner, but I wasted some of my time reading some of this, which caused me to vent.

grushcow
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM

Dude, whats a dominate player....

dabears10
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Dominant- adjective
Dominate- verb
Please learn the difference.

Babylon
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Read on a rival site that Bulaga was the top OT out there and his combine is expected to prove it. The thing that i like most about him is his run blocking. Reminds me of Jake Long in that regard, good pass blocker, exceptional run blocker. I hope he's there for Pete Carroll at #6.

djp
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM
No, I don't. I think Suh is the #1 player in the draft. Where I have him valued has nothing to do with your post. I was curious as to what you thought of him and why he was #1 on your board.

I was just saying... this is some **** analysis, or whatever you want to call it.

This is my Big Board. I spent a lot of time on it. Enjoy!

The comments I made about Mike Williams and Troy Williamson or whoever I used, was just to prove that highlights are highlights and they're worthless. That there's more factors involved. You can show highlights of a lot of college players and they look like future Hall of Famers.

Really, and I'm not like most people, I don't care where you have Carlos Dunlap. #1 overall or #221 overall. Makes no difference to me. I don't care either way. I'm more interested in what someone has to say about a player than some little number next to their name. Everything that I quoted is useless information without any kind of description or articulation.

People say, "I had JaMarcus Russell as a second round player. Haha, I was right, everyone else is wrong." Actually, that person would not be right. Russell has, to this point, proven to not be worth anything more than a 5th round pick. Now, if someone had Russell 18th overall and called out all his flaws and had great description and showed knowledge of the player... that's a little different that just having some little number next to his name. Anyone can put a number next to someone's name. That takes no effort or any knowledge of the player.

There is huge differences between Dunlap and Griffen. Both being underachievers? Wow, talk about being similar!! Don't see too many of them around.

They don't even project to the same position. You're comparing a 5-tech to a 3-tech. "If Carlos Dunlap is not a top 5 pick, neither is JPP." That makes no sense. Does this make sense? Since Brady Quinn was a bust, Jimmy Clausen is too.

**** like that is constantly said by people on these boards.

Basically, I just thought everything you said, I didn't read it all, was stupid. It was an extremely sarcastic response and very dickheaded of me to talk in that manner, but I wasted some of my time reading some of this, which caused me to vent.

I just don't see the point in attacking my post the way you did, but it's cool. I get your point man. It's more of a general outlook on the talent of this years class.. you're looking for more specific information and examples, that's fine. I didn't mean it to be a scouting report of every player but more general statements regarding this year.

Either way, I totally get what you're saying and in a weird way appreciate what you said even though I don't agree with the delivery.

wogitalia
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM

DOMINANT!!!

http://file046b.bebo.com/1/large/2009/03/12/07/9092206a10323811342l.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

Honestly... I wish I stopped here because I knew the rest of your post was going to be ********. You honestly quoted a guy who gets "DOMINANT" right and you go and change it? Why the **** would you change it beyond pure retardation on your behalf? Seriously... wtf!

BigBanger
02-04-2010, 08:52 PM
DOMINANT!!!

http://file046b.bebo.com/1/large/2009/03/12/07/9092206a10323811342l.jpg

Honestly... I wish I stopped here because I knew the rest of your post was going to be ********. You honestly quoted a guy who gets "DOMINANT" right and you go and change it? Why the **** would you change it beyond pure retardation on your behalf? Seriously... wtf!
It was a joke. Those aren't my rankings. That's not how I would describe those players. It went over the heads of a few people and you obviously took it way too serious. I thought it would come across as ********, which people seem to understand, but taking it seriously? Wow.

There's a lot of good dominate players in this draft. I was just look for more. The **** from Hawaii was a good dominate colegge playa, but i knew he would be garbage in the pros.

wogitalia
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM
It was a joke. Those aren't my rankings. That's not how I would describe those players. It went over the heads of a few people and you obviously took it way too serious. I thought it would come across as ********, which people seem to understand, but taking it seriously? Wow.

There's a lot of good dominate players in this draft. I was just look for more. The **** from Hawaii was a good dominate colegge playa, but i knew he would be garbage in the pros.

http://verydemotivational.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/129085957255143160.jpg

I have nothing against the rankings... It is that you used the word dominate in every one of them when it clearly should be dominant. Now I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but then you went and did it again in the very next paragraph, again making yourself look stupid. The word is dominant, it is an adjective, the word you are using is a verb. It's simple English, honestly.

LizardState
02-06-2010, 12:54 PM

from D-Unit: I'm one of those haters. I see him lunge too many times. I think he's got a TON of work to do as a run blocker. Pass pro is fine, but I think a tackle rated this high should have the complete package including the attitude. Okung is finesse. Not necessarily a great title to have as a OL.

Rated this high, indeed. Got to agree with D about his downside -- Too high is the problem with Okung, literally, he's too tall for OT with too high a COG & insufficient upper body strength from eveyrthing I've read about him. Maybe that's why he sat out the Senior Bowl, & that had to hurt him. OTs like him got eaten alive by shorter, quicker passrushers in the NFL last season & that's the current NFL trend, the guy whose 1st step is so much quicker than the OTs who know the snap count & have no excuse, but can't react until the the rusher is a step in the backfield.... the old adage of Low Man Wins applies. Especially a quicker low man.

wogitalia
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
the old adage of Low Man Wins applies. Especially a quicker low man.

So glad the Colts have shown the league this... Guys like Harrison have also played their part but as the tackles got excessively tall the way to beat them was to get under and around before they can set.

FUNBUNCHER
02-08-2010, 05:02 AM

Dude, whats a dominate player....

LOLOL!!

I was just about to post, the word is 'dominant'. Banger needs to chill:rolleyes: .

I think 22-25 of the OP's top 32 go in the 1st round. Decent thumbnail sketch on every prospect. I guess if it's not a 2 page write-up per, some folks can be bothered.