JRTPlaya21
02-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I thought Sylvester was a LB...

JRTPlaya21
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
No Sergio Render is a major fail.

Don Vito
02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Sucks not to see Patrick Trahan on there, that could have been big for him.

Duffman57
02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I thought Sylvester was a LB...

Your thinking of Steven/Stevenson Sylvester. I'm almost 100% positive thats who he means, but iono.

I really thought Coker was gonna be on the list. He could have really benefitted from it, and i thik he will run in the mid 4.2's.

gpngc
02-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Funny things:

Sean Weatherspoon's name is really Franklin Weatherspoon.

C.J. Spiller is Clifford Spiller.

Taylor Mays is Stafford Mays.

Al Verner wants to be known as "Vern Verner."

Also, apparently the artist formerly known as Arrelious wants to be called "Regus Benn" for some reason.

And I hope it's a mistake but according to that roster Barry Church wants to be called "Church Church."

Duffman57
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Haha, Taylor Mays' real name is Stafford Mays. That is what he is to be known as now. I now refuse to call him Taylor.

It was weird to see that Arthur Jones wanted to be called Art too.

Whats up with all these USC guys having weird changes of names. Anthony McCoy's real name is Robert.

One more for Alacce Schoefield. Same with Mays goes with him. haha

Well thats it for me today, i've learned all i need to from that list. lol

rfugiel
02-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Funny things:

Also, apparently the artist formerly known as Arrelious wants to be called "Regus Benn" for some reason.

And I hope it's a mistake but according to that roster Barry Church wants to be called "Church Church."

Benn has been going by Regus since his freshman year.

Also I'm assuming the other two just go by their last name opposed to their first, I.E. Ben Church, just wants to be called Church.

metafour
02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
No Walter McFadden is a giant fail. He is a 3rd round type corner.

underscore
02-02-2010, 03:53 AM

He's been going by Regus for years.

JFLO
02-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Freddie Barnes deserves an invite

Jerks.

Shane P. Hallam
02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Who are some NFL players who have been very productive (and actually drafted,) without receiving a combine invite?

RealityCheck
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Who are some NFL players who have been very productive (and actually drafted,) without receiving a combine invite?
*cough*Michael*cough*Mitchell*cough*

cvv84
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM

Aaron Kampman

Saints-Tigers
02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Franklin Weatherspoon sounds like the most distinguished LB of all time.

critesy
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
No Walter McFadden is a giant fail. He is a 3rd round type corner.

its true. with jon wilhite, pat lee and jarraud powers in the last 2 years being drafted from the 2-5 rounds. showing that auburn putting out good/draftable dbs. and theres nothing saying walter isnt as good or even better then them. he also has bloodlines in the nfl with bryant mcfadden. im shocked.

cvv84
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I see Scott has the list (http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/ScoutingCombine/Results.php) on Draft Countdown now for those looking for position by position.

EditL: nvm I see Scott edited my original post

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I can't believe Kevin Haslam wasn't invited. How are the players picked anyway?

Shane P. Hallam
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I can't believe Kevin Haslam wasn't invited. How are the players picked anyway?

Scouts/teams are asked to submit lists of players they'd like to see, it is compiled and invites sent out based on those listed the most, etc.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Scouts/teams are asked to submit lists of players they'd like to see, it is compiled and invites sent out based on those listed the most, etc.

Very interesting. You'd think scouts would like to see as many players as possible though in that situation. By all accounts Haslam was one of the better lineman at the Shrine Game and Rutgers players are still being underrated.

Shane P. Hallam
02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Very interesting. You'd think scouts would like to see as many players as possible though in that situation. By all accounts Haslam was one of the better lineman at the Shrine Game and Rutgers players are still being underrated.

Sure, but there is a limit on the numbers, and sometimes names are left off if they think the player is under the radar.

Babylon
02-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Funny things:

Taylor's dad is named Stafford, not aware he was born with the same name.

TitansCJftw
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
3 out of our 4 starting d-line invited wu wuu! ecu d-line was sick this year!