PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jax

cliffo21
02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
what do u think the asking price would be to pry steve jax away from the rams. You guys think our first and 2nd is good enough or 1st and two seconds? would you pull the trigger to get one of the arguably best backs in the game today?

I personally think our first and 3rd second this year as well as our first next year (we have the raiders 1st still) would be good and i think i would pull the trigger.

ElectricEye
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Those would be HORRIBLE deals. Runningback is a thing we could improve on, but it's not worth giving up that many picks. Two first round picks? You don't mortgage your future away like that. Most I would give up is maybe a second and something else.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Man the Patriots would be a lot more scary if they had him

FlyingElvis
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I love SJax but I think his value would be far less in our system compared to a run first team. A 1st and 2nd would be fine by me but that's awfully expensive even with 7 picks through rounds 1 & 2 in 2010 & 2011.

Then again, the guy is the best back in the game, imo. So I'd be more than happy to give NE's 1st & 2nd to get him. I'd say it's too expensive and still say how much I love it . . . if that makes any sense. lol

But it's a moot point. The Rams won't trade him. Spags knows the dude's a beast who can do it all at the highest level.

Those would be HORRIBLE deals. Runningback is a thing we could improve on, but it's not worth giving up that many picks. Two first round picks? You don't mortgage your future away like that. Most I would give up is maybe a second and something else.

lol - A second and a ham sammich? WTF man, open up the purse a little. ;)

descendency
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Man the Patriots would be a lot more scary if they had him

I'd rather have Brandon Graham and Dexter McCluster. And Alex Carrington who all three could be gotten with said picks.

FlyingElvis
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Let's say NE gets Spiller at 22 and then Tebow at 54 in the upcoming draft.

Are those 2 guys not worth SJax? I'd take Jackson over those 2 all day.

Obviously hypothetical all the way around since it's very unlikely that Spiller makes it to 22, but you never know.

And just imagine if Scott's right and NE has Tebow targeted at 22 . . . OMFG please get SJax, no?

Nalej
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Let's say NE gets Spiller at 22 and then Tebow at 54 in the upcoming draft.

Are those 2 guys not worth SJax? I'd take Jackson over those 2 all day.

Obviously hypothetical all the way around since it's very unlikely that Spiller makes it to 22, but you never know.

And just imagine if Scott's right and NE has Tebow targeted at 22 . . . OMFG please get SJax, no?

My first reaction was "**** No" to a 1st and a 2nd
but when u put it that way then it makes more sense
but it only makes sense if the Pats are going to be retarted in the draft
Tebow at 22? I'll shave my head if that happens *crosses fingers*

SJax would be less valuable in our system then what he is in STL
Either way- like someone said- the Rams aren't trading him away
How old is SJax anyways?

ElectricEye
02-02-2010, 08:16 PM
lol - A second and a ham sammich? WTF man, open up the purse a little. ;)

You have to look at value. Right now, we're a team that's in partial rebuilding mode. We all know that doesn't work if you trade your draft picks away. It's not one player we need, it's 3 or 4. You also need to consider that, like you said, Jackson wouldn't be as specifically valuable for us as he would be for a team with an emphasis on the run. I really like his skillset, and he's basically what Laurence Maroney was supposed to be...but still. Why trade away a first rounder for him when we can draft Jahvid Best in the second and basically get a similar impact for our offense? We're going to be chucking it for as long as Brady is around and the only real advantage Jackson offers over a slasher/multi purpose back we're all kind of eying is that he's a true runningback. That'll go to waste here unless we change our offense. Also; how many teams would give up a first for him? NFL teams are extremely conservative with draft picks. Perhaps too conservative, but still. The market for him with that big deal he has might not even be a fist rounder.

I would rather spend our first on Jackson than I would trade it down or draft Tebow though. If those are the alternatives, yeah, I'll take him...but I'm not in love with the price it would take. Boldin for a second rounder would be the better trade if that type of deal is around as was talked about a bit.

ryno626
02-19-2010, 10:57 AM
throw em the mid 2nd and Adalius

proshoota25
02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
throw em the mid 2nd and Adalius

no one is going to take adalius in a trade. especially when they know the pats are prolly gunna cut him at some point anyway