PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the status of these injured star prospects?

Ozzy
02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Eric Decker- Really interested how he comes back, because if he is what he used to be he is arguably the best jump ball receiver in the up coming draft outside of Dez Bryant and has some of the best hand eye coordination of any receiver in the draft.

Jermaine Gresham- Huge target that could get down field, easily the best tight end in the nation before he got injured, arguable he would have been a 1st round pick last year. No clue how his injury is progressing at all.

Stafon Johnson- A less serious of an injury, scary for what it could have been but unlike most it does not have to do with his legs or knees. Hope he can come back strong.

James Starks: Loved him and he did not play at all this season, wondering if he still has that quickness with his great size and strength.

Greg Hardy: Always seems to be injured, really will be interesting to see how he does. So risky to take him.

Sean Lee: Played this year but I am curious if he is fully back or not.

ThePudge
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Eric Decker- Really interested how he comes back, because if he is what he used to be he is arguably the best jump ball receiver in the up coming draft outside of Dez Bryant and has some of the best hand eye coordination of any receiver in the draft.

Jermaine Gresham- Huge target that could get down field, easily the best tight end in the nation before he got injured, arguable he would have been a 1st round pick last year. No clue how his injury is progressing at all.

Stafon Johnson- A less serious of an injury, scary for what it could have been but unlike most it does not have to do with his legs or knees. Hope he can come back strong.

James Starks: Loved him and he did not play at all this season, wondering if he still has that quickness with his great size and strength.

Greg Hardy: Always seems to be injured, really will be interesting to see how he does. So risky to take him.

Sean Lee: Played this year but I am curious if he is fully back or not.

Stafon played in the Senior Bowl and had an average week, he's still struggling talking, but has made a recovery on the football field.

Greg Hardy showed up at the East-West Shrine Game at 6'3 7/8 279 lbs, with the look of a 4-3 DE. He didn't line up and do any LB drills, and reverted to a bull-rush as his go to move. He's strong and very talented, but I don't know that he's back in game shape (or really has been in awhile). He had an average week there, flashing his talent but also being neutralized far more than expected.

Rosebud
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Starks is going to be the steal of the draft at RB.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
As most people think here Decker is going to make some team very happy.

prock
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
As most people think here Decker is going to make some team very happy.

as a guy whose team was destroyed by eric decker in high school, he will make some team very very happy. tj houshyourmama clone

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 10:17 PM
as a guy whose team was destroyed by eric decker in high school, he will make some team very very happy. tj houshyourmama clone

Interesting comparison which I haven't heard before. I was actually thinking Muhsin Muhammad.

SenorGato
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Someone said 3rd round for Hardy...not sure I buy it. The Jets would love it if he fell to 29.

What happened to Oghobaase? I really him as a prospect, but not a peep about him lately. Injuries...hope he shows up at combine.

Myron Lewis?

Yea, there's alot of stories to hear during combine.

billsfootball15
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Starks is going to be the steal of the draft at RB.

BUFFALO BULLS FTW!!!

prock
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Interesting comparison which I haven't heard before. I was actually thinking Muhsin Muhammad.

i dont think they are that different

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
i dont think they are that different

They aren't. I thought it was interesting because we thought of similar players.

J-Mike88
02-03-2010, 06:37 AM
What about Craig Cooper, anyone???

Nalej
02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
What round does Decker go in? The Pats are in search of a player just like him

J-Mike88
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
What round does Decker go in? The Pats are in search of a player just like him
My over/under for him would be round 3.

ironman4579
02-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Stafon played in the Senior Bowl and had an average week, he's still struggling talking, but has made a recovery on the football field.

Greg Hardy showed up at the East-West Shrine Game at 6'3 7/8 279 lbs, with the look of a 4-3 DE. He didn't line up and do any LB drills, and reverted to a bull-rush as his go to move. He's strong and very talented, but I don't know that he's back in game shape (or really has been in awhile). He had an average week there, flashing his talent but also being neutralized far more than expected.

Interesting that Hardy came in over an inch below his listed height. It's not a big deal considering he's still basically 6'4", I'm just always intrigued when it happens.

brasho
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Interesting that Hardy came in over an inch below his listed height. It's not a big deal considering he's still basically 6'4", I'm just always intrigued when it happens.
I think it is more rare when the heights and weights are accurate.

What was DeSean coming out of college? 6'0 185 or something like that... I predicted 5'10 175.... he showed up at the combine and measured 5'9 and some change and 168 lbs. The Cal press guide was only 3 inches and 20 lbs off.

brasho
02-03-2010, 09:46 AM

I don't see how the tall/angular Decker can be compared to Muhammad, Jurevicius maybe, Muhammad to Demaryius Thomas is closer IMO.

dabears10
02-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't see how the tall/angular Decker can be compared to Muhammad, Jurevicius maybe, Muhammad to Demaryius Thomas is closer IMO.

Decker is listed at 6'2 205. Muhammad is listed at 6'2 215. Seems to be a very fair comparison.

Ozzy
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Decker and Muhammed is a pretty good comparison however I must say Decker is more skilled than Muhammed and Muhammed is more physical than Decker.

Decker is a route runner and uses his hands to catch the ball, Muhammed is a big target but at times does not show the best hands catching the football.

Giantsfan1080
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Moose used to have better hands in his prime. I don't know how but over the years his ability to catch the football has gone down.

Ozzy
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I forgot about Sam Bradford. Ok I did not like the kid before the injury, now you got a shoulder issue on your throwing arm? Quite a big deal if I do say so myself. Sure the kid has leadership qualities but I have never liked how he threw a football. Be surprised to see how he does but I am not sure he is worth a high 1st round pick which is where he will be drafted. Is Seattle or Washington better off with having him as the single caller and the future? I would say no.

Let me just say Locker and Mallet > Clausen and Bradford.

Using a high pick on a quarterback, not sure the two in this draft are worth it. When guys like Snead, Pike etc could turn out to be just as good as they are and you can get them in the 2nd round and get others later than that.

Just a though, doubt Bradford's arm is better since the injury.

Babylon
02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I forgot about Sam Bradford. Ok I did not like the kid before the injury, now you got a shoulder issue on your throwing arm? Quite a big deal if I do say so myself. Sure the kid has leadership qualities but I have never liked how he threw a football. Be surprised to see how he does but I am not sure he is worth a high 1st round pick which is where he will be drafted. Is Seattle or Washington better off with having him as the single caller and the future? I would say no.

Using a high pick on a quarterback, not sure the two in this draft are worth it. When guys like Snead, Pike etc could turn out to be just as good as they are and you can get them in the 2nd round and get others later than that.

I agree the QBs shouldnt be coming off the top of the draft. Probably starting with Buffalo at #9 would be the earliest for me.

underscore
02-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Sean Lee's ACL knee is fine...came back with a vengeance, then sprained his other knee which bothered him half the season. He still put up a good season.

SchizophrenicBatman
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Eric Decker had his surgery in October performed by the Panthers' team doctor. I think this is of note because Jonathan Stewart had his foot surgery done by the same guy prior to the draft he was taken in as well

Job
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Clausen > Locker and Mallett. And Jesus.

Babylon
02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Clausen > Locker and Mallett. And Jesus.

Clausen is better than Locker, Mallett and Tebow?

J-Mike88
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM

Is Cooper out for a year?

brasho
02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Decker is listed at 6'2 205. Muhammad is listed at 6'2 215. Seems to be a very fair comparison.

Muhammad might be listed at 215 but he hasn't seen that weight in years. His lower body is thick and he is a power receiver, like Demaryius Thomas. Decker is more finesse and angular, more of a route-running catch and fall-type WR like Housmanzadeh even though he is LISTED as bigger.

brasho
02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Is Cooper out for a year?

He is done from what I have heard.

wogitalia
02-10-2010, 10:01 PM

Who is Craig Cooper? Never heard of him. What school, position and what not is he? Is he a top prospect?

Ozzy
02-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Who is Craig Cooper? Never heard of him. What school, position and what not is he? Is he a top prospect?Really? Never heard for him? He is a RB prospect on the Miami Hurricanes. He was supposed to be a star, but really is just a speed back, a little small, not that tough but has big play potential. But so did Shawnberry McNeal and he transfered to SMU and ripped it up.

Cooper is a decent prospect though and he did get injured this season, not sure of his status.