PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Oghobaase

Supporting Caste
02-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Where does everyone rank him? He's ranked low on NFLDC but the little I've seen between him, Dan Williams and Odrick leads me to believe he's the best of the three.

princefielder28
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I have Vince ranked as the #13 DT...I was high on him coming into the season but he did not take his play up to another level this year...I still love his skill set though

BeerBaron
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM
A guy who probably should have come out last year...his stock was much higher then. I saw early mocks with him as a late first rounder. That may have been a little high, but he still would have gone higher than he would have this year.

I like him as a 3-4 DE though. He's got great height for it and his weight is right around where you would want it.

SenorGato
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't get what's not to like about Oghobaase tbh. Up until this season, where he wasn't even terrible, he was a top high school then college DT with legit NFL measurables, high intelligence, and by all accounts a strong work ethic.

He's got a prototypical 3-4 DE skillset, size, and length. I'm extremely high on him and kept him in my top 5 3-4 DE propsects this whole time.

When he was good and healthy, and even at whatever strength he was at this year, he consistently saw and beat double and triple teams. He's one of the best 2 gap linemen in this draft, and it gives him the versatility to line up at any spot in any scheme at any given moment (obviously he's not a starting 4-3 DE).

He and Arthur Jones...one of the two...would be huge for the Jets D. I think he's better than the 3-4 DE's who've gone in the 3rd round lately (Jason Hatcher, Kenyon Coleman etc). Right now because of the down year I have him in the 3rd, but he can go as late as the 5th or as early as the mid-2nd.

I'd say he has a shot at the first, but that would really depend on what teams are looking for and what he offers to them at combine.

Supporting Caste
02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking he's maybe the top 3-4 defensive end in the draft. I'd actually be surprised if he didn't go in the top 50.

SenorGato
02-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm thinking he's maybe the top 3-4 defensive end in the draft. I'd actually be surprised if he didn't go in the top 50.

I like your style. He's certainly got everything needed to be there.

Most of his fall is due to the fact that people have forgotten him with all the newer toys out this season. Same for Jones...who just stopped being mentioned once he got hurt.

Grizzlegom
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM

As of now i'd put him at 5 in terms of 3-4 DEs

1. Brian Price
2. Jared Odrick
3. Corey Wootton
4. Arthur Jones
5. Vince Oghobaase

its still early in the process but if nothing else, it looks like a good year to need a 3-4 DE.

Rosebud
02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I think he'd also do well in a 4-3, he's got the size, strength and ability to handle double teams and with his length he can throw lineman aside when he needs to get in the backfield to make a play. Frankly he reminds me a lot of a bigger Chris Canty in that respect, I hope he falls on draft day because in the third or fourth he'd be a marvelous second DT for the giants, since we'll hopefully be grabbing one in the first.

nofalcons10
02-03-2010, 03:11 PM
i was actually thinking about him this morning as a backup 3-tech/3rd down interior pass-rusher in the second round.

i like him as a one-gap penetrator who i think is better than odrick against the run. to me, he extends his long arms better against guards to stop runners on the inside. he even flashes some burst to pursue plays laterally.

i wouldn't mind taking him or D'anthony smith in the second round.

RWills
02-04-2010, 07:38 AM
As of now i'd put him at 5 in terms of 3-4 DEs

1. Brian Price
2. Jared Odrick
3. Corey Wootton
4. Arthur Jones
5. Vince Oghobaase

its still early in the process but if nothing else, it looks like a good year to need a 3-4 DE.

Price is to small to be a 3-4 DE, and I question Wootton's strength and base for a 1st and 2nd down DE but I can see him as a nickel 3-4 rusher. Here is my top 15, Im keeping Wootton off until I see him at the combine

1. Ndamukong Suh - Richard Seymour type of impact
2. Gerald McCoy - Would be a good pass rusher at the 5
3. Jared Odrick - hard worker and gets to the QB
4. Carlos Dunlap - He can play the 5 in a 3-4, needs to get a little stronger
5. Arthur Jones - Someone is getting a steal in rd 2 because of injury
6. Lamarr Houston - Been flying up the boards
7. Vince Oghobaase - Will be a find in rd 3-5
8. Alex Carrington - Not sure he is a 3-4end or just a big 4-3 base, short arms
9. Earl Mitchell - showed the best first step of DT's at Sr bowl
10. Cam Thomas - Can play the end despite the size
11. Mike Neal
12. Tyson Alualu - I rank him this low because not sure he is a 3-4, too small
13. Brandon Deaderick
14. Cameron Jordan
15. Al Woods

SenorGato
02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Dunlap needs to get alot stronger...Houston is going to be really good for someone.

How short are Carrington's arms?

nofalcons10
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Dunlap needs to get alot stronger...Houston is going to be really good for someone.

How short are Carrington's arms?

only 31 3/8 inches.

exactly the same by comparison to shay hodge from ole miss at 6 ft. tall and andre roberts at 5'11 has 32 inch arms. carrington is 6'5.

all of the senior bow measurements can be found here.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-weighin-results-and-analysis.html