PDA

View Full Version : Curtis will NOT be a Lion!

TacticaLion
03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
An article (with good reasoning) from www.spartannation.com:
More breaking Lions news about Rams WR Kevin Curtis
By Hondo S. Carpenter Sr.

The Lions are out of the Kevin Curtis sweepstakes!

Late this afternoon I learned from a source close to Kevin Curtis that the Lions are no longer part of the equation for his services as a WR. I think the Lions would like Kevin, but I know they really like Shaun McDonald and I dont think they are willing to pay what he is commanding in this market, said the source.

Read: the Lions are not going to overpay for a WR. They know that they have a multitude of second day picks that can yield a very productive WR for less money. Clearly the Lions are set at WR #1-#3 with Roy, Furrey and McDonald. Adding Curtis would have been nice but not at the expense of being foolish with precious cap dollars with so many picks.

I still think the Lions will use those to move up for some other people (I will cover that with my 2007 draft preview) but they have to keep the dollars available under the cap to sign so many picks.

I would have liked to get Curtis, but Millen is playing this real smart.
It makes sense. Sure, we COULD still sign him... but I think he's outta the picture (and this article gives a good reason why).

Scotty D
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm calling the next signing of Kawika Mitchell or Chris Draft for 1 year and a low salary.

Notredameleo
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Good he seems like a psycho. I would like to see us grab Clowney from VT with one of our 5th round picks,

TacticaLion
03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Good he seems like a psycho. I would like to see us grab Clowney from VT with one of our 5th round picks,Clowney would be a good pick. They also "showed an interest" in Paul Williams.

I'm calling the next signing of Kawika Mitchell or Chris Draft for 1 year and a low salary.I'd be suprised if we target either. I think they have someone in mind for the draft (whether it be Willis or another player).

If they don't, MLB will be a top priority for the draft.

asmitty45
03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
If we cant get PWillis then I want Anthony Waters. He's a rangy MLB and would seemingly fit perfect in the Tampa 2. I think if they sign an MLB (KMitchell/CDraft) before the draft then theyll target a later round (4-5) MLB like Waters. But if they dont sign an MLB then i think theyll make a serious move for Willis

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
i hope they take Brandon Myles in the 4th or 5th round this kid seems like he could be a contributor pretty fast

Scotty D
03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
If we cant get PWillis then I want Anthony Waters. He's a rangy MLB and would seemingly fit perfect in the Tampa 2. I think if they sign an MLB (KMitchell/CDraft) before the draft then theyll target a later round (4-5) MLB like Waters. But if they dont sign an MLB then i think theyll make a serious move for Willis

People are sipping on the Willis juice quite hard, but I think signing Draft or Mitchell and then drafting Waters later on would be extremely ideal.

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
that would work but i think that if they sign a veteran MLB and expect him to start they will let Lehman come in as a backup. I'd hate to throw this guy out he was great as a rookie and was drafted to be a MLB if he is capable to come back to form than when he was as a rookie he could be our starter for a long time

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah I haven't given up on Lehman either. Him coming back from his injury, winning the MLB role and having a great year would be ideal for me. Unlikely to happen though, but weirder things have happened. The question is though how is Lehman in coverage?

Splat
03-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm calling the next signing of Kawika Mitchell or Chris Draft for 1 year and a low salary.

Could be Kawika Mitchell really screwed his self asking for crazy money that he is not worth he is a solid LB but not a 5 million a year LB which he wanted.

Xiomera
03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Curtis is OUT, CJ is IN (maybe).

Addict
03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Could be Kawika Mitchell really screwed his self asking for crazy money that he is not worth he is a solid LB but not a 5 million a year LB which he wanted.

kawika mitchell five million dollars a year.

that sounds like something out of a movie with ben stiller.

Splat
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I agree but that is what his agent was asking for and our GM LOL @ him.

Scotty D
03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
He will be an Eagle!

Xiomera
03-15-2007, 09:06 PM
He will be an Eagle!

Looks like I gotta change my mock draft . . . so does Scott . . . :eek:

TacticaLion
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Looks like I gotta change my mock draft . . . so does Scott . . . :eek:"Messed up my daggone top ten..." or whatever.

*Sigh*... I don't remember what the Holy One says there.

Addict
03-16-2007, 06:48 AM
"Messed up my daggone top ten..." or whatever.

*Sigh*... I don't remember what the Holy One says there.

Even if the Lions sign Curtis, I'd still kind of expect them to go WR before round three.