PDA

View Full Version : Your Money Back Guarantees are:

J-Mike88
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Looking ahead 6 years from now, which guys would you put your money on to have:

A) have made 2+ Pro Bowl Appearances

B) busted out of the league by then

C) guaranteed to surprise and make teams wonder how he was taken so low in the draft... (think about guys like Driver in round 7, Sproles in round 4, Josh Cribbs, Antonio Gates, Myles Austin, James Harrison, Elvis Dumervil, Anthony Romo, Kurtis Warner.... I'm talking day-2 finds)

JFLO
02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Pro-Bowl Lock - Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

Out of the League - Tough one, I'll say Greg Hardy

Late Round Gem - Keith Toston RB Oklahoma State

Caddy
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
A) Eric Berry

B) Sergio Kindle

C) Zac Robinson

Hurricanes25
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
A) Anthony Davis

B) Jason Pierre-Paul

C) Robert Johnson

J-Mike88
02-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Good stuff fellas.... I respect a man who goes out on a limb like that.
Kindle out of the league? I'd be shocked, but I have been many times before.
Hardy, I can see that.
I agree that McCoy is a sure thing too.

No Suh-Love yet? He has a lot of hype already.....

cvv84
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
A) Mike Iupati

B) Patrick Robinson

C) Taylor Price

Caddy
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
A) Mike Iupati

B) Patrick Robinson

C) Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell a late round gem? Really?

JFLO
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I think Suh is getting so much hype that it will sort of overflow amongst people. I'm not saying McCoy is the better talent, but he might as well be under the radar right now (as the #2 overall player) b/c Suh is getting so much attention.

Suh has some massive expectations to fill once he lands in St. Louis or Detroit, I'll just leave it at that. Not to criticize him for his superior play, but he is already expected to put up big time numbers from average NFL fans.

cvv84
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Bruce Campbell a late round gem? Really?

Ah I didn't really look at the original post hard enough, just skimmed it over.

I think Suh is getting so much hype that it will sort of overflow amongst people. I'm not saying McCoy is the better talent, but he might as well be under the radar right now (as the #2 overall player) b/c Suh is getting so much attention.

Suh has some massive expectations to fill once he lands in St. Louis or Detroit, I'll just leave it at that. Not to criticize him for his superior play, but he is already expected to put up big time numbers from average NFL fans.

I agree. I think he's a safe pick that will put up good numbers but won't ever be the next great DT. 50 tackles and 3-5 sacks is my projections for him.

Bengals78
02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
A.) Rolando McClain

B.) Jahvid Best (Injury)

C.) Robert Johnson

D-Unit
02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
1) Rolando McClain

2) Colt McCoy

3) Mico McSwain

Grizzlegom
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
A) Bryan Bulaga

B) Jerry Hughes

C) Andrew Quarless

DeepThreat
02-03-2010, 08:50 PM
1. Joe Haden
2. Brandon Spikes
3. Joe Webb

SKim172
02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Pro Bowl - Tough to say, but I'll go with Rolando McClain. Inside linebacker is a position that's easier to rack up the numbers and a good player can usually get into the swing of things by the second year.

Out of the league - I'm assuming you mean someone fairly highly rated, else I'd go with John Skelton. I'll go with Mike Iupati, I don't think he'll be out of the league, but I don't think he'll perform up to the level that's desired of him.

Late-rounder - Dan LeFevour. I think if he gets his shot, he'll take advantage of it.

I'd go with an RU guy, but I'm superstitious about making predictions. 6 years from now, Iupati will be the best lineman ever and McClain and LeFevour will be laughed out of the league. I'm that bad at predictions.

diabsoule
02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
1) Eric Berry
I know, I know, but I see greatness written across his body.... I've seen it!

2) Carlos Dunlap
Either him or JPP, I couldn't decide. Either you have it or you don't, and I don't get that from either of these two

3) Robert Johnson
Combine speed is one thing, game play is another. His game speed is fantastic and from what I've seen, the dude is just a playmaker.

02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
A) Sean Weatherspoon

B) Jerry Hughes

C) Emmanuel Sanders

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Pro Bowl: Rolando McClain
Out of League: Derrick Morgan
Gem: Kyle McCarthy

princefielder28
02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
1) Rolando McClain
2) Terrence Cody
3) Derek Hardman

Malaka
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Pro Bowl: Rolando McClain
Out of League: Derrick Morgan
Gem: Kyle McCarthy

Wow Derrick Morgan? Interesting, I think he's pretty safe to be at least an average starter.

Pro Bowl: C.J Spiller (I am going out on a limb here, but I can guarantee I can see him make a pro bowl or two just from returns if he doesn't work out as a runner, but I think he will.)

Out of the league: Tim Tebow (I really don't think he'll make it, I love his enthusiam and his determination but sometimes it just isn't enough.)

Gem: Austen Lane (I think he'll at least be an excellent situation pass rusher, in a 3-4 or 4-3.

MidwayMonster31
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
1) Russell Okung
2) Sam Bradford (don't think his injured shoulder will be up for it)
3) Adrian Tracy

Sniper
02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
1. Brandon Graham
2. Carlos Dunlap
3. Dan LeFevour

OneToughGame
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
1) Rolando McClain
2) Terrence Cody
3) Derek Hardman

He may be out of the league but he'll never be hard to find.

;)

gsorace
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Brandon Graham

Arrelious Benn

Mike Neal

Bengals78
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
He may be out of the league but he'll never be hard to find.

;)

I see what you did there...

MetSox17
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
a). Sergio Kindle

Hines
02-03-2010, 10:51 PM
A) Sean Weatherspoon

B) Carlos Dunlap

C) Joquie Bell

SenorGato
02-03-2010, 11:21 PM
A) Mike Iupati and Jimmy Clausen

B) Jason Pierre-Paul

C) Oghobaase, but I'll go way deeper and go Shay Hodge.

nofalcons10
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM
1) gresham---probably the most surefire offensive talent besides clausen

2)mike williams, syracuse

3)danario alexander---if he falls to the second day (second round)

prock
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
a) Jimmy Clausen - Don't know why, but I think this kid will do really well. Just a hunch. Somebody should quote that and post it in a few years after he is out of the league...

b) Taylor Mays - I don't think he will be that bad, but I am suprised no one has mentioned him yet, so I am gonna throw his name out there.

c) Eric Decker - This guy is the real deal.

Scotty D
02-04-2010, 02:20 AM
A)Eric Berry, S - Tennessee

B)Patrick Robinson, CB - Florida State

C)Tim Hiller, QB - Western Michigan

ChiFan24
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
300 posts. And it only took me three years. Maybe I'll finally start getting the respect I deserve around here, damn it.

1. Brandon Graham - Maybe not my #1 guarantee, but I'm fairly confident about it. I guess Eric Berry is the safer bet.

2. Toby Gerhart really doesn't do anything for me. I'm not a big Aaron Hernandez fan either. And Vlad Ducasse. One of those three will be gone.

3. I really need to start watching some tape. I think Ben Tate can start somewhere, so I'll go with him for now.

Razor
02-04-2010, 04:56 AM
a) Rolando McClain

b) Colt MCoy

c) Andre Roberts

lance uppercut
02-04-2010, 10:21 AM
A.) Brandon Graham

B.) Taylor Mays

C.) Dorin Dickerson

FlyingElvis
02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
1. Brandon Graham
2. Carlos Dunlap
3. Dan LeFevour

Cheater!! Quit copying my answers!!

Second options at all 3 spots for me are:

1. Jared Odrick

2. Toby Gerhart

3. Jevan Snead

no bare feet
02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
A. Jack Geiser : He will be a top 2-3 LS for the next 10 years

B. Jimmy Clausen : I just do not like him at all. I think he will suck.

C. Cornelius Brown : CB from UTEP. A ballhawk who had a tough senior year, but I can see him being a very good CB at the next level. He also had a few blocked punts in his career. This guy is going to make a roster and be impactful in some way.

Shane P. Hallam
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
A. I think Rolando McClain is my best bet. He has the pure talent and position to make the Pro Bowl twice out of six years.

B. This one is tough. It is hard to say someone will definitely be out of the league. If someone is going to become obscure, I guess I would go with Everson Griffen.

C. How deep do we want? I'd like to go Montario Hardesty as I really like him as a runner. May not turn into a star, but could be very productive. If we want a long shot, I'll take Arthur Moats from JMU.

mini
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
A) Cam Thomas
B) JPP
C) Colin Peek

tjsunstein
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Pro Bowls: No one screams pro bowler to me in this draft as much as Ndamukong Suh.

Out of the League: Really tough to say that anyone drafted in the first two round will be out of the league but if I had to take a guess, Arthur Jones.

Sleeper or Surprise player: CJ Wilson, DE from ECU

cdmPSU17
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
a) Gerald McCoy

b) JPP

c) Roy Upchurch

DiG
02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
A) Pro bowler - Ndamukong Suh, DT. I wanted to go with Mcclain but the amount of young talent at ILB right now in the NFL will make it difficult to be a perennial pro bowler.

B) Busted out in 2-3 years - Jahvid Best, RB. I think his inability to break tackles and his concussion issues will kill his future at the NFL level.

C) Guaranteed to surprise - Andre Roberts, WR. A lot of RBs could fit into this category so I decided to go another route. Speaking of routes, is there anyone better at running them than Andre Roberts???

HawkeyeFan
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
a) Jimmy Clausen

b) Derrick Morgan

c) LeGarrette Blount

hagy34
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
A. Dez Bryant
B. Tim Tebow
C. Myron Rolle

Supporting Caste
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
So everyone will be in the pro bowl and everyone will be out of the league. Cool.

In all seriousness, why are so many people down on Jerry Hughes and Derrick Morgan?

A. Suh. Easy.

B. Tebow. Easy.

C. Schofield

TACKLE
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
A) Rolando McClain - LB's tend to be able to have success early in their careers. McClain has all the talent but he also one of the hardest working and smartest players you'll find.

B) Eric Norwood - I don't know. I think his career is very dependent on his situation. He's probably to small and doesn't play with good enough leverage for a 3-4 OLB but that where his best shot at being successful is.

C) Jason Worilds - He was a dominant pass rusher as a sophomore and has an excellent speed rush that embarrassed ACC OT's. His stats were down a bit this right but in the right scheme, he could be a terror off the edge. If I had to pick someone else it would be Rennie Curran. He could be a studly WLB in a 4-3.

DeathbyStat
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
A) Suh

B) Terrence Cody

C) Sean Lee

oooww yeah forgot about

A) Mcclain

B)Tebow

Cicero
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
A. Eric Berry

B. Terrance Cody

C. Chris Cook or Andre Roberts

AntoinCD
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Pro bowler-Joe Haden

Out of the league-Bruce Campbell

Late round gem-Kyle McCarthy

RealityCheck
02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
1) Ndamukong Suh

2) Colt McCoy

3) E.J. Wilson

ojjuiceman
02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
A - Brandon Graham
B - Carlos Dunlap
C - LeGarrette Blount

J-Mike88
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
You two guys that put Carlos Dunlap as out of the league, are you guessing because of simple poor play, or off-field trouble a la Plaxico, Burress, Carruth, Gilbert Arenas, etc. ? Or a combination a la Charles Rogers kinda thing?

Just curious..

(nice late round gems/sleepers... this should be a fun thread to look back into down the road.....)

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
A Jimmy Clausen

B Sam Bradford

C Toby Gehrhart

Thumper
02-05-2010, 12:28 AM
A.) Rolando McClain, Joe Haden, Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, Maurkice Pouncey and Anthony Davis
B.) I'm not sure any big time prospects will be out of the league but I think Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays and the senior QBs will be back-ups, fringe starters or journeymen. But if I had to pick someone who might not make a team this year it would be Trevard Lindley
C.) Ryan Wolfe WR UNLV, TJ Ward S Oregon, Colin Peek TE Alabama and Dimitri Nance RB Arizona State

ndbigdave
02-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Honestly, this is the type of question I would feel a bit better answering once I see where the guys go...

A lot of players are a victim or beneficiary of a situation. A WR going to the Colts has a great chance to be successful, but if he goes to Oakland he may never pan out as they dont have a QB.

But based off of how I feel about them RIGHT NOW...

A) R. McClain. LB's have been having instant impacts in the league the last few years and I can see McClain being the type that can step in and start from Day 1.

B) JPP - Any time I start reading about "physical freaks" that need to "add weight" and needs to "refine skills" I see someone who will be drafted high with high expectations surrounding that scary word "potential" and yet, years later, we find out he cant play the game of football and is now selling used cars.

C) Myron Rolle - He is a guy who might sneak into the 3rd but is still getting only 4th round love. People will look back at him as a top flight HS prospect and three year starter at FSU and wonder - wow - no one thought he had potential to be this good?

brasho
02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
1) Sean Weatherspoon-unlike most other players I think he succeeds regardless of scheme

2)a.Eric Berry---yep, I said it. Berry will probably measure in closer to 5'9 190 lbs than his listed 5'11 203 plus he's disappeared in big games more than once. Will he be out of the league, probably not. Will he be a star, highly doubtful, especially after he's tried at all 3 positions with limited success b. Terrence Cody Unlike Berry, he won't measure in smaller than he's listed, but whatever he weighs in at at the combine, he'll never see that weight again because once he gets his money he'll likely buy stock in Krispy Kreme and he'll grow larger than a float at the Macy's Day Parade.

3) I'm going to go with CB Chris Cook of UVa, just enough speed, great size for CB, is aggressive and comes from a school with a great reputation for productive pros. He may end up at FS and be another Tanard Jackson or stay at CB in a T-2 scheme. Robert Johnson, I like as well, he's too instinctive not to make it.

brasho
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
I also think that unless Javier Arenas gets with a team that runs primarily cover-2, he'll go way of DeJuan Tribble of a few years back (he also showed he couldn't cover in space at the Senior Bowl), will be gone (unless he really proves to be Mel Gray returning punts.

Another guy that will probably be an UDFA that I think will at least make a roster at some position is former UVa CB/WR/QB Vic Hall. This guy is just a football player and like Troy Brown and Mike Furrey, he will find a spot somewhere.

RealityCheck
02-05-2010, 09:10 AM
C Toby Gehrhart
Late round gem? Lol.

GoRavens
02-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Keith Toston will be a pro bowler

lod01
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Pro-Bowl Lock - Suh

Out of the League - Tebow

Late Round Gem - Carlton Mitchell

Mr. Offseason
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
1- Eric Berry- I saw one guy who thought he didn't look good, but the guy has amazing instincts, good/great speed, he is a ball-hawk, he is a good tackler (he goes for the big hit too much, but that is something that you can coach). He has good hands, good instincts and good play making ability. Sign me up.

Rolando McClain- He is like another coach on the field, he is so smart. He might not be the best athlete, but he is a great tackler, packs a big punch as a hitter and will be the heart and soul of a defense in the NFL. I almost put him on my #3 list also because he could be a Patrick Willis type guy where far lesser players are drafted ahead of him and years later some guys are saying "God, why didn't we draft McClain instead of "X"?!?!"

2- Jermaine Gresham- I haven't liked Gresham since last November, and back then he didn't have injury issues. He body catches, doesn't have consistent hands when he catches away from his body (lots of drops), doesn't look like he will develop into a good route runner, etc. He just reeks of bust to me.

Taylor Mays- This is a pretty easy one, but I don't think he will be able to improve his instincts enough to compensate for his slow change of direction speed and his propensity to play the receiver and not the ball. That's just me though, maybe he will prove me wrong. But he's a potential top 10-15 pick and I don't think he will live up to his potential if he is drafted that high. Maybe if he slides a bit he will have some pressure taken off of him, but if I had to pick between him panning out and busting I would pick busting.

3- Ed Dickson- I love Dickson as a prospect. He is a good receiver. He makes the easy catches like he is supposed to make and makes some real tough catches, even when he is in traffic. I think he could have a role similar to JerMichael Finley on the Packers as a rookie and maybe in his second season while he develops a bit as a blocker, works on route running and maybe adds a little bulk. Then he would emerge as a starter and I think he could be an impact player as a TE.

Jason Worilds- Worilds was a 4-3 LE at VT but he is a definite 4-3 RE prospect and maybe even a 3-4 OLB prospect. It will be interesting to see how he does in linebacker drills at the combine. He is a great pass rusher though, and he won't measure at any taller than 6'2" which might hurt his stock. But he can straight up rush the passer, and he could offer some versatility. As I mentioned before he is an undersized guy, and I think he is another guy like Brandon Graham that will get knocked because of his size, but Worilds will make people regret passing on him (if they do).

This is a great idea for a thread, good post.

Texas Homer
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
A) WR Jordan Shipley

C) OLB Rod Muckelroy

Brothgar
02-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Time to be BOLD

1. George Selvie he's a guy I really like
2. Sam Bradford another shoulder injury will finish him.
3. McFadden