PDA

View Full Version : Combine Snubs

DeathbyStat
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Anyone that people wanted to see at the combine, but won't get the chance?

OneToughGame
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Freddie Barnes.

Grizzlegom
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
AJ Wallace has all the physical tools and would have really helped his stock.

tjsunstein
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Rico McCoy, LB from Tenn.

DeathbyStat
02-04-2010, 10:00 AM
AJ Wallace has all the physical tools and would have really helped his stock.

Yeah I'm a penn state fan and I forgot about the guy.....Justin King blazed pretty well at the combine but it didn't really help his stock

YAYareaRB
02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Jan Jorgensen.. DE from BYU

DeathbyStat
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Freddie Barnes.

It might help him I can't see him running very well

ncst8fan83
02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Toney Baker...I wanted to see him compared to all the other good RB's this year.

Don Vito
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Ole Miss OLB Patrick Trahan

Grizzlegom
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah I'm a penn state fan and I forgot about the guy.....Justin King blazed pretty well at the combine but it didn't really help his stock

yea but justin king was expected to blaze and he was all speed so all he did was validate what everyone thought. Wallace is much more of a physical specimen and i think his all around athleticism would allow him to improve his stock better than king would have.

RealityCheck
02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Barnes, Wallace and Trahan are the biggest snubs, no doubt.

Also, Naaman Roosevelt.

truth393
02-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Tim Brown, WR Rutgers
Sam Shields, CB Miami

Shields would of probably ran the fastest forty at the combine. He supposely ran a 4.2 in the forty last spring.

OneToughGame
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
It might help him I can't see him running very well

How so? Nobody expects anything better then a 4.6 out of him. I think the drills would have helped him.

foozball
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Robert Johnson Utah

Giantsfan1080
02-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Kevin Haslam, OT Rutgers

SKim172
02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Some other Rutgers guys:

DE/OLB George Johnson
FB Jack Corcoran
C Ryan Blaszyzck
LB Damaso Munoz

Fullback and center are a little overlooked, but George Johnson is a physical specimen - a Combine workout could have really helped him out.

And Tim Brown would've burned the track.

Giantsfan1080
02-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Some other Rutgers guys:

DE/OLB George Johnson
LB Damaso Munoz
FB Jack Corcoran
C Ryan Blaszyzck

Fullback and center are a little overlooked, but George Johnson and Munoz are absolutely physical specimens - a Combine workout could have really helped the two.

And Tim Brown would've burned the track.

Besides Johnson those guys aren't even in any of the senior games so I'm not to suprised. The RU pro day will be where they show off their skills. Most of them weren't going to be drafted anyway.

critesy
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
what i wrote in another thread about CB Walter McFadden Auburn

its true. with jon wilhite, pat lee and jarraud powers in the last 2 years being drafted from the 2-5 rounds. showing that auburn putting out good/draftable dbs. and theres nothing saying walter isnt as good or even better then them. he also has bloodlines in the nfl with bryant mcfadden. im shocked.

Day One Pick
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Here's a big list here.

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/news-and-information/combine/buzz-news-information/457-combine-noteable-snubs.html

RealityCheck
02-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Here's a big list here.

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/news-and-information/combine/buzz-news-information/457-combine-noteable-snubs.html
Mike Tepper was invited.

Wow, too many snubs.

Day One Pick
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
What about a reverse question, who was invited that shouldn't have been.

DraftSwag
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
AJ Wallace might be the softest corner in the country. He is far from a specimen and couldnt even stay on the field fulltime as a senior with Lydell Sargeant and Tony Davis leaving. The dude didnt get invited to the Combine cause he was a average football player in college. All hype no production.

underscore
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
AJ Wallace might be the softest corner in the country. He is far from a specimen and couldnt even stay on the field fulltime as a senior with Lydell Sargeant and Tony Davis leaving. The dude didnt get invited to the Combine cause he was a average football player in college. All hype no production.

What he said

Grizzlegom
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM

he didnt see the field because he was in JoePa's doghouse. I agree he plays soft but if you watched the last 5 games of the season, he showed that all his recruiting hype was merited if he hadn't lived in JoePa's doghouse, he'd be a third rounder at worst.

iworshipbender
02-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Will Tukuafu, Oregon DE

Santonio10
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
he didnt see the field because he was in JoePa's doghouse. I agree he plays soft but if you watched the last 5 games of the season, he showed that all his recruiting hype was merited if he hadn't lived in JoePa's doghouse, he'd be a third rounder at worst.

No way he gets taken higher than third imo. 4-7 is where he would be. Great athlete, just didn't do anything. If PSU didn't run cover 3 the entire game and would start to press people, I think he would have been awesome.

diabsoule
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Robert Johnson Utah

He played balls out in their bowl game. I'm surprised he wasn't invited.

3Man20
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I agree with ncst8fan83...a healthy Toney Baker will compare favorably with the top backs of this class...and as long as we're talking NC State players, I was a little surprised that DT Alan Michael Cash was not invited.

ammandss
02-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Nate Collins, DT from Virginia.

Grizzlegom
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
No way he gets taken higher than third imo. 4-7 is where he would be. Great athlete, just didn't do anything. If PSU didn't run cover 3 the entire game and would start to press people, I think he would have been awesome.

O i agree under the current circumstances, i'd be surprised if he's taken higher than the 6th even if he does workout well. I'm just saying if he hadn't lived in the doghouse, he'd be considered a 2nd-3rd round guy because he's that talented.

JhawkFitness
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Jake Sharp, RB, Kansas. Had 800+ yards as a JR despite splitting time at RB, word is he clocked an electronic 4.29 after spring ball but played his SR year with a broken leg.

StaticGator
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Arkansas RB/WR/KR Michael Smith. Admittedly I'm not sure if his season-ending injury had anything to do with it.

Hawk
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Surprised Perrilloux didn't get an invite.

DeathbyStat
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I not sure why penn state even attempts to recruit athletes at the corner. They never play the ball

herschel4heisman
02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Kade Weston and Walter McFadden.

As a UGA, I believe Weston was more consistent than Jeff Owens last year yet Weston wasn't even invited to the Senior Bowl or the Combine

MinerRod
02-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Jeff Moturi UTEP WR

batsandgats
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Jake Sharp, Im not the first to mention this but this guy came into Kansas running a 4.5 and got it down to the 4.2 range according to the coaches, so he would probably time in the 4.3 range electronically. Also ran a 10.4 100 meter dash in high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdUHKL0HlQ
here are his highlights

The guy is really quick and has a good burst. He had an injury his senior season and wasn't 100 percent which is why he is caught from behind on that 56 yard run, but Mangino kept playing him anyway. Originally had problems with being patient while running and following his blocks when he first came to KU but got the hang of it somewhat his sophmore year and really got the hang of it his junior year. He should have gotten an invite considering Kahil Bell got one last year.

He is not only a running threat, he is a great receiving threat, had 1143 yards and 13 tds his junior season with rushing/receiving combined, and this is with not getting a significant number of snaps until the 5th game into the season when he took a shovel pass for 67 yards and the coach finally realized what a threat he was with the ball in his hands after getting into a rythym, then he started getting signifiant carries, before that he was only getting around 5-8 touches a game

kjaeh
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Kevin Haslam Rutgers...From what I understand it came down to just one vote between him and C. Scott(Tenn).
Haslam had a great year shutting down guys such as Witten(UConn), Sheard(Pitt), Pierre Paul(USF) and maybe had a better and more consistant year then fellow OT A.Davis.