PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 - New Podcast

Scott Wright
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey,

I will be taping a new podcast tonight (Friday) at 6pm EST.

It will be an All-Star game edition. I'll start out by talking a little about the East / West Shrine Game. At 6:15pm EST I'll be joined by Chris Steuber of Scout.com to recap the Senior Bowl. Then at 6:45pm EST Cecil Lammey of DraftGuys.com will come on to talk Texas vs. The Nation.

Be sure to tune in at http://www.primesportsnetwork.com

If you can't catch it live the archive will be available later at the same address and on iTunes.

Halsey
02-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I guess my question didn't really fit the topic being discussed. I remembered your show was airing at 6pm today and just wanted to ask that question, forgetting that the show was dedicated to the college all-star games. My bad.

Scotty D
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Scott, I didn't know where or how to ask this question but...what were your impressions of the Lion's coaching staff during the senior bowl? Any observations about Schwartz or other coaches?

Scott Wright
02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
No problem Halsey!

Scotty D: I was impressed with Coach Schwartz. Not only a nice guy but seemed to know what he was doing and had a command of the practices.

RealityCheck
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Awesome job as always Scott.

TheSlinger
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
It saddened me to hear the Tebow to Jags talk because I expect that kind of laziness from the talking heads, but not from people like Scott Wright and Chris Steuber. After all, it's not like the Jags are worth actually investigating, just how every off-season and trade deadline our good young players are always on the block (last trade deadline was supposedly MJD and Mike Sims-Walker). After all, small markets are just a farm team for New York, California and Texas, right?

I digress.

The Jags are among the least likely teams to draft Tebow.

What started this nonsense was an interview with (Jags owner) Wayne Weaver where, if you listen to the talking heads, he laid down a directive to draft Tebow to sell tickets. The reality? He was asked his opinion of Tebow. His answer: He is a talented athlete who would help any team.

That's it.

A generic coachspeak answer. That's what you're going on.

Or perhaps you're just using "common sense". The Jags have trouble with ticket sales, and Tebow's a local hero who can sell out the stadium, right?

No.

The Jags are among the lowest teams in ticket sales. However, due to a new "Team Teal" initiative, ticket sales for 2010 are far above what they were in 2009, even without Tebow! I can't give you exactnumbers because I'm not actually from Jacksonville and don't really care about ticket sales.

More importantly, who in their right minds will honestly think that giving Tebow three touches a game will sell out the stadium? Or do you think that Weaver will order JDR to start Tebow.

Perhaps that's the misconception here. Weaver is not Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. He is not a meddler. He does not set the line-up, he does not make draft choices. All personnel choices are in the hands of Gene Smith. In the past there was a "concensus" type approach, but last year the final say was given entirely to Gene, and he went on to have the most productive draft of any team in the NFL, so there's no reason to expect that to change.

Even more, THREE in the Jaguars organization have come out against drafting Tebow. Uche Nwarneri obviously, but also Mike Sims-Walker. You can say that they're players and have no input or insider knowledge, but the third is senior editor Vic Ketchman. He's taken to answering every question regarding Tebow with "I wouldn't worry about that". This is a guy who talks with everybody inside the Jags organization saying there's nothing to see here, non-issue, move on.

Please, end the Tebow to Jags talk. It's not going to happen.

Really had to get that off my chest.

SplitOTE
02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Anybody have any issues with the latest podcast showing up on their itunes? The latest podcast I have showing is 1/29.

Scott Wright
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Anybody have any issues with the latest podcast showing up on their itunes? The latest podcast I have showing is 1/29.

Sorry about that, I guess the person who does that over at Prime Sports Network has been ill and hasn't gotten around to it yet. I'll do my best to get it up there as soon as possible.

Be sure to tune in to this week's show (Friday @ 5pm EST) as well, my guests will be Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard and BYU FB Manase Tonga.