PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker

Bills2083
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
There seems to be quite a lot of love for him on these boards, so I was wondering what round you guys see him going in?

EDIT:
I see that my thread can go into the WR Discussion Thread

ojjuiceman
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Mid 3rd - Early 4th

Babylon
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Only problem i see on the field is his ability to get seperation at the next level. In the games i saw he took a lot of hits because of it or maybe it was just a weak armed QB. Injury will probably knock him down a bit.

prock
02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
there is no bigger eric decker supporter on this board than me. realistically, 3rd or 4th. but i think he is better than a lot of receivers who will go before him.

ALP1987
02-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Hes a beast. Hes got good size, gets good separation (that's why he got the ball thrown to him 12+ times every game), he has very good hands and hes a good route runner. His problem is simple. His injury history. He might have been a late first to second round guy but his last injury just killed his draft stock. He cant workout at the combine so he cant show people that he actually has good speed so with that in mind hes a 3rd round pick at best. I could see him actually falling into the 5th.

Monomach
02-06-2010, 11:47 PM
He'll fall to the 10th pick of the 4th round.

batsandgats
02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
He should go in the 2nd round but will probably fall to the 4th.

He gets good seperation, the problem is, his quarterback was horrible and waited so long to throw the ball, Decker would be open and have a few yards of seperation and Weber would wait so long to throw it, and plenty of times he had to slow down to catch the ball. He is a very physical wide receiver and a great route runner, would be a steal if he goes in the 3rd or later. He is very tough, I think he had that injury earlier in the season but kept playing on it, making it worse in the long run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9WWaKQk5s
Career highlights of Decker

BlueBandit24
02-13-2010, 10:53 AM
He should go in the 2nd round but will probably fall to the 4th.

He gets good seperation, the problem is, his quarterback was horrible and waited so long to throw the ball, Decker would be open and have a few yards of seperation and Weber would wait so long to throw it, and plenty of times he had to slow down to catch the ball. He is a very physical wide receiver and a great route runner, would be a steal if he goes in the 3rd or later. He is very tough, I think he had that injury earlier in the season but kept playing on it, making it worse in the long run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9WWaKQk5s
Career highlights of Decker

I agree. He's big, physical, tough, and I think he'll make an excellent #2 receiver in the league. Late 2nd or 3rd is the range he should go IMO.

ALP1987
02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I agree. He's big, physical, tough, and I think he'll make an excellent #2 receiver in the league. Late 2nd or 3rd is the range he should go IMO.

I actually think he could develop into a #1 WR if given the chance. Heck if the Bears can have Hester as their #1 then im sure Decker can be a #1. He could start right now (once healthy) and be the #1 for any of these teams (Bears, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, Rams and Buccaneers).

The knock tho is his health. His injury history will be the major concern that most teams will have with him and that will take him from a 2nd round guy to possibly a late 4th.

Texas Homer
02-13-2010, 08:42 PM
2nd or 3rd is my guess.

Grizzlegom
02-13-2010, 08:47 PM
im a big fan of decker and i think he should go anywhere from mid second to mid third. I have him as my 'dream draft' player for Miami in the third and i think he would be a steal there.

Monomach
02-14-2010, 01:20 AM
I actually think he could develop into a #1 WR if given the chance. Heck if the Bears can have Hester as their #1 [redacted for silliness]

lol @ any argument that has the way the Bears use a receiver (to use the term loosely) being applied to any other team.

The Bears are stupid stupidheads. Remember that.

Nard_Dog
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has 2nd round talent, and would make a excellent number. 2 receiver. He has a excellent work ethic, and good size. He will be a steal in the 3rd or 4th. Wouldn't mind it if the Broncos nabbed him.