PDA

View Full Version : Over-Achiever or Under-Achiever?

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Which do you consider yourself. Whether you make your judgement off of your work environment or whether you base it off of your success or lack of success in school, what do you consider yourself to be?

Personally I think I'm a slight under-achiever because I've always been book smart but the grades never are extremely high. Thoughts anyone? Discuss.

Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Where's obcene under-achiever? With my IQ and test scores I should be a straight A student, but I'm barely getting Cs in my AP classes.

thule
06-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Where's obcene under-achiever? With my IQ and test scores I should be a straight A student, but I'm barely getting Cs in my AP classes.

taking AP classes alone make you an overachiever

SuperMcGee
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
im quite the underachiever myself. I do amazing on all my tests but dont do enough assignments and also get lazy. I also don't prepare myself well. I didnt expect the essay to be the first part of the SAT and i didnt finish it. i was tired and couldnt get a controlling idea going

jetvilma51
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
when i was little i was told by 5 teachers i was ******** (litterally) and now im an A and B student

i wasnt saposed to be getin any playing time for b ball cause my coach hates me for gettin a fight with him during football season and i didnt have a jump shot at the begining of season and now i have the best on the team

im not sure if that has anything to do with under or overacheiveing but whatever

thule
06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm probabally the biggest under achiever on this board.

I got a 26 on my ACT...yet i flunked 2 required classes my last semester so i'm forced to take 2 plus one from the year before this summer.

I'm so lazy I won't even call up my teacher to find out why I got 0's on assignments I was excused from.

Not to mention I just got a new job...went for the first 3 days...and haven't been back in 10 days. Needless to say i'm a waste of human life.

Oh and to cap it off, I was a good baseball player, basketball player, and qb in football, yet I choose to quit all those sports before I was out of high school because of the commitment it took.

Vince Lombardi
What up twiddler.

I'm probably an overachiever simply because I'm a slacker/procrastinator and I just seem to fall into things.

At the same time I'm probably an underachiver because I could be doing even greater things if I really applied myself.

I guess I need a girl who'll nag me on to greatness. lol

Twiddler

Sorry, forgot that option. But still your in AP classes which means you have some motivation. At least it works that way at my school.

jetvilma51
when i was little i was told by 5 teachers i was *********** (litterally) and now im an A and B student

i wasnt saposed to be getin any playing time for b ball cause my coach hates me for gettin a fight with him during football season and i didnt have a jump shot at the begining of season and now i have the best on the team

im not sure if that has anything to do with under or overacheiveing but whatever

i cant even call myself retar.ded :lol:

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm an underacheiver like Newt. I'm what they call "a gifted learner", but I don't even try, I pretty much hate school. And I especially hate doing homework.

06-05-2006, 09:32 PM

Sorry, forgot that option. But still your in AP classes which means you have some motivation. At least it works that way at my school.

No it means my teachers can't make an arguement against me getting into those classes because of my abilities.

06-05-2006, 09:33 PM

IQ 175-85, 33 ACT (still stoned), 1470 SAT (hung over) with those numbers I should do so much more.

SuperMcGee
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM

IQ 175-85, 33 ACT (still stoned), 1470 SAT (hung over) with those numbers I should do so much more.

i wish i knew my IQ, or my SAT score (3 more weeks til i get that)

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM

No it means my teachers can't make an arguement against me getting into those classes because of my abilities.

I see. I've got two AP classes next year in AP Chem and AP Psych. I'm interested in seeing how those go for me.

elway777
06-05-2006, 09:39 PM
at school underachiever.

at football overacheiver.

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:39 PM

Holy Sh*t man. Thats crazy. I think I'm in the 135-140 range and I only managed to get a 26 on the ACT's. This may sound weird, but it must suck be that smart.

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
at school underachiever.

Thatta boy.... :lol:

You'd fit in well at my school.

06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I consider myself as an average to below average looking guy who has been getting entirely too little ***** lately and needs to step his game up. 2nd year in college and I'm pulling a Miami (Nat. Championship or bust) and saying if I don't sleep with 4 women it's a bust.

SuperMcGee
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
im decent at sports for my build, which is extremely thin and frail, so in that sense i overachieve
but in the same sense if i just worked out and put some effort into it i would more than likely be on a few teams at my school, so im quite the underachiever there

06-05-2006, 09:43 PM

Holy Sh*t man. Thats crazy. I think I'm in the 135-140 range and I only managed to get a 26 on the ACT's. This may sound weird, but it must *********** be that smart.

Meh, makes school lame as hell, but not really bad outside of school.

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:46 PM

Holy Sh*t man. Thats crazy. I think I'm in the 135-140 range and I only managed to get a 26 on the ACT's. This may sound weird, but it must *********** be that smart.

Yeah I could see that. I even find school boring some times.

06-05-2006, 09:49 PM

If you people believe what Hawks and Sox is bullshitting about... then you are an underachiever becuase you are really THAT stupid.

dwareroy
06-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Underacheiver. As an engineer major I have made dean's list every semester and have never studied or done any work except the night before it is due. If I focused myself even a little a 4.0 would be a joke.

06-05-2006, 09:51 PM

If you people believe what Hawks and Sox is bullshitting about... then you are an underachiever becuase you are really THAT stupid.

This stuff actually isn't bull.

06-05-2006, 09:52 PM

Hawks and Sox sometimes you make yourself sound like the most exciting and fun and intelligent person of all tiem. You have crazy parties and get f'd up all the time and yet you're still a freakin genius and you don't even work hard to become so smart.

Twiddler
06-05-2006, 09:53 PM

Sorry, I forgot my ability to judge who people are and what they are all about over the internet through a forum at home.

06-05-2006, 09:55 PM

Sorry, I forgot my ability to judge who people are and what they are all about over the internet through a forum at home.

that was exactly my point.

06-05-2006, 09:55 PM

Hawks and Sox sometimes you make yourself sound like the most exciting and fun and intelligent person of all tiem. You have crazy parties and get f'd up all the time and yet you're still a freakin genius and you don't even work hard to become so smart.

Not true. I don't party nearly as much as I'd like to, but when I do I like to make it count. That's all.

ny10804
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm an extreme overachiever. I have a 98.2 average, and I start all my homework after 11 and during homeroom. Speaking of homework, I still haven't gotten around to my chem.

When I got my first report card, I thought it was a mistake or something.

NewAgePack
06-05-2006, 10:00 PM
slight underachiever

Brodeur
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
An extreme underacheiver. Most of the kids with 4.0 GPA come to me for help on homework and stuff like that, and I only have a 3.4 GPA. I really don't study or try in any of my classes which is the reason why I don't have a 4.0. It's all due to me being lazy.

Maroney22
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Sports-Over Achiever

Academics-**** them im an underachiever

I should have a 4.0 but i have a 2.9

06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
An extreme underacheiver. Most of the kids with 4.0 GPA come to me for help on homework and stuff like that, and I only have a 3.4 GPA. I really don't study or try in any of my classes which is the reason why I don't have a 4.0. It's all due to me being lazy.

Dude I seriously think we're related. We like the same types of women, according to that test, like similar movies and music and now it turns out we treat school in the same way.

Brodeur
06-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Dude I seriously think we're related. We like the same types of women, according to that test, like similar movies and music and now it turns out we treat school in the same way.

Outside of the fact that I thought Pi was not that great, I'm almost sure we are related.

06-05-2006, 10:54 PM

Outside of the fact that I thought Pi was not that great, I'm almost sure we are related.

Were do you live?

snuff
06-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Defiantly an underachiever in school.

CGF is bsing about his 175-185 IQ....

176 + = 99.9999 percenticle of the worlds population.

Not to mention I doubt anyone with an IQ that high would be stupid enough to brag every chance they get about how smart they are.

nobodyinparticular
06-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Which do you consider yourself. Whether you make your judgement off of your work environment or whether you base it off of your success or lack of success in school, what do you consider yourself to be?

Personally I think I'm a slight under-achiever because I've always been book smart but the grades never are extremely high. Thoughts anyone? Discuss.

Depends on what you're talking about. I'm a gross over-achiever in work and in sports but I'm an underachiever (sometimes worse than others depending on if I actually want to try) in classes. I just hate homework... Like essays I'll do, but tedious little things are freaking ********. Don't give me homework in a class and I will get an A, make homework 50% of the grade and really boring, and I will do just enough to get a mediocre grade (ranging from D+ to B depending on my interest in the class)

Outside the classroom, I'm the guy who spends an extra hour at the track after everyone has gone home or spends an hour and a half in self-motivated working out at home.

06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Defiantly an underachiever in school.

CGF is bsing about his 175-185 IQ....

176 + = 99.9999 percenticle of the worlds population.

Not to mention I doubt anyone with an IQ that high would be stupid enough to brag every chance they get about how smart they are.

OMFG YOU CALLED MY BLUFF :roll:

snuff
06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Ok I believe you are 1 in 136,975,305.....

180+ would also make you basically more intelligent than Da Vanci, Calvin, Mozart, Beethoven, Coleridge, and many other polymaths.

Pit Bull #53
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Depends on what you're talking about. I'm a gross over-achiever in work and in sports but I'm an underachiever (sometimes worse than others depending on if I actually want to try) in classes. I just hate homework... Like essays I'll do, but tedious little things are freaking ***********. Don't give me homework in a class and I will get an A, make homework 50% of the grade and really boring, and I will do just enough to get a mediocre grade (ranging from D+ to B depending on my interest in the class)

That describes me exactly in regards to schoolwork as well.

06-05-2006, 11:32 PM

180+ would also make you basically more intelligent than Da Vanci, Calvin, Mozart, Beethoven, Coleridge, and many other polymaths.

IQ is a horrible system. It only measures learning potential and that doesn't account for potential with a lack of base skills, thus even a person with perfect learning potential would do atrociously if they lacked base skills.

snuff
06-05-2006, 11:42 PM

IQ is a horrible system. It only measures learning potential and that doesn't account for potential with a lack of base skills, thus even a person with perfect learning potential would do atrociously if they lacked base skills.

Well then basically your saying all your information you gave us is useless and your intelligence is equal to that of keaks possibly? What do you suggest we use as a measure of intelligence?

Random:
The most intelligent person alive right now is believed to have a IQ of 186, and write for Parade magazine.

06-05-2006, 11:46 PM

Well then basically your saying all your information you gave us is useless and your intelligence is equal to that of keaks possibly? What do you suggest we use as a measure of intelligence?

Random:
The most intelligent person alive right now is believed to have a IQ of 186, and write for Parade magazine.

Well in my opinion intelligence is a combination of knowledge, the potential to retain information, the ability to learn and the ability to reason logically. Don't know how to make a test of it yet.

snuff
06-05-2006, 11:49 PM
nihilism is the answer. :lol:

06-05-2006, 11:52 PM

Have you atleast seen lebowski yet?

yodabear
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Under-Achiever

snuff
06-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Have you atleast seen lebowski yet?Nope.

DHVF
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
An extreme underacheiver. Most of the kids with 4.0 GPA come to me for help on homework and stuff like that, and I only have a 3.4 GPA. I really don't study or try in any of my classes which is the reason why I don't have a 4.0. It's all due to me being lazy.Amazing, that is me to a T. Same gpa, same kids with 4.0's asking me for help. :lol: Crazy ****.

snuff
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
William James Sidis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_James_Sidis) defies all basic skill requirements and proves the IQ test is fairly usefull I believe.

yodabear
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I have a 4.0 GPA.

Vespasian
06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
A slight over-achiever.

I get my sh*t done and do the odd extra.

ninerfan
06-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I under achieve but I dont really care that much

birdman11
06-06-2006, 12:25 AM
at school underachiever.

you must have fun watching all the black guys dominate from where youre at on the bench huh? im sure you dont play at LB poly

nobodyinparticular
06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
at school underachiever.

you must have fun watching all the black guys dominate from where youre at on the bench huh? im sure you dont play at LB poly

Holy freaking crap what a jerk.

birdman11
06-06-2006, 12:29 AM
at school underachiever.

simply kidding, me and elway always do this kinda shi.t

steelersfan43
06-06-2006, 12:29 AM
at school underachiever.

wow newulm is a big meany :(

drowe
06-06-2006, 08:27 AM
....and proud of it.

anyone know what that's from?