PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones Announces Retirement

summond822
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
This is a really sad day for Seahawks fans. Arguably the greatest LT of all time and the best Seahawk, probably ever, is calling it a career.

http://twitter.com/BJRTH

Thanks for everything Walt.

zachsaints52
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?

summond822
02-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?

No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.

Babylon
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.

I think they knew they needed something permanent there with or without Jones' announcement (not official yet by the way). I think they have to go with a tackle either at #6 or the latest #14 barring some sort of trading down that may just well occur. All these mocks i see with Sam Bradford going #6, i feel like kicking the computer when i see that.

Cicero
02-09-2010, 02:35 PM

LT was still our second biggest need whether Walter Jones gave it a try or not. No one was expecting him to be much of a factor if he even managed to play this year.

AntoinCD
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years. Not a bad year to need a LT though, while not quite as top end quality as last year the Seahawks could legitimately have a shot at every OT in the draft depending on what Detroit, Washington and KC do.

thenewfeature06
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK

Cicero
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK

I really don't think this has any effect on Pete Carrol's board. I doubt he was counting on getting anything out of big Walt.

Stranger
02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Great player, always been one of my favourites in the division.

Seahawks were probably targeting a tackle with one of their firsts regardless but it wouldn't have hurt to have Walt around to tutor the new recruit.

Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years.

Tough to impress when he hasn't played a game in a year and a half.

Babylon
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM

I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.

summond822
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.

I really want to get that extra first next year...and trading down 4-5 spots and picking up a first next year would be an amazing move by the seahawks. Get right into that range for the value of LT & BPA at 14.

TACKLE
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Too bad. Walter Jones is one of my favorite players ever. I am from just outside Vancouver (Canada) so I got to watch a ton of Seahawks games. I loved Walter Jones. One of the great lineman of this generation. Future HOFer and one of the great LT to ever play the game.

summond822
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
It became official today...damn it I'm getting all emotional...

Walter Jones is without a doubt the greatest Seahawks player of all time. I just wish he could have gone out on top...

jballa838
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for everything Walter. Top 3 tackle ever.

jerseykl
08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
San Diego Chargers (http://www.reebokjerseyonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=15_27&products_id=2074) #17 Philip Rivers 50TH Anniversary NFL Jerseys (http://www.reebokjerseyonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=15_27&products_id=2074).Philip Rivers San Diego Chargers Name and Number Rugby jerseys, made by Reebok the official authentic on-field producers of NFL apparel and jerseys. Jacob Hester and 17 are printed on the back in authentic font. Officially licensed NFL National Football League.NFL Hologram Sticker Adult Sizing.NFL into AFC and NFC.