PDA

View Full Version : What CB would you like to see the Lions take in the draft?

Jagonsucker
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Arron Ross in round 2 would be nice. WHo do you think the Lions will or should take because obviously we still need another CB to fill in for Dre Bly.

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
i would absolutely love to see revis fall to our pick in the second i think he's gonig to be real good and with houston passing him as #2 CB IMO i think theres a chance that happens

asmitty45
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Damieyon Hughes in the second, he had a ton of picks and seems to be a defensive gamechanger in that regard, he's not specatacular in man coverage so playing in the Cover 2 should make him that much more dangerous.

Scotty D
03-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Damieyon Hughes in the second, he had a ton of picks and seems to be a defensive gamechanger in that regard, he's not specatacular in man coverage so playing in the Cover 2 should make him that much more dangerous.

I like Hughes, but in the third.

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
aftre his 40 time he could be picked in the third definitly not high in the second

WMD
03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Marcus McCauley.

Mythos
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd like to see what Dee McCann could do from last year. I thought he looked decent in preseason.

Depending on who else we sign and what we do in the draft, I wouldn't be suprised if K. Smith gets cut.

Notredameleo
03-13-2007, 08:01 PM
1. Houston
2. Revis
3. Hughes
4. McCauley
5. Ross

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
leon hall would be a decent prospect especially in the cover two we're just in no position to get him and we'd have to trade up for houston. Revis could fall but it's slim. Hughes is probably the most likely option but i would love to get revis if it was possible

Mythos
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Anybody have an opinion on Tanard Jackson? I've heard him labeled as a zone corner.

asmitty45
03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I like Hughes, but in the third.

has he really dropped that far, i didnt know that. If he's there id absolutely take him in the 3rd

Scotty D
03-13-2007, 09:00 PM
has he really dropped that far, i didnt know that. If he's there id absolutely take him in the 3rd

I think he will be there in the third. I'm interested to see if he will be in Scott's two round mock.

Xiomera
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
I want a CB with some good return skills. Detroit would love ton ot have to rely on Eddie Drummond for that this year. It'd be nice to not have to use up a roster spot on a guy who only returns kicks (and not very well anymore either).

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
that can be done in the 5th probably a wr or CB depth

Newbs24
03-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I think Hughes in the 3rd is the best option. He is suited for a Cover 2 D. Aaron Ross struggles like hell in zone but could be a great lockdown man-to man, so I think we could pass. Revis would be the best option is he dropped but it more than likely won't. Plus if it is him and Blalock sitting in round 2, I take The Bank because he could start from Day 1 at OG. Hopefully we will be able to pick 2 guys in Round 2 and in Round 3 after we trade down.

toonsterwu
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I think the signing of Travis Fisher, while not great, is likely to push CB away as a need. My guess is that, at earliest, maybe 3rd round. Hughes is very possible as an option at the start of the 3rd, and he'd be a great fit.

Jagonsucker
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I think the signing of Travis Fisher, while not great, is likely to push CB away as a need. My guess is that, at earliest, maybe 3rd round. Hughes is very possible as an option at the start of the 3rd, and he'd be a great fit.

He had a terrible combine which benefits us because he's likley to drop down to the 3rd round now. Hopefully Detroit scoops him up there. If he's there, I wouldn't mind Mccauley in the 2nd round.

Xiomera
03-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I am pretty sure toonster is right, Detroit is gonna go O-Line and D-Line with their first two picks.

P-L
03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I'd like Hughes, but I have a feeling we'll be able to get him early in the 4th Round. If I could have anyone, I'd want it to be Chris Houston, although that isn't happening. Darrelle Revis, even though I think he is overrated, would be a good returner if he fell to the 2nd Round.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Hughes in Round 3 or Tanard Jackson in Round 4 would fit the Cover 2 IMO. They have to be able to give run support and be good in zone coverage. Jackson seems to fit.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/jackson_tanard

Will Hughes and Jackson last until those rounds, or am I just dreaming?

Addict
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I'd like Hughes, but I have a feeling we'll be able to get him early in the 4th Round. If I could have anyone, I'd want it to be Chris Houston, although that isn't happening. Darrelle Revis, even though I think he is overrated, would be a good returner if he fell to the 2nd Round.

I'd like Revis.

Houston would be perfect, but he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

detroit4life
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM

i think if revis is there is the second they'll take him he's great value at 34 and will be a good CB

Michigan
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I'd pass on Revis if he were available @ 34.

We have bigger needs, and Revis wasn't very consistent in the games I saw him play.

TacticaLion
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Taking Hughes is the best pick (in the 3rd round). I'd rather wait to 3rd (or past 3rd) to take a QB UNLESS someone stellar falls.

jbombul
03-14-2007, 10:51 PM
man just imagine a draft like this

trade number 2 pick to lets say atlanta for their first and second rounds
trade 2fifth rounders and move back into the third

1. Willis
2. Blalock
3. Bazunin
3b. Hughes
4. Safety
4b.tight end
5a. Breaston (small, fits for martz, returns kicks)
5b. Defensive tackle to build our depth

something like that would be incredible

jbombul
03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
edit: i missed a second rounder in there give merriweather for our second second round pick :)

TacticaLion
03-14-2007, 10:57 PM
man just imagine a draft like this

trade number 2 pick to lets say atlanta for their first and second rounds
trade 2fifth rounders and move back into the third

1. Willis
2. Blalock
3. Bazunin
3b. Hughes
4. Safety
4b.tight end
5a. Breaston (small, fits for martz, returns kicks)
5b. Defensive tackle to build our depth

something like that would be incredible
Add Meriweather (and take Gattis with the "4. Safety" pick)... and this draft is outstanding. Sure, with Cody, we really don't need a DT, but i'll live with it. Willis, Blalock, Meriweather, Bazuin, Hughes... wow. Sick, sick, sick.

jbombul
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
the funny thing is, i wanted to add merriweather too when we get atlantas second round pick in that scenario we actually have a shot :).... n i would like to add defensive tackle depth because bell got cut and he played a considerable amount last year, if rogers gets in trouble or injured we will have depth a rotating line seems to work pretty well for us

TacticaLion
03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
the funny thing is, i wanted to add merriweather too when we get atlantas second round pick in that scenario we actually have a shot :).... n i would like to add defensive tackle depth because bell got cut and he played a considerable amount last year, if rogers gets in trouble or injured we will have depth a rotating line seems to work pretty well for usGood reasoning on the DT pick. I'll take it.

Addict
03-15-2007, 02:36 AM
I just hope we can get rid of that darned #2 pick and take somewhere in the 5/15 range. Anywhere there would have us take Willis, or... Landy... or... something else we really need.

CB in round two... yeah. The guy who falls. There's bound to be one, I'm not sold on this years CB class, so I guess there's one or two who might fall to us.

Say, if we had two second round picks, any chance we'd also take Stanton in round two?