PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman

Splat
02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-ifchrisbermanwantsto&prov=tsn&type=lgns

"Online reports say the ESPN commentator is drawing major interest from NFL Network and DirecTV. The Big Lead (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq8n7SbCKAYWGyGWN3kQeGs.ubYF/SIG=13tl55e90/**http%3A//thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/02/08/chris-berman-is-being-heavily-pursued-by-the-nfl-network-would-he-leave-espn/) reports NFLN is "putting the full court press" on Berman; Sports by Brooks (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AkoFpOnDEY9SO4D84DTqXw0.ubYF/SIG=12nqfvjc6/**http%3A//www.sportsbybrooks.com/source-berman-is-considering-move-to-direct-tv-27805) reports DirecTV is in "full pursuit."

Bermanís contract expires May 10, his 55th birthday, TBL reports.

no bare feet
02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I dont have the NFL Network and I would be all for seeing less of Berman.

Paul
02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Just tell me which network he going to be on before the Draft, so I know which one to avoid.

Shane P. Hallam
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I know plenty of people hate on Berman, but I like him and his style. Since he has stopped tipping picks, I love having him there for the draft. It just doesn't feel right without him hosting.

Hines
02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
If the NFLN gets Boomer, where does that leave Eisen? I like Richie a lot.

thenewfeature06
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I know plenty of people hate on Berman, but I like him and his style. Since he has stopped tipping picks, I love having him there for the draft. It just doesn't feel right without him hosting.

Completely Agree.

Grizzlegom
02-09-2010, 08:49 AM

^ This. Mayock has somewhat grown on me (I still prefer Kiper but when McShay shows up I need to change the channel.) to the point where i don't mind watching the NFL network but Berman is my favorite and as great as Eisen is, its weird for me to watch the NFL Network for too long.

The_Dude
02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Can't stand him at all... i hope that he goes to Direct TV. I have comcast.

Nalej
02-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Exactly how I feel. I actually enjoy watching him

FlyingElvis
02-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I have a ton of respect for Berman but can't stand him anymore. NFLN draft coverage was awesome last year (BRING CHUCKY BACK!!) and I hope Berman doesn't ruin that. I will keep an open mind if he does land on NFLN, but I'd rather not see it happen.

JFLO
02-09-2010, 09:05 AM
ESPN should trade Berman for Eisen

Go_Eagles77
02-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Eisen >>>>>>>>>>>>> Berman

brat316
02-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Chris Berman is awesome with the highlight reel, he actually gets into it and have interesting things to say...not just some boring old ****.

Jackson and Berman FTMFW, in 2 min drill, Com'On man, and bunch of other ****.

Also for the draft bring back Keyshawn Johnson.

Shane P. Hallam
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I can't imagine ESPN letting him go. He was one of the building blocks of the network.

FloridaFootball
02-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Chris Berman's Rumblin and stumblin ba boom ba booooom all the way to the NFLN.

LizardState
02-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Can't stand him at all... i hope that he goes to Direct TV. I have comcast.

About Berman, I actually liked his riffs on 3 Stooges noises & on players' names to coincide with rock music lyrics, but he's ruined enough drafts for me that I wish now his mother had drowned him at birth.

Speaking of rock lyrics, this is for you Chris Berman:

You got a big mouth and I'm happy to see
Your foot is firmly entrenched where a molar should be
If you talk much louder you could get an award
From the Federal Communications board

You got a big mouth and I'm happy to see
Your foot is firmly entrenched where a molar should be
Don't be mad or lose your medicaid cool
Of course cool rhymes with fool

Don't go pre-fab
Cause you been had
Don't go be sad
Don't go away mad
Just go away (go away, & stay away!)

Just Go Away
Blondie, 1979

I feel your pain, Dude. Saying I have Comcast is like saying I have an incurable STD.

prock
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I love Chris Berman. I would be sad to see him go to a network I don't have..

The_Dude
02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
It's not even his draft presence that i hate. I can't stand his highlight "shtick"... including his standard lines: "he.. could.. go.. all.. the.. way.."; "rummbling, stummbling" & his obnoxious sound effects.

I just simply cannot stand the guy. He is all played out as far as i am concerned.

RaiderNation
02-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Without Berman, there probably wouldnt be a ESPN. I dont see how they let him leave.

vikes_28
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I think NFL network is taking over the world.

TitleTown088
02-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't mind his style, but that rant he went on awhile back made him come off as a complete jerk. I can't help but being a bit skeptical of him after that.

I wonder why I still like Christian Bale so much? Bromance.

drowe
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I like him. He's been around since the beginning of cable and I have grown to like his quirks and sound effects and love for rock music and the buffalo bills. ESPN should keep him.

CJSchneider
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I love Chiris "Swami" Berman. Maybe that's because I'm middle aged and could spare a few pounds around the mid-section but that is for another thread. His nick names (Bert "Be Home" Blyleven) borrowed catch phrases ("He could...go...all...the...way!") made ESPN during the mid to late 80's.

fenikz
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
win, i hate berman

tjsunstein
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Don't really mind Berman. He's interesting, has some funny things to say, and has stopped tipping picks for the most part. I think he does his job well and that's hosting. When he tries to go beyond that is where I have a problem.

M.O.T.H.
02-09-2010, 01:52 PM
He comes off as a real ass hole, imo. And he doesnt actually have anything of his own to contribute. I dont watch much NFL Network besides the combine anyway, so he can go ruin their draft coverage, for all I care.

neko4
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I grew up listening to Berman, it would be weird without him. I have NFLN tho, so it wont be a big deal. It'll just be weird since I associate him with ESPN.

TitanHope
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Love Berman. Gonna be watchin' a lot more NFL Network if he leaves for there. This is the first year I'll be able to watch both NFLN and ESPN on Draft Day, so either way, I'm good!

I don't remember Boomer ever tipping draft picks. Anyone got a YouTube link?

Ness
02-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't mind his style, but that rant he went on awhile back made him come off as a complete jerk. I can't help but being a bit skeptical of him after that.

This is pretty much how I feel. I always thing of that rant whenever I see Berman now.

Shane P. Hallam
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Love Berman. Gonna be watchin' a lot more NFL Network if he leaves for there. This is the first year I'll be able to watch both NFLN and ESPN on Draft Day, so either way, I'm good!

I don't remember Boomer ever tipping draft picks. Anyone got a YouTube link?

Haha, two years ago right before going to the podium he'd say things like:

"They may be going for such and such position," or would tip the school or something.

MetSox17
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm all for taking him out to pasture and letting a 12 gauge rip through his face. He is so damn annoying that him leaving that god forsaken excuse of a network they call ESPN would actually be a good thing.

TitanHope
02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Haha, two years ago right before going to the podium he'd say things like:

"They may be going for such and such position," or would tip the school or something.

Lol, that's not that bad. Plus, we're draftniks. There's a lot of "No **** Sherlock!" moments for us when we watch draft coverage.

The commentators actually had me worried that the Titans would take Beanie Wells last year. I was panicking when they were showing nothing but Beanie highlights when the Titans were on the clock, haha.

Shane P. Hallam
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Lol, that's not that bad. Plus, we're draftniks. There's a lot of "No **** Sherlock!" moments for us when we watch draft coverage.

The commentators actually had me worried that the Titans would take Beanie Wells last year. I was panicking when they were showing nothing but Beanie highlights when the Titans were on the clock, haha.

Well, it was RIGHT as the commish was walking on stage and Berman had heard the player in his ear. It was always pretty crazy.

Brent
02-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Rich Eisen is the man. If Berman takes his screen time, I will cry.

BoneKrusher
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Bring Berman Back, Back, Back.

altho i have NFLN
but
ESPN should keep the guy, he's the foundation of that Network.

Forenci
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Rich Eisen is the man. If Berman takes his screen time, I will cry.

Indeed sir. Eisen is vastly superior to Berman and isn't at all annoying. Plus he's actually very funny too.

I'd be very upset if Berman took anything away from Eisen.

Giantsfan1080
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
ESPN stole Schefter so NFLN is trying to steal Berman. ESPN wins on that one every day of the week.

prock
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Indeed sir. Eisen is vastly superior to Berman and isn't at all annoying. Plus he's actually very funny too.

I'd be very upset if Berman took anything away from Eisen.

Then bring Eisen to ESPN if Berman leaves!! I never get to watch him because I don't have NFL Network...

LonghornsLegend
02-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I've loved Chris Berman since I 1st heard him throwing around all those F bombs during a commercial for ESPN when he didn't know the cameras were on, it was posted here before because it's on youtube. I don't even know if it's real but the fact that I heard it makes me think he gets shitfaced at night and would be the guy at the frat party with no shirt dancing on a table. :D

He still doesn't know much about the players coming into the draft, but I don't think that's really his "job" as the host for the most part.

The Unseen
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I've loved Chris Berman since I 1st heard him throwing around all those F bombs during a commercial for ESPN when he didn't know the cameras were on, it was posted here before because it's on youtube. I don't even know if it's real but the fact that I heard it makes me think he gets shitfaced at night and would be the guy at the frat party with no shirt dancing on a table. :D

He still doesn't know much about the players coming into the draft, but I don't think that's really his "job" as the host for the most part.

3TLG_LtWhj4

TitanHope
02-09-2010, 06:15 PM
3TLG_LtWhj4

I don't know if I like him more or less to know he's not as big of a tool as I thought he was (It's ok for him to be a tool. That's why he's the host.). :D

CJSchneider
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
3TLG_LtWhj4

I just kept waiting for him to say "**** it, we'll do it live!"

Mr.Regular
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Another goodie from Berman...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q4oibfs9g

ViperVisor
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I like when he does SC or Baseball Tonight.

Just hearing his grunt talk trailing off about football gets old.

He cracked up Kruk with a Ryan 'I can't palm a basketball I need' Longerhans. Nickname.

D-Unit
02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I can't imagine ESPN letting him go. He was one of the building blocks of the network.
They had no problems letting go of Dan Patrick.

Besides, they still have Linda Cohn. *barf*

Giantsfan1080
02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Even Patrick wasn't there since the inception of ESPN though.

D-Unit
02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Even Patrick wasn't there since the inception of ESPN though.
I hope you're not trying to tell me that we'll never get rid of Linda Cohn! :P

LizardState
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
ESPN should bring back Charlie Steiner, whose "Follow me to freedom!" commercial made him a folk hero.

And get rid of that skank Hannah Storm; Wendi Nix gives me wood, guilty as charged.

vidae
02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Rich Eisen >>>> Chris Berman, but I don't dislike Berman.

CJSchneider
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
ESPN should bring back Charlie Steiner, whose "Follow me to freedom!" commercial made him a folk hero.

And get rid of that skank Hannah Storm; Wendi Nix gives me wood, guilty as charged.

Agreed, IWHT!!!!

TitansCJftw
02-10-2010, 12:18 PM
3_BWBKF9I5Q

JWZZR
02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
I can't stand chris berman,all of his little sounds and nick name are annoying.

iworshipbender
02-21-2010, 08:58 AM
He's who I go to when I want to know more about smuggling illegal drugs into the US.

Edit: ****, it was already posted.

frubulubu
02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Hes not that bad, after all the years hes been doing this, hes bound to have screw ups. I remember, schefter, when he was with NFLN, during the draft, was tipping the pick. And it was minutes before the commish went to the podium. Having said that, I dont think I would like to boomer and Deion in the same show.

nepg
02-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I dont have the NFL Network and I would be all for seeing less of Berman.
Have you seen the people ESPN has been willing to hire lately? Be careful what you wish for...

LizardState
02-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Have you seen the people ESPN has been willing to hire lately? Be careful what you wish for...

That's true, Ditka is a boorish ignoramus & was the most hated HC in the NFL when he was in it, now he's the most hated announcer. Ever listened to him? The content of his opinions is pure puffery & drivel.

And this network fired Dan Patrick & let Keith Olberman go? Yeah <severe sarcasm smiley here> they're geniuses & consummate professionals at ESPN.....