PDA

View Full Version : CHUCK discussion thread (WILL contain spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3

vidae
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Seeing as how there are a lot of things that could potentially be "spoiled" I thought it might be a good idea for this show to have it's own thread and I figured we have enough people that watch and enjoy the show that this would be pretty active.

Spoil away here and keep it out of the television discussion thread!

A Perfect Score
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I WANT CHUCK WITH SARAH GOD DAMMIT!

As hot as Kreuk is, and I want her to stick around, they need to get Chuck with Sarah ASAP.

wordofi
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I WANT CHUCK WITH SARAH GOD DAMMIT!

As hot as Kreuk is, and I want her to stick around, they need to get Chuck with Sarah ASAP.

Kreuk is 100 X hotter.

CashmoneyDrew
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I currently follow Zach Levi and Adam Baldwin on Twitter.

I'm just curious as to how Kreuk is gonna make such a quick exit from the show. If I'm reading it right she only has one episode left.

fenikz
02-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Kreuk >>>>>> Sarah

CC.SD
02-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Kreuk >>>>>> Sarah

I'm not that avid a watcher of Chuck but I respectfully disagree with this. Kreuk honestly doesn't do it for me she's not asian enough to look asian, and she's not particularly curvy either. Yvonne otoh...

A Perfect Score
02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I like both, but Yvonne is the hotter one. Kreuk is mega cute though. For me, the order of Chuck women goes

Yvonne>Kreuk>Brewster>Bilson>Lancaster (Ellie)

CashmoneyDrew
02-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll take Lancaster after Yvonne. There's something about her.

fenikz
02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Kreuk > Ellie > Sarah

StripedWalrus
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I currently follow Zach Levi and Adam Baldwin on Twitter.

I'm just curious as to how Kreuk is gonna make such a quick exit from the show. If I'm reading it right she only has one episode left.

THey kinda gotta get rid of her because the whole Chuck running off and her wondering where he is going stuff just isnt working.

Shiver
02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
We need resolution on the Chuck/Sarah relationship by the end of the season, just in case the show is canceled by the evil NBC. Kreuk is very attractive, but Yvonne is the superior.... prospect?

StripedWalrus
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
We need resolution on the Chuck/Sarah relationship by the end of the season, just in case the show is canceled by the evil NBC. Kreuk is very attractive, but Yvonne is the superior.... prospect?

I felt they kinda dropped the relationship they currently have (Chuck/Sarah) very poorly. Episode 1 of the new season Chuck is talking about how he loves Sarah and all...blah blah...and poof he gets on a plane to Paris and he loves this chick now who moved from who knows where to work at the "Buy More" just to be with Chuck...

Bah she is a secret agent.

A Perfect Score
02-10-2010, 12:24 AM
They better not make her a damn secret agent. I love the show, but he cant have TWO secret agent girlfriends. I would be ok with something fishy, like maybe she is some sort of criminal and knows Chuck is involved with something government level and wants him to protect her, but I dont want her to be a secret agent.

Shiver
02-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Shaw/Hannah spoilers ahoy

Routh's last episode is in episode 13, Kreuk only has a four episode arc, don't expect them to be full-time characters.

Also we will be seeing Christopher Lloyd and Robert Patrick soon.

wordofi
02-10-2010, 01:46 AM
They better not make her a damn secret agent. I love the show, but he cant have TWO secret agent girlfriends. I would be ok with something fishy, like maybe she is some sort of criminal and knows Chuck is involved with something government level and wants him to protect her, but I dont want her to be a secret agent.

I have a feeling that Hannah is a secret agent. I don't know why, but it just seems that all of these guest stars are agents or have a fishy past.

vidae
02-10-2010, 04:09 AM
The Chuck and Sarah dynamic has to be resolved soon and I might be in the minority here but I don't hate what's going on between S/S and C/H. For Chuck and Sarah this season has been about growth and they've both grown a lot as people and as spies. In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before they're together for real with no ********.

After the second episode aired there was a "coming soon to Chuck" preview and it had Shaw telling Chuck "you had your chance with Sarah" and Chuck punching him in the FACE. It's clearly not over and Kreuk/Routh are just guest stars, not new cast members.

As far as Hannah goes, I still think she is Ring. I'm not sure about Routh, but something fishy is going on there.

It sucks we have to wait until after the Olympics to see another episode. This last one was kind of lackluster but they never intended this season to have a break if you recall. It was originally slated to air AFTER the Olympics.

vidae
02-10-2010, 04:20 AM
This is a great read if you have a few minutes. It's an interview by Alan Sepinwall with Chris Fedak and Josh Schwartz.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/02/chuck-schwartz-and-fedak-vs-controversy.html

You've got to read it. These guys are extremely dedicated to the fans who were dedicated to the show in the first place. I'm not ashamed to admit that I wrote the letter to NBC and bought a sandwhich from Subway on the night of the season 2 finale AND the season 3 premiere, and I've said it to a few people before but I trust in their ability to get the story across in a way that is both rewarding to the fan and rewarding to the story/characters.

JS: And if you thought the end of season 2 was crazy...

What the **** is that supposed to mean?!?

Whistler6
02-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Chuck's real-life Twitter page --> http://twitter.com/ZacharyLevi

Gotta love his bio.

Forenci
02-11-2010, 12:02 AM
This is a great read if you have a few minutes. It's an interview by Alan Sepinwall with Chris Fedak and Josh Schwartz.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/02/chuck-schwartz-and-fedak-vs-controversy.html

You've got to read it. These guys are extremely dedicated to the fans who were dedicated to the show in the first place. I'm not ashamed to admit that I wrote the letter to NBC and bought a sandwhich from Subway on the night of the season 2 finale AND the season 3 premiere, and I've said it to a few people before but I trust in their ability to get the story across in a way that is both rewarding to the fan and rewarding to the story/characters.

What the **** is that supposed to mean?!?

I wouldn't get too hyped about it. I'm sure it's good but I'm pretty sure everyone has said that about every TV shows season ending...ever.

Although I think seasons 2's ending was one of the craziest, most riveting things I've seen. I can't tell you how insanely bad I wanted to see a season 3 after the second season ended.

vidae
02-24-2010, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XglEL6HNv2w&hd=1

Awesome video I just saw that Schwartz and company made, since NBC isn't really promoting the show at all.

A Perfect Score
02-24-2010, 01:52 AM
ZOMGZ Im so excited I cant wait. SHE BETTER ******* SAY YES!

vidae
02-24-2010, 02:29 AM
ZOMGZ Im so excited I cant wait. SHE BETTER ******* SAY YES!

Pretty. Much. This!

vidae
03-02-2010, 12:59 AM
One of the best episodes of Chuck I've ever seen.

Some resolution, some new developments, all good stuff. Next weeks episode looks even better than this one was.

Forenci
03-02-2010, 01:41 AM
One of the best episodes of Chuck I've ever seen.

Some resolution, some new developments, all good stuff. Next weeks episode looks even better than this one was.

So much awesomeness in this episode.

One of the funniest things (other than Chuck impersonating the assassin saying, "Who doesn't like cupcakes?") had to be when he was talking to the two guys who hired him as an assassin and they said they hated the "will they or won't they" thing.

Clearly they're talking about the will they or won't the between Sarah and Chuck.

Or should I say the will they or won't they between Chuck and Sam. :D

fenikz
03-02-2010, 02:10 AM
look at mah sig

vidae
03-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Haha, when the mob guys said "I really hate will they or won't they" moments I did crack up. That was genius writing.

Chuck breaking up with Hannah right after he banged her, and in front of her parents? What a dick move imo.

Such a great episode though, and from what I'm reading, the next 3-4 are even BETTER.

edit: Just a thought, but I don't think Sam (or Samantha) is Sarahs real name. Just a hunch.

Forenci
03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Haha, when the mob guys said "I really hate will they or won't they" moments I did crack up. That was genius writing.

Chuck breaking up with Hannah right after he banged her, and in front of her parents? What a dick move imo.

Such a great episode though, and from what I'm reading, the next 3-4 are even BETTER.

edit: Just a thought, but I don't think Sam (or Samantha) is Sarahs real name. Just a hunch.

STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!

I like the name Sam so I demand that it is her real name, sir.

vidae
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Samantha Lisa sounds.. weird together. I still don't fully trust Shaw, and it seems weird that he'd be the guy she turns to instead of Chuck, so I don't buy it.

edit: The overnights just came in and Chuck got a 2.4/2.5 (conflicting reports) which is amazing. It has averaged a 2.5/2.6 this season and dipped to 2.2 before the Olympics. A lot of people thought it could be a sign of the fall for Chuck but it turns out it was just an anomaly. If it can keep a 2.4/2.5 for the rest of the season I'd be very surprised if it were canceled. Plus, all reports point to the next three episodes being even better than last nights.. all good news for Chuck fans.

A Perfect Score
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
GOD DAMMIT WHY DO THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW HATE ME!!!

Not only are Sarah and Shaw together, but now I dont even get Hannah to look at? Ugh. Great episode though. Kreuk's last line was ******* heartbreaking.

Also, big question: How can her name be Sam? Isnt her real name Jennifer Burton? Thats how people in her high school knew her, and didnt she get recruited by the CIA after/during high school? So it would make sense that her real name is Jennifer Lisa Burton, not Samanta Lisa Burton. I am confused.

El Peefs?????
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
GOD DAMMIT WHY DO THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW HATE ME!!!

Not only are Sarah and Shaw together, but now I dont even get Hannah to look at? Ugh. Great episode though. Kreuk's last line was ******* heartbreaking.

Also, big question: How can her name be Sam? Isnt her real name Jennifer Burton? Thats how people in her high school knew her, and didnt she get recruited by the CIA after/during high school? So it would make sense that her real name is Jennifer Lisa Burton, not Samanta Lisa Burton. I am confused.

Well her dad was a con artist wasnt he? I wouldnt be surprised if they were going by alias's as a family back when 'Sarah' was in high school.

vidae
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Well her dad was a con artist wasnt he? I wouldnt be surprised if they were going by alias's as a family back when 'Sarah' was in high school.

Yeah, was about to post this as well. You can't tell if it was real or not. I don't think Sam is her real name for what it's worth. We'll probably find it out later this season.

A Perfect Score
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM

I would buy this, but in all the files the general pulls up on screen, and in her references to Sarah's father, she confirms his name is Jack Burton. So at least we know Sarah's real last name is Burton, which leads me to believe the people in high school who knew her as Jennifer Burton were right.

vidae
03-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if her real was WAS Jenny Burton, and she winds up saying something like "you knew all along" etc. I don't trust Shaw and I get the feeling she doesn't really either.

It could go either way. We'll see what develops.

CashmoneyDrew
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I completely agree. I'm willing to bet the house her real name isn't Sam. It just seemed off.

Casey is a pimp.

Chuck is a lady killer.

No Morgan was kind of weird.

I only like cupcakes if they don't have frosting.

Anyone got the preview for next week's episode? That's the bad thing about watching it online.

El Peefs?????
03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone got the preview for next week's episode? That's the bad thing about watching it online.

Thats one of the best parts of watching it online. I love not having to worry about seeing a bunch of spoilers from next weeks episode!

vidae
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
A lot of critics got to see the rest of the episodes airing in March, and they all agree on one thing: of the four total episodes from March, last nights episode was the "weakest".. soo.. if you loved last nights episode, you're going to really love the next three.

And I won't spoil the "next time on Chuck" previews, but next weeks episode looks killer. :)

El Peefs?????
03-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I didnt think this episode was as awesome, it was solid, as the rest of you seemed to have. I liked the one before the Olympics better.

draftguru151
03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I only like cupcakes if they don't have frosting.

WTF is wrong with you?!?!?!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__vtOEeiDYm0/SiSirmR46eI/AAAAAAAAAI4/VFaVS_QY3WY/s400/sweet.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmm.

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I am getting my wish apparently. Chuck is getting more and more badass. I couldn't believe he pulled out Casey's tooth. His inability to flash in key situations is frustrating but necessary. I wonder if when he can flash consistently if he'll go over the edge and Sarah will have to bring him back.

The "Sam" revelation seemed kind of anti-climatic.

brat316
03-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Ya know whats funny...after Sam almost got shot, she didn't run to either one of them she just looked confused and dazed.

Casey is badass. we need more Casey.

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Ya know whats funny...after Sam almost got shot, she didn't run to either one of them she just looked confused and dazed.

Casey is badass. we need more Casey.

Agreed. I would not mind a Casey backstory episode at all.

A Perfect Score
03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
More Casey is always needed. Especially now since we get no more Kreuk :(

http://kkwu.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kristin-kreuk.jpg

vidae
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
They're actually setting up the Casey backstory as we speak, with the name that Chuck flashed on. I think we'll see an episode in the very near future that is ALL about Casey, and it's long overdue! He is a phenomenal actor and Agent John Casey might have eclipsed Jayne Cobb for me as a character last week.

CashmoneyDrew
03-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Screw Sam. She'll always be Sarah to me. :D

vidae
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
New Chuck tonight! :D

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna miss it, but I'll definitely catch it online tomorrow.

CC.SD
03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
They're actually setting up the Casey backstory as we speak, with the name that Chuck flashed on. I think we'll see an episode in the very near future that is ALL about Casey, and it's long overdue! He is a phenomenal actor and Agent John Casey might have eclipsed Jayne Cobb for me as a character last week.

Oh you poor soul.

vidae
03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh you poor soul.

Don't judge me!

Brodeur
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh you poor soul.

Don't listen to him.

vidae
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Fantastic episode of Chuck. One of my favorites of the series. They were right.. the episodes are just getting better and better in March.

CashmoneyDrew
03-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Definite game changer. Excellent episode overall. I always enjoy the episodes centered around the Buy More.

What's the deal with Captain Awesome and Ellie? Anyone think they'll go through with it and leave?

Loved the Jeffster appearance as always.

Next week's episode with Col. Casey looks very intriguing. I guess we're going to find out what the deal was with Chuck flashing on him a couple episodes ago.

vidae
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
With the cutbacks they can't have every cast member in every episode, so I think it's just a convenient way to get Awesome and Ellie off the books for a few weeks and kind of reset.

I love the Chuck and Morgan dynamic, always have, and I'm really glad they got back to that.

This episode had everything I love about the series in it. I'm more of a "shipper" than most, and it didn't have a lot of Chuck and Sarah stuff, but what it did have was sufficient.

I'm having a hard time keeping this episode out of my top three, and the fact that the next two episodes, according to a lot of the critics who have seen them, are BETTER? I can't wait.

Forenci
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I kind of wish it was Ellie who 'knew' instead. I like Morgan, but he seems kind of like an easy choice. I think if she knew Chuck was a spy it would bring a crazy dynamic to the show.

Perhaps all in due time. Although I suspect they don't want all the primary cast members to know about him being a spy for obvious reasons.

wordofi
03-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I kind of wish it was Ellie who 'knew' instead. I like Morgan, but he seems kind of like an easy choice. I think if she knew Chuck was a spy it would bring a crazy dynamic to the show.

Perhaps all in due time. Although I suspect they don't want all the primary cast members to know about him being a spy for obvious reasons.

Yeah, because then there would be no more plot to develop.

draftguru151
03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I think we're all over looking the fact that Ellie was IN A BIKINI. :eek:

vidae
03-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I think we're all over looking the fact that Ellie was IN A BIKINI. :eek:

She does have some amazing chesticles, that's for damn sure.

vidae
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Chuck dropped a tenth in the demo, from a 2.4 to a 2.3, but it was up against a new House and HIMYM. It doesn't really much anything, but if it continues to trend down.. :(

killxswitch
03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Chuck dropped a tenth in the demo, from a 2.4 to a 2.3, but it was up against a new House and HIMYM. It doesn't really much anything, but if it continues to trend down.. :(

I still don't know why they keep it there going against House.

Great episode, btw. Morgan discovering Castle was great.

A Perfect Score
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
There is still something weird going on with Shaw. His past interactions with the Ring have to be serious for him to have to pretend he's dead for a while.

draftguru151
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/746724327/SamShaw.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Boo that name tag.

vidae
03-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I pretty much hate your guts now DG. :/

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I'll show her something that's Weinerlicious.

vidae
03-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll show her something that's Weinerlicious.

What do you mean?

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2010, 06:51 PM
What do you mean?

Me>Chuck>Shaw

vidae
03-12-2010, 07:09 PM
So I read somewhere that they put Sarahs audition tape on the season one dvd, but it isn't on the one I have? Anyone with the first season able to check and see if theirs has it included? :(

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Isn't it on youtube? I remember seeing it somewhere, but if it's not on youtube, I must have seen it on my DVD.

vidae
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Isn't it on youtube? I remember seeing it somewhere, but if it's not on youtube, I must have seen it on my DVD.

Oh that is a good point..

Whistler6
03-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Stone-cold killer

http://www.squarehippies.com/images/actors/zachary_levi2/zachary_levi2.jpg

http://www.squarehippies.com/images/actors/zachary_levi2/zachary_levi23.jpg

vidae
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
New episode tonight!

A Perfect Score
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Daniel Shaw is Jason Bourne. I figured it out!

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna miss it for the MUSE concert. :(
Guess I'll have to avoid this thread until tomorrow afternoon.

draftguru151
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Chuck needs to stop being so depressing. :(

vidae
03-16-2010, 01:31 AM
While I don't think it was one of the BEST episodes, that's probably gotta be one of my favorites. It's about time we got a Casey story! And while it was kinda sad, it was so good to find out more about him.

There is no way he won't be back on Team Bartowski next week, no way.

I can't get over that episode. :)

El Peefs?????
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Chuck reminded me of a Terminator after he took the pill (which was completely a placebo) and that was quite fitting since this episode featured the T-1000 himself !

A Perfect Score
03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Just caught up on this week's episode. Great one. Not as good as last weeks or the week before I dont think, but still good. I dunno what kind of direction they are gunna go with from here, but its getting a bit darker it seems. I really hope they get back to some of the dynamic that made the show super great in the first place, but its still really great atm.

Forenci
03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
It is getting a little darker, but I think it will get back to the old formula. Seems like they're just setting up a lot of things for going forward.

Brodeur
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
It is getting a little darker, but I think it will get back to the old formula. Seems like they're just setting up a lot of things for going forward.

Going back to the old formula would be a mistake.

El Peefs?????
03-16-2010, 12:34 PM
I like darker Chuck. Old formula would often get a bit too corny and light-hearted for my tastes.

Brodeur
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
I like darker Chuck. Old formula would often get a bit too corny and light-hearted for my tastes.

Why.....why are you making good points? WHY?

El Peefs?????
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Why.....why are you making good points? WHY?

Sleep deprivation.

vidae
03-16-2010, 12:50 PM
The old formula is what got it to season three, so I disagree that going back to it is a bad thing.

As for this "darker" Chuck you like, it just tanked in the demo (1.9 is the lowest Chuck has ever been) so unless you're in the camp that believes it was Daylight Savings Time and not a trend, it's a bad sign. A lot of the casual fans who loved Chuck in season 1 and 2 aren't watching now, and a lot of that has to do with the "darker tone" the show has taken.

I'll watch the show no matter what, but I think you're in the minority here.

Brodeur
03-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd rather it go out with a string of great, darker episodes with an arc (ala what Dollhouse did) than just continue on with fairly solid episodes for a few seasons.

El Peefs?????
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
As for this "darker" Chuck you like, it just tanked in the demo (1.9 is the lowest Chuck has ever been) so unless you're in the camp that believes it was Daylight Savings Time and not a trend, it's a bad sign. A lot of the casual fans who loved Chuck in season 1 and 2 aren't watching now, and a lot of that has to do with the "darker tone" the show has taken.

Thats because most people like absolute crap, the drop in ratings is a sure fire sign that the show is better now!

CC.SD
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Thats because most people like absolute crap, the drop in ratings is a sure fire sign that the show is better now!

This is a good assessment actually.

Forenci
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Going back to the old formula would be a mistake.

No it wouldn't. That old formula got it three seasons, even if just barely, which is more than 90% of other TV shows can say.

That said, I'd like to see a nice balance of the old formula and what's going on now in Chuck. Keep Chuck having some bad ass to him, but make sure he's still a goof ball at times. The Chuck/Sarah dynamic I feel is what made a lot of the casual viewers watch. Say what you will about it being annoying, but I do think it plays well for a lot of people.

Personally I've always felt Chuck and Sarah being 'together' would be best. Normally it might get boring, but they could throw in some awesome wrinkles to shake things up like Sarah or Chuck having to seduce someone else for a mission or whatever.

Next weeks episode should really decide some things hopefully.

vidae
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM
No it wouldn't. That old formula got it three seasons, even if just barely, which is more than 90% of other TV shows can say.

That said, I'd like to see a nice balance of the old formula and what's going on now in Chuck. Keep Chuck having some bad ass to him, but make sure he's still a goof ball at times. The Chuck/Sarah dynamic I feel is what made a lot of the casual viewers watch. Say what you will about it being annoying, but I do think it plays well for a lot of people.

Personally I've always felt Chuck and Sarah being 'together' would be best. Normally it might get boring, but they could throw in some awesome wrinkles to shake things up like Sarah or Chuck having to seduce someone else for a mission or whatever.

Next weeks episode should really decide some things hopefully.

I agree with this 100%. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think this might be the last episode with Shaw, and if so, good riddance.

Forenci
03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, I like Routh as an actor, but it seems like every actor they cast as a new spy who's supposed to be helping Chuck ends up in the exact same mold. Same with the British spy from season 2. Threatens Sarah/Chuck relationship, isn't a bad guy though, blah blah blah.

CashmoneyDrew
03-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I liked this episode. But not as well as last weeks.

So was that really Casey's daughter? I didn't notice his fiance being pregnant in the flashbacks.

I think he'll be back on the team in a week or two and it'll probably coincide with the end of Shaw's run.

Didn't see the previews for next weeks episode. That bums me out a little.

diabsoule
03-17-2010, 01:09 AM
I liked this episode. But not as well as last weeks.

So was that really Casey's daughter? I didn't notice his fiance being pregnant in the flashbacks.

I think he'll be back on the team in a week or two and it'll probably coincide with the end of Shaw's run.

Didn't see the previews for next weeks episode. That bums me out a little.

Yeah, that was Casey's daughter. His fiance was going to tell him that she was pregnant on the phone with him but T2 disconnected the phone before she could.

vidae
03-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Routh is fine as an actor and I'd even say I'm a fan, but he has no chemistry at all with Yvonne and it shows.

Or.. at least not the kind of chemistry Yvonne and Zach have.

CashmoneyDrew
03-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.

diabsoule
03-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.

I don't really mind The Ring (although the name sucks) but Shaw just hasn't done anything for me. He and Sarah have minimal on-screen chemistry and his inclusion has not really benefited the show.

A Perfect Score
03-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Thing about Routh is, he's still in Superman mode. He didnt really have great chemistry with Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns either cause he just puts on that stoneface. Funny thing is, hes this huge guy, but actually has a meek presence on screen. I personally like him as an actor, but Ill be glad to see him off the show.

brat316
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
When they shot people blood splatter out...first time I think. Usually it leaks out slowly or just a red spot.

I don't I wanna see Chuck use a gun, but I do like this version of him better. He isn't a pansy now. Maybe they can find a happy medium, where he is still odd quirky him, but still not a pansy and a killing machine.

CashmoneyDrew
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't mind the ring as an idea. I just don't really feel as they have been built up well enough. They just don't worry me as much as Fulcrum even though fulcrum was supposed to be inferior.

wogitalia
03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Interesting last episode, they have the position to move both Sarah and Casey off the show is how I felt. I think the point has been reached where Chuck has to go after Sarah now because he has two doors. Door one is he remains Chuck and goes after Sarah, door two he dedicates himself to being a spy and the show ends as it is now because they have been setting up the whole he doesn't need help thing for ages now.

I think Ella also needs to find out soon that he is a spy or perhaps at least she needs to get suspicious of Chuck again as that dynamic was great and now she can both manipulate Morgan and spot Devins lies.

killxswitch
03-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I like darker Chuck and seeing him not be a pansy is satisfying. But I can see how this line of episodes might back them into a corner plotwise. Hopefully not.

vidae
03-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Chuck tonight!

vidae
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.

Whistler6
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Here's an article about the 2-hour season finale coming up. When executive producer says we'll be left " very satisfied," I have to think it means Chuck and Sarah will quit leading us on.

A significant death scares me, but as long as it's not Jeffster, Chuck, Sarah, Casey, or Awesome, I can live with it. Anyways this is the entire article, and I highlighted a couple points I think are significant and have me geeked. Can't wait.

You already know that Chuck’s May 24 season finale will showcase ear-splitting music (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/18/chuck-finale-jeffster/). But what you may not know is that two-hour capper will also feature (warning major spoilers)…

… at least one significant death, a childhood flashback with Chuck (Zachary Levi), Ellie (Sarah Lancaster), and Pops Bartwoski (Scott Bakula), and “two big game-changing twists” that exec producer Josh Schwartz promises will top last year’s. “This finale will leave fans very satisfied,” he continues, “and yet talking about what’s to come for a knock-on-wood Season 4.”

Speaking of which, Schwartz says the episode is not intended to function as a series finale should NBC do the wrong thing and cancel the show.

“Much like last year, we’re putting all of our chips on the table,” he says.

“We are going to drive our fans into a frenzy.”

Here are a few more “chips” to get you pumped for the big finish:

* Casey’s Crown Vic returns in a big way.
* Chuck has a mustache in the episode.
* Big Mike will have a very romantic scene with a Subway sandwich.

So, are you pumped?!?!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/22/chuck-season-3-finale-spoilers/

They sure are hitting us heavy with the Subway advertisements though...

Forenci
03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.

That's actually a really good possibility. One that I certainly never even considered. It should be interesting to see what direction they will be going in.

vidae
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!

Forenci
03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!

Stupid NBC. Why won't they try it on a different day? It's one of the few shows that's been okay (ratings wise) on an awful network. If they put it on a day with less competition (some fantastic competition, btw) I think it would do better ratings. It's like NBC wants it to fail. It's unreal.

vidae
03-23-2010, 01:05 PM
The show was pretty steady in the 2.5/2.4./2.3 area until Daylight Savings, and then it dropped to 1.9.. and then following week it was up against a big premiere in DWTS, and stayed at 1.9. No one is really sure what to expect from here on our but it doesn't look good.

And I've wanted them to move Chuck ever since House moved on Monday Nights. No show NBC has right now will compete with DWTS, House and the CBS comedy block, so it's not surprising at all that Chuck is being hit hard in the ratings, it's just not fun to see it happen to a show that I enjoy so much.

At this point I hope they re-order it for 13 episodes and throw it on Wednesday next fall to see how it does. Right now it won't improve from 2.3 against this competition, and it could potentially get worse.

El Peefs?????
03-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Does NBC really have that many shows rating out higher anyways though. I mean what the hell else is even on NBC nowadays.

vidae
03-23-2010, 01:12 PM
That is the major thing right now: Chuck is one of the only consistent performers the network has. Parks and Rec and Community both have lower ratings but have ALREADY been renewed, so no one is sure what is going on.

Mercy does worse than Chuck, Trauma does worse than Chuck (and is reportedly canceled already, though no one knows for sure) and Law and Order is hovering around a SERIES LOW, but it could break the record for most seasons in the next year, and that would be reason enough to renew for the network.

Parenthood was supposed to be big for NBC, but it has been lackluster as well. Parenthood is almost a lock to be renewed though from what I'm reading because NBC owns it. Warner Bros. owns Chuck, not NBC, and that is a big issue.

Right now NBC needs anything that resembles a constant audience, and Chuck is head and shoulders above everything else they have for scripted programming, but it will always be a bubble show and always be in danger of being canceled on Monday at 8. It's that simple.

The biggest thing, for me personally, is that while the show started off a bit slow and a bit meh, it has gotten so much better the last few episodes. It will suck if it gets canceled when the show found its form towards the end, because the best is ahead of us. The season finale is scheduled to air May 24th, which is 7 days AFTER the NBC Upfronts, in which they announce their schedule for the next year. No one knows if Chuck will be on it.

A Perfect Score
03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.

vidae
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.

I think that is going to be resolved in either the next episode, or the thirteenth episode. It has to be.

CashmoneyDrew
03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
My money on the significant death....

Papa Bartowski

draftguru151
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
1. HOLY ****.

2. HOLY ****.

3. I can't believe vidae called Shaw's wife.

4. ROMO LAMPKIN.

5. HOLY ****.

Brodeur
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
******* Vidae spoiling me. You're an asshole.

vidae
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Holy. ****. I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT! That is the best Chuck episode to date. It's better than the hotel season 2 episode and it was better than season 2 finale. What a ******* fantastic episode! The critics and showrunners were right.. it just gets better and better from here on out!

I cannot ******* wait for next week! I'm gunna go crazy!

Whistler6
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Chuck's trending on Twitter above Justin Bieber. That's gotta means something right? Tonight might have been my favorite episode of the entire series.

I'm all for the straightforward Chuck. 1st admitting he's a spy to Morgan than putting it all out there to Sarah and kissing her like that. Damn, he nearly turned me on. I can't wait for next week.

vidae
03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
All that matters is that the ratings are solid tomorrow. Anything about a 2.0 right now would be a godsend, especially considering that House and HIMYM are repeats.

Here is to hoping that the buzz on this episode was big enough to make a dent. And hopefully people realize that the bad ratings were due to circumstances outside of the shows control. Speaking of which, next monday night is the NCAA basketball national championship game.. so more things for Chuck to go up against! :(

A Perfect Score
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
HOLY ****! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesome episode. I dunno if Im ready to say best ever, cause the series has some awesome ones, but it was definitely a premier episode. Nice ******* call on the twist vidae. Also, for anyone who watched BSG...ROMO! *******! LAMPKIN!

Brodeur
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.

draftguru151
03-30-2010, 05:37 AM
APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.

Yea but Romo>anyone ever.

CashmoneyDrew
03-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Finally caught it. Vidae, you're somewhat genius. Jeff and Lester at it again being awesome. Captain Awesome, Morgan, and Casey teaming up = even more awesome.

Anyone got a link to a preview for next week?

wogitalia
03-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Great episode. Love that they got the whole cast involved, seems to be a trend that when everyone is involved it is a good episode...

God Chuck is just so good, just a pity it's stuck on such a ****** and stupid network...

Speaking of which... Does anyone else remember Reunion and the awesomeness that it was for 2/3 of a season. I loved that show, still can't believe it got canned. Whenever I think of awesome shows and cancellation I think of it.

vidae
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Chuck jumped to a 2.1 in the demo but the overall viewership stayed the same. An increase is pretty good, but against HIMYM and House repeats, I would have liked a 2.3/2.4. I'm hoping that people get the word out about this episode and a lot of the hardcore "shippers" who left will tune in next week. All that being said, I fully expect a 2.3/2.4 next week and anything less would be unhappy times.

I read somewhere that with DVR/Hulu/NBC.com viewership, Chuck jumps up to a 2.6/2.7, which would be very good for NBC on monday night, but it is so far undocumented. Even if it were, does NBC care about that?

The main thing is, Chuck has a loyal fanbase who do watch the show, just not live. There are websites dedicated to it and the media loves it. Before last nights episode, I would have hated if it were canceled but I would have sort of understood where people are coming from. Now, though, after such an amazing episode? I just don't want it to be gone.

Here's to hoping that NBC throws it on Wednesdays after the two week hiatus!

Brodeur
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Yea but Romo>anyone ever.

Badger > Romo, not that I've gotten to BSG yet but oh well.

draftguru151
03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Badger was awesome, Romo Lampkin is the greatest character in anything ever.

vidae
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Anyone got a link to a preview for next week?

Do not watch this video if you don't want to see "Next week on Chuck":

You asked for it CMD!

z_floGEaKt8

killxswitch
03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Good call vidae. My wife also called that one, I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone think Shaw has no intention of killing Sarah at all, and instead is taking her somewhere to kill whoever gave her the order? He has to know it was her red test and that she didn't know who she was taking out.

Sarah's hypocrisy was a little annoying, I'm glad they're not dwelling on that angle a bunch.

Good episode, I wouldn't call it the best at all though.

CashmoneyDrew
03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Good call vidae. My wife also called that one, I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone think Shaw has no intention of killing Sarah at all, and instead is taking her somewhere to kill whoever gave her the order? He has to know it was her red test and that she didn't know who she was taking out.

Sarah's hypocrisy was a little annoying, I'm glad they're not dwelling on that angle a bunch.

Good episode, I wouldn't call it the best at all though.

That's what I'm thinking.

killxswitch
03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
That's what I'm thinking.

Seems like a good way to move the story. Having him try to kill Sarah (and of course be killed in the process) seems too unjust and undignified of a way to end his character on the show. I think they'll work together to find out who gave the order, Shaw will either kill that person and go into hiding, or it'll turn out to be a long drawn-out thing and Shaw will go off in search of his revenge. Either way I don't think he can keep any feelings he has for Sarah. It wasn't her fault, but there's no way he would be with her when she was the one to pull the trigger.

I just don't know what they're going to do with Chuck. He is too big for the Buy More now. He can't stay there, especially with Casey needing to be brought back on as an agent and Awesome needing Chuck to leave so Elie will consent to going to Africa. And he can't just run off with Sarah and hide, no one would watch that for very long.

vidae
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Great Chuck Q&A here. Some spoily stuff at the end, so don't read the second part if you don't want something spoiled.

Worth a read anyway though.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/04/chuck-nbc-zachary-levi.html

Whistler6
04-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I know the guy who plays Shaw only signed on for a number of episodes that wraps up here in the next week or two... My guess is he gets killed in the act of saving either Chuck or Sarah.

I don't want to believe he has been around all season ONLY to turn out evil in the end. It's too easy to write a character off that way.

vidae
04-03-2010, 11:01 AM
We previously talked about who we thought could be the death this season? What if it's Beckman? What if she gave the order to Sarah and that's who Shaw wants to kill now?

idk, just a thought.

A Perfect Score
04-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Beckman gets iced!

vidae
04-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Apparently this episode Monday is the best Chuck episode to date! Multiple sources reporting it! So excited. :D

killxswitch
04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Apparently this episode Monday is the best Chuck episode to date! Multiple sources reporting it! So excited. :D

After last season's finale I think that's going to be tough, but now I'm excited.

A Perfect Score
04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I miss Bryce Larkin :(

draftguru151
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
**** YES **** YES BEST EPISODE EVER.

Seriously, **** YES.

HChu
04-05-2010, 08:51 PM
...That was amazing. I can't even describe how awesome and fulfilling that episode was.

vidae
04-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Absolutely perfect episode from start to finish. Absolutely PERFECT. This is why I started to watch this show in the first place.

I listened to people whine and ***** about the direction of the show but never stopped believing in the writing team and their vision for this season. They could not have done a better job. This was, hands down, the best episode of Chuck to date and no others come close.

Just amazing.

A Perfect Score
04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
That was absolutely awesome. On the edge of my seat the entire time, and what a picture perfect ending. Routh as the fallen hero was pitch perfect, and the ending was just awesome. I think I speak for us all when I say about ******* time.

Overall, just a fantastic season. Really thrilled with the way that turned out. I know it isnt over and 6 more episodes were ordered and filmed, but I for one would have been ok if the series ended right there. That was awesome.

vidae
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Chuck stayed steady (or was flat, depending on how you look at it) with a 2.1 for last nights episode, blah.

Here is to hoping the word is out and the back six will get better ratings.

quick edit: It was up against the NCAA championship game in Mountain/Pacific time zones, so some are thinking it could have been as high as 2.3. 2.3 isn't a lock for renewal, but it is better. It's looking like a 2.1 isn't as bad as it seemed originally.

Whistler6
04-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Chuck stayed steady (or was flat, depending on how you look at it) with a 2.1 for last nights episode, blah.

Here is to hoping the word is out and the back six will get better ratings.

quick edit: It was up against the NCAA championship game in Mountain/Pacific time zones, so some are thinking it could have been as high as 2.3. 2.3 isn't a lock for renewal, but it is better. It's looking like a 2.1 isn't as bad as it seemed originally.

I mentioned this in the TV thread, but NBC has renewed Marriage Ref and Minute to Win it. If Chuck is canceled but those 2 shows renewed, the heads at NBC deserve to be dropped immediately.

Unfortunately good tv doesn't always equal great numbers. Here's an interview with executive producer Chris Fedak about last night's show. The interview was held before the show aired, but it's still pretty spoiler filled.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/OMG-Chuck-Killed-1016954.aspx

vidae
04-06-2010, 08:37 PM
It's really quite amazing how there is not only a rabid group of viewers among fans but also critics. This show is loved by all the critics I've read, but that unfortunately doesn't transform into ratings. I still blame the night. It's up against some of the most watch shows in TV right now. Meh.

Whistler6
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Chuck me a Chuck (http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/chuck/287885) scoop, please! — Becca
MICKEY: We asked Zach Levi (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/zachary-levi/191119) if Chuck's first kill was just the beginning of a new, violent phase for the cuddly nerd. "Chuck is not comfortable using guns and goes out of his way to not use guns," he tells us. "It's all I've been wanting to do for two-and-a-half years is kill people, but for Chuck, it brings him to his next step of evolution, good and bad."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-CSI-Glee-1016971.aspx

vidae
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
He definitely will not be a killer. Schwartz and Fedak have already stated that multiple times. The only instance he would ever shoot someone was if Sarah was in danger.. she was, and he did it, but it was just for her.

Whistler6
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
It's really quite amazing how there is not only a rabid group of viewers among fans but also critics. This show is loved by all the critics I've read, but that unfortunately doesn't transform into ratings. I still blame the night. It's up against some of the most watch shows in TV right now. Meh.

It's an endless battle...See Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development, Firefly, Futurama, Playmakers, etc. Okay, maybe kidding a bit on the last one, but the show sucked me in.

I refuse to believe Chuck will die.

vidae
04-07-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm more confident this year than I was last year for renewal, but it could go either way. Here is to hoping that NBC pulls their heads out of their asses and gives us another season.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Very good episode. I can't say it was best ever, season 2 finale is still the best IMO.

Thoughts:

- I really didn't think Shaw would turn out like he did. Why did he have to take her all the way to that warehouse just to show her the tape? Why did he have his gun out when he walked in, then put it away and act like he didn't think it was her fault that she shot his wife? I thought they'd give the character more of a dignified ending. I like it, and I guess I like that I didn't expect it.
- Was that a quadruple cross by Shaw? No I guess just a triple cross. Was the purpose of all the intrigue to get Sarah to France, to that spot where his wife died?
- No more Ring. What do they do now? The Ring didn't turn out to be all that formidable.
- Morgan is an official spy, weird. They now have a way to keep the Buy More in. I don't see any way Chuck can keep working there. I'm guessing he'll have more of a tech role and won't be doing field work.
- Casey reinstated by holding the Ring leader hostage. He could've demanded money but just wanted his old job back. Awesome.
- Chuck finally killed somebody. How long until he has to do it again? Will it be to save Sarah? If not, will she get hypocritical again and leave him?
- Chuck and Sarah FINALLY do it. At least that was the implication.
- Will we ever find out who gave the order to kill Shaw's wife? Does it matter anymore?

I need to go back and watch again to see if I notice things I missed the first time.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, Chuck finally banging Sarah was like me banging Sarah. It felt good.

vidae
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
From what I read from a few different interviews, The Ring is far from dead, and part of the reason that Fulcrum seemed more formidable was largely due to the budget cuts. They had a big plan for The Ring, but with a reduced budget I don't think they were able to really make it work how they wanted it.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
From what I read from a few different interviews, The Ring is far from dead, and part of the reason that Fulcrum seemed more formidable was largely due to the budget cuts. They had a big plan for The Ring, but with a reduced budget I don't think they were able to really make it work how they wanted it.

Bummer. Maybe they should ratchet back on The Ring and just do more standard CIA operations. It isn't like spies are only assassins, or that they spend all their time going after rogue spy groups.

Also, Chuck could do non-violent things like covert surveillance and such and narrowly escape. Not that hard to have him avoid killing people.

A Perfect Score
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
He could also just pop some people in their kneecaps or wing them in the shoulder. Discharging a gun, especially in fiction, doesnt have to equate to death. I think in the future you are gunna see Chuck carrying a real gun alot more, however I still dont expect him to kill anyone else.

vidae
04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, and to be honest, with the way these last few episodes have gone? I trust them to tell a kickass story for the last six episodes. In the last month this show has really gone back to what it originally was: an hour of fun.

I look for the ratings to increase slightly for the next few episodes.. hopefully enough for a renewal, even if only for 13 episodes as a replacement later in the year. One of the new pilots is destined to tank. It's on NBC after all.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, and to be honest, with the way these last few episodes have gone? I trust them to tell a kickass story for the last six episodes. In the last month this show has really gone back to what it originally was: an hour of fun.

I look for the ratings to increase slightly for the next few episodes.. hopefully enough for a renewal, even if only for 13 episodes as a replacement later in the year. One of the new pilots is destined to tank. It's on NBC after all.

I would guess it'd be more like 3+. NBC has been horrible lately.

And seriously. Just move the show to Wednesday or something. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

vidae
04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
There has to be something internal that the normal audience doesn't get. The show is not doing well in its current timeslot, so why not move it? Put it on Wednesday at 8, when it isn't up against much tougher competition, and allow it to grow there. If what I'm reading is true about dvr/hulu/nbc.com numbers, it should flourish on a night with some boring stuff on.

Brodeur
04-07-2010, 03:20 PM
I think they should put it on at 10 after the 2 hour comedy block on Thursday's, and move The Marriage Ref to somewhere else.

vidae
04-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I was kind of hoping they'd throw their "reality" junk up against the other Monday stuff but so far it hasn't happened yet.

Whistler6
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Question: Now that Agents Walker and Bartowski are together on Chuck, what’s next for our favorite couple? —Charles
Ausiello: A new obstacle! “Chuck has a secret he’s keeping from Sarah,” teases exec producer Josh Schwartz. “A secret that could cost Chuck what Sarah loves most about him — his mind.” Um, yikers!

Question: Two weeks in the row without any Chuck spoilers? What’s the matter, sad that Shaw is finally gone? I’m not! What’s next for Team Bartowski? —Marie
Ausiello: That Shaw crack may come back to haunt you, since I have it on very good authority that someone from Chuck’s past will return in the finale to do him great harm. Guesses? Hit the comments!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/14/ask-ausiello-spoilers-house-chuck-24/

vidae
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Haha, oh snaps!

I don't think it's Shaw. If I had to guess? Chevy Chase.

vidae
04-26-2010, 12:55 AM
BUMP!

Just a reminder to the rest of the citizens of Buymoria here, Monday 4-26, first new episode since Chuck vs The Other Guy. Make sure to tune in live!

killxswitch
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
I thought Chuck was done for a little while.

CashmoneyDrew
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Too bad I'll be writing a paper and in class. I'll have to catch it online tomorrow.

vidae
04-26-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought Chuck was done for a little while.

It was off the air for two weeks (no idea why) but it's back tonight for six more weeks. The next two or three will probably go in to determining whether or not it's picked up for a fourth season.

edit: Article about tonights episode and Chuck in general by Alan Sepinwall. No spoilers, just a good read:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2010/04/chuck_finds_love_and_is_better.html

killxswitch
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
That article makes me think the chances of Chuck getting renewed are slim. I cant' believe NBC is making another Law and Order.

CC.SD
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
That article had me at 'John Casey as a bearded clown'.

ps I guarantee Yvonne takes a dick better than anyone ever.

El Peefs?????
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
That article had me at 'John Casey as a bearded clown'.

ps I guarantee Yvonne takes a dick better than anyone ever.

I bet Job would have something to say about this.

vidae
04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
That article makes me think the chances of Chuck getting renewed are slim. I cant' believe NBC is making another Law and Order.

There is a chance it is renewed and paired up with a new spy pilot/dramedy called "Undercovers".. they might go with a themed night type of deal. I'm not sure how true the rumors are, but it would be pretty cool.

killxswitch
04-26-2010, 02:25 PM
There is a chance it is renewed and paired up with a new spy pilot/dramedy called "Undercovers".. they might go with a themed night type of deal. I'm not sure how true the rumors are, but it would be pretty cool.

Would it be on a non-House/HIMYM night? If so that sounds great. I've never heard of this Undercovers.

vidae
04-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah. It is rumored to be Wednesday nights.

Whistler6
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Don't abandon hope just yet.

To quote Professor Farnsworth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_J._Farnsworth), "Good news, everyone!" It's looking likely that 'Chuck' (http://television.aol.com/show/chuck/1329189/main) will be getting another season on NBC, according to the Ausiello Files (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/23/chuck-renewal-prospects-looking-good/), although no official word has been sent to the press as of yet.

This is comforting news, as ratings for its current season haven't been stellar, despite the excellent pseudo-season finale (http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/05/chuck-chuck-versus-the-other-guy-recap/), which was written before its six-episode extension was commissioned. Our own Joel Keller has an excellent interview here on TV Squad (http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/21/chuck-co-creator-chris-fedak-on-season-3-2/) with 'Chuck' co-creator Chris Fedak about "Season 3.2."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/23/chuck-may-get-renewed-after-all-claims-source/

vidae
04-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I read that as well. Unsure how I feel about it, but Ausiello isn't wrong a lot and wouldn't post it unless it's true.

Whistler6
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
"But off the record, it's about damn time."
-Gen. Beckman

Alan Sepinwall's instant recap puts a nice bow on the episode:

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/04/chuck-chuck-vs-honeymooners-sarah-smile.html

draftguru151
04-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Polyphonic Spree ftw.

Great episode. Chuck and Sarah together = :) .

dolphinfan2k5
04-27-2010, 03:35 AM
I loved all the references to odd pairs throughout this episode, ie. Jeffster as Simon and Garfunkel, Morgan/Casey etc.

vidae
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Chuck got a 2.1 again which is holding steady. I'm not sure what this means yet but hopefully it ticks upwards a LITTLE next week, and hopefully we know the future of our show sooner rather than later. :)

CashmoneyDrew
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I loved this episode. Great blend of action and humor. Much lighter tone than the other episodes from this season. Felt like season 1/2 Chuck.

El Peefs?????
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
General Beckman going out of character a bit and speaking for basically the entire Chuck fanbase = awesome

A Perfect Score
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
JEFFSTER!

Awesome episode, and I agree that this one was much more season 1/2 in tone then in keeping with the rest of season 3. Pretty excited to see what happens from here on out.

EDIT: Also, I am gunna have to agree with CCSD on Yvonne's dick taking ability. She was so ******* hot this week.

killxswitch
04-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Good episode. They should've left out the Ellie mad-at-Chuck-for-not-being-there-at-the-party angle, there was too much else happening and it felt very tacked on. Probably just a vehicle to get Jeffster into the episode.

I'm glad they're sticking with "Sarah" instead of "Sam". It's like that little revelation never happened.

Casey and Morgan make a funny pairing. I think they'll take Morgan in a technician direction. He'll never be a field agent, but he's obviously useful for surveillance and techie stuff.

vidae
04-28-2010, 01:23 AM
One of my favorite episodes to be honest. It really did feel like an episode from season 1 or 2.. great action, great comedy (Jeffster sighting! see the sig!) and the new combo of Casey and Morgan is too funny. They could do a lot with that. Also, I love the Chuck/Sarah relationship now, even more than I did before. It's a great dynamic.

One of my favorite songs too:

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feelin.. good

ps It isn't easy for someone to be both unbelievably gorgeous AND cute at the same time but Yvonne pulls it off perfectly.

edit: The punk rocker guy on the train that they steal the handcuffs from was Yvonnes real life boyfriend. Was posted somewhere in the Sepinwall blog.

Crickett
04-28-2010, 01:45 AM
One of my favorite episodes, to be honest. It really did feel like an episode from season 1 or 2.. great action, great comedy (Jeffster sighting! see the sig!) and the new combo of Casey and Morgan is too funny. They could do a lot with that. Also, I love the Chuck/Sarah relationship now, even more than I did before. It's a great dynamic.

One of my favorite songs too:

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feelin.. good

ps It isn't easy for someone to be both unbelievably gorgeous AND cute at the same time but Yvonne pulls it off perfectly.

edit: The punk rocker guy on the train that they steal the handcuffs from was the luckiest guy in the whole ******* world. Was posted somewhere in the Sepinwall blog.

Fixed that for you.

vidae
04-28-2010, 01:48 AM
Approved change, sir.

zachsaints52
04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
The next season already started? My mom tivo's Chuck and I have to say I am a fan now.

diabsoule
04-28-2010, 07:52 AM
JEFFSTER!

Awesome episode, and I agree that this one was much more season 1/2 in tone then in keeping with the rest of season 3. Pretty excited to see what happens from here on out.

EDIT: Also, I am gunna have to agree with CCSD on Yvonne's dick taking ability. She was so ******* hot this week.

I have to agree. I thought Yvonne was attractive but damn. This week she made me want to jump through my screen and pull a Roethlisberger.

wogitalia
04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Good episode. They should've left out the Ellie mad-at-Chuck-for-not-being-there-at-the-party angle, there was too much else happening and it felt very tacked on. Probably just a vehicle to get Jeffster into the episode.

Think there was that part and also that it was a way to get rid of those two characters. Seems that way anyway, hopefully they somehow get dragged back in as I think the dynamic is important to the overall show.

Casey and Morgan make a funny pairing. I think they'll take Morgan in a technician direction. He'll never be a field agent, but he's obviously useful for surveillance and techie stuff.

I think what made this feel like a season 1+2 episode was having the clueless agent out in the field. Now that Chuck is basically super awesome they are dragging Morgan out there so they still have the goofy screw things up guy. Also love the Morgan and Casey combo.

Great episode in my book, needed to happen and I like how they went with it. Also, I loled at Beckman at the end.

brat316
04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
They need to do more Jeffster unpluged.

vidae
04-28-2010, 11:50 AM
If Jeffster released a CD I would definitely buy it.

vidae
05-03-2010, 01:59 AM
New episode tonight omgz.

vidae
05-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Great episode. Another one like seasons 1 and 2.. lighthearted and funny without a bunch of depressing stuff.

Chuck and Sarah living together = <3.

Captain Awesome being sick = </3.

Hope it pulled a 2.1 or higher.

A Perfect Score
05-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Another good episode, really love the way they are bringing back the tone of seasons 1/2 and then still focusing on the evolution of the characters. Also, how ******* good did Yvonne look tonight? I swear shes getting hotter every week.

CashmoneyDrew
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmmm, so is the guy messing with Devon part of the ring or something? We'll find out soon I guess.

vidae
05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
He had a ring phone so I'm going to go with yes. :)

Chuck fell to 1.9 in the demo again, tying a series low and was up against brand new shows across the board. Argh. It sucks watching this show tank on Monday night.

Deadline.com was reporting that it looked "better than last year" for a pick up, but at 1.9 it'd be hard to justify it.

:(

CashmoneyDrew
05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
This show better not die. We need Ellie to step in and save it. Stat! Show us your boobs!

vidae
05-04-2010, 10:54 AM
The problem is (imo) the timeslot. You can't expect a show like Chuck to compete in the Monday at 8/7c timeslot. It's the most competitive in television, especially after DWTS comes back.

I have no idea what is going to happen now. I was feeling good a few days ago but if you're looking for a positive spin you can try this: up against all new episodes it maintains between 1.9 and 2.1. It just isn't mainstream enough for the timeslot it's slated in.

I did read a rumor about a spy night on NBC and it being moved to Wednesday to pair with up "Undercovers" but I'm not sure how NBC would justify that with a 1.9 again. Meh.

edit: After looking at all the demos, the 1.9 Chuck got was the highest rated show for NBC for the night. NBC sucks so bad.

killxswitch
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
I am such a different Chuck fan than you guys. I thought the latest episode sucked. Horrible writing.

- Sarah was uncharacteristically bitchy and not in-character at all. If I were her I'd be pissed at the writer(s) for this one.
- Chuck was stiff and boring
- Casey and Morgan showed promise but they could've been so much more. I'd like to see Casey go full-bore on training Morgan, not some lame-ass Buy More training
- The general was unrealistically skeptical of the report that the veteran spy couple had gone rogue. Annoying and not believable.
- The guest star married spies were not entertaining characters at all, nor were they believable as spies even in the light-hearted "early" Chuck world that we're being forced to go back to. And there's no way Sarah at the very least should've just let them get off with no consequences.

I liked the darker direction the show was taking. There were parts of this last ep that were uncomfortable to watch. I'm guessing others agreed and that would partially account for the 1.9 rating. I agree NBC needs to get Chuck out of the Monday night slot and give the Spy Night Wednesday thing a try.

I was thrown off by Awesome and Ellie in Africa, I thought that was supposed to be a device to get them off the show for a while so they could save money. I did not expect the Ring operative in Africa. I wonder where this is going. IMO it and a couple tiger scenes were the only good parts of the episode.

vidae
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
From what I'm reading, everything except Castle was down across the board because of the NBA/NHL playoffs? I guess the NBA playoffs brought in over 5 million viewers so the 1.9 isn't exactly life threatening.

I didn't think the episode was bad at all. I loved the guest stars personally. I don't need a bunch of stuff going on to enjoy a Chuck episode. I don't mind lighthearted "filler" episodes at all. A lot of season one and two were just that, funny and fun without any of the darker elements.

dolphinfan2k5
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
I love Chuck a lot, but I have to agree that this wasn't one of the better episodes. I agree with most of killswitches bullet points, but not the stuff after it. I didn't really like Awesome and Ellie being in Africa, especially for only one episode, all the scenes with them just seemed silly and rushed. It wasn't a terrible episode, but it wasn't one of the better ones.

CashmoneyDrew
05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Article I saw on Yahoo that had a list of the major shows had Chuck in the "Looking Good for Renewal" section which is the highest a show can get besides already being renewed.

vidae
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Tune in tonight for an all new episode! :D

Also, some links that I found interesting on the prospects of Chuck being renewed:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/10/nbcs-bromstad-talks-about-chuck-as-usual-says-nothing/50907

Full interview can be found here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i51f95541d351a9e92a8a6955e250b806?utm_source=fee dburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ftelevision+(The+Hollywo od+Reporter+-+Television)&utm_content=Google+Reader

As someone on the TVBN site said, she opened the door for Chuck. The interviewer didn't mention Chuck, she did. Why would you bring up a show in an interview that you plan on canceling?

Michael Ausiello, TV rumor guy:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/10/chuck-pickup-season-4/

Just thought these were interesting.

As always, try to read these objectively. No one knows what is going to happen yet, but it's still "looking good" as far as I can tell. :)

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2010, 05:46 PM
This will be the first time I've watched live in some time. I've forgotten what time it even comes on. 8 et, right?

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Anna Woo! So hot. Want to touch the heiney.

vidae
05-11-2010, 12:20 AM
This is one of my favorite episodes to date. I think they did the dream sequences really well and I had fun the entire episode.

A few things I didn't like:

I'm sick of the character that Ellie has become. She's annoying and shrill most of the time and she never used to be. I hope the writers have something in store for her that isn't "disapproving big sister" for the next few episodes.

I really hope Shaw is dead dead and not alive somehow, but if he were to come back as some sort of super villain, I could see it working.

Those things aside, I loved the episode and I loved that Sarah finally told Chuck she loved him. A lot of the shippers were getting antsy over the fact that she had never said "those three words" and tonight she did, twice. She is finally not afraid to feel something like that for someone else, even if they're both spies. They have amazing chemistry together.

Here is to hoping we get another season. :)

vidae
05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/11/rumored-chuck-lives-on-with-13-episode-renewal/51147

If they're posting it, it's as close to true as we'll get.

CashmoneyDrew
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Hip hop hooray!

vidae
05-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Now we have two pray for two things!:

1) It is true and it comes back, and

2) It's on a new night!

Brodeur
05-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Please don't force it to be anywhere close to the abomination that is Heroes.

vidae
05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I think it'll be tough for Chuck to get THAT bad, no matter the story arc for next season.

DoughBoy
05-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I think it'll be tough for Chuck to get THAT bad, no matter the story arc for next season.

Its already terrible.

vidae
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Its already terrible.

Doughie = jerk. Pay no attention to him. :)

killxswitch
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Finally watched Chuck last night. Good episode. I agree Ellie is annoying. I am also tired of no one taking Chuck seriously, when he continually turns out to be right when he sounds ridiculous.

Morgan's handling of Anna was great.

The dream sequences are really interesting, I like the future there.

Was the shrink Christopher Lloyd? Damn he is old.

CashmoneyDrew
05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Its already terrible.

*Must. Resist. Urge. To. Neg.*

vidae
05-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah it was Christopher Lloyd. Josh Schwartz said in an interview a few weeks back that Back to the Future was a huge inspiration on him and Chris Fedak both, but that Chuck wouldn't be calling him "Doc".. yet it happened four times. :D

vidae
05-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Semi update:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/primetime-pilot-panic-Chuck-renewed-david-kelley-legal-show-picked-up-for-midseason/

Deadline and Michael Ausiello reporting it is renewed as well. Three of the major sites (with TVBTN) saying that it's coming back. I think it's a done deal. Three more days until the NBC Upfronts (They moved it from Monday to Sunday, one day ahead of Fox I guess) and we'll know 100% for certain.

CashmoneyDrew
05-13-2010, 10:08 PM
It's coming back. I've convinced myself.

vidae
05-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah I think so too.

It sounds a lot like they're going to team it up with two new pilots that they've picked in Undercovers and The Event. I hope to god it's not on Monday though.

Oh, well look at that:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/13/its-official-chuck-renewed-by-nbc/51367

killxswitch
05-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes! I figured it was probably going to get renewed but it is great to get confirmation.

vidae
05-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Ali Adler, who was an EP and a writer, left the show to work on ABCs No Ordinary Family. She was brilliant as a writer for Chuck, so that hurts. Still can't wait until the new season though. :)

A Perfect Score
05-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Is it sick that I can recite the Hotel episode line for line? Might be my favorite in the series.

Brodeur
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Nothing beats the season 2 finale.

vidae
05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
The IOU one condom part was hilarious. Good ole Morgan Guillermo Grimes.

Brodeur
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Jeffster performances cure cancer.

draftguru151
05-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Jeff autotune makes me want to cry more than normal autotune does.

Pretty awesome episode. Want to punch Ellie in the face.

vidae
05-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Awesome episode but I agree about Ellie. I posted a week or so ago about how annoying she has gotten lately. She's just so ******* shrill and annoying and worthless. They really have to do something to further that character along or something. Every time she strolls on screen I roll my eyes.

I loved the episode though. There is no way that it was Shaw getting his own intersect. There is a reason they didn't show his face at all. I do not buy for one second that Shaw is alive.

draftguru151
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.nbc.com/app2/img/410x364xS/scet/photos/96/5319/0251_EWFR_CHUCK.jpg

Earth, Wind, Fire... AND RAIN!

CashmoneyDrew
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
He no longer has the hips of a 6 year old girl.

I was pissed there was no preview for next time.

vidae
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
There were in some areas, just not in all.

Jeffster! I love this video. :D

4fgmcqvwLH4

CashmoneyDrew
05-18-2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/season-finale-preview/1228651/

Season Finale looks epic.

Brodeur
05-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Some of us want to avoid season finale previews Drew.

vidae
05-18-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/season-finale-preview/1228651/

Season Finale looks epic.

It does look epic!

CashmoneyDrew
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Some of us want to avoid season finale previews Drew.

Then don't click the link! No link for you!

vidae
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
ps guess I was wrong about Shaw? lols!

StickSkills
05-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Prediction: Chuck knows that there is the overload problem with the Intersect, so I think he's going to try and wear out Shaw's intersect and his father will be able to save Chuck thanks to the Governor thing.

vidae
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I am in the very small minority that believes Shaw could be the Intersect messing with Chucks brain. I'm probably wrong though. I do hate Shaw though and I hope Chuck finishes what he started and double taps him in the chest.

vidae
05-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Two hour season finale of Chuck tonight! :D

killxswitch
05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Two hour season finale of Chuck tonight! :D

Sweet!! I thought they were only doing a normal-length finale. I may be confusing Chuck with The Office though.

Hopefully Ellie finally stops being a dumbass.

vidae
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
And it's a SEASON finale and not a SERIES finale! Yay!

killxswitch
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Also good news of course. Any more rumors about Spy Night for Chuck and The Undercovers?

vidae
05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
The schedule is set, so unless they decide to drastically change their Fall lineup, it's not happening. Undercovers is on Wednesday and Chuck is back on Monday.

I have a feeling it'll be the last 13 episodes but hey, a lot of shows are axed before their fourth season, so I'll take what I can get. :)

killxswitch
05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Bummer. Chuck on Mondays is such a bad idea. NBC doesn't deserve good shows.

vidae
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Chuck is also going up against the exact same competition in the Fall (DWTS, House, HIMYM/RoE) so it won't grow, but it'll be a steady performer for them.. and maybe, JUST MAYBE IF they promote it during SNF and the summer you could maybe maybe maybe get back to 2.4/2.5 range, but those are big ifs.

CashmoneyDrew
05-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Is this coming on at it's normal time or is it starting an hour earlier?

vidae
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Tonight, or in the fall?

Tonight it's on at 8/7c like usual, it's just going for 2 hours.

draftguru151
05-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Dibs on Casey's daughter.

Epic finale! Loved every minute. Can't wait for next season!

vidae
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Seriously epic finale! Really great job by the writers! I think they tied it up nicely.. but now.. who is his mom?! I wonder who they get to play her for next year..

It looks like Orion had a ton of files on a lot of different organizations and missions.. that means this is just the beginning.

How is Chuck going to keep being a spy after he promised Ellie? Speaking of Ellie, I thought it was great how she learned about it.. and I can't believe Scott Bakula is dead. :(

I know I jumped around a lot but I loved loved loved that finale. Can't wait for the Fall. :)

Forenci
05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
It was a very good finale. They've done a great job with finales in their short tenure. Most TV finales are lacking but Chuck has done an excellent job of wrapping it up.

That said, for as good as this one was, the season two finale still can't be matched. It was way too epic.

vidae
05-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, this doesn't touch the s2 finale, but it was still VERY well done.

Another note: Adam Baldwin was amazing this episode. I loved that he went to protect his daughter right away.. seems like there is a human side to Col. John Casey yet.. and I wonder if his daughter is going to be a returning cast member for next year? I somehow doubt it, but wouldn't hate it either.

Feinberg (who does a podcast with Alan Sepinwall) suggested that Mary McDonnell (from BSG!) would be a great person to cast as Mama Bartowski.. and I can't agree more.

draftguru151
05-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh God that would just be too weird.

vidae
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM
If not her then who?

I've seen two names floating around from the fans:

Lynda Carter, who originally played Wonder Woman
Mary McDonnell, who played President Laura Roslin from BSG

The big thing is, the casting for his dad was so perfect. Scott Bakula was the perfect choice for Papa Bartowski, so they really need to hit a homerun on the cast for his mom now too.

Excited to see who it'll be. :)

wogitalia
05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Awesome... Just Awesome...

Loved how everything is wrapped up and yet everything is still entirely open.

killxswitch
05-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Overall this was a great finale. I am a little more critical of the show than some of you but I have to give credit to the writers on this one, great way to end a good season.

Pros:

- The Buy More blew up.
- Jeffster are FUGITIVES!
- Casey getting to know his daughter
- Morgan getting hardcore with breaking his own thumbs
- Ellie, Awesome, and Morgan saving the spies (car missile FTW)
- Chuck NAILED the Russian accent and look
- Ellie stopped being so dumb
- The direction they're taking looks very interesting (freelance spying, Momma Bartowski, etc)
- FINALLY Ellie, Morgan, and Awesome all know about Chuck and don't have to be secretive around each other anymore.

Cons:

- I wanted them to kill Shaw outright. No resolution there.
- I wanted to see what happened with the Five. No resolution there either.
- The use of Jeffster was not as epic as I expected during the ending fight. I didn't even recognize the song they played and they just really didn't focus much on the video at all.
- I will miss Papa Bartowski

vidae
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Allow me to respond to your cons!

I read an interview with Chris Fedak where he was asked about Chuck not killing Shaw, and he gave a great answer: Chuck shot Shaw on the bridge to save Sarah, but Chuck is NOT a killer.. at that point (in the Buy More) Chuck already WON.. and since he isn't a killer, he was done. What I would have loved, personally, is Shaw telling Chuck that he can't kill because he's weak, and then Chuck saying "I can't, but she can" and watching Sarah shoot him multiple times in the chest, but, eh, I understand why they did what they did.

I also thought it was a little too easy for them to catch the Ring "Five" but with a reduced budget and having no idea if they were going to get the back 6 episodes, I'll let it slide. If they had the full 19 order at the start of the season they could have spaced it out a bit more and made it a little more "believable" but they couldn't, so I'll give it to em.

You're definitely right about the Jeffster! video.. I was hoping it'd play a bigger part there, maybe even both Shaw and Chuck stopping and looking at the monitors weirdly before continuing to fight, but whatevs. I also didn't really think the fight scene was done that well, but you could probably chalk that up to a) Zach Levi not really being a great action actor or b) The intersect was on the fritz and it played a part in him not being able to just flat out kick his ass.

I can't agree more about missing Scott Bakula. Like I said in a previous post, I thought it was PERFECT casting and I'm a huge Bakula fan to begin with. It sucks that he's gone, but I'm thinking we'll see a lot of "flashback" moments with him in season4.

Crickett
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
If they really want to bring Scott Bakula back, they could you know. I mean, there was a cellular regeneration thingy that saved Shaw in the very next room.

They probably won't though.