PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

asmitty45
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Does anyone else love all these reports about the Lions falling in love with him? I think its great because i think its a huge smokescreen, they are driving his market value up and hopefully will be able to pull off a blockbuster trade.

If we end up making a trade who are the likely candidates and what do you think we can get for him?

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Miami
Houston
Minnesota but that wont happen
those are the ones off the top pf my head maybe even the browns
All of them except the browns we should be able to get their 1st 2nd and mayb even third or a pick next year

asmitty45
03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Ya those were the ones i was thinkin too, but do you think cleveland would trade up one spot for Quinn the way they did for Kellen Winslow II? Also what about Carolina do you think theyd break the bank for a future QB?

Mythos
03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I think Quinn goes 6th, to a team other than Washington.

Notredameleo
03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't mind drafting quinn as a notre dame fan, but I will not be disappointed if we dont. Plus, i would like for quinn to go to a better situation, like the Fins or Redskins.

detroit4life
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM
redskins dont have the ammo and will probably go with cambell for another year i was also thinking carolina but idk if Millen would want to move down that far because at 14 willis isnt even a sure bet

Aard
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
redskins dont have the ammo and will probably go with cambell for another year i was also thinking carolina but idk if Millen would want to move down that far because at 14 willis isnt even a sure bet

If Detroit trades down to 14 and Willis isn't there anymore the Lions still have good options, especially when you consider the extra pick in the second round, plus whatever other picks Detroit might get.

Decent options at 1.14:

DE Adam Carriker
S Laron Landry
CB Leon Hall
DE Charles Johnson (a bit of a reach, but so is Gaines Adams at 1.02)

JoeMontainya
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Quinn will be a bust on Detroit with there current OL. Just like Harrington, Jones, Williams, Rogers (for other reasons) etc....

Just draft Thomas please, and finally have someone on the OL that 31 other teams can recognize by at least there names and not bad play.

WMD
03-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I'd love to have Brady Quinn as the Future QB. I would have no complaints if we stayed at #2 (or even traded down) and drafted him.

Newbs24
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
I think next year will have better pro QBs coming out of college. I think a guy that may be a steal next year will be Matt Flynn from LSU. I really like him. We have more pressing needs than a QB right now, especially with the value that the #2 pick could have. I don't like trading out of the Top 10 because Willis and Adams will be gone. 8 would be the last spot I would move to. Unless we can pick up a 2nd rounder and a 1st next year from Carolina if they want to jump way up for Brady.

asmitty45
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Quinn will be a bust on Detroit with there current OL. Just like Harrington, Jones, Williams, Rogers (for other reasons) etc....

Just draft Thomas please, and finally have someone on the OL that 31 other teams can recognize by at least there names and not bad play.

Jones is hardly a bust, and please read the rest o the board for reasons we dont need/want Joe Thomas

Addict
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Jones is hardly a bust, and please read the rest o the board for reasons we dont need/want Joe Thomas

I'm sorry, we don't WANT joe thomas? hell if we hadn't gotten foster, we'd be drooling all over the kid.

And I think next year we will take a very long, very hard look at either Sam Baker or Jake Long.

TacticaLion
03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry, we don't WANT joe thomas? hell if we hadn't gotten foster, we'd be drooling all over the kid.

And I think next year we will take a very long, very hard look at either Sam Baker or Jake Long.Nah... we don't want Joe Thomas. That just isn't the directon of our 1st round pick.

The coaches aren't as concerned with our OLine (keep in mind... it was badly injured last year). With Foster (and maybe Mulitalo), it'll be much better next year.

asmitty45
03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
If we cant trade from #2 then i think Quinn is the pick, but im still 110% for trading down and stockpiling the picks

Scotty D
03-14-2007, 06:24 PM
More and more I want Drew Stanton. I just hope he is there for our second rounder.

detroit4life
03-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I think if we rly wanted him we'd have no problem moving up to the bottom of round 1 to get him but i think he'll be there at 34 unless someone else trades up

Scotty D
03-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I think if we rly wanted him we'd have no problem moving up to the bottom of round 1 to get him but i think he'll be there at 34 unless someone else trades up

Lets just hope the Raiders don't think Calvin Johnson and Drew Stanton sounds better then Russell and whatever.

detroit4life
03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
no i think Al davis is going to like Russell a lot more than Stanton

Mythos
03-14-2007, 06:44 PM

And I think next year we will take a very long, very hard look at either Sam Baker or Jake Long.

I think if Millen had really wanted Thomas, he would've moved Bly to Washington or taken Denver's 3rd over Foster. I think he made the move for Foster partly because he undervalues the O-line and partly because he doesn't want to create a mess out of the Backus situation.

ChefMike
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Believe in this...next years class of OL is much better then this years especially at Tackle. I think 2nd rd for Drew Stanton would be a good pick. Why not trade down with New England and get #24 & #28 and next years #1 and maybe this years 4th rd pick still can pick up multiple quality players on defense late in the 1st this year ie.
Defensive Offensive
1. Chris Houston 1. Dwayne Jarrett
2. Lawrence Timmons 2. Justin Blaylock
3. Michael Griffen 3. Ben Grubbs
4. Marcus McCauley 4. Sidney Rice
5. Charles Johnson
6. Tim Crowder

There are lots of options with great value that wont cost a huge signing bonus and can add more for less and stockpile picks at the same time.

detroit4life
03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah but i think when your int he Top 5 you need to look at a player that can be great rather then look for players who will be solid contributors. Im not saying those players aren't going to be great but the better players go earlier on

asmitty45
03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Believe in this...next years class of OL is much better then this years especially at Tackle. I think 2nd rd for Drew Stanton would be a good pick. Why not trade down with New England and get #24 & #28 and next years #1 and maybe this years 4th rd pick still can pick up multiple quality players on defense late in the 1st this year ie.
Defensive Offensive
1. Chris Houston 1. Dwayne Jarrett
2. Lawrence Timmons 2. Justin Blaylock
3. Michael Griffen 3. Ben Grubbs
4. Marcus McCauley 4. Sidney Rice
5. Charles Johnson
6. Tim Crowder

There are lots of options with great value that wont cost a huge signing bonus and can add more for less and stockpile picks at the same time.

Like it a lot, i would love that trade