PDA

View Full Version : Hall Davis DE Louisana Lafayette

SenorGato
02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
6'5 275...anyone really have any info on this guy?

The size/frame are intriguing for a developmental end prospect...got a combine invite too...just curious to see if there's any opinion on him right now.

princefielder28
02-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Like you mentioned he does have some intriguing size, and although his stats may not be eye-popping, I think those can be ignored. He is definitely catching the eyes of scouts, seeing as he was asked to come to the Senior Bowl late in the process, but turned down the opportunity so he could be healthy for the Combine. I think the Combine will have a great influence on his stock. If he can put up some nice measurables, which seems to be likely, he could put himself in a position to where a team will use a mid round pick based off of his potential and skill set.

Plus, I think his best fit may be at 3-4 end and as teams continue to transition towards that scheme, the ability to play that position has become more important.

frubulubu
02-11-2010, 11:41 PM
We all like the stories of guys like him. He has the mesurables, and could see like the steelers taking him.

Scott Wright
02-11-2010, 11:53 PM
He's going to go much higher than people realize. Maybe Round 3.

SenorGato
02-12-2010, 04:46 PM
He's going to go much higher than people realize. Maybe Round 3.

Thanks Scott...that's why I asked. Really interesting upside it seems...heard from a usually decent source that he played DE/OLB at times last year...I doubt he plays it as a pro and I'm looking at him as more of a 3-4 DE...how similar to Jason Jones (Titans) is he as a prospect? Jones had the exact same type of profile...but maybe he was just plain better for all I know.

neko4
02-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Well Jason Jones played at EMU in the north, and Hall Davis played at ULL in the south, therefore Hall Davis>Jason Jones. Haha, im kidding (kindof). If its true that he played OLB than he maybe faster than some think.