PDA

View Full Version : Mock - Top 15 only

SRogers92
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
1. St. Louis Rams -- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame ... I think, in the end, Clausen goes over Bradford because of arm strength, system, and durability. I think the Rams have invested too much $ into the DL to take another DL prospect that high.

2. Detroit Lions -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska ... I like McCoy more as the prospect, but - didn't have the nerve to put him here over Suh ... Suh fits Schwartz' scheme a bit better ... while neither is a big nose tackle type, he likes stronger, more powerful DTs.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma ... Tampa Bay needs to address their weak DL ... the defense as a whole has a legacy of being very good but, has started to tail off ... while their pass rush is lacking - McCoy goes a long way to get a push up the middle.

4. Washington Redskins -- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St ... the Redskins offense could use a lot ... I think the staff is "OK" with Jason Campbell ... Okung will solidify the ever so important LT position.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee ... I think a lot of teams think Berry could play CB ... either way - Chiefs need defensive playmakers and while he can't really help that absymal run defense, he can create turnovers for them.

6. Seattle Seahawks -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma ... Matt Hasselbeck may be done ... at the worst, he can mentor Bradford for half a year until he loses his spot. They need a QB of the future very badly, though.

7. Cleveland Browns -- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida ... Browns need an upgrade in the pass rush ... Paul can make the transition to the 34 OLB, IMO ... he has the elite athleticism to contribute immediately.

8. Oakland Raiders -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers ... Finally, Al Davis does something smart ... Drafts a potential franchise LT to move Mario Henderson to RT or back to the bench.

9. Buffalo Bills -- Joe Haden, CB, Florida ... The Bills could opt for a WR like Dez Bryant, but - ultimately Haden has less question marks and is the well established #1 CB in this draft. The Bills have already taken a CB high, but - Haden is a very good corner and you need atleast 3 good ones nowadays.

10. Denver Broncos -- Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama ... This pick is only contingent on what happens with Brandon Marshall ... if he's gone, they take Dez Bryant, IMO ... They run a 34 defense so, they need two good MLBs and Rolando McClain has the potential to be a Ray Lewis force.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech ... How many times have they tried to get a good pass rush and failed? Morgan could finally be the prospect they need.

12. Miami Dolphins -- Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE, Texas ... Joey Porter is probably gone and Jason Taylor is dwindling ... Kindle can reignite their pathetic pass rush ... Dez Bryant makes sense, too, but - Tuna is a defensive guy and will get his way.

13. San Francisco 49ers -- Bryant Bulaga, OT, Iowa ... after being embarassed by Brandon Graham, Bulaga stepped up his game ... The 49ers have recently invested a lot into a LT prospect that hasn't panned out completely as expected. Bulaga can play RT or LT and atleast give them some versatility incase of injuries.

14. Seattle Seahawks -- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma ... has a lot of potential, even at LT where he is very raw ... worse case scenario, you get an elite RT who could transition over to LT when needed ... Carroll has expressed a large interest in upgrading his OL and Williams will do that.

15. New York Giants -- Taylor Mays, S, USC ... will play alongside the rejuvinated Kenny Phillips to help out a very poorous secondary last season in New York ... obviously - Mays is far from a finished product, but the potential in him is eye-popping. The Giants fan will get behind him and cheer whenever he lays someone out.

RealityCheck
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
The only bad thing about cheering for a good team is that lazy people never predict your picks.

Unbiased
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
The only bad thing about cheering for a good team is that lazy people never predict your picks.

Yes, but you also live near or in Boston. So that cancels it out.

zachsaints52
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Don't see the Browns passing up on Haden.

AntoinCD
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Obviously not delighted with the slightly less than half a round but one question though, are you saying a rejuvinated Kenny Phillips as a guess??? I know his rehab is going well but who knows if he will be the same or worse.

Apart from that pretty good 46.875% of a first round mock

vidae
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
If you can't stop the run you won't win games. McClain > Berry for KC.

SRogers92
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't see a MLB going top 5 ... Patrick Willis was a better prospect and didn't go that high ... not to mention, 34 MLBs just simply aren't that valuable ... I'd be willing to bet we wno't be seeing McClain in the top 5 ...

And -- I'm only doing top 15 because we haven't had the combine yet and that will change things dramatically ... I'm sure it will in the top 15, too, but -- to a lesser extent ... I'll be doing an entire first round after that.

SuperMcGee
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Haden is just not a good pick at all.

We DO have 3 good corners already, and the secondary is the only place where we can feel comfortable. Cornerback is the last thing we need with a new defense, no LT, and no QB. Rolando McClain, Bryan Bulaga, and even Dez Bryant, who I am normally against taking, would be much better picks for Buffalo.

SRogers92
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Kenny Phillips comment was just a prediction ... which goes to support my choice for them even more ... obviously if they part with Umenyiora that will change my mock for them, too ...

RealityCheck
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes, but you also live near or in Boston. So that cancels it out.
Not at all. I live thousand of miles away from Boston.

king2am
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
13. San Francisco 49ers -- Bryant Bulaga, OT, Iowa ... after being embarassed by Brandon Graham, Bulaga stepped up his game ... The 49ers have recently invested a lot into a LT prospect that hasn't panned out completely as expected. Bulaga can play RT or LT and atleast give them some versatility incase of injuries.

First - I agree with the pick. Bulaga makes a lot of sense for the 49ers because we desperately need a RT. However, to say we've invested a lot into a LT prospect that hasn't panned out...is absurd. Joe Staley is the cornerstone of this offensive line, easily the best player up front that we have.

I'm curious, what has he done for you to say he hasn't "panned out"?

mcdlaxbonz13
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
as a browns fan that is the worst possible pick for the first round. give us haden. Also our pass rush wasn't awefull considering we ended the season tied for 8th for most sacks in the season.

DeathbyStat
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
posted in the wrong place..sorry

SRogers92
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Sacks doesn't necessarily equate to good pass rush - lots of factors go into that ...I remember a few years ago the Lions were top 10 in DL sacks, but - our DL was terrible and never got pressure consistently ... Whenever I watched a Browns game, their pass rush wasn't taking over or even make a huge impact on the game ... Maybe I'm mistaken, but -- was never impressed with any of their OLBs ...

Joe Staley was drafted to be a perennial Pro Bowl, top talent OT ... not the case ... he hasn't panned out comparable to his draft status ... is he elite? no ... is he serviceable - yeah, he's aight ...

Cornerstone of a so-so OL doesn't mean a thing to me, btw ...

T-RICH49
02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
perfect KC pick.Berry is a beast

redbills
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
..... :smackface: ..... good player, no need.

RaiderNation
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Very good raider pick

thebow305
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Very nice Miami pick!

Unbiased
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Not at all. I live thousand of miles away from Boston.

How'd you become a Pats fan?

Bengals78
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
How'd you become a Pats fan?

Teh winzzzz

Bills2083
02-11-2010, 10:39 PM
The Bills are not drafting a CB in the 1st round.
We have much larger needs....

-OT
-DT
-OLB/ILB
-QB
-DE (if Schobel leaves)
-WR

Abaddon
02-12-2010, 02:33 AM
8. Oakland Raiders -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers ... Finally, Al Davis does something smart ... Drafts a potential franchise LT to move Mario Henderson to RT or back to the bench.

Henderson doesn't have the skill set to play RT, so he'd go to the bench...if Al actually allowed that to happen. More likely, Davis would start out at RT.

Can't really see Al passing up Joe Haden.

SRogers92
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
This could change after the combine, keep in mind ... not knowing a lot about Haden's measurables matters, a lot ... if he runs a good 40 and tests well physically in most other departments, I'd have him going to the Raiders - or early ... assuming he runs a 4.48 or so(IMO is his range), I think Al Davis passes him up for an OT ...