PDA

View Full Version : Official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Todd Bertuzzi
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Discuss all Olympic related things in this thread.

Opening ceremonies are tomorrow night and the games officially start Saturday.

vidae
02-12-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty stoked. Really looking forward to them.

iBoldin
02-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I got tickets (well, my Dad's work, but whatever) to both the Moguls and the short track speed skating stuff! And possibly the relegation games for Hockey. I'm so pumped, my anticipation has been building throughout the week. It's surreal that the Olympics are finally here.

I don't think people should care about protesting anymore. Their here, just enjoy the experiences you have and soak it all in. Complain about it afterwords.

I hear the Ceremonies are both very, very well done, as well. Should be great!

tEk
02-12-2010, 01:27 AM
cant wait for curling, nothing gets me goin in the pants quite like sweeping some ice.

Hurricanes25
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Im calling it now. USA will sweep the podium in both men and women's snowboard halfpipe.

A Perfect Score
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Lies. Canada is superior at all things snow related.

dabears10
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Lies. Canada is superior at all things snow related.

http://shuttershades.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/shaun-white-snowboarding-ha-780252.jpg

Hawk
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.ohnozone.net/archives/050226e.jpg

bored of education
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I ******* hate the Olympics but I am a ****

CashmoneyDrew
02-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Screw these Olympics for making some of my favorite shows go on hiatus.

With that said, the Flying Tomato will always be the Flying Tomato whether he wants to be or not.

Hawk
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Do you think Shaun White has a soul?

Caddy
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Australia's greatest Winter Games moment.

lfQMJtilOGg

MetSox17
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Australia's greatest Winter Games moment.

lfQMJtilOGg

Holy **** that was epic.

dabears10
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Do you think Shaun White has a soul?

Don't need a soul to win gold.

TitanHope
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili dies from crash - Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Nodar-Kumaritashvili-suffers-life-threatening-in?urn=oly,219382)

Thoughts go out to his family... :(

TitleTown088
02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Watch the video of his crash. I cant believe they had metal poles next to the track like that. Looks stupid to have them there to me.

Canadian_kid16
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Watch the video of his crash. I cant believe they had metal poles next to the track like that. Looks stupid to have them there to me.

I'm thinking the same thing, but in watching the video its crazy how fast they travel...there has to be a way to slow down the track even slightly

TitanHope
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Luging is a time trial, right? So they're probably doing everything they can to go faster and reduce their time.

Death occurrs in sports all the time, but that doesn't mean it loses it's shock. Hopefully some good will come out of this and improvements will be made in track design in order to decrease the chance that an athlete doesn't get projected off the track. Maybe make the walls higher coming out of turns or something.

The video wasn't graphic, since you really couldn't see the impact of him hitting the pole, but it was still hard to watch.

Bills2083
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Where's the video?
edit: nevermind, found one....

who's the idiot that designed that?
At least have a protective wall there or padding on the pole.
You think they would considering that they said it's the steepest part of the track.

Caddy
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Where's the video?

I found it using google.

CJSchneider
02-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm watching the opening ceremonies now.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
First off, I am Canadian. I am disgusted with the focus on Aboriginals in the opening ceremony. It disgusts me to no end. The fact that the 'Four Chiefs' couldn't even arrive on time, making the Governor General area look absolutely stupid, enrages me to no end.

I can't tell you how mad I am at how this came together and the fact that the focus on the ceremony was on them....

I'm trying to keep this post as 'clean' as possible, but boy am i angry.

Chucky
02-12-2010, 08:53 PM
First off, I am Canadian. I am disgusted with the focus on Aboriginals in the opening ceremony. It disgusts me to no end. The fact that the 'Four Chiefs' couldn't even arrive on time, making the Governor General area look absolutely stupid, enrages me to no end.

I can't tell you how mad I am at how this came together and the fact that the focus on the ceremony was on them....

I'm trying to keep this post as 'clean' as possible, but boy am i angry.

I have no problem with the fact that the 'Four Chiefs' came late. In fact I applaud them.

I will leave it at that.

Chucky
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
This song is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I am embarrassed.

Get the Hip up there to sing fifty mission cap

SuperMcGee
02-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Agreed.

I'm rooting hard for the guy from Ghana.

brat316
02-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Where's the video?
edit: nevermind, found one....

who's the idiot that designed that?
At least have a protective wall there or padding on the pole.
You think they would considering that they said it's the steepest part of the track.

hindsight is always 20/20. The pole i'm guessing is there to hold up the top part of the track or something that is covering over it. I'm guessing that is the first time this has happened. Usually i'm guessing that if they crash its in a turn, thats where all the padding and things are. That is a straight and figure that no is going to fly up when going straight. Also they don't wear much protection as you can see.

Its one of those freak accidents, a lot of the same can be said about football, from a outsiders view. We don't really know the sport of luge, or how to design tracks so we can't really talk.

senormysterioso
02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I was at the gym today and I overheard 2 women talking about the luger that died today, and one said to the other, "I just don't know why they don't have seatbelts on those things."

God save us all....

MaxV
02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
RIP Nodar. Very sad way to start the Olympics.

GB12
02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
So I thought I'd give the Olympic ceremonies a shot. Talk about some stupid ass ****.

bantx
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
That was probably the lamest opening ceremony ever, way to go Canada...

Chucky
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM

It's artistic.

******* philistines.

bantx
02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Having Peter Pan running around making those weird faces isn't artistic.

CJSchneider
02-12-2010, 10:09 PM
That looked like some Canadian beer fairy.

Whistler6
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
The Int'l Olympic Hockey tournament is the sole compelling event of this year's Winter Olympics, and YET they are broadcasting the US-Canada game on....MSNBC.

Travesty.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
The overall presentation of the event has come together after the initial disappointment I had....not bad. Lots of good elements, although this isn't really my thing (and i've been forced to watch it)

Whistler6
02-12-2010, 10:16 PM

With the economic downturn I half expected a couple of acoustic guitar players to play a little number, so I was actually surprised at what they put on.

Chucky
02-12-2010, 10:17 PM
That poem was great. Highlight of the ceremonies so far.

brat316
02-12-2010, 10:18 PM
The Int'l Olympic Hockey tournament is the sole compelling event of this year's Winter Olympics, and YET they are broadcasting the US-Canada game on....MSNBC.

Travesty.

i disagree, the final game maybe more important. Also Snowboarding, and speed skating is much better.

The Unseen
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I love this song and this *** is ******* it up

Chucky
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I wish they had been able to get Leonard Cohen to do this, but I think KD Lang sang it very well.

iowatreat54
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well Canada, you had me up until that. This was an awesome opening ceremony, I absolutely loved it.

However, he absolutely butchered that song. Like, that was terrible. He absolutely butchered the chorus. Everyone should be upset about that. It was terrible.

Scotty D
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
When do the hockey games start?

The Unseen
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
They should have had Protest the Hero play to represent Canada. Get the world rockin to

bcNWXDfKMnM

The Great Jonathan Vilma
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow, this has dragged on....

Whistler6
02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
i disagree, the final game maybe more important. Also Snowboarding, and speed skating is much better.

Alright maybe, but MSNBC? I mean is it gonna follow Olberman's Worst Person in the World?

The reason I'm harping the hockey is because these players truly want to play and represent their countries. It should be bigger than it's been advertised so far.

And I'm frustrated that a bunch of sports radio shows are all about Lindsay Vonn being the big American story in this Olympics. Shaun White is one of the greatest athletes in the world...Maybe the X Games undercuts the Winter Olympics because, well it's better, but the Flying Tomatoe should be front and center.

Whistler6
02-12-2010, 10:49 PM

...Exactly...

iowatreat54
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Alright maybe, but MSNBC? I mean is it gonna follow Olberman's Worst Person in the World?

The reason I'm harping the hockey is because these players truly want to play and represent their countries. It should be bigger than it's been advertised so far.

And I'm frustrated that a bunch of sports radio shows are all about Lindsay Vonn being the big American story in this Olympics. Shaun White is one of the greatest athletes in the world...Maybe the X Games undercuts the Winter Olympics because, well it's better, but the Flying Tomatoe should be front and center.

It's not so much that she's a better athlete, it's A. that she's a good looking girl and B. she has a "serious" injury, so the media is going to play it up.

Obviously White is the bigger name/athlete, but they also played that up last winter Olympics. They need a bigger story, which is a top athlete expected to win gold, yet she has a serious injury so we don't know how she will do.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I only watched for a little bit, and didn't like what I saw at all. I'm tired of all the PC blowjobbing that goes on in this country, I'll leave it at that.

PalmerToCJ
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Not gonna lie I don't watch NHL at all but I always get pumped for Olympic hockey.

TACKLE
02-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I only watched for a little bit, and didn't like what I saw at all. I'm tired of all the PC blowjobbing that goes on in this country, I'll leave it at that.

I know what you're talking about.

iowatreat54
02-12-2010, 11:00 PM
How Canadien.

Everyone gets to participate.

Officially my favorite opening ceremony of my short life. Outside the singing of Hallelujah.

Chucky
02-12-2010, 11:01 PM
How Canadien.

Everyone gets to participate.

Officially my favorite opening ceremony of my short life. Outside the singing of Hallelujah.

I thought she sang it very very well.

I am very happy Rick Hansen got chosen. I wish Terry Fox's mother would have done it as well though.

iowatreat54
02-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I thought she sang it very very well.

I am very happy Rick Hansen got chosen. I wish Terry Fox's mother would have done it as well though.

The chorus was absolutely butchered.

The song is known for the chorus.

The rest of the song, yes, it was very good. However, the chorus was destroyed by whoever it was that sang it.

Chucky
02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
The chorus was absolutely butchered.

The song is known for the chorus.

The rest of the song, yes, it was very good. However, the chorus was destroyed by whoever it was that sang it.

It was KD Lang. I wish they had been able to get Leonard Cohen though

iowatreat54
02-12-2010, 11:07 PM
It was KD Lang. I wish they had been able to get Leonard Cohen though

I agree.

I'm just very upset at her handling of the chorus. Rather than singing the song, it appeared that she wanted to have more focus on her vocals and how she wanted to sing the song. It just seemed like she didn't think the song was bigger than she was.

02-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I know what you're talking about.

I suppose I can at least say this.

What the **** is up with saying everything in French first? It's the VANCOUVER Olympics. It's not the ******* Montreal Olympics. It's not the Quebec City Olympics. Why are they saying the French translation first? We may be a "bilingual nation" but English comes first once you escape Quebec. This reminds me of the WJHC last year in Ottawa, the announcements always came in French first. It's like, I didn't cross the river, so stop telling me **** in French first, you *****. I had to go over to the Ottawa U Library a little while ago, and on every single sign in that school, French was on the top. It's ridiculous.

For Americans who don't understand why this makes me so angry, think of if you were near the Mexican border, and all of the official signs were written in Spanish first. If all of the announcements at a sporting event came in Spanish first.

I happen to hold the opinion that I live in the greatest country in the world, and it has nothing to do with bilingualism. 90% of the people I know are pure anglophones unless they absolutely have to speak French for some reason. And I could get to Quebec in a half hour. I could understand repeating everything in French, but there's no way the French should come first. This country speaks English first.

dabears10
02-12-2010, 11:15 PM
I suppose I can at least say this.

What the **** is up with saying everything in French first? It's the VANCOUVER Olympics. It's not the ******* Montreal Olympics. It's not the Quebec City Olympics. Why are they saying the French translation first? We may be a "bilingual nation" but English comes first once you escape Quebec. This reminds me of the WJHC last year in Ottawa, the announcements always came in French first. It's like, I didn't cross the river, so stop telling me **** in French first, you *****. I had to go over to the Ottawa U Library a little while ago, and on every single sign in that school, French was on the top. It's ridiculous.

For Americans who don't understand why this makes me so angry, think of if you were near the Mexican border, and all of the official signs were written in Spanish first. If all of the announcements at a sporting event came in Spanish first.

I happen to hold the opinion that I live in the greatest country in the world, and it has nothing to do with bilingualism. 90% of the people I know are pure anglophones unless they absolutely have to speak French for some reason. And I could get to Quebec in a half hour. I could understand repeating everything in French, but there's no way the French should come first. This country speaks English first.

It's an IOC thing not a Canadian thing. If I remember correctly.

Anyway Rufus Wainwright should have sang hallelujah and not KD Lang.

bantx
02-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Drake should've rapped Hallelujah

Rosebud
02-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Wheelchair Curling...

02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Drake should've rapped Hallelujah

That would have made up for every gripe I had. He actually should have rapped the whole thing, then I wouldn't have had to listen to any French.

It's an IOC thing not a Canadian thing. If I remember correctly.

Really? IDK. Doesn't make sense either way, and it's something Canada makes a big habit of doing whenever it's on the international stage.

dabears10
02-12-2010, 11:25 PM
That would have made up for every gripe I had. He actually should have rapped the whole thing, then I wouldn't have had to listen to any French.

Really? IDK. Doesn't make sense either way, and it's something Canada makes a big habit of doing whenever it's on the international stage.

French and English are the official languages of the Olympic Movement. The other language used at each Olympic Games is the language of the host country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Games

02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Games

The article says it has to be in French and English, but nothing about the order it's in. The order is what pissed me off. Officially, Canada is a bilingual country so I was expecting them to repeat everything in French. There was absolutely no reason to say everything in French first, except that it would piss of those precious Quebecois who are oh so important to our elected officials :rolleyes:.

Mr.Regular
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Outside of the Indian chiefs not showing up on time, the Olympic cauldron breaking, and the embarrassing unprofessional parade of Wayne Gretzky through the city, the ceremonies were great. Too bad those things were all pretty brutal... I cringed as a Canadian watching the stupid cauldron get stuck in the floor.

TACKLE
02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
The article says it has to be in French and English, but nothing about the order it's in. The order is what pissed me off. Officially, Canada is a bilingual country so I was expecting them to repeat everything in French. There was absolutely no reason to say everything in French first, except that it would piss of those precious Quebecois who are oh so important to our elected officials :rolleyes:.

I think its just the whole culture of embracing everyone elses' culture before we embrace our own. Canadians pride themselves in keeping an open-mind and being accepting of others but it has almost gone a little too far. Canadians often look down on Americans for not being knowledgeable of other places and criticize them for being somewhat self absorbed (for you Americans, not saying I feel this way but there is many who do). But one thing I always respected about the states is that they know their history and appreciate and embrace their own culture. I feel that this attitude has been discouraged in Canada as we are always trying to please and impress everyone else in an attempt to be PC. Language is just one example of this.

Chucky
02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I think its just the whole culture of embracing everyone elses' culture before we embrace our own. Canadians pride themselves in keeping an open-mind and being accepting of others but it has almost gone a little too far. Canadians often look down on Americans for not being knowledgeable of other places and criticize them for being somewhat self absorbed (for you Americans, not saying I feel this way but there is many who do). But one thing I always respected about the states is that they know their history and appreciate and embrace their own culture. I feel that this attitude has been discouraged in Canada as we are always trying to please and impress everyone else in an attempt to be PC. Language is just one example of this.

Except the aboriginals history and culture IS our culture. Whether you want to believe it or not. And to be honest I am very happy that we at least attempted to honour them however distateful or even non-genuine it seemed because not enough is done for the them

Wootylicous
02-13-2010, 01:00 AM
God I feel no appartenance to this country.

hobbes2053
02-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Agreed.

I'm rooting hard for the guy from Ghana.

I always pull for Ghana in the World Cup, so the Olympics won't be any different. They're my favorite dark horse.

Tonight's ceremonies also reminded me of how fine Nelly Furtado is.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/toyablogger36/nelly-furtado.jpg

dabears10
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
America! **** Yeah!

hobbes2053
02-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't know why, but Al Michaels reminds me of a pirate.

Brent
02-13-2010, 04:22 PM
those ceremonies last night were hilariously awful.

TitleTown088
02-13-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.markdroberts.com/images/join-bode-poster-3.jpg

wicket
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
First dutch gold medal in the pocket

sweetness34
02-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Can't wait for Short Track tonight. Such a sick event. I think Ohno gets beat tonight but still medals.

02-13-2010, 06:21 PM

I agree with this completely, but unfortunately I think any further discussion on this would wade into political territory, so from now on we just need to steer clear.

TimD
02-13-2010, 07:20 PM
come on apolo!

that was sickkk.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Haha the greedy ass Koreans took each other out on the last turn. They would have swept instead they gave Americans silver and Bronze.

TitleTown088
02-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Haha the greedy ass Koreans took each other out on the last turn. They would have swept instead they gave Americans silver and Bronze.

Yeah that was pretty funny.

What a clutch mogul run by the American girl to snag gold from the Canadian.

U.S. and A out to a early lead on the medal count.

superman8456
02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
The Canadians are ******** the bed.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Jen :( ...........

yo123
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
The Biathlon is so ******* awesome.

iowatreat54
02-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Posted this in the funny pic thread, but it deserves to be here too.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4431/eptsportsolyexperts8344.jpg

Also, Biathlon is probably my 2nd favorite winter games sport behind curling.

KCJ58
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
i was watching hockey yesterday and it was cool for a minute until i found out i was watching women's hockey, so far that has been the highlight of the winter Olympics cant wait till the snowboarding & Hockey events come up

Job
02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
God I feel no appartenance to this country.

We should flee to Europe together.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Luge looks like a suicide mission.

02-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Luge looks like a suicide mission.

Luge is bad, Skeleton is much, much worse. It's luge, head first.

yo123
02-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Hehe, the announcer just said that luger had a third leg coming up.

critesy
02-14-2010, 03:58 PM
lmfao, canada is so embarassing. of course the zamboni breaks.

djp
02-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Anyone have a list of American Olympic men's hockey broadcast schedule? Printable preferably?

B-Dawk
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
2/16: 3:00 pm
2/18: 3:00 pm
2/21: 7:40 pm

djp
02-14-2010, 04:39 PM
2/16: 3:00 pm
2/18: 3:00 pm
2/21: 7:40 pm

Sorry, should have clarified. American broadcast schedule for all the games, not just USA's games. Also, is that eastern, central, pacific?

B-Dawk
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/hockey/resultsandschedules/index.html

Wootylicous
02-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Frenchies are raping this thing !

:D

critesy
02-14-2010, 08:20 PM
canada got a gold!!

Wootylicous
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Without Quebec

Canada = ****

!!!

BILODEAU!!!!!!!!!!!

TACKLE
02-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Gold Medal Bitches!!!

TitleTown088
02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Gosh the Moguls are freaking sweet to Watch. I wish I could ski like that.

JF4
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Without Quebec

Canada = ****

!!!

BILODEAU!!!!!!!!!!!

Without Quebec

Canada = much less greasy.

BuckNaked
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok i'm a little late on this but biathlon is the coolest ******* thing...ever.

Job
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Curling is better.

fischbowl
02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
The Chinese with a record setting performance in the figure skating pairs short program. Most flawless skating mine eyes has seen

sweetness34
02-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Curling is better.

Germany vs USA on Tuesday. Can't wait. Curling is the shizzz.

fischbowl
02-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Germany vs USA on Tuesday. Can't wait. Curling is the shizzz.

The German team is garbage

Todd Bertuzzi
02-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Bilodeau!!! Such a great story.

Scotty D
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
The Canadian womens hockey team is making some sweet plays, just turned on their game for the third period.

Verloren
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
The Canadian womens hockey team is making some sweet plays, just turned on their game for the third period.

Missed the hockey, but watching the women's luge. Really bad start placement.

iowatreat54
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
And Bode gets a bronze for sucking the least!

I was amazed that the Canadien guy stayed up after going straight through one of the flags. But alas, he face planted a minute later.

dabears10
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
The USA men's curling team is struggling with this German team. Some great shot and very poor shots for both teams. 4-3 Germany currently.

Verloren
02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Back to watching curling...Women's pursuit was intense.

dabears10
02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
USA curling is gonna lose to the Germans. Down 2 going into the 10th End.

Bills2083
02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Why is curling so addicting to watch?

iowatreat54
02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Booo Germany Boooo!!!

In my extremely small knowledge of curling, it appears that Germany came up with some huge shots late and the US made more mistakes.

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
It's Miller Time!

U-S-A

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Why is curling so addicting to watch?

Because it is impossible to understand.

fischbowl
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
The USA men's curling team is struggling with this German team. Some great shot and very poor shots for both teams. 4-3 Germany currently.

Germans got very lucky on some awful shots

roughrider30
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
It's Miller Time!

U-S-A

I'm in class. Does anyone have a link or gamecast for the hockey game? I haven't been able to find any

ThePudge
02-16-2010, 02:18 PM
This game has been ****** awesome in the first ten.

djp
02-16-2010, 02:23 PM
This game has been ****** awesome in the first ten.

I actually think it's been pretty sloppy. We clearly skate circles around this Swiss team but they are checking very well so far. That Parise/Kane/Stastny shift was awesome.

Erik Johnson is a rock out there so far.. I really like the way he's playing.

iowatreat54
02-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Because it is impossible to understand.

Wait, it isn't 2 teams throwing rocks at the other team's rocks trying to make them explode?

djp
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Drury playing 2nd line is poor. I don't see any reason not to be playing Brown-Kesler-Backes as a line.

djp
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Callahan fail :(

djp
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, Bobby Ryan <3

So sick. Pulls the puck from the Swiss guy from his knees and then snipes one off a bounce.

iowatreat54
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, great shot. Good to get one right before the end of the period.

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Bobby! We need shooting like that from one of our few snipers.

02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow, that is a young ass team USA. The world will REALLY need to watch out for them in 2014, especially since Canada's team building philosophy always involves shunning awesome young players in favour of washed up ones and watching as we lose a key game 2-1 because we can't score.

Job
02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
After the first period, let's just say the Americans haven't been too impressive.

djp
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
David f'ing Backes coast to coast!!!!!!!!

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I love Backes. Sooo much.
The Blues are the second coolest American heavy team in the league.

Malone!

djp
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Ryan Malone makes it 3-0. Grindinggggggggggg. This is the best I have seen Erik Johnson play since he was at Minnesota. He's been the best player on the ice.

djp
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Looks like we know why the Wild gave up Sprunger's rights even at 6-4 200 lbs with decent skating.

Canadian_kid16
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Swiss are making a game of it!

djp
02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
USA has gotten really sloppy in the 3rd. The Swiss might not bury some of the chances America has given up, but the Canada's, Russia's, and Sweden's of the world certainly will.

Verloren
02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
USA has gotten really sloppy in the 3rd. The Swiss might not bury some of the chances America has given up, but the Canada's, Russia's, and Sweden's of the world certainly will.

Chemistry definitely played a major part in some of those break downs, and I'm expecting Canada to make similar mistakes for the first few games as well, eg breakout passes going to the wrong areas etc

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't know how, but I've almost watched an entire curling match.

dabears10
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't know how, but I've almost watched an entire curling match.

Probably because curling i awesome. Japan-US has been tight the whole game. It is all strategy and execution. GOT TO LOVE IT!

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Come on, Vikingstad!

Bosanac01
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Probably because curling i awesome. Japan-US has been tight the whole game. It is all strategy and execution. GOT TO LOVE IT!

Ski Jump > All

KCJ58
02-16-2010, 06:49 PM
womens curling & hockey are very boring to watch

Bosanac01
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
womens anything sucks. Unless it's swedish women.

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
womens curling & hockey are very boring to watch

Men's curling is not at all different (I was watching US v Germany earlier), but it's all decently interesting. Women's hockey, on the other hand, is ridiculous.

Scotty D
02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Canada 0-0 with Norway after the first period. Game on CNBC, anybody watching?

Job
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Men's curling is not at all different (I was watching US v Germany earlier), but it's all decently interesting. Women's hockey, on the other hand, is ridiculous.

Whenever Canada, Sweden and USA is playing against eachother, Women's Hockey is somewhat interesting to watch. But when one of those three teams faces any other country, it is terrible.

Bosanac01
02-16-2010, 07:23 PM

LOL who's watching hockey right now?

Figure skating is on!!

Verloren

Just like the World Series. One mistake can have a lot of effects.

Job
How the hell does Canada not score against Norway?

djp
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
How the hell does Canada not score against Norway?

not enough talent imo

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 07:26 PM

I've been watching. Kudos to Norway, they're sticking on Canada and not giving them great chances. But they need to start getting clean shots off.

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Me thinks it's about to get quite ugly. 2-0 now.

Bosanac01
02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Me thinks it's about to get quite ugly. 2-0 now.

It was bound to happen. Canada has to win it all.

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
As long as Canada or the US wins gold, I'll be happy. Seeing Canada win gold on home ice would be unbelievable.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
women's curling>men's curling

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
As long as Canada or the US wins gold, I'll be happy. Seeing Canada win gold on home ice would be unbelievable.

After SLC, **** Canada winning on home ice.

critesy
02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
that 6th goal was a thing oh beauty good lord.

djp
02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Anything less than 7-0 or 8-0 would be a disappointment.. Norway is awful.

A Perfect Score
02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Nash-Crosby-Iginla is going to be deadly all tournament long. Nash is a beast.

CJSchneider
02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
OK, so is anyone watching the Japanese kid who is figure skating? They just announced he was the 17th descendant of Japanese warlords.

Your ancestors were conqueror and pillagers, you figure skate. You really are living up to your family's hopes and dreams, aren't you.

Job
02-16-2010, 09:13 PM
OK, so is anyone watching the Japanese kid who is figure skating? They just announced he was the 17th descendant of Japanese warlords.

Your ancestors were conqueror and pillagers, you figure skate. You really are living up to your family's hopes and dreams, aren't you.

Why not? They're both a way to get gold.

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM

Apparently the word "warlord" means different things to different people. I bet his family has already disowned his sparkly, twirling ass.

02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys, it's Japan. In Japan, tentacle rape is a noble pursuit. They sell used panties out of vending machines.

critesy
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
patrick channn, championship.

edit, i jynxed his awesomeness, good lord.

02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Johnny Weir: Gayest dude I have ever seen.

critesy
02-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Johnny Weir: Gayest dude I have ever seen.

he is legit giving jeffree star a run for his money.

Scotty D
02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Russia plays at midnight. Hope Ovechkin and Dats are on a line together.

Scotty D
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Sergei Federov with a beautiful pass! 1-0 Russia lulz

Job
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
See this, Canada and USA? This is how to start a game against a ****** team.

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 11:20 PM
See this, Canada and USA? This is how to start a game against a ****** team.

Parise - Stastny - Kane probably would've had an early goal against either Norway or Latvia. Though Norway did well for themselves in the first.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Norway was a lot more aggressive than Latvia, that being said Russia does look very good and you can tell they're a lot more comfortable together than the Canadians.

ThePudge
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I watched five minutes of Finland-China women's ice hockey before this Russia game. I don't mean to be sexist... but where men lack the superior abilities to clean & tidy up around the house, they sure can play hockey much better than women. I felt like I was watching "Mites on Ice" at Intermission of a Mens Game.

A Perfect Score
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Watch the Canadian women play and say that...those women are craaaazy

Job
02-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Thoughts about today's hockey.

USA as a sweet line in Parise-Stastny-Kane, but it seems like they might need a lot of Ryan Miller miracles to have a sniff at the medals this year. They're just lacking skill overall. Though they do have Erik Johnson who could win the Gold by himself. Chris Drury sucks and should be nowhere near an Olympic team.

Canadians are big, fast and soft-handed, but for the most part aren't too quick and this could bite them in the ass on the North American rinks, which require more agility and quickness than top-end speed. Chris Pronger is a man among boys. I haven't watched a lot of the game because it bored the **** out of me, but from what I've seen I wasn't too impressed. They have talent but will need to find better chemistry as Norway was easily the worst team out of the six that played today.

Russians are an absolute terror whenever they are in the offensive zone and control the puck like no other team. Defensively, they are pretty good one on one but they have a bit of trouble getting the puck out of the zone sometimes due to sloppy breakouts, which could give them a very hard time against the top teams of the tournament. That Korneev guy is quite good. Here's hoping the Habs wake up and try to sign him if he's open to it.

703SKINS202
02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Russia on fiya.

Edit: Doh

SuperMcGee
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Chris Drury sucks and should be nowhere near an Olympic team.

Hmmm, any thoughts on who should be there in his place?

Job
02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Not at all... :rolleyes:

Verloren
02-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Hmmm, any thoughts on who should be there in his place?
Would've like Connolly or Oshie there.

Sniper
02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Nash-Crosby-Iginla.

/tournament.

Sniper
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
David Backes' goal was fantastic. Also, Bobby Ryan can snipe a little bit.

Ryan Miller remains awesome.

Job
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM

I like you.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Swedennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/modlang/carasi/workshops/ramapo/images/s/Sweden.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slides/photos/000/133/497/RackMultipart.27841.0_display_image.jpg

http://media.canada.com/fae0b6fd-d281-4d23-840e-569bef1c674c/gustavsson7.jpg

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/teamphoto2.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/02/27/sports/hockey_span.jpg

http://euro2008girls.com/pics/swedish_football_girls-500x376.jpg

Job
02-17-2010, 12:32 PM
<3<3<3<3<3<3

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Forgot to give guys some love

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_26898_2.jpg

http://hockey.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/1.1306100!slot100slotWide75ArticleFull/3447786819.jpg

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/mm/photo/sports/ctvo/85/50/8550_m15.jpg

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/backstrom.jpg

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/team-sweden-2006-hockey-autographed-photo-16x20-nicklas-lidstrom-henrik-zetterberg-mikael-samuelson-tomas-holstrom-nicklaus-kronwall-red-wings_42155b7aefd6fda2183e4cd26770aeb9.jpg

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_11559_2.jpg

http://media.mlive.com/redwings_impact/photo/johan-franzen-red-wings-3870be506057efdc_large.jpg

Job
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
<3<3<3<3<3 again.

SuperMcGee
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM

I agree that Connolly is the talented center this team could use, and would be a much better option than Drury.

Oshie... not as much. I love the guy, but I don't know. I prefer Kyle Okposo in general, but Oshie might've been good for the role.

Decent amount of talent left off this team. Connolly, Okposo, Gionta, Gomez, Oshie, Pominville, Howard, Anderson, Wisniewski for starters. Not that great, but I'd put our B team against anyone but Canada's.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Page full of win ?

I think so !

Scotty D
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060226/060226_celebrate_hmed_7a.standard.jpg

Woot's getting some rep when I can give it again

Bosanac01
02-17-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_12789_2.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/TheKidsGraphics/oduya.gif

Enstrom and Oduya

<3

Addict
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
as a fan of speedskating, I have to say that what happened at the mens 500 metres was a gross show of incompetence by the organization.

I don't care how often they tell me it was bad luck, that just shouldn't happen.

Job
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
What happened?

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Zambonis ?

Sniper
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
After SLC, **** Canada winning on home ice.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/mm/photo/winterolympics/ctvo/39/70/3970_m15.jpg

USA better win now because it will be their last chance to win before P.K Subban laces 'em up for Canada.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree that Connolly is the talented center this team could use, and would be a much better option than Drury.

Oshie... not as much. I love the guy, but I don't know. I prefer Kyle Okposo in general, but Oshie might've been good for the role.

Decent amount of talent left off this team. Connolly, Okposo, Gionta, Gomez, Oshie, Pominville, Howard, Anderson, Wisniewski for starters. Not that great, but I'd put our B team against anyone but Canada's.
The reason why I chose Connolly and Oshie because they are natural centers and could have possibly taken over for Drury. Gomez could've been a replacement too, but Drury imparts a lot more international experience, and is willing to play a reduced role.

Adding Wisniewski would have brought back memories of the 2004 WJC USA team.

Addict
02-17-2010, 01:15 PM
What happened?

Zambonis ?

first they throw the programming up in the air because the americans give a damn as long as the skating doesn't take more than 40 seconds a race to complete (meaning that speed-skate crazy europe had to stay up until 1 AM to catch it), but they fail to keep the Zamboni's running, delaying everything for hours upon hours as they failed miserably in adequately replacing the malfunctioning material.

Now Zamboni's don't break down, but you're organizing the damn Olympic Winter Games. There's no f***ing excuse. Also I missed it because it took too damn long and it was too late. Honestly I know Canada doesn't really care about speed skating, but some countries do and this was just one big F U to the fans.

Also: the opening blew chunks. I sat through that depressing crap just to see the Great One light some misformed olympic flame. What the hell was that all about?

Sniper
02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Adding Wisniewski would have brought back memories of the 2004 WJC USA team.

Must...resist...urge...to...kill....

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Don't ask me Addict I'm not canadian !

Job
02-17-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm desperately wanting to give you some rep.

Addict
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM

I wasn't really asking. I mean just look at this

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID35815/images/resized_Wayne_Gretzky.jpg

it looks like ****.

Job
02-17-2010, 01:24 PM
What's wrong with flaming dicks?

PalmerToCJ
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I keep watching Curling and I'm finally starting to understand it. Some of the chicks are hot too, it's very unexpected.

Job
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I keep watching Curling and I'm finally starting to understand it. Some of the chicks are hot too, it's very unexpected.

The japanese team is pretty.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Uh oh...nasty spill in downhill for Gisin.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 01:40 PM
And another spill... Tough course.

Job
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Finland's game starting soon.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 01:56 PM
How surprising Vonn is first...

[/sarcasm]

Verloren
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Jeez...Someone tipped over at the start gate.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Ouch...Paerson.

Job
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Ouch...Paerson.

She was skyrocketed. Lucky she's still able to stand on her feet.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 02:10 PM
She was skyrocketed. Lucky she's still able to stand on her feet.

That last jump is an absolute killer.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Saku Koivuuuu!

Verloren
02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
When did Koivu start growing a mustache?

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't see Sergei K. :o

Todd Bertuzzi
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Forgot to give guys some love

You disappoint me Woot.

http://fiveblondes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/AllStarDanielAlfredssonImage2.JPG

http://media.canada.com/fae0b6fd-d281-4d23-840e-569bef1c674c/karlsson.JPG

sweetness34
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Curling is the ****. It's basically bocce ball on ice. It's addicting as hell to watch and I have no idea why.

yo123
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Who are the hockey teams who have a good chance of medaling besides Canada, USA, Russia, and Sweden?

djp
02-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Who are the hockey teams who have a good chance of medaling besides Canada, USA, Russia, and Sweden?

Finland. Czech Republic. Slovakia if they somehow survive with no Gaborik for the first 2 games.

Finland got silver in '06. They have Mikko Koivu. Aka God himself.

El Peefs?????
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I kept wondering why Vonn was getting so much media attention and her injury kept getting updated on etc etc. Then I saw her pictures and it all made sense.

yo123
02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Finland. Czech Republic. Slovakia if they somehow survive with no Gaborik for the first 2 games.

Anti Miettinen too right?

Belarus is somehow only down 2-1 to Finland right now despite being outshot 24-4.

djp
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Anti Miettinen too right?

Belarus is somehow only down 2-1 to Finland right now despite being outshot 24-4.

Mittens is not good. But yeah. Backstrom is also Finnish.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Hagman on fire !

djp
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Filthy goal by Niklas Hagman.

SuperMcGee
02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Mittens is not good. But yeah. Backstrom is also Finnish.

All about Mikko and Kimmo.

Slovakia has the toughest first two games of any of the big 7. Although everyone still has a shot after the prelims.

Even without Gabby, I'm expecting good things in the Battle of Czechoslovakia tonight.

You disappoint me Woot.

The Sweden love needs to feature Hammerin Hank, the anchor of that team ;)

djp
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
4-1 Finland. 3rd assist for Lord Mikko.

Wootylicous
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Isn't Hossa injured or something ?

Verloren
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM

Selanne, Timonen, Koivus, Ruutu. Lots of solid talent, but Finland is always considered as an underdog for some reason.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Curling is the ****. It's basically bocce ball on ice. It's addicting as hell to watch and I have no idea why.
Part of the reason why people like it so much is that one mistake can have a lot of consequences. Not a game where everything takes place in a matter of seconds, but something slow where you can understand what went wrong.

CAN is thrashing SWE in women's hockey...badly.

fischbowl
02-17-2010, 06:33 PM

More like chess on ice. The strategy involved is ridiculous

A Perfect Score
Is it bad that I want to do dirty things to Lindsey Vonn? All I could think about today when she was winning the gold was this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/winter/lindsey-vonn/10_lindsey-vonn_1.html

I highly recommend clicking the link.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e/img/4.0/global/pixels/blank_pixel.gif

Verloren
Can 13 - 1 Swe

fischbowl
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Anybody find Jacobellis to be hot? Cause I do in what I think is a weird way

yo123
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
More like chess on ice. The strategy involved is ridiculous

Like what? I believe you I just honestly don't know what I'm watching .

Scotty D
02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Damn, one of the Canadian woman just laid a Swedish player out on purpose

fischbowl
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Like what? I believe you I just honestly don't know what I'm watching .

In between every shot you see often the skip and the vice at the opposite end of the ice strategizing as to where the shot would ideally end up. They must judge how the ice to see how the stone curls and then release the stone with the appropriate handle to curl that way. Judging the weight of the throw is the most important, could make or break a shot.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Lol @ McGuire

"Good cycling between the Forsberg brothers..."

dabears10
02-17-2010, 06:50 PM
In between every shot you see often the skip and the vice at the opposite end of the ice strategizing as to where the shot would ideally end up. They must judge how the ice to see how the stone curls and then release the stone with the appropriate handle to curl that way. Judging the weight of the throw is the most important, could make or break a shot.

Schuster has really messed up the amount of weight so far in this olympics.

dabears10
02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Second time that schuster had a chance to win the game with a shot for the button and missed.

SuperMcGee
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Selanne, Timonen, Koivus, Ruutu. Lots of solid talent, but Finland is always considered as an underdog for some reason.

An underdog to the likes of Sweden and Canada is understandable.

They're worse on paper than the US and Czechs (though that may depend on your feelings on Vokoun), but not by much.

For the record, the Michaleks are my favorite brothers in this thing. Even more than the Redlihs.

Verloren
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I want to see 4 Swedes in the penalty box.

SuperMcGee
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Sweden looks like they're just not expecting Germany to forecheck.

Germany has played pretty well. No scoring, but pretty close game and they've had some chances. Could arguably be even closer considering the interference on Sweden's first goal.

Germany's 3 NHL forwards make up a surprisingly effective top line. Hecht looked good out there. Greiss was as good as you could hope for.

Sweden needs to put it together more than any other team, thus far.

Jughead10
02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Sweden needs to put it together more than any other team, thus far.

As long as King Henrik is in goal, all is good.

Scotty D
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
As long as King Henrik is in goal, all is good.

They put Zetterberg in goal? :D

El Peefs?????
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
They put Zetterberg in goal? :D

How else do you think they could manage a shut out ?

Bills2083
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Shaun White is unreal

Giantsfan1080
02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Anybody find Jacobellis to be hot? Cause I do in what I think is a weird way

OMG Yes!!! I don't know why but I keep coming back to thinking about her. Something about her.

iowatreat54
02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure Shaun White isn't human.

He hit his last trick with average speed that most snowboarders don't hit at top speed.

Bills2083
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
fisch, I find myself thinking she's pretty hot too.
I have no idea what it is about her, though.

http://www.brianwebster.tv/Lindsey%20Jacobellis.jpg

Bosanac01
02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
her hair looks like a mop, i like it.

A Perfect Score
02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Shaun White must of been grown in a lab. Well, ok, maybe not, cause if he was he wouldn't look like Carrot Top's illegitimate child, but still...That 1280 double McTwist was so sick.

Job
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Slovakia/Czech Republic is a pretty good game.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Slovakia/Czech Republic is a pretty good game.

Still can't let Jagr get loose like that.

I'm enjoying this.

Sniper
02-18-2010, 06:34 AM
So, Canada vs. Switzerland today. Sure would be peachy if, you know, we won this one instead of getting blanked.

hobbes2053
02-18-2010, 06:40 AM
I meant to get on here after White struck gold last night, but I had tons of **** to do and didn't get to it. The man is unfuckingreal and could probably fly if given enough time to practice. The air he got after he dropped in on his first run was just massive. Viva Tomato.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
So, Canada vs. Switzerland today. Sure would be peachy if, you know, we won this one instead of getting blanked.

The shot disparity was ridiculous in that game. 2006 was far too bizarre.

Canada, Russia, and Sweden were shuout a combined 8 times, though Sweden still managed gold. Antero Niittymaki dominated most of the tournament.
USA put together the worst team seen in the Big 7 in quite some time. Just hideous.

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I like to pretend 2006 never happened. Things just did not fall right for Canada that year.

That said, we got Marty in net tonight. Im excited to see who will end up starting against the States.