PDA

View Full Version : Ciron Black-Can he play LT in the NFL?

Texas Homer
02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Can Ciron Black play/start at LT in the NFL or does he project as a RT?

My guess would be LT, but in y'all's opinion is Black good enough to start for a team at LT?

What round is Black expected to be drafted in?

cajuncorey
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
i hear he has terrible footwork and alot of scouts are even saying hes gonna have to kick inside and play guard his feet are that bad lol. never the less a mauler in the run game

TACKLE
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
This is better suited in here.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33941&highlight=Offensive+Tackle

But to answer the question. No. I like Ciron but he just doesn't have the feet to play LT. He would get abused by speed rushers off the edge. With that being said I think he can possibly be a solid RT and could be a very good guard.

Texas Homer
02-12-2010, 10:46 PM
WOW-Thanks for replies!

I think he could make pretty good OG as well.

batsandgats
02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
like the above posters, either a rt or guard. I think he would best fit at RT. Don't think he would be able to play LT at the next level, dont think he could handle smaller speed rushers. Id say he goes in the early 2nd round, or late 1st. I think he is going to be a pretty good RT in the NFL.

FrankGore
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Poor man's Leonard Davis. I think he'll be a really nice guard.

ALP1987
02-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Hes big and strong but again the footwork is a major issue. I could see a team taking him and moving him to guard or letting him play RT early on and maybe a few years down the road switching him to LT after they have coached him up.

gpngc
02-13-2010, 04:03 PM
I think he'd make a fine a LT personally. He'll struggle with speed rushers like he did in the SEC but what 320+ tackles don't?

He's high-character, a team leader, durable, and tough.

Go_Eagles77
02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I think a team will try him out at tackle but will eventually move him inside, I think his best fit would be at LG.

FUNBUNCHER
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Reminds of Marcus McNeil when he came out of Auburn, folks said he was too lumbering a slow-footed to play LT at a high level in the pros too.
Right now, I don't know about C. Black, but I wouldn't put it past him to get time at either R/LT in the NFL.

Caddy
02-13-2010, 04:49 PM
I think he is going to be drafted to play guard. Hated what I saw from him at the Senior Bowl.

MikeTeel
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm guessing he had a bad year? I remember at this point last year he was considered a first round pick at LT.

Rosebud
02-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Reminds of Marcus McNeil when he came out of Auburn, folks said he was too lumbering a slow-footed to play LT at a high level in the pros too.
Right now, I don't know about C. Black, but I wouldn't put it past him to get time at either R/LT in the NFL.

Meh, the questions people had about McNeil were about his degenerative back condition more than his footwork since he was widely consider a quickfooted bear of a man. Black doesn't have the potentially career crippling injury but isn't anywhere even close to the same caliber of a prospect on the field or in workouts.

BigBanger
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm guessing he had a bad year? I remember at this point last year he was considered a first round pick at LT.
Yeah, people are stupid. The scary part is this question is still being asked, especially after getting destroyed all week during the Senior Bowl.

That fat ******* oger Herman Johnson got first round hype forever. Then some scouts watched him and called him a fat ******* oger, which put an end to that horse****.

yourfavestoner
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Heavy legged waist bender. He's a career backup in the pros at guard.