PDA

View Full Version : QB Draft Predictions!

GoRavens
02-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Where does everybody predict this years top prospects landing??
Which team will pull the trigger early?

Jimmy Clausen: First round, Rams
Sam Bradford: First round, Raiders
Colt McCoy: Second round, Redskins
Jevan Snead: Second round, Seahawks
Tim Tebow: Third round, Browns
Tony Pike: Third round, Bills
Dan LeFevour: Fourth round, Jacksonville
Zac Robinson: Fourth round, 49ers
John Skelton: Fifth round, Patriots
Rusty Smith: Fifth round, Vikings
Levi Brown: Sixth round, Broncos
Sean Canfield: Sixth round, Panthers
Bill Stull: Sixth round, Cardinals
Jonathan Crompton: Seventh round, Colts
Tim Hiller: UDFA,
Jarrett Brown: UDFA,
Max Hall: UDFA,
Mike Kafka: UDFA,
Daryll Clark, UDFA,
Ryan Perrilloux, UDFA,
Tim Tebow to Cleveland is his DESTINY

Texas Homer
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I like the Colt McCOY pick.

sup3rdup3r
02-13-2010, 08:45 PM
49ers will probably not ending up taking a QB in this draft. According to the beat writers, the 49ers are really high on Nate Davis' potential and have two other guys under contract, Smith + Hill, neither of whom are going to get cut.

FrankGore
02-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, a lot of people are sending Robinson/LeFevour/McCoy to the Niners in the middle rounds, but I don't see it happening. Nate Davis is as much of a talent as any of those guys, probably more - the only issue is getting him up to speed with our offense because of his learning disability. A lot of time and energy is going into that and it would hurt not only him, but the new prospect if we were to throw another young QB into the mix.

BeerBaron
02-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't rule out the Bears taking someone in the latest rounds (6 or 7) to compete with Bret Basenez for the 3rd QB spot. Cutler and Hanie are set as starter and backup, but a youngster who could be developed as maybe a future backup would be decent.

Unbiased
02-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Someone will draft Jarrett Brown. He's the perfect 3rd string rookie QB who can sit the bench and refine his tools, taken by a team with a 30+ year old starting QB.

Go_Eagles77
02-13-2010, 09:43 PM
The eagles will probably be in the market for a late rounder, I highly doubt they keep all 3 of their QBs.

RaiderNation
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Bradford in Oakland doesnt make any sense. He isnt the type of QB Al likes to draft and all signs point to Al giving JaMarcus another chance.

Bald_81
02-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Bradford in Oakland doesnt make any sense. He isnt the type of QB Al likes to draft and all signs point to Al giving JaMarcus another chance.

How Al Davis could be so blind as to totally disregard the widespread phenomenon that are the "Godkowski" sigs is beyond me.

frubulubu
02-14-2010, 12:41 AM
The eagles will probably be in the market for a late rounder, I highly doubt they keep all 3 of their QBs.

I agree with this, and had that in mind when reading the thread. I believe it will be a late rounder, that the team will take. Perhaps the pick that they receive from the Vick trade. Maybe they go for a wildcard qb?

OaklandRaider56
02-14-2010, 12:52 AM
The Seahawk's are smarter than that. Bradford to the Raiders doesn't make a lot of sense, not Al Davis' type of QB. I'm liking those 6th round QBs.

RaiderNation
02-14-2010, 01:05 AM
How Al Davis could be so blind as to totally disregard the widespread phenomenon that are the "Godkowski" sigs is beyond me.

Bruce Gradkowski> than you

To actually see a QB succeed on this team is why some raider fans have him in our sig. Our team isnt that bad, we just need a decent QB and when Gradkowski was in you could tell that.

FrankGore
02-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Gradkowski is a nice interim starter for the Raiders. Reminds me a lot of Jeff Garcia in terms of his leadership and moxy. If the Raiders had an offensive line and receiving corps and could keep Gradkowski upright, they would win a fair number of games.

GoRavens
02-14-2010, 08:30 AM
What exactly is Al Davis' ideal type of QB?
Sam Bradford would be a great pickup for Oakland IMO

frubulubu
02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Bruce Gradkowski> than you

To actually see a QB succeed on this team is why some raider fans have him in our sig. Our team isnt that bad, we just need a decent QB and when Gradkowski was in you could tell that.

The Eagles had some hellish seasons, right before they drafted McNabb. Koy Detmer got to start a few games before the season was over, and he was managable. Many clamored for Ricky Williams, and disliked the drafting of McNabb. You need a strong franchise qb, that will make average receivers productive. Raiders should trade down and get there man at qb. I do know there many massive holes to be filled, and qb is one of them.

Nalej
02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree- Jarrett Brown will be drafted

DiG
02-14-2010, 10:41 AM
ill echo the jarrett brown theme. hes a 4th rounder probably.

and im not a fan of colt mccoy to the skins. no offense to mccoy.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Where does everybody predict this years top prospects landing??
Which team will pull the trigger early?

Jimmy Clausen: First round, Rams
Sam Bradford: First round, Raiders
Colt McCoy: Second round, Redskins
Jevan Snead: Second round, Seahawks
Tim Tebow: Third round, Browns
Tony Pike: Third round, Bills
Dan LeFevour: Fourth round, Jacksonville
Zac Robinson: Fourth round, 49ers
John Skelton: Fifth round, Patriots
Rusty Smith: Fifth round, Vikings
Levi Brown: Sixth round, Broncos
Sean Canfield: Sixth round, Panthers
Bill Stull: Sixth round, Cardinals
Jonathan Crompton: Seventh round, Colts
Tim Hiller: UDFA,
Jarrett Brown: UDFA,
Max Hall: UDFA,
Mike Kafka: UDFA,
Daryll Clark, UDFA,
Ryan Perrilloux, UDFA,
Tim Tebow to Cleveland is his DESTINY

Good post. I just don't think Bradford would be a Raider type of pick.

descendency
02-14-2010, 11:03 AM
In order:
Jimmy Clausen: #1
Sam Bradford: #4
Dan LeFevour: Second Round
Tim Tebow: Second Round
Tony Pike: Second Round
Colt McCoy: Second Round
Jarrett Brown: Third Round (Probably Raiders)
Zac Robinson: Third Round
Bill Stull: Fourth round
Jevan Snead: Fourth Round
Max Hall: Fifth Round
John Skelton: Fifth Round
Jonathan Crompton: Fifth Round
Ryan Perrilloux: Fifth Round, Bengals
Levi Brown: Sixth round
Sean Canfield: Sixth round
Tim Hiller: Seventh Round
Rusty Smith: Seventh Round
Mike Kafka: UDFA
Daryll Clark: UDFA

Clausen is clearly the best pick at #1, Bradford won't fall past 4 as long as his shoulder is healed even though I think he's likely to bust.

Dan LeFevour will be hard to ignore because of his athleticism and very accurate arm, too bad he didn't play in a pro style system.

Tebow is Tebow.

McCoy would be farther down, but he has too many wins in college. I want to put him in the 5-6th round. Just no real upside to a long term (2-4 years) project with no arm strength.

Jarret Brown won't make it past the Raiders in the third. His cannon for an arm and good mobility will have Al Davis full erect.

Zac Robinson was the best QB at the Senior Bowl, save Jarrett Brown if you want to talk upside.

Bill Stull played very well in a pro-style offense. I think he gets an early look.

Jevan Snead is GOD F***ING AWFUL at reading defenses. He routinely throws into double and triple coverages. He will fall. He isn't that accurate or consistent either.

Jonathan Crompton has the tools to be a successful starter in the NFL. I think he goes faster than most predict.

Ryan Perrilloux is a walking arrest record waiting... the Bengals can't wait. Should be a potential top 3 rounds guy in their view.

The rest are projects of varying upside. (and ranked as such).

LizardState
02-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I can predict there will be a media darling QB emerge after the Combine like Sanchez was last yr. It will cause some team to fall in love with him on darft day & overdraft him by about 2-3 rds.

Who will it be? God help us if it's Tebow, but it might be. Could be Pike who will anointed as The Next Joe Flacco b/c they're both very tall, could be LeFevour, IDK.

Also predictable: a QB will drop out of the 1st rd. b/c of questions regarding his arm strength or his (in)ability to make all the throws, I think it's Clausen.

Shane P. Hallam
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I can predict there will be a media darling QB emerge after the Combine like Sanchez was last yr. It will cause some team to fall in love with him on darft day & overdraft him by about 2-3 rds.

Who will it be? God help us if it's Tebow, but it might be. Could be Pike who will anointed as The Next Joe Flacco b/c they're both very tall, could be LeFevour, IDK.

Also predictable: a QB will drop out of the 1st rd. b/c of questions regarding his arm strength or his (in)ability to make all the throws, I think it's Clausen.

It will be LeFevour ;)

princefielder28
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
It will be LeFevour ;)

It's only a matter of time...

tjsunstein
02-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Jimmy Clausen: Top 7
Sam Bradford: Top 10

Tony Pike: Third Round
Dan LeFevour: Third Round

Jarrett Brown: Fourth Round

Bill Stull: Fifth Round
Ryan Perrilloux: Fifth Round

Jonathan Crompton: Sixth Round

Levi Brown: UDFA

DJC
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Jimmy Clausen: First round, Redskins
- Shanahan brings in his QB
Sam Bradford: First round, Seahawks
- Carroll takes Bradford, lets him sit a year behind Hass
Tim Tebow: Second round, Bills
- Opposite of the bust QBs they've had lately, take a shot on needed leadership
Dan LeFevour: Second round, Rams
- Messy situation at QB even if Vick comes, athletic QB with potential
Colt McCoy: Third round, Browns
- Who knows how much confidence Holmgren has in Quinn, DA is gone
Tony Pike: Third round, Panthers
- Delhomme likely done, Moore's a FA next year and potential is questionable
Jevan Snead: Third round, Vikings
- Big armed QB can learn from Favre, get the ball downfield to Harvin, Rice
Jarrett Brown: Fourth round, Jaguars
- Garrard hasn't convinced Jags he's the one to lead them deep
John Skelton: Fifth round, Raiders
- Strong arm and potential could catch Davis' attention
Jonathan Crompton: Fifth round, Chiefs
- Pioli seems to like to take shots on QBs at some point during drafts
Zac Robinson: Sixth round, Cardinals
- With Warner gone they atleast need a new project, could possibly push Lienert eventually
Mike Kafka: Sixth round, Titans
- Athletic QB with potential could develop into nice backup with Collins winding down
Sean Canfield: Sixth round, Ravens
- Troy wants out, new backup needed
Levi Brown: Seventh round, Broncos
- Developmental QB to put on the PS
Ryan Perrilloux, Seventh round, Bengals
- Bengals are all about second chances, better potential than Jordan Palmer
Bill Stull: UDFA, Colts
Rusty Smith: UDFA, Jaguars
Tim Hiller: UDFA, Patriots
Max Hall: UDFA, Saints
Daryll Clark, UDFA, Dolphins

GoRavens
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
No way in hell does Ryan Perrilloux go in the 5th round.
PS.. Baltimore would much rather sign Rusty Smith as an UDFA, than waste a 6th round pick on Sean Canfield..

RUSTY SMITH > JEVAN SNEAD

OaklandRaider56
02-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Vince Young, JaMarcus Russell, Jarrett Brown. QBs with amazing althleticsm and a big arm.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
PS.. Baltimore would much rather sign Rusty Smith as an UDFA, than waste a 6th round pick on Sean Canfield..
Yes I'm sure you know exactly what Baltimore plans on doing in the 6th f'n round.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I think Zac Robinson is going to make some team very happy in the future.

DiG
02-15-2010, 09:48 AM
It will be LeFevour ;)

my guess is levi brown. possibly zac robinson.

Grizzlegom
02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Sam Bradford: First round, Seahawks
- Carroll takes Bradford, lets him sit a year behind Hass

i read that and, knowing that he's on the seahawks i thought, KICK MIKE HAAS MOVED TO QUARTERBACK!?!?!?!? and then i realized it said Hass and that you were referring to Hasselbeck and got disappointed hahaha

lwd8ball
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM

i signed up to the site as soon as i saw this post.
man you are so wrong

when was the last time al ever got a qb ,because he was known for his accuracy

if that was the case why did he elect to pick up aaron brooks instead of drew brees back in 06??

u want to know the prototypical Al Davis qb?

RYAN MALLET

this guy has Al Davis marked all around him.

i wouldnt be mad if he got him, i was one of the first ones on the mallet bandwagon, the kid has a rocket, only thing i dont like is his stone feet.

lwd8ball
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
In order:
Jimmy Clausen: #1
Sam Bradford: #4
Dan LeFevour: Second Round
Tony Pike: Second Round
Jarrett Brown: Third Round (Probably Raiders)
Bill Stull: Fourth round
Jonathan Crompton: Fifth Round
Ryan Perrilloux: Fifth Round, Bengals
Levi Brown: Sixth round

Clausen is clearly the best pick at #1, Bradford won't fall past 4 as long as his shoulder is healed even though I think he's likely to bust.

Dan LeFevour will be hard to ignore because of his athleticism and very accurate arm, too bad he didn't play in a pro style system.

Tebow is Tebow.

McCoy would be farther down, but he has too many wins in college. I want to put him in the 5-6th round. Just no real upside to a long term (2-4 years) project with no arm strength.

Jarret Brown won't make it past the Raiders in the third. His cannon for an arm and good mobility will have Al Davis full erect.

Zac Robinson was the best QB at the Senior Bowl, save Jarrett Brown if you want to talk upside.

Bill Stull played very well in a pro-style offense. I think he gets an early look.

Jevan Snead is GOD F***ING AWFUL at reading defenses. He routinely throws into double and triple coverages. He will fall. He isn't that accurate or consistent either.

Jonathan Crompton has the tools to be a successful starter in the NFL. I think he goes faster than most predict.

Ryan Perrilloux is a walking arrest record waiting... the Bengals can't wait. Should be a potential top 3 rounds guy in their view.

The rest are projects of varying upside. (and ranked as such).

I like ur list more than anyones here..
i do agree with the top latter of ur list
cant really comment on the bottom as i havent taken a deep look into these guys..

I do think Jonathan Crompton and Jevon snead wont even be drafted!
these guys suck! they had weapons and still didnt flourish

i do think McCoy will be drafted ahead of Lefevour , heres how i see it

Clausen
Bradford
McCoy
Tebow - Jags are going to get him count on it, they may even reach into round one.
then Pike or Lefevour

Perrilloux goes ahead of Crompton and Snead

GoRavens
02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
i signed up to the site as soon as i saw this post.
man you are so wrong

when was the last time al ever got a qb ,because he was known for his accuracy

if that was the case why did he elect to pick up aaron brooks instead of drew brees back in 06??

u want to know the prototypical Al Davis qb?

RYAN MALLET

this guy has Al Davis marked all around him.

i wouldnt be mad if he got him, i was one of the first ones on the mallet bandwagon, the kid has a rocket, only thing i dont like is his stone feet.

and maybe thats why Oakland doesn't win anymore... The old man needs to rethink his strategy and draft players based off skill and intelligence, not speed/size/potential.

Grizzlegom
02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
There is usually around 13 QBs taken in every draft although i think with the weakness at the top of this draft, more teams will be taking chances on late round fliers. Here are my early predictions:

Sam Bradford (top 10)
Jimmy Clausen (Mid First Round)
Colt McCoy (Second Round)
Tim Tebow (Second Round)
Dan LeFevour (Third Round)
Tony Pike (Third Round)
Jevan Snead (Third Round)
Jarrett Brown (Fourth Round)
John Skelton (Fourth Round)
Zac Robinson (Fifth Round)
Jonathan Crompton (Fifth Round)
Sean Canfield (Sixth Round)
Mike Kafka (Seventh Round)
Levi Brown (Seventh Round)
and my favorite super sleeper at QB: Brian Babin (Seventh Round)

GoRavens
02-15-2010, 03:27 PM
just saw the new rankings Scott put up on the site
and all I have to say is -____-
Rusty Smith > John Skelton
Skelton is not the 8th best QB in this class.. nooo way.
Rusty Smith needs to be in the top 10.
Don't call me crazy for saying Rusty has a good chance at being the best QB from this class when it's all said n done

umphrey
02-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Dan LeFevour: Second round, Rams
- Messy situation at QB even if Vick comes, athletic QB with potential
Tony Pike: Third round, Panthers
- Delhomme likely done, Moore's a FA next year and potential is questionable
Jevan Snead: Third round, Vikings
- Big armed QB can learn from Favre, get the ball downfield to Harvin, Rice

These make a lot of sense to me. LeFevour will go in the second, earlier than what the opinion seems to be.

49erNation85
02-15-2010, 04:10 PM

I have a good feeling that it will be Tebow as well . But I also heard that he isn't throwing , what the hell is that about . Does any one no ? Any who I like the top picks so far , all fairness Max Hall I think well be drafted not sure who it will be too . I have been following Tebow's . I hate that everyone is still mocking on his skills under center and he has only played one game and did pretty if you ask for first chance at the NFL system. IMO just give him a year or two in back up and he will do just fine , maybe no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but will be more then a above average QB in the NFL .

descendency
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I do think Jonathan Crompton and Jevon snead wont even be drafted!
these guys suck! they had weapons and still didnt flourish

Crompton and Snead will be drafted. Both have good builds, strong arms, and good programs. Both could be draft day steals if they develop. Both could be high first rounders if their game film wasn't so bad. That's the kind of measurable talent they have.

FUNBUNCHER
02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
BTW, how tall his Clausen?

There's a knucklehead reporter in D.C. who's popping off that Jimmy is going to measure in height closer to Drew Brees and isn't worth a 1st rounder(!!).

Anyone have an up close and personal with Clausen and have any idea what his height is?

descendency
02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
He said "6'2 and some change." Sounded like 6'2.5 Brees is 6'0 with high-heels on.

Babylon
02-15-2010, 05:47 PM
BTW, how tall his Clausen?

There's a knucklehead reporter in D.C. who's popping off that Jimmy is going to measure in height closer to Drew Brees and isn't worth a 1st rounder(!!).

Anyone have an up close and personal with Clausen and have any idea what his height is?

My guess is he'll come in at around 6-2 1/4 at the combine (same as Mark Sanchez).

lwd8ball
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
and maybe thats why Oakland doesn't win anymore... The old man needs to rethink his strategy and draft players based off skill and intelligence, not speed/size/potential.

the old man doesnt need to rethink anything
he needs to hire a gm, nd actually have scouts..

lwd8ball
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Crompton and Snead will be drafted. Both have good builds, strong arms, and good programs. Both could be draft day steals if they develop. Both could be high first rounders if their game film wasn't so bad. That's the kind of measurable talent they have.

so u calling these guys project qb's?

their decision making were god awful
i know teams would rather take a chance on developing talented players who put up big numbers on smaller competion

than these chumps

then again
theres always the kind of scouts that draft people like john david booty
with what a 3rd or 4rth?
wtf

GoRavens
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
All I gotta say is Rusty Smith = PRO BOWL

descendency
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM

i know teams would rather take a chance on developing talented players who put up big numbers on smaller competion

than these chumps

then again
with what a 3rd or 4rth?
wtf

I'm saying some team will see them as a project. A 6th round flier on a guy with physical tools to play QB in the NFL is not a bad risk. If the guy develops, then you get basically a second round or better value. If not, then you don't really lose anything.

Stranger
02-16-2010, 09:17 PM

than these chumps

then again
with what a 3rd or 4rth?
wtf

Booty was taken top of the 5th.