PDA

View Full Version : AK's 2/13 mock draft (1st round w/ comments):

akvikefan89
02-13-2010, 11:57 PM
I usually don't do two mock drafts within a week of each other in February... but the last one was my first version of the year, and there were some changes I wanted to make after doing a lot of research this week to get into the flow for the 2010 draft:

Click here to be amazed (http://draftdebacled.com/PublishedDraft.aspx?mdid=9513)

vikes_28
02-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Not a good Vikings pick. I don't know why so many people think that we need a corner. Griffin may be injured but he will be back in time for the start of the season. Until then, Sapp and Allen should do a decent job of filling in.

akvikefan89
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Not a good Vikings pick. I don't know why so many people think that we need a corner. Griffin may be injured but he will be back in time for the start of the season. Until then, Sapp and Allen should do a decent job of filling in.

Sapp is able to barely hang on as a temp #2 CB. Barely.

Asher Allen is not capable of playing more than nickle CB right now.

Winfield's had injury issues the last few seasons, will be 33 years old.

There's a big question mark of when Griffin will be back to 100%.

CB is DEFINITELY an area of need.

RaiderNation
02-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Very good raiders pick

vikes_28
02-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Sapp is able to barely hang on as a temp #2 CB. Barely.

Asher Allen is not capable of playing more than nickle CB right now.

Winfield's had injury issues the last few seasons, will be 33 years old.

There's a big question mark of when Griffin will be back to 100%.

CB is DEFINITELY an area of need.

it's an area of need, but not in the first round. Especially on a reach like him. I'd say 3 or 4th round we draft a CB, but no way in the first. Sapp/ Allen should be just fine. Winfield will be back 100%, and Cedric Griffin will probably play nickel for the 1st half of the season. I would be just fine without a corner in the first. And watch the link that you post. I know that's ok on other forums but I don't think it is here.

Pat Sims 90
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Histroy Repeats itself and the Bengals will not go TE in 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed

akvikefan89
02-14-2010, 01:26 AM
it's an area of need, but not in the first round. Especially on a reach like him. I'd say 3 or 4th round we draft a CB, but no way in the first. Sapp/ Allen should be just fine. Winfield will be back 100%, and Cedric Griffin will probably play nickel for the 1st half of the season. I would be just fine without a corner in the first. And watch the link that you post. I know that's ok on other forums but I don't think it is here.

Why would the Vikings add another 3rd/4th round talent CB? We already have nickle and dime guys. The issue is that our best CB is trying to come back from a torn ligament, our veteran CB will be 33 years old and injury-prone, and behind them are those nickle and dime CB's I just mentioned. How any Vikings fan who watched the games this year could be against a CB in round 1 is beyond me.

I talk with a ton of other diehard Vikings fans and not a single one is against CB in round 1.

On the link, the same site was used in this thread, and replies were made by moderator/s, etc. that didn't indicate anything wrong with linking to that mock draft generator:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38566

akvikefan89
02-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Histroy Repeats itself and the Bengals will not go TE in 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed

I can see them going WR. Just curious, though, why not add a TE like Gresham? Do Bengals fans not like him, or is it just a belief that the staff won't do it...?

thebow305
02-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Great Phins pick!

vidae
02-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Great KC pick.

Stranger
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
I can see them going WR. Just curious, though, why not add a TE like Gresham? Do Bengals fans not like him, or is it just a belief that the staff won't do it...?

Pretty much that they drafted a receiving tight end last year (Coffman) and the staff don't have a history of TE early.

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if they went Gresham though, it was painfully obvious late in the season they needed a second consistent receiving threat. I know that the Bengals need more of a vertical threat but I think Gresham is better value than any of the receivers available there.

prock
02-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Yeah, as a Vikings fan you should have definitely given us a better pick. We don't need a corner. We drafted Asher Allen in the third round. Sapp is a very good nickel, so you don't spend a third rounder on someone who you plan on keeping at the dime back his entire career.

wicket
02-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Yeah I officially dont like the pick, it doesnt fill a need (saints already have a few talented players to take over once sharper is out) and it is terrible value
bad value+ no need= weird pick

Nalej
02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
B.Graham=Money

akvikefan89
02-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah, as a Vikings fan you should have definitely given us a better pick. We don't need a corner. We drafted Asher Allen in the third round. Sapp is a very good nickel, so you don't spend a third rounder on someone who you plan on keeping at the dime back his entire career.

Anyone who thinks Asher Allen is going to be a legit starting #1 or #2 CB is going to be very disappointed.

I normally don't care when people disagree with my picks, but the Vikings one is frustrating because there's like 2 Vikings fans over here that keep blasting people when they give the Vikings a CB in round 1, and now because of that a lot of mocks have us making ridiculous picks to avoid CB's. Let me just tell any non-Vikings fan reading that the consensus on prominent Vikings fan forums I've been on is very pro-CB in round 1 if Dan Williams is gone and nobody who should have gone a lot higher is around...

scar988
02-14-2010, 12:38 PM
bad falcons pick. kindle doesn't fit the scheme or character we have in atlanta.

Pat Sims 90
02-14-2010, 12:41 PM

I am all for a TE but it wont happen because Mike Brown does not believe in taking a TE high in the draft we have had chances to he never has. Our OC does not utilize the TE enough to warrant a 1st Round Pick. I am going with what i think will happen not with what i want

PhysicalwithanF
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Baluga and Spiller are nice for the Niners

marshallb
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree with prock and vikes 28. CB is NOT a big need. Our CBs were very good this year for the most part, sure Winfield struggled some, but was very good when he was healthy. Sapp was very good in the NB, and Asher Allen played quite well and in case you may have forgot was only a rookie. Our problems in the secondary was that our S couldn't cover, take an angle, or tackle.

akvikefan89
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
CB is NOT a big need. Our CBs were very good this year for the most part

I don't know what games you were watching.

The Vikings have Griffin, an injured 33 year old Winfield, and a bunch of career nickle CB's. The problem is the idealistic thinking that Winfield will come back at a high level at his age after a nagging injury, Cedric Griffin will heal ahead of schedule and have no side effects from a torn ligament and missing offseason training, and that if one of those two doesn't come back strong, that Benny Sapp/Asher Allen will step up and be perfectly capable starting CBs. You realize how unlikely that is?

zachsaints52
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Chad Jones? No sir.