PDA

View Full Version : A good player with untapped potential

Str8ballin
02-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Whats up guys? Its been a long time comin. But I fel like Sam Cooke. (A change gone come). Get obama out your head.

Anyways, my style our rather my I guess you can say my infactuation for postition in football has changed. Being a former Db myself, I faithfully watched db's. But now, for some reason I have fell in love with the defensive tackle position. I guess my love story started with Glenn Dorsey, then Ragji and Roy Miller who I thought was the 2nd best last year, now this guy named Lamaar Houston.

Uhaaaaaaaa, all I can say is man he outplayed Mccoy in the red river shootout. Dominated the National Championship game, and he gets no credit or respect. He's not as flashy as Mccoy (I think Suh is #1) but has better technique. He uses his hands well. He justs gets penetration, and harrases the Qb. The better the Comp the better he plays. (10 tackles in the bcs game).

He splits double teams better then any defensive tackle I've seen on the college level. The guy was a former full back for God's sake. So he's a good athelete. He'ss run a 4.9. And I think he's better then Roy Miller who I thought was a beast last year. He owes it all to Will Muschamp who is developing those players. (If only UT can get a offensive coach who can develop the players on their side of the ball.

I think he's better then Mccoy, and I think he would be a perfect fit i a 1 gap de position like Canty for the Cowboys.

I see him going to the Broncos at 45 or the Jets at 61 ( I think he is a late first round pick).

Thoughts? Critisism.

TornadoRex
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Buccaneer at 67.

Str8ballin
02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Buccaneer at 67.

Thata would be tight

TornadoRex
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs traded back from #3 with a team that's looking for a QB/LT and grabbed an extra 2nd rounder, then took Lamarr somewhere in the 45-60 range. We took Roy last year a lot earlier than most thought he would go, but it's worked out wonderfully for us. We love the guy here in Tampa.

Actually, we would end up loving anyone who could get us to cut Ryan Sims and make Chris Hovan a backup!

Str8ballin
02-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs traded back from #3 with a team that's looking for a QB/LT and grabbed an extra 2nd rounder, then took Lamarr somewhere in the 45-60 range. We took Roy last year a lot earlier than most thought he would go, but it's worked out wonderfully for us. We love the guy here in Tampa.

Actually, we would end up loving anyone who could get us to cut Ryan Sims and make Chris Hovan a backup!

You right. That makes sense. If you traded back lets just say to the 15-25 range who would you take with that first round pick?

Job
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Whats up guys? Its been a long time comin. But I fel like Sam Cooke. (A change gone come). Get obama out your head.

Anyways, my style our rather my I guess you can say my infactuation for postition in football has changed.

My head exploded trying to read that.

Monomach
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Who knew Emmitt Smith posted here?

TornadoRex
02-14-2010, 08:06 PM
You right. That makes sense. If you traded back lets just say to the 15-25 range who would you take with that first round pick?

15-25? I'd be pulling for either CJ Spiller or Brandon Graham.

FUNBUNCHER
02-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I like Lamarr Houston. Is he a top 5 DT in this draft??

Why not? He did ball out in the NC game against the Tide, he, Shipley and Kindle single handedly kept the Longhorns competitive.

3rd-4th rounder who either starts or is in the depth rotation as a rookie in 2010.

Texas Homer
02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I think Lamarr might go in the 2nd round. I could be wrong, but I have heard that his draft stock is going up.

the decider13
02-14-2010, 08:43 PM

I read it three times before I figured out what he was attempting to say.

wogitalia
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I read it three times before I figured out what he was attempting to say.

I initially thought it was one of those spammers that never speak English but eventually it started to make a bit of sense.

Me Likey Rookies
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I would be fine with him going to the Bucs at 2b.

If Suh/McCoy are gone: 1. Berry 2a. WR 2b. Houston

And did he really outplay McCoy in that game? Because McCoy had a huge game vs Texas.

princefielder28
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Houston is definitely a top 5 DT in this draft and I've even mocked him to teams at the bottom of round one. Will he go that early? probably not

CLong4Heisman
02-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Anyways, my style our rather my I guess you can say my infactuation for postition in football has changed. Being a former Db myself, I faithfully watched db's. But now, for some reason I have fell in love with the defensive tackle position. I guess my love story started with Glenn Dorsey, then Ragji and Roy Miller who I thought was the 2nd best last year, now this guy named Lamaar Houston.

Uhaaaaaaaa, all I can say is man he outplayed Mccoy in the red river shootout. Dominated the National Championship game, and he gets no credit or respect. He's not as flashy as Mccoy (I think Suh is #1) but has better technique. He uses his hands well. He justs gets penetration, and harrases the Qb. The better the Comp the better he plays. (10 tackles in the bcs game).

He splits double teams better then any defensive tackle I've seen on the college level. The guy was a former full back for God's sake. So he's a good athelete. He'ss run a 4.9. And I think he's better then Roy Miller who I thought was a beast last year. He owes it all to Will Muschamp who is developing those players. (If only UT can get a offensive coach who can develop the players on their side of the ball.

I think he's better then Mccoy, and I think he would be a perfect fit i a 1 gap de position like Canty for the Cowboys.

I see him going to the Broncos at 45 or the Jets at 61 ( I think he is a late first round pick).

Thoughts? Critisism.

y0 m@n t0t@11y @qgree with chu

Str8ballin
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
15-25? I'd be pulling for either CJ Spiller or Brandon Graham.

Dats a good pick. I was gonna say Chad Jones but Cj Spiller or Brandon Graham would make a bigger impact.

Str8ballin
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I think Lamarr might go in the 2nd round. I could be wrong, but I have heard that his draft stock is going up.

Wait till the combine, he'll definately be a first round pick then

Str8ballin
02-15-2010, 08:22 AM
To all my haters out there, if you couldn't interpret what I said, then your not a football guy anyway. You woudn't have responded the way you did.

But to all the true footbll guys who looked beyond that,

good Luck and peace to your life.

villagewarrior
02-16-2010, 09:22 AM
To all my haters out there, if you couldn't interpret what I said, then your not a football guy anyway. You woudn't have responded the way you did.

But to all the true footbll guys who looked beyond that,

good Luck and peace to your life.

Writing horribly doesn't make one a "football guy". But I agree with your premise, Houston looked like a very good football player in the NC game. Looked big and powerful, very disruptive.