PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Mock

BaLLiN
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
So i had surgery on friday, couldn't do much, eventually decided to make a mock but i also was on pain meds and fell asleep a few times...

1.St. Louis Rams-
Ndamukong Suh NT/DT Nebraska

NFL Comparison: Richard Seymor New England Patriots

Why: Spags is a believer in the passrush creating better coverage, they invested in a LT last year high in the draft, but there are no great WCO type QB's worth this pick. They get a run stopper to allow the pile jumper a pile to jump over. Suh still has alot of untapped potential and is versatile, he has impacted games while getting double teamed and although he has yet to refine his technique.

2. Detroit Lions- Gerald McCoy DT/UT

NFL Comparison: Tommie Harris Chicago Bears

Why: Detroit has looked considerably better after their 0-16 season, the question here would be to go and get a LT, to keep the franchise QB healthy, or to improve the main problem, defense. By getting McCoy they improve their passrush with the best penetrating DT in the draft, improves their coverage, and keeps games closer instead of having shootouts.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- ***Trade** Denver Broncos- Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

Tampa Gets: #10, 2011 first round pick, and 4th round pick
Denver Gets: #3 (Clausen)

NFL Comparison: Jay Cutler Chicago Bears

Why: Tampa just got caught with their hands down their pants, two DT's that they wouldve snatched in a second, the value isn't there for them, trading down to the highest bidder makes sense. Denver however is in search of a Franchise QB, Orton is stopgap, and Marshall is unhappy, by getting a guy with good NFL projection from a pro style offense, McDaniels gets "his guy" from a once Patriot OC.

4. Washinton Redskins- Russell Okung Oklahoma State

NFL Comparison: Willie Anderson

Why: Jason Campbell has gotten enough time, but was he given good enough targets? He produced much better this year although he showed no evidence of clutchness. The Redskins don't looks so good especially with their OL once heralded as the hogs. Okung steps in day one and learns the position as Campbell most likely loses his job to Colt Brennan :)

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

NFL Comparison: ?

Why: How many 6'4'' Linebackers do you know that can stuff the run, position players around him, blitz, and have sideline to sideline range all as a junior out of college? McClain is a freak, and very versatile, there are questions about his speed, but he always puts himself in a position to make a play.

6. Seattle Seahawks- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

NFL Comparison:William Beatty New York Giants

Why: Seattle lost Hasslebeck to injury this season, and all things are pointing to big changes considering that the run game is becoming more effective and the WCO isn't doing well. Sam Bradford is a possibility but he is not worth a top 10 pick. Davis is very versatile, able to play any position on the OL, has decent feet and still has alot of room to improve.

7. Cleveland Browns- Eric Berry FS/SS Tennessee

NFL Comparsion: Darren Sharper New Orleans Saints

Why: Cleveland has the entire QB dilemma to solve on offense, ultimately Brady Quinn should step up, their defense was not the main problem, but they did show alot of suceptibility to the big play and Berry could help cease that along with creating turnover opportunities to better their slow starting offense.

8. Oakland Raiders- Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

NFL Comparison: Aaron Kampman

Why: Oakland is known for taking players based off of speed and athleticism, Morgan isn't as flashy as JPP or Taylor Mays, but he terrorized the ACC this past season, and can be a solid run and pass DE in the NFL.

9. Buffalo Bills- ***Trade*** San Francisco 49ers - Joe Haden CB Florida

Bills Get: #13 and 2nd round pick
49ers Get: #9 and 5th round pick

NFL Comparison: Vonate Davis Miami Dolphins

Why: The 49ers have alot of questions in the secondary, Haden is a solid run and pass corner who has been in a complex defense where he did it all, can provide some stability on an old secondary.

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Denver)- Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

NFL Comparsion: Plaxico Burress

Why: Tampa has been interested by Dez's skillset and could pair him with their strong armed young QB Josh Freeman. This class is considerably weak after Bryant, whereas it is still deep at DT.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars- CJ Spiller RB/KR/PR Clemson

NFL Comparison: Felix Jones Dallas Cowboys

Why: Jones-Drew is clearly the biggest threat in the Jaguar's offense, but he is overworked and bringing in CJ Spiller would not only help ticket sales but it would provide a speedster and add another great recieving threat out of the backfield.

12. Miami Dolphins- Sergio Kindle OLB/DE Texas

NFL Comparison: Shaun Phillips OLB San Diego

Why: Jerry Porter is finally out of Miami, Kindle had a great showing at the NC game, and is deserving of a first round pick? Is this a reach, yes, but Kindle has the athletic ability to projects perfectky to OLB in a 3-4 and do very well.

13. Buffalo Bills (via San Francisco 49ers)- Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

NFL Comparison: Jon Runyan

Why: Bulaga has the ability to be a LT but is better suited at RT where he would be a great pass and run blocker.

14. Seattle Seahawks- Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

NFL Comparison: Alex Smith San Francisco

Why: Unexpectedly Bradford is stil available, he has the tools to be a good WCO quarterback, the Seahawks take him and get away happy after nabbing a LT/QB OTF combo.

15. New York Giants- ***Trade*** New England Patriots- Jason Pierre-Paul DE/OLB

New York Gets: #22 and 2nd round pick
New England Gets:#15

NFL Comparison: Jevon Kearse

Why: JPP is one of the freakiest DE prospects in awhile, what NE thought they had in Shawn Crable they find in JPP, he is tenacious and one of the top pass rushers in the draft, worthy of trading up beyond the usual.

16. San Francisco 49ers - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

NFL Comparison: Jamal Brown New Orleans

Why: sleeper for a first round pick, but he has the ability to emerge as maybe even the #2 OT taken off the board, San Fran already sured up some DB problems with haden, now to solidify the front line.

17. Tennessee Titans - Dan Williams NT/DT Tennessee

NFL Comparison: Kevin Williams Minnesota

Why: Tennesee has been missing Albert Haynesworth, Dan Williams will provide the run stoppage in the middle while also showing some great progression in penetrating on passing plays.

18. Pittsburg Steelers- Earl Thomas FS/CB Texas

NFL Comparison: Michael Griffin Tennessee

Why: although it pains me to give Earl to the Steelers, this would be a good pick for them, Earl is great at reading plays and has the potential to be a great ballhawk in the NFL, along with coaching from Troy, he could become a legitimate safety instead of just a CB playing safety

19. Atlanta Falcons- ***Trade*** Philadelphia Eagles- Brandon Graham DE Michigan

Atlanta Gets: #24 and 3rd round pick
Philadelphia Gets: #19

NFL Comparison: Dwight Freeney Indianapolis

Why: Sniper i hope you enjoy this, Eagles passrush seemed to be taken down a bit this season, DE may not be a great need at the moment, but adding another passrusher to help along Macho Harris at safety would very much improve their defense.

20. Houston Texans- Taylor Mays FS/SS

NFL Comparison: Laron Landry

Why: Houston has had problems throughtout their secondary, with two small corners and a relatively small safety in Pollard, Mays provides some enforcing ability.

21. Cincinatti Bengals- ***Trade*** Minnesota Vikings- Brian Price DT/UT UCLA

Cincinatti Gets: #30 and 2nd round pick
Minnesota Gets: #21

NFL Comparison: Amobi Okoye

Why: The williams brothers are nearing the end, and the depth and players behind them are less than spectacular, adding a young DT such as Price could benefit them in the future, Price has potential to be a great penetrating DT and has maybe the most potential in this DT class to improve

22. New York Giants (via New England Patriots)- Sean Weatherspoon OLB/ILB Missouri

NFL Comparison: Jon Beason

Why: Weatherspoon can play either MIKE or SAM for the giants, he is very good at running down the ballcarrier and has shown he can stuff the run and in coverage, he is one of the best cover LBs in this draft.

23. Green Bay Packers- Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

NFL Comparison: Jordan Gross Carolina

Why: Wiliams is bound to be a RT, but he may be the best of the RT prospects in this draft at the moment, he is good techniquewise vs the run and pass.

24. Atlanta Falcons (via Philadelphia Eagles)- Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

NFL Comparison: Mike Jenkins Dallas

Why: the falcons missed on Houston, who should be a good nickel CB, but Wilson paired with Grimes would be a solid duo that would allow their safeties to not have to make up for poor CB play.

25. Baltimore Ravens- ***Trade*** Cincinatti Bengals- Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

Baltimore Gets: #30 and 3rd round pick
Cincinatti Gets: #25

NFL Comparison: Martellus Bennet Dallas

Why: Cincinatti trades back up to avoid losing Gresham who will provide a threat across the middle so Ocho can work the sideline and avoid double teams.

26. Arizona Cardinals- Mike Iupati OG Idaho

NFL Comparison: Chris Kemoeatu Steelers

Why: Arizona had some questions on the OL this past year, they are very mediocre in the run game, which they need to get started to help Leinart, Iupati is a mauler and will start a fire in the desert.

27. Dallas Cowboys- ***Trade*** New Orleans Saints- Vladimir Ducasse OT/OG Massachusettes

Dallas Gets: #32 and 3rd round pick
New Orleans Gets: #27

NFL Comparison: Branden Albert Kansas City

Why: The Saints narrowly won the superbowl after looking like they might lose because of not being able to run for the first. Two OL might be bolting in FA and ducasse could be a very underestimated prospect.

28. San Diego Chargers- Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn State

NFL Comparison: Justin Tuck New York

Why: San diego is losing the power up front on the line they used to have, Odrick is a solid DE both in run and pass and can hold up vs double teams.

29. New York Jets- Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

NFL Comparison: Jamaal Anderson Atlanta

Why: The Jets are still looking for a solid 3-4 tech DE, Dunlap "falls" to them and they snatch him up no questions asked, hopefully Rex can make Dunlap reignite his football flame.

30. Baltimore Ravens (via Cincinatti Bengals via Minnesota Vikings)- Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

NFL Comparison: Dwayne Bowe Kansas City

Why: Baltimore needs a #1 target without a doubt, Benn is a solid reciever who stood out despite having juice williams as a QB, i might be wrong but his old OC is now with the Ravens.

31. Inianapolis Colts- Jerry Hughes DE Texas Christian

NFL Comparison: John Abraham Atlanta

Why: Freeney got injured and Mathis and him are both getting older, DT may not be as big a need as once thought with the emergence of Eric Foster, and Hughes seems like an Indy defender. Could turn out to be a big steal.

32. Dallas Cowboys (via New Orleans Saints)- Chad Jones SS/FS LSU

NFL Comparison: Kerry Rhodes New York Jets

Why: Despite drafting Hamlin last year, Ken Hamlin has been average and the entire safety position leaves something to be desired, Jones is a young and talented safety with great potential to be a good run and pass defending safety.

superman8456
02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Can you breakdown your trade situation?

Pat Sims 90
02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Mike Brown will not draft a TE in the 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed in the 1st Round.

wicket
02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
allright, so the saints trade up to reach for a player who is not a need. not a good way to make me happy

StripedWalrus
02-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Mike Brown will not draft a TE in the 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed in the 1st Round.

That is not necessarily true and only of your opinion.

vidae
02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Good KC pick.

BaLLiN
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Can you breakdown your trade situation?

break down how?

allright, so the saints trade up to reach for a player who is not a need. not a good way to make me happy

losing Jamaal Brown whos had knee injuries or Jahri Evans would create big needs.

eagles6606
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
DE is a big need for the Eagles right now and Brandon Graham would be a great pick. Don't like the Jaguars pick at all. They have a lot of needs to fill if they want to be a contender again. The Jags can get a complimentary running back in the 2nd or 3rd round, like a Dexter Mccluster or Jhavid Best.
P.S. Hope u feel better

AkiliSmith
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
This

Can't see a trade between division rivals either

zachsaints52
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Am I crazy but I cant even find the Saints pick?

Edit: I see it now you have to show spolier.
Hate the pick, Evans wont leave and Browns a RFA so if he leaves we get compensations.

49erNation85
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
What happen to the 9ers 1 first in round , they have 2 picks ? nice job tho

never mind I saw it . Nice pick for them too we really need a great CB like Hayden .

DiG
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
+rep for skins writeup :)

wicket
02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
losing Jamaal Brown whos had knee injuries or Jahri Evans would create big needs.

jamaal brown hasnt played a down this season so saints would cope with that. jahri evans will be franchised before he will be let go, besides, both are Restricted free agents. I'd be suprised if either leaves

Babylon
02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Seattle

You had my attention there then sort of spoiled it with
Bradford at #14. I'd rather wait a year on Mallett and Lockerzzz.

RaiderNation
02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Solid raider pick. Bulaga or JPP would work too

coordinator0
02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I like what you did with the Ravens trading back, but what else do we pick up with the trade? Moving back 5 spots for nothing isn't the best plan lol.

Caddy
02-15-2010, 07:17 PM
If we got offered that trade in real life I'd take it in a heart beat.

Nalej
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
What was the trade between the Giants and Pats?

prock
02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Well I don't understand why you have the Vikings trading UP for a player who won't even play. Price plays the same position as Kevin Williams. We need a NT, not another UT. Only reason we should trade up is if Clausen of Bradford fall.

BaLLiN
02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
my bad i switched what balt and cincy get in the trade ill change it.

BaLLiN
02-15-2010, 07:42 PM
What was the trade between the Giants and Pats?

Giants Get: New England's 1st and a 2nd (#22 and #53)
Patriots Get: #15 (Jason Pierre-Paul)

Nalej
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
While I like the thought of adding JPP to BB's scheme- I just don't think its realistic
BB likes to trade back- not up. Plus, we have so many holes in our D and OLine- I'm not sure if trading up is a smart thing to do.
Unless some issues are addressed via trade and/or FA prior to the draft- I can't see BB trading up.

Either way- OLB is our biggest need and JPP's potential is through the roof so I can't complain

BaLLiN
02-15-2010, 07:55 PM
While I like the thought of adding JPP to BB's scheme- I just don't think its realistic
BB likes to trade back- not up. Plus, we have so many holes in our D and OLine- I'm not sure if trading up is a smart thing to do.
Unless some issues are addressed via trade and/or FA prior to the draft- I can't see BB trading up.

Either way- OLB is our biggest need and JPP's potential is through the roof so I can't complain

when does BB not address needs in FA? hes a master

As far as NO and Minny fans, my bad, i shouldve looked further into things.

thebow305
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Solid Phins pick. I'd prefer JPP, but I'd certainly be ok with Sergio Kindle.

tjsunstein
02-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I can live with it. Trent isnt a sexy pick but he fills a need.

FrankGore
02-16-2010, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't be happy if the Niners coughed up a 2nd to go get Haden. We could use a corner, but that corner can come in the 2nd or 3rd and could be a guy who doubles as a return man too. There's plenty of depth there.

I would take Haden if he dropped to #13, but I would not give up an extra early pick to have him.

marshallb
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Bad Vikings pick. Like prock said, we need a NT not an UT, and then to trade up, makes it way worse.

Legacy
02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
If we got offered that trade in real life I'd take it in a heart beat.
And then I'd shoot myself when we draft Dez Bryant. If we're going to do that, I'd prefer just trading the pick back to Denver for Marshall.

Abaddon
02-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Haden to Oakland is far more likely.

billsfootball15
02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
how great would that be for the Bills...trading back is starting to become my option

OSUGiants17
02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
WAAAAAY to many trades for a one round mock imo, but good Giants pick so idc

jCut
02-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Don't know what to think of the trade for Denver, but I love getting Clausen.