PDA

View Full Version : Doughie is touching his mock agian!!!!

DoughBoy
02-15-2010, 08:30 PM
1. St. Louis (1-15) - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma- They averaged 10 points per game. Obviously something needs to be done on offense. They had the 29th ranked passing offense. Receiver is a concern but none are worth the number 1 pick. I think Sam Bradford is the best QB in this draft and you canít pass on a QB (even if he is a reach) if you donít have one.
2. Detroit (2-14)- Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska- Jim Schwartz loves defensive tackles. Ndamukong and Sammie Lee Hill have a chance to become a pretty good combo in a few years. The offensive line is still pretty bad so Russell Okung could also be a good pick here.
3. Tampa Bay (3-13) ĖGerald McCoy DT Oklahoma- Sure you miss out on Ndamukong, but Gerald McCoy can be just as good. They finally get that inside rush back that we remember from those championship winning Bucs.
4. Washington (4-12)- Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame- Everyone hates Jason Campbell in Washington. Their D is good enough to be ranked in the top 3, but the offense under Jason is terrible. O-line is a big problem also, but I have trouble believing they are going to be putting up with JC another year.
5. Kansas City (4-12) ĖRolando McClain OLB Alabama-The best linebacker I have seen come out of the SEC since Patrick Willis. The Chiefs need a leader and a force inside their defense. Rolando will give them that.
6. Seattle (5-11)-Anthony Davis OT Rutgers- Walter Jones has been gone a few years it seems, but now that he is retired they have no excuses not to fix their O-line for the future. I donít know who is to blame on their O-line but they were cut through like butter on passing plays.
7. Cleveland (5-11)- Eric Berry SS the real UT- Their offense was bad, but they saw glimmers of hope from Cribbs, Jerome Harrison, Massaqui and even Quinn there at the end. Eric Wright is really the only good player in their secondary right now and adding Eric Berry will be a huge help.
8. Oakland (5-11)-Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State- Me thinks Al Davis wants to see JaMarcus succeed in the worst way and he knows he has to give him a LT if he has any chance of being successful. JPP is the popular guy here, but I think Al Davis surprises us like he always does.
9. Buffalo (6-10)- Trent Williams- I think they address their short term QB issue in Free Agency, so that leaves their O-line which needs a little bit of help. Trent Williams is a fairly safe pick because he is versatile and should start somewhere on that OL.
10. Jacksonville (7-9)- Jason Pierre Paul- The pass rush has been ****** for awhile now but you canít fault them for not trying. Jags fans know the Tebow pick is not happening and I believe them. If JPP can give them anything close to a pass rush threatÖ look out.
11. Denver - from Chicago (7-9) ĖMike Iupati- I want to make njx proud and I hope he likes the pick so he doesnít take a dump on my chest.  I really donít know if Mike fits the new scheme but there is no doubt he is one of the nastiest run blockers in this draft. The Broncos desperately need inside help.
12. Miami (7-9) Ė Dez Bryant- Their receivers are pretty average, but they get along fine without them most of the time. Dez is a talent I think Bill will have trouble passing up though. OLB could also be the pick here now that it looks like Joey Porter is gone.
13. San Francisco (8-8)-Bryan Bulga- I think he can play either right or left side and would be a good combo with Joe Staley. If you are going to roll with Alex Smith you better protect him.
14. Seattle - from Denver (8-8)- Derrick Morgan- Their pass rush is not very good but they have a few talented up and comers on that D-line. I think Derrick will take a lot of pressure off the rest of that defense. Also, in some ways he reminds me of Kerney.
15. New York Giants (8-8)-Sean Witherspoon- They need some linebacker talent now that Pierce is gone. I think Sean would be excellent in their scheme and free up some other players on that defense.
16. Tennessee^ (8-8)- Joe Haden- I doubt the best CB in this draft falls this far, but god I am hoping. Nick Harper is most likely gone and while and Jason McCourty and Mouton have shown subtitle signs of being good corners, we have no proven talent. Joe should at least give us good competition at the starting spot. He might be a good return guy for us also (which we desperately need). DE might be the higher percentage pick here, but we could also use a linebacker.
17. San Francisco - from Carolina^ (8-8)- Taylor Mays- This is the spot where I think you value from a guy like Mays. San Fran has some holes at safety. I donít think Taylor is going to be a flashy player in the NFL, but I do think he will be the solid player he was in college.
18. Pittsburgh (9-7)- Dan Williams- I hate to see my baby go to the nasty Steelers, but I think he would be an excellent replacement for Casey Hampton. If Hood and D-man Williams play to their potential in the next few years the Steelers wonít see much of a drop-off for a while.
19. Atlanta^ (9-7) ĖEverson Griffin- Griffin looks like a Falcon IMO. They need another pass rusher and Griffin is probably among the best in this draft. Iím looking for big things from the falcons this next year.
20. Houston^ (9-7)-Kyle Wilson - I think the kid has played himself into the first round if he has a good workout. Houston needs a CB even if they lock up Daunte because he is a shell of his former self. I think Kyle will be a monster in a few years.
21. Cincinnati* (10-6)-Greg Hardy - This was a tough pick, I donít think the Bengals have faith that Chase Coffman is going to be a starter because he canít block and I really wanted to give them Jermaine Gresham. Michael Johnson seems to be coming along but I still donít think you can expect Antwan Odom to be healthy for more than 9 games a season. Greg fits Cincinnati like a glove.
22. New England* (10-6)-Brandon Graham- I donít know if he lasts this long and I hope he doesnít. He will bring the pass rush Mike use to give them. Damn the Patriots!!!
23. Green Bay* (11-5)- Bruce Campbell- I think he is way too talented to fall out of the first. Green Bay looked like an entirely different O-line at the end of the season, but that does not mean you can forget how sucky they looked at the start of the season.
24. Philadelphia* (11-5)- Brandon Spikes- This may or may not be a good pick based on how well Stewart Bradley has recovered from his injury. I think would bring a great nasty element to Phillies D.
25. Baltimore* (9-7)-Jermaine Gresham- Todd Heap is not the TE he used to be and they need another weapon at WR. Temporarily kill two birds with one stone. I think they will try and bring in a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson and if they do, disregard this pick, acquire currency.
26. Arizona* (10-6)-Jerry Hughes- The guy does not get enough respect as a player. I think he is the best pass rusher in this draft. Like Brandon Graham the guy dominates but he doesnít get noticed because he is not a ďfreakĒ athlete. I donít care, Jerry is a beast.
27. Dallas* (11-5)- Carlos Dunlap- Hard pick to make, but I see no safeties left deserving of first round consideration. It is a question if Carlos can play in the 3-4. However, if he could, there is no limit as to what you could do with him.
28. San Diego* (13-3)- CJ Spiller- Another player that I doubt falls this far. Terrence Cody is available, but he is a fat monster. CJ is going to be a good player in this league but hopefully for the Chargers sake it is at HB.
29. New York Jets* (9-7) ĖCorey Wootton- Iím taking Scottís word that he is a good football player because I have only seen highlights of his play. Regardless his triangle numbers are impressive and he looks like he has the body for a 3-4 DE. Could be a great pick for an already strong defense.
30. Minnesota* (12-4)- Tony Pike- Flame away you bastards. I always come away impressed with Tony and I donít regard him as a system player. Brett is only going to give the Vikings another year before he moves to Buffalo. This may be a luxury pick but the Vikes can afford it.
31. Indianapolis* (14-2)-Charles Brown- We all know what Bill Polian said about the offensive line after the Championship. He might have just been pissed for that one game but regardless Iím running with this. Peyton Manning was the least sacked player this year, but their running backs or their run blocking is not very good (combination of both IMO). Their RT also sucks donkey balls from what I hear. Brown has the ability to line up all over the place.
32. New Orleans* (13-3)-Daryl Washington LB TCU- Another hard pick, I went Norwood here last time but I feel Daryl would have an easier transition to OLB. Reminds me of DeMeco Ryans coming out. Would be a great addition to the Saints.

Bengals78
02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Ewwwww horrible pick, Greg might fit...in the 2nd or 3rd round.
DE is in no way a first round need. You cant argue the reasoning for taking Hardy of all DE's as Odom is hurt too much. Two injury prone DE's doesnt make for one healthy DE

Just give us Gresham even though we dont take first round TE's

DoughBoy
02-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Ewwwww horrible pick, Greg might fit...in the 2nd or 3rd round.
DE is in no way a first round need. You cant argue the reasoning for taking Hardy of all DE's as Odom is hurt too much. Two injury prone DE's doesnt make for one healthy DE

Just give us Gresham even though we dont take first round TE's

:(

I thought they could hold out Greg for 9 weeks and put him in after AO gets hurt. But, really bengals are a hard team to do from the outside looking in. They don't have any holes in my eyes aside from a superstar DE and a TE.

vikes_28
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Daryl Washington would have been a much better pick than Pike. I hate it.

DoughBoy
02-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Daryl Washington would have been a much better pick than Pike. I hate it.

You will like it.

:mad:

:o

I'm going to go drown myself in tears now......

RaiderNation
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Id support that pick

Bengals78
02-15-2010, 08:49 PM

I thought they could hold out Greg for 9 weeks and put him in after AO gets hurt. But, really bengals are a hard team to do from the outside looking in. They don't have any holes in my eyes aside from a superstar DE and a TE.

We have glaring holes at WR and S.
More glaring than DE and we just dont seem to go after TE early

DoughBoy
02-15-2010, 08:54 PM
We have glaring holes at WR and S.
More glaring than DE and we just dont seem to go after TE early

I think Hardy would be a better pick than any WR or saftey that is left on the board (none that I see as first rounders). I do understand your point about 2 injury prone D-lineman don't make a healthy one. Jermaine probably would be a better pick.

Bengals78
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Hardy is not a first rounder either so its moot.
He is way too fragile to be worth that high of a pick. Id see him at best at the top of round 2 as a reach for a team desperate for pass rush.

Nalej
02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
B.Graham is a sexy pick.
CJ Spiller would be nice too if the Pats thought they could get an OLB in the 2nd

thebow305
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I love Dez Bryant, but I really don't see Parcells drafting him. I think Derrick Morgan is a great pick as well, and is far more likely IMO.

DiG
02-15-2010, 09:59 PM
if you want to give the skins clausen fine. its not what i want by any means but at least understand that with or without drafting a qb the skins are starting campbell in 2010/2011 season.

Pat Sims 90
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I would kill myself if we took Hardy in the 1st. I could not live another season with how terriable are offense is.

GoRavens
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM
the skins are starting campbell in 2010/2011 season.
-which is exactly why they shouldn't draft a QB in the first round. People are too quick to bash Jason Campbell, and if I see 1 more mock with the redskins getting Clausen/Bradford I'll **** **** **** **** **** ****

TitanHope
02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Haden looks good with no Derrick Morgan or Jason Pierre-Paul on the board! Good job Doughie! :D

Also, I think Greg Hardy is a mid-to-late 1st RD value, and actually wouldn't be mad if the Titans took him as high as #16 overall. There's questions about him being injury prone, but without those, he's the #1 DE and an early 1st RD pick. Plus, who's to say the injuries weren't just flukes or bad luck? Is that worth passing on such a talented player? I totally get why Cincy fans don't want him, but to say he'll last long in the 2nd RD (or even drop to the 3rd RD) would be incorrect in my view.

zachsaints52
02-16-2010, 12:03 AM
32. New Orleans* (13-3)-Daryl Washington LB TCU- Another hard pick, I went Norwood here last time but I feel Daryl would have an easier transition to OLB. Reminds me of DeMeco Ryans coming out. Would be a great addition to the Saints.

Norwood wouldn't have to transition, he already plays OLB. Go ahead and give us Cody.

Rosebud
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM
I know AP has a recognized name but he's been done for more the past two seasons, we need some LB talent, but losing AP isn't why. Goff's already been as good, we have Sintim at SLB from last year and Boley holding WLB. We could us another LB in case Sintim gets moved to DE or we're unsatisfied with Goff, but I'd much rather we address our atrociously barren DT situation and grab Brian Price or Dan Williams in round one.

prock
02-16-2010, 01:30 AM
If we draft Pike in the first, I will stab myself in the heart with a pike.

(haha get it? see what i did there? like that little play on words? in the words of the immortal kanye west "im a mother ****** lyrical genius!!")

jCut
02-16-2010, 01:31 AM
I don't think Denver can afford to pass on the best corner in the draft, given the opportunity. Iupati fits what Denver needs inside, but that would be a flawed strategy.

wicket
02-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Norwood wouldn't have to transition, he already plays OLB. Go ahead and give us Cody.

scratch that, give us price

vidae
02-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Perfect KC pick at this point.

A Perfect Score
02-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I'd slaughter 8 innocent kittens to have Jermaine Gresham on the Ravens. I like him better as a weapon then any WR in this draft other then Bryant.

Poz51
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
\
[B]9. Buffalo (6-10)- Trent Williams- I think they address their short term QB issue in Free Agency, so that leaves their O-line which needs a little bit of help. Trent Williams is a fairly safe pick because he is versatile and should start somewhere on that OL.
13. San Francisco (8-8)-Bryan Bulga- I think he can play either right or left side.
23. Green Bay* (11-5)- Bruce Campbell

The offensive line needs a Left Tackle, so if you believe Williams is the 3rd best Left Tackle in the draft, then good pick. I dont believe he is a Left Tackle and therefor not a good pick in this scenerio, personally I think Bulaga is the 3rd best [B]Left Tackle[B] and makes more sense. Buffalo's offensive line problems were at Tackle, particularly at Left Tackle where Bell is below average, Scott is a right tackle playing Left Tackle where he is below average, Meredith flashed a little potential but appeared to be better suited on the right side, and Kirk "should be a street walker" Chambers is useless on both sides. This is all my opinion, but LT far outwieghts the need at RT (which I do believe Williams is the best in the draft, and would be a steal in the second having addressed LT in the first), so I would perfer to see them address the priority first instead of taking someone who should start somewhere on that OL.

marshallb
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Bad Vikings pick. Pike is a huge reach there, and is only a 3rd round pick at best.

zachsaints52
02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
scratch that, give us price

Crap I figured Price was already gone. Yeah, Price it is.

akvikefan89
02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Terrible, horrible, laughable Vikings pick...

DoughBoy
02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Terrible, horrible, laughable Vikings pick...

Read the first part agian. J/K I think every draft has a suprise that no one sees coming. I am a Tony Pike homer and I think he is a good QB. I'm not calling Vikes idiots or trying to insult anyone, I just think he is good. I thought the Minnesota might be a good place for him to go. JMO.

DoughBoy
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
i'd love to get iupati, but 10/11 is pretty early for interior o-line. haden's probably the better pick there.

Your right, I don't see him falling past the Raiders, Broncos and Seahawks. I will do a new one this weekend.

Abaddon
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
-which is exactly why they shouldn't draft a QB in the first round. People are too quick to bash Jason Campbell, and if I see 1 more mock with the redskins getting Clausen/Bradford I'll **** **** **** **** **** ****

You'll hit shift+8 a bunch of times? :confused:

TitanHope
02-16-2010, 03:56 PM
You'll hit shift+8 a bunch of times? :confused:

I think one day in the future when aliens invade and enslave the human race, they'll delve into our records. After doing so, they'll claim "****" to be the single most insulting word to call someone/thing.

Jokes on you, alien scum!!! Go **** yourselves!!!

PhysicalwithanF
02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
OK..I get that people think the Niners need Safety help..which we do..and that Singletary might like May's athleticism and hitting and all that..but he is NOT the type of safety we need..we already have a hard hitting safety who cant cover..his name is Dashon Goldson.