PDA

View Full Version : Mock, mock, mock, 5 rounds pre-combine...

Poz51
02-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Disclaimer: Again, I am one man mocking for 32 teams, based on what I have seen, read, and discussed. My opinion on need, value and players rankings may differ from yours. Having said that, I went in a couple different directions in this mock with certain teams, and tried a couple things out. Its my first attempt at 5 rounds, I went based on the current order, and did not alternate picks each round, which I will do when the order is set everything is in stone accordingly, thoughts and analysis included. + rep for insight, intelligent feedback, and I will respond when I can. Due to life happening I just finished a first edit, but have had this almost completed about two weeks now. Tear it up, enjoy :) 5 rounds and best available.

2010 NFL Mock Draft

Round 1

1 – St. Louis – Jimmy Clausen (QB – Notre Dame)
With Locker out of the picture no one benefits more than Clausen who moves all the way up to number one. The Rams are starting Keith Null at quarterback, a West Texas A & M project… Clausen gives the franchise a face, although no one could blame the Rams for taking Suh, and although they probably should, they go quarterback and continue to lay the foundation for the future on offense. This may leave me in the minority of mockers, but having recently invested two number one picks on the defensive line in recent years, its time to invest in the offense. The Rams passing attack is so pathetic, I can not see them passing on the chance to take the number one QB of the draft. If the Rams take Suh the draft takes an entirely different look.

2 – Detroit – Ndamukong Suh (DT – U. Nebraska)
Lions fans rejoice!! The Rams passed on Suh, and Detroit gets the best player in the draft with the second pick. If you haven’t watched this guy play, shame on you, a monster who might be the best defensive tackle prospect this decade. Suh is solid against the run, and an absolute beast against the pass, who single handedly kept Nebraska in the Big Ten Championship game against Texas. Ndamukong instantly upgrades the Lions defense, and is a better value than Okung, who could be the choice if Suh is gone and/or protecting the franchise becomes the organizations top priority. If Suh goes one, and McCoy is available the Lions will just as easily take him, either way it’s a win for the Lions on the defensive line.

3 – Tampa Bay – Gerald McCoy (DT – Oklahoma)
Tampa needs help on the defensive front, and gets the best player available. McCoy is a disruptive force who might be the best penetrating DT in this draft class. Capable of altering the out come of any game, McCoy is not a bad consolation prize in Suh derby. Maybe, just maybe the Lions pick up Okung to protect Stafford… There is a good chance that Tampa has Berry as the best player available and fills a need, resulting in Berry being the pick, but with Morris returning to coach and the Tampa 2 looking like it is here to stay for a while, the Buc’s go with D-line, and priority number one. A good defensive line can mask holes in the secondary easier than a good secondary can mask holes in the defensive line. If the Rams and Lions take the top two DT’s, look for Tampa to go with Berry, the top defensive player remaining on their board.

4 – Washington – Russell Okung (LT – Ok. State)
Bradford does not fit the Shanny mold of a strong armed gun slinger, and Allen does not want to take a QB in the first round, because that’s what his history tells us. So the Skins take the LT of the future, who is athletic enough to fit into the zone blocking scheme utilized by Shanahan and son, as well as the best pass protection left tackle in the draft. With Allen saying recently that they will take the best player available who helps the team win, and that man is Russell Okung. Rumors of trading Laundry could result in Berry being the pick in this situation, although I am sure Shanahan would prefer to address the offense first. Regardless of Chris Samuals retiring this pick makes the most sense, especially if they cannot trade down. In the end the Skins take Okung who protects Campbell’s or Brennan’s blind side.

5 – Kansas City – Eric Berry (S – Tennessee)
Tough to pass on Berry with Brown and McGraw leading pack, and in a draft heavy with top end defensive talent, Berry is arguably at the top of the list. I believe he is the second best player in the draft after Suh, and that is a 1a/1b type of situation, with McCoy being 1c. Berry is considered an Ed Reed clone, and true playmaker in every sense of the word, and would make a similar impact on Kansas City’s 3-4. He could very well go to Tampa Bay depending on how the top three picks work out, but Kansas City opts to take the highest ranked player on their board, and look to address other needs as the draft goes on. The Chiefs could go in several directions, Rolando McClain and Anthony Davis should they opt for front seven help, or to protect the franchise. The McClain/Berry debate rages on in this edition, either way the Chiefs win, but they go with the slightly higher rated player at this point.

6 – Seattle – Sam Bradford (QB – Oklahoma)
With Jeremy Bates comes a derivative of the west coast offense, and Bradford’s attributes should allow him to fit right in. Pete Carroll knows that Hasselback has seen better days, despite his vocal show of support, decides to start the installation of his offense from scratch, and build towards the future with a quarterback first. Bradford show’s enough for the Seahawks to take the smart, accurate passer, with good intangibles, pocket awareness and a quick release to be the future of their team. This pick has become very cookie cutter-ish, but does make sense none the less… I would not be surprised to see Seattle go in numerous directions depending on who falls, and could opt to start with the offensive line and go Davis.

7 – Cleveland – Joe Haden (CB – Florida)
In a draft heavy with top end defensive talent, Haden is near the top of the list. I believe he is the second best player in the secondary after Berry, and could have a similar impact on any secondary when you factor a little less playmaker for a little more physicality. I see Haden as an Antoine Winfield “clone” who’s better in coverage, and just as physical. Haden will have a significant impact in Cleveland over the next decade opposite Eric Wright, who may have to live with being the second best corner on the team.

8 – Oakland – Rolando McClain (LB – Alabama)
Al Davis draft shocker! He certainly loves athletic freaks, and despite needs at DT, DE, and the Oline in additon to a #2 corner, the Raiders take the versitile McClain who allows for flexibility in the linebacking core, and provides the first surprise in the draft. Tough, smart, and an athletically gifted specimen, McClain plays the run as well as any linebacker coming into the draft this decade, and is a reliable defender in coverage. McClain has all the tools to be the player/coach on the field who could one day have a bust in Canton. I see McClain as a Bruschi like leader and presence on the field with more athleticism. Davis makes sense as well, but with Al Davis who truly knows?? Al loves his athletes and although making questionable picks based on physical attributes seems to be his M.O. at least he takes positions of need, and looking at the Raiders defense, they certainly could use a brain to put it all together defensively, and I fully expect McClain to light up the combine, and having led the best defense in the nation in recent memory will be looked upon favorabally as well.

9 – Buffalo – Anthony Davis (LT – Rutgers)
Buffalo sweats through the last five picks hoping an offensive lineman worth taking in the top ten falls to them. Having passed on Oher last year the Bills quickly jump on Davis and land the second best overall prospect at left tackle in this draft in my opinion. Davis is a mauler in the run game, and is more than capable of holding his own in pass protection. Davis could surpass Okung as the top LT available in the draft during the pre-draft process, and along with Bulaga and Campbell will have much to gain before the draft itself. Davis could work himself as high as the fourth overall pick with a solid combine, and could see himself as a Redskin, Seahawk, Raider, Brown or even a Chief come April.

10 – Jacksonville – Jason Pierre-Paul (DE – U.S.F.)
I can’t believe the rise of J.P.P. but it appears to be happening never the less. The potential is there, but I am not sure of the production game in and game out. However Jag’s fans can rejoice in the fact that first of all he is not Tim Tebow, and secondly he is not a Gator defensive end. J.P.P. provides a much needed pass rush, which despite recent high pick failures being used to address the situation, needs to be addressed regardless, or else they stay in the division’s basement, and possibly move out of Jacksonville. Come draft day this pick could very well be a former Gator, be it; the Tebow, or Dunlap, neither of which would surprise me. However in the end they take the fast rising J.P.P. I would not be surprised if Al Davis falls in love with Jason and takes him at 8, making Derrick Morgan a contender in this spot.

11 – Denver (Via Chicago) – Dan Williams (DT – Tennessee)
Williams instantly upgrades the Broncos run defense, which certainly was lacking this past season. I would consider this a reach, as Williams motor is not as consistant as his draft position would warrant. However the more I look at the Bronco’s the more it appears to me their primary needs are on the interior of both lines, and I cannot see them taking a guard this high, so for the second year in a row they look to take a volunteer defensive lineman, this time one that makes sense. I really think the Bronco’s try to trade down, and pick up some extra picks to address the interior lines later in the draft with better value in appropriate spots, but in this scenerio the Bronco’s go with the future anchor of the defense. Additionally, I don’t think Williams makes it past the Giants at 15, so how far can the Bronco’s trade down? For me the first major reach of the draft, but with McClain and Haden gone, no 3-4 type DE’s or OLB’s worth it at this spot, both first round QB’s gone, and Marshall staying in Denver for now, in addition to my thinking that this is too early for a first round guard, the Bronco’s are between a rock and a hard place.

12 – Miami – Dez Bryant (WR – Ok. St.) “Parcells doesn’t draft first round receivers” If Henne is going to put the ball in the air 55 times, maybe the best receiver in the draft would be a nice option to throw the ball to, maybe say better than Ted Ginn Jr…
Bryants 2008 stats compared to Crabtree’s 2008 stats.
2008 87 1480 17.0 80 19
2008 97 1165 12.0 82 19
Fewer catches, more yards, better average, same number of touchdowns. If Bryant falls and Parcells passes, believing that Hartline, Bess, Ginn, Camarillo, or Turner are a number one receiver, and difference maker, than he’s clearly lost it. Crabtree should have gone seventh last year, Bryant is every bit as good (better in my opinion), and a steal at 12 in this draft.

13 – San Francisco – Earl Thomas (S – Texas)
The 9ers are interesting team to mock for, is Clements moving to safety (I doubt it)? With the emergence of Brooks, and the team being third in the league in sacks, is a pass rusher a top priority? Is it time to look for a new corner this early in the draft? Joe Staley takes over the left tackle spot permanently leaving the question, what is the deal with the right tackle spot? In comes Earl Thomas, who allows Dashon Gholston to play SS, giving the 9ers two safeties who can hit, make plays in coverage and allow greater schematic flexibility. Thomas declared and instantly solidified himself as my number two safety, he is a ballhawk, who is always around the action, tough for his size and willing to lay his body on the line. A Singletary guy all the way. The 9ers will be able to address the tackle spot with their next pick.

14 – Seattle (Via Denver) – Bryan Bulaga (LT – U. Iowa)
Bulaga has shown some vulnerability, but has tons of potential and ability. Walter Jones is 36 this year, and being injured most of this year, make this decision easy. Bulaga is the second best LT on some boards and most have him third, and a good value pick, that helps improve the run game, and protect the future of the franchise. Tough to pass on Derrick Morgan and Taylor Mays at this spot, but the LT and QB spots should be addressed first and foremost in this draft, after being neglected in the past.

15 – N.Y.G. – Brian Price (DT – UCLA)
The Giants go best player available that fills their biggest need, and Price is quick off the ball, and strong enough to play the run, making him a 3 down option for the Giants. Taylor Mays is an interesting option in that he would allow Phillips to roam around and make plays, and add a physical dimension to the secondary, but in the end Jerry Reese builds up the defense in the trenches first.

16 – Tennessee – Derrick Morgan (DE – G.T.)
The Titans get an absolute steal with the 16th pick in the draft, and with Kearse and Vanden Bosch on the wrong side of 30 and starting to show their age, Morgan teams up with Hayes to give the Titans a promising future at defensive end. The Titans could go OLB or CB in this spot, but Morgan’s value is too much to pass up.

17 – San Francisco (Via Carolina) – Trent Williams (RT – Oklahoma)
With Joe Staley starting at left tackle, the 49ers take the best right tackle in the draft to give them bookend tackles. Williams will open lanes for Gore to run through, and offer Smith the protection he needs from day one. More athletic than he is given credit for, Williams nor the 49ers have to worry or adapt to a position switch, and the foundation of the 49ers offensive line is well on its way towards being a viable, complete entity.

18 – Pittsburgh – Terrance Cody (DT – Alabama)
Cody comes into the combine in shape, and impresses. Hampton moves on to greener pastures, and this pick becomes a match made in heaven. Mount Cody anchor’s the Steelers defense of the present into the future, let’s say next 5 years of his contract or longer. Hampton is 33 and from what I have seen not the clog he has been in the past, and appears to be slowing down and showing signs of his age. Cody was the anchor of the nations best defense, and an key component in a defense that did not allow a 100 yard rusher during his tenure as a member of the Crimson Tide.

19 – Atlanta – Carlos Dunlap (DE – Florida)
Dunlap declaring could be a blessing for the Falcons, in that his talent and potential is as high as anyone I can remember, or it could be the lead step in a first round bust. Dunlap’s motor definitely runs hot and cold, and he has not shown a killer instinct every time he touches the field, but when he turns it on he is almost unstoppable, and at times shows flashes of being unblockable. I fully expect him to turn heads at the combine (Al Davis anyone), and he could go anywhere from the top ten to the second round, should he not go top ten I would fully expect Atlanta to jump on Derrick Morgan if he falls, or possibly J.P.P., with a corner like Patrick Robinson, OLB like Weatherspoon or Kindle being a possibility as well, but Dunlap has the most potential of any defensive end in the draft, and Mike Smith will get the most out of Dunlap.

20 – Houston – C.J. Spiller (RB – Clemson)
Has a Gary Kubiak team ever drafted a running back in the first round? No (at least not that I can remember)… Is Steve Slaton going to fumble the Texans a game or two out of the playoffs? Yes… Spiller is the best back in the draft, a threat to take it to the endzone any time he touches the ball, and a reliable third down back. Spiller will draw comparisons to Chris Johnson, and after an electrifying pro day, and combine Spiller could move up draft boards, regardless Spiller provides the Texans with a game breaking back to fully open up the offense. Spiller is a triple threat, running, catching, returning and can take over a game by himself. Chances are someone will take him before the Texans pick at 20.

21 – Cincinnati – Jermaine Gresham (TE – Oklahoma)
Gresham checks out medically, and re-establishes as the premier tight end in the draft. A capable blocker, Gresham is a receiving threat who knows how to get open, and find soft spots in the defense, giving Cincy a tight end capable of openning up the offense, taking some of the pressure receivers and provides Palmer with the option he has lacked since entering the league. Mike Brown might not be a fan of drafting Tight Ends in the first round, and does not have a history of doing so, but he needs to look no further than the two offenses in the super bowl to see the relevance of the position in todays offenses, and how it can expand an offenses capabilities. I.E. Clark and Shockey both first round picks at the tight end position. One thing is certain, Carson Palmer would be a very happy guy. The Bengal’s can certainly use a safety, in which case Taylor Mays and Chad Jones become intersting options, and a deep threat wide reciever, neither of which for me address the primary need to opening the middle of opposition defenses, which Graham does.

22 – New England – Sergio Kindle (OLB – U. Texas)
New England upgrades the pass rush with the ultra talent Kindle, who should have no troubles adapting to the 3-4 rush backer, exactly what the Patriots need. Kindle I thought put on a display in the championship game that will leave a lasting impression on scouts and build positive momentum heading into the draft and Kindle could end up back in the top half of the draft as it approaches.

23 – Green Bay – Bruce Campbell (LT – Maryland)
Chad Clifton being 34 next year, and being injured most of this year, make this
decision/choice easy. Campbell is full of potential, has great feet (when they are on the field), and athleticism. The Packers offensive leaders will help get the most out of Campbell, who will help the offense maximize its potential.

24 – Philadelphia – Brandon Graham (DE – Michigan)
A relentless motor, hard worker, with excellent strength, and pure football instincts will fit in well opposite Trent Cole. A fan favorite, who is productive, and always gives 110%. There is a good chance Graham will be gone before the Eagles ever have a chance to snatch him up. I am getting the feeling more and more that Graham will be gone by this point come April…

25 – Baltimore – Arrelious Benn (WR – U. Illinois)
Talented receiving option who has been poorly utilized at Illinois. Benn gives Flacco a true number one recieving threat, and option outside of Mason and Heap who cannot play forever. Or can they… Benn’s size, speed and measurables make him an impact player that Baltimore cannot pass up.

26 – Arizona – Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB – TCU)
Hughes (DE/OLB – TCU)Hughes is an athletically gifted producer, who could be molded into a great pass rusher in the Cardinals 3-4 scheme. Hughes is talented and a strong combine in addition to pre-draft work outs could put his stock into the top half of the draft, or result into him falling into the second round. I think his production and athleticism do not let him fall past Arizona at 26. Between retirement and age, the Cardinals are hurting at OLB.

27 – Dallas – Mike Iupati (G/T – Idaho)
Easily the best guard in the draft, could possibly play right tackle, either way provides flexibility along the offensive line, and best value at this point in the draft. The Dallas offensive line is starting to get older, and with no LT left deamed worthy of this pick, Doug Free showing some potential, Jerry Jones goes with the best lineman left, and takes the beefy guard from Idaho. I would not be surprised to see a safety here if one of the top three fall or Chad Jones blows up the combine, but for now Iupati is too hard to resist.

28 – San Diego – Jahvid Best (RB – Cal)
L.T. is looking more and more like a goner by the day, even publically stating his beliefthat it is so, and Darren Sproles coming off his franchise tag, the running back situation in San Diego is murky at best (no pun intended). Jahvid Best is a threat to take it to the every time he touches the ball, a capable pass catcher, and well rounded talent who could start for the Chargers immediately and help the offense not skip a beat.

29 – N.Y.J – Jared Odrick (DE/DT – P.S.U.)
Odrick is an athletic, penetrating defensive tackle who transitions to defensive end for the Jets, replacing one the two aging ends in Douglas and Ellis or rotating into thedefensive line for now. Odrick was an absolute force at Penn State, and demonstrated he is capable of success as a 3-4 end at the senior bowl. With his ability to get off the snap and be disruptive in the opponents backfield, he will fit right in with the Jets

30 – Minnesota – Chad Jones (S – L.S.U.)
As physical and Laron Laundry, and better in coverage, Jones can play either safety spot and instantly help the secondary in run support, and coverage. Very instinctual, and having excellent football sense, Jones is my third rated safety and could go higherdepending on pre draft workouts.

31 – Indianapolis – Sean Weatherspoon (LB – Mizzu.)
Weatherspoon provides the Colts with a true playmaker at OLB for the Colts, and keeps to the team speed concept. With his ability to play the run and pass very well, Weatherspoon’s value is too much for the Colts to pass up. Indianapolis could go LT, but with no true value at this pick do not reach, Brian Price fills the need DT and will be very tough to pass on if he falls to this spot. I look for the Colts to continue with their history of letting LB’s move on, and fill the void in this draft.

32 – New Orleans – Taylor Mays (S – U.S.C.)
Mays instantly upgrades the Saints defense, allows for flexibilty in the secondary and will get some time to learn from one of the best safeties of this generation. Mays offers improved run support, while providing range, and capability in coverage, and in time could form a terrific pairing with Malcom Jenkins (who I believe is a better fit at safety). In Mays the Saints go with the best player available. With Grant getting up there in age, and injuries becoming a concern, defensive end is a real possibility, as is OLB as usual, if a DT falls to them, they might jump all over it, but the Saints take the ultra talented Mays, and a solid value at the end of the first round. If the Saints look to add a DE to reinforce the pass rush, they could go Griffen with this pick. I think the Saints will use free agency to address the need at DT, and bring in someone with some experience to fill the void for a year.

Round 2

33 – St. Louis – Golden Tate (WR – Notre Dame)
Tate knows Clausen, and Clausen is comfortable throwing to Tate. The Rams receivers are nothing to write home about, and a Tate/Avery combination gives Clausen a chance.

34 – Detroit – Vladimir Ducasse (G/T – Umass)
I had not realized how bleak the guard situation in Detroit was until I really looked into it. Thanks Lions fans… Without trading into the first round I do not believe there is any chance Iupati falls into the second at this point, but the Lions get the number two guard in the draft who could play tackle down the road. A corner is not out of the realm of possibility here.

35 – Tampa Bay – Everson Griffen (DE –U.S.C.)
The Bucs get a potential steal, and drafts the talented Griffen who pairs up with McCoy to provide a upgraded defensive front.

36 – Washington – Washington – Maurkice Pouncey (C/G – Florida)
Continuing with there BPA philosophy, Shanny continues to build his offensive line with a replacement for Rabach who will be 33 when the season gets underway next year. Two former Bills starting at guard is never good and could be addressed as well, Pouncey offers flexibilty and could potentially play guard as well. Pouncey is not a personal favorite of mine but seems to have worked himself into the second round mix.

37 – Kansas City – Brandon Spikes (MLB – Florida)
With Iupati and Ducasse gone, Kansas City looks to continue upgrading the defense with Spikes, who falls to them in the second round after passing on McClain in the first.

38 – Seattle – Nate Allen (FS – U.S.F.)
Allen provides the Seahawks with a playmaker in coverage. Allen has good instincts, football IQ, and reacts very well to what he sees.

39 – Cleveland – Ricky Sapp (OLB/DE – Clemson)
Pass rusher who along with Haden dramatically improves the defense as a whole. A first round value who slips into the second round.

40 – Oakland – Kyle Wilson (CB – Boise St.)
With no offensive or defensive lineman left worth picking at this point the Raiders take Wilson to play opposite Asomugha and lock down coverage.

41 – Buffalo – Eric Norwood (OLB – S. Carolina)
More of a 4-3 OLB to me, who excels in the pass rush, which is why I believe he could adapt to the 3-4 rush backer opposite Maybin. Norwood has drawn comparisons to James Harrison, and at 252 pounds could also play inside next to Posluszny.

42 – Tampa Bay (Via Chicago) – Damian Williams (WR – U.S.C.)
With defense being address with the first two picks, the draft looks to go on the offensive and with all the potential turn over at wide receiver, the Bucs look to add a weapon forFreeman.

43 – New England (Via Jacksonville) – Arthur Jones (DE/DT – Syracuse)
An upgrade over Green, and depth along the defensive line.

44 – Miami – Rob Gronkowski (TE – Arizona)
With no pass rushing OLB’s, FS’s, or ILB’s worth this pick, the Dolphins chose not to reach and opt for the ultra-talented tight end who is a capable run blocker and more than capable force in the pass game.

45 – San Francisco – Mardy Gilyard (WR – Cinci)
Too much value to pass up, helps in the return game, and could be an outstanding slot receiver, or number two if Morgan slips. Stock is on the rise and Gilyard helps the 49ers offense become leathal, and plays a part in the return game.

46 – Denver – Mike Johnson (G – Alabama)
Upgrade over Kuper, solid in the run and pass. Johnson does nothing spectacularly, but does everything very well, and is an intelligent football player.

47 – N.Y.G. – Reshad Jones (S – Georgia)
Having passed on Mays in the first, the Gmen find Jones sitting ripe for the taking in the second and pair him with Phillips to form a safety combination with some teeth. Jones is diverse enough to play either spot, but looks to be a SS in New York, and is capable enough in coverage to allow Phillips to roam and make plays.

48 – New England (Via Tennessee) – Ryan Mathews (RB – Fresno St.)
Ultra productive, helps stabilize the Patriots backfield. Deceptively fast, similar to Ray Rice, is more capable of out running defenders than he is given credit for. A guard like Jon Asamoah, or Roger Saffold (flexiblity at G/T) could be options in this spot.

49 – Carolina – Greg Hardy (DE – Ole Miss)Opposite Peppers, Hardy will be free to hopefully not get injured and live up to his potential, falls over injury concerns, potential is too much to pass up for Carolina. Allows Carolina to rotate Everette Brown in on third downs to spell Peppers or Hardy and not lose anything on the pass rush. Hardy is not doing himself any favors early in the pre-draft process, and it would not surprise me if he fell even farther come draft time. With Peppers being uncertain as to whether or not he stays, this pick makes more sense.

50 – Pittsburgh – Patrick Robinson (CB – Florida State)Robinson slips into the second round and Pittsburgh takes the number two rated corner over on some boards, Robinson is very good in coverage, maybe the most fluid corner in the draft, and provides much needed secondary help immediatly.

51 – Kansas City (Via Atlanta) – Brandon Lang (OLB/DE – Troy)
This could be too high for Lang who appears to be falling down draft boards, but the Chiefs need someone to take some of the pressure off Hali in the pass rush.

52 – Houston – Larry Asante (S – Nebraska)
Asante gives the Texans a well rounded safety with good instincts and football sense. Asante teams up with Pollard stabilizing the safety spots in the Texans secondary.

53 – Cincinnati – Morgan Burnett (S – G.T.)
Greatest value while filling in a need.

54 – New England – Brandon Lafell (WR – L.S.U.)
A terrific option as the number two receiver opposite Moss, and is a better option than Sam Aiken, allows Edleman and Welker when he comes back to work from the slot.

55 – Green Bay – Perrish Cox (CB – Ok. St.)
Cox falls right into the Packers lap and gives Green Bay a future when the geriatric ward corner finally moves on. Cox is an absolute steal at this point in the draft, and could start in place of Al Harris from day one.

56 – Philadelphia – Navorro Bowman (LB – Penn. St.)
Extremely instinctual, and fills a need, while being the best value for Phily. Bowman comes in and immediately pays dividends on the strong side in both the run and pass game for the Eagles.

57 – Baltimore – Donovan Warren (CB – Michigan)
Warren to me is a little under cooked, and could have used another year at Michigan, but the talent is there, and Baltimore gets a potential steal and well rounded corner to build with.

58 – Arizona – Charles Brown (LT – U.S.C.)
The Cardinals take the U.S.C. product, and a legitimate LT prospect to protect the former Trojan Lienart. Brown has talent, but adding a little weight will not hurt.

59 – Dallas – Corey Wootten (DE – Northwestern)
Dallas looks at safeties and settles with the best value at this spot, keep an eye on Alex Carrington who is full of raw talent and could solidify himself as a solid second rounder with combine that matches his senior bowl performance.

60 – San Diego – Ciron Black (RT – L.S.U.)
An upgrade over Dombrowski.

61 – N.Y.J. – Dominigue Franks (CB – Oklahoma)
A corner opposite Revis is a must, Lowery is a solid nickel back, and Sheppard’s best days appear to be a thing of the past.

62 – Minnesota – Colt McCoy (QB – Texas)
One eye on the future and year behind Favre could pay-off for the Vikings down the road. McCoy’s frame and build concern me, and watching Favre get battered around in the conference championship game would not make me comfortable if McCoy were to have to play in the near future.

63 – Indianapolis – Selvish Capers (LT – W.V.U)
Capers has the work ethic to mesh well with Manning, who will help Capers become more aware than anyone thought possible. Does Johnson get a contract offer the Colts wont match? Is he a better fit at guard?

64 – New Orleans – Roddrick Muckelroy (OLB – Texas)
At times this year Muckelroy was the best player in the Texas defense, and that is saying something. The Saints think about Veldheer at tackle, but opt to continue the building of defense. Shandle and Fujita are both turning 31 this year, and the Saints look to get younger with this pick at OLB.

Round 3

65 – St. Louis – Kyle Calloway (T – Iowa)
Looking at the Rams roster leaves me slightly dizzy, how did it come to this? Goldberg is a solid backup, but not a starter. Calloway should come in and compete for the starting RT spot from day one, and offers versatiliity at the tackle position.

66 – Detroit – Brandon Ghee (CB – W.F.)
Good value, good player, good pick overall.

67 – Tampa Bay – Jerome Murphy (CB – U.S.F.)
Murphy is an upgrade over nearly everyone at corner on the roster, and another building block on defense who offers flexibility in coverage.

68 – Washington – Forfeit

69 – Kansas City – Jason Fox (LT – Miami)
Having addressed the needs on defense (or at least most of them), the Chiefs go on the offensive, and take Fox to play LT, allowing them to move Albert where ever they wish. Fox needs some work, but has enough potential that someone could take him before this pick.

70 – Philadelphia (Via Seattle) – Darryl Washington (ILB – T.C.U.)
Jeremiah Trotter was signed out of retirement because the situation at ILB for the Eagles became so bleak… Washington comes in and with Bowman, and Graham provides team speed and playmaking ability that will help revitalize the Eagles defense.

71 – Cleveland – Demaryius Thomas (WR – G.T.)
Cleveland has some young guys with potential at wide out, however Thomas falls and the Browns snatch him up before he falls any further. Physically gifted, Thomas is a steal at pick 71.

72 – Oakland – Jared Veldheer (LT – Hillsdale)
A project who could develop into Russ… Grad… Los… Fry… whoevers personal bodyguard. Veldheer is athletic and could fit into Davis’s mold of athletic specimens. Veldheer could work his way into the second round mix, and has much to gain in the next two months.

73 – Buffalo – Alex Carrington (DE – Ark. St.)
After lighting up the Senior Bowl festivities, Carrington I believe did make a lot of money, after the combine he could make even more and be long gone before Buffalo has a chance to add this piece to their 3-4 puzzle. Carrington gives Buffalo 2 active hard working DE’s in their 3-4 scheme that now needs a true nose.

74 – Jacksonville – Tim Tebow (QB –Florida)
After not reaching for the Tebow in the first, the Jaguars are rewarded with him falling to them in the third. Tebow is given the time he needs to develop into a functional NFL passer in Jacksonville, or L.A. Will someone reach on Tebow in the 1st or 2nd round? Most likely, just not me.

75 – Chicago – Jon Asamoah (G – Illinois)
When I see the Bears current depth chart, and the guards within set depth chart, I think of vommiting... Weird I know…. Asamoah drops due to the depth in the draft, and could come April be gone in the second round before the Bears pick in the third.

76 – Miami – Cam Thomas – (DT – U.N.C.)
With no pass rusher fitting the value/need profile, the Dolphins look to upgrade the Nose position with the rising Thomas, and look to Cameron Wake to develop into the replacement for Porter that he should be. Major Wright will be looked at in this scenerio as well.

77 – San Francisco – Kareem Jackson - (CB – Alabama)
Jackson’s stock is on the rise and this could be a steal, with Clements closer to the end than prime of his career (ditto Bly), Spencer having a history of injury concerns, and Tarell Brown being an uncertainty, corner presents itself as a need. Jackson fills that need with value and the 9ers defense gets closer to being elite.

78 – Denver – J.D. Walton (C – Baylor)
Casey Wiegmann is 37 next season, and Ben Hamilton is 34…

79 – N.Y.G. – Matt Tennant (C – B.C.)
Time to think of the future along the offensive line and Tennant is an excellent value.

80 – Tennessee – Devin McCourty (CB – Rutgers)
A solid all around corner, who plays the run well, and can make plays in
coverage as well. The twins are reunited in Tennessee, play the number two and nickel corners opposite Finnegan for the foreseable future.

81 – Carolina – Tyson Alualu (DT – Cal.)
Replaces the 35 year old Hollis Thomas, and has a frame that can carry more weight, and still maintain his athleticism. Alualu has excellent hands and a strong punch that will allow him to be a force on the Panthers defensive line.

82 – Pittsburgh – Major Wright (S – Florida)
A NFL Draft Countdown favorite, who I think is a little over rated right now, but would look good next to Troy, and helps stabilize the other safety spot.

83 – Atlanta – Amari Spievey (CB – Iowa)
Spievey could start from day one for the Falcons, and is an upgrade over the majority of current depth chart.

84 – Houston – Vince Oghobaase (/DT – Duke)
Replaces Cody after adding 20 pounds to his frame, which is not maxed out yet…

85 – Cincinnati – A.J. Edds (OLB – Iowa)
Always around the ball, always in position, just a solid dependable backer who can be counted on game in and game out. Allows Maluaga to move back inside and additionally forms one of the best linebacking cores in the league with Rivers in the future.

86 – Oakland (via N.E.) – Roger Saffold (G/T – Indiana)
Oakland continues to rebuild the offensive line, Saffold offers versatility being able to guard and possibly right tackle. After looking hard at DE’s and DT’s in this spot the Raiders take the value offensive lineman.

87 – Green Bay – Joe McKnight (RB – U.S.C.)
Having a need for a 3rd down and change of pace back to compliment Grant, KcKight is type of player who makes a excellent offense elite.

88 – Philadelphia – Jonathan Dwyer (RB – G.T.)
Dwyer should be gone at this point in the draft, and could see the first round, but in this mock falls for no particular reason other than it happens, and the Eagles could not be happier, and pick up a grinder who makes the running game two dimensional. Goal line situations with Dwyer and Weaver will not allow defensive coordinators to sleep well at night.

89 – Baltimore – Jimmy Graham (TE – Miami)
Surprise pick by the Ravens, but at 6’8” and as athletically gifted as he is, Graham could learn a lot from Heap, and then replace him down the road. Graham is a red zone nightmare for opponents

90 – Arizona – Dennis Pitta (TE – B.Y.U.)
Better than any tight end on the current roster, and more productive receiver who opens the passing game even more, if that is possible.

91 – Dallas – Darrell Stuckey (S – Kansas)
The safety situation in Dallas needs an upgrade, and Stuckey is the man for the job.

92 – San Diego –Kam Chancellor (S – Va. Tech.)
Starter from day one at SS.

93 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Aaron Hernandez (TE – Florida)
Robert Royal is a good run blocker, and that is it… Henandez is a good pass catcher, giving whomever is the QB in Cleveland a weapon in the passing game. Put them together and you get Jermaine Gresham.

94 – Minnesota – Montario Hardesty (RB – Tennessee)
Chester Taylor leaves in free agency and Montario steps in, a third round steal. Similar in style Hardesty allows for a smooth transition from Taylor in the Vikings backfield. Hardesty is a more talented runner than he is given credit for, although lately it looks like he is starting to get the credit he deserves.

95 – Indianapolis – Shawn Lauvao – (G – Ariz. St.)
Lauvao is solid in pass protection, and can enhance the ability in the run game when it is utilized.

96 – New Orleans – C.J. Wilson (DE – E.C.U.)
Productive, high motor that might run higher in the 4th quarter than in the first, and the type of player who gives a max effort every play no matter the score, and a player to keep your eye on as the draft process moves along.

Round 4

97 – Rams – Justin Cole (OLB – S.J.S)
Cole is an athletic talent, who is a better player than most realize. I believe he could take could fit any scheme and takes over for Paris Lenon from day one.

98 – Detroit – Jordan Shipley (WR – U. Texas)
Shipley may help Johnson become flat out scary, and can help on intermediate routes, and is a threat to stretch the field. Gives Stafford another option.

99 – Tampa Bay – Dexter McCluster (WR/RB – Ole. Miss.)
McCluster gives the Buccaneers a third down option out of the backfield, and general receiving threat all in one. McCluster, and Williams growning with Freeman could be a lethal combination in the near future.

100 – Washington – Zach Beadles (G – Utah)
Washington continue to build the offensive line of the future and picks up good fit in Beadles in the forth round. Not the top guard, but fits the scheme and is an excellent value in the forth round.

101 – Kansas City – Ed Dickson (TE – Oregon)
Dickson’s value is too much for the Chiefs to pass up, he enhances the passing game, Giing the franchise an outlet when recievers are covered down the field that he has not had since arriving in K.C.

102 – Seattle – Lamarr Houston (DT – Texas)
Active under tackle who filts in perfectly with Cole to give the Seahawks an excellent interior defensive line. Houston has a non-stop motor and will fit in well to Carroll’s defensive scheme and is an excellent value.

103 – Cleveland – Mitch Petrus (G – Arkansas)
Takes over for the 33 year old, out of position “Honey Buns” and starts from day one as the starter at right guard. Petrus is one of the least talked about, most underated players in the draft to me, and has the ability to open holes in the run game, and hold his ground in pass protection.

104 – Oakland – Lindsey Witten (DE – U. Conn.)
Oakland gets a potential steal in the fourth round, Witten enhances the pass rush, and has shown the ability to make plays in the backfield in the run game, needs to add some weight, and has the frame to do so.

105 – Buffalo – Micah Johnson (ILB – Kentucky)
Buffalo continues to take personnel to fit their new 3-4 defense, and with the status of Mitchell being uncertain, Johnson becomes the “thumper” that compliments Posluszny perfectly inside.

106 – Chicago – Trevard Lindley (CB – Kentucky)
Injuries slowed Lindley down this year, but he fits into the scheme for the Bears, and helps the secondary improve as a whole.

107 – Jacksonville – Sergio Render (G – Va. Tech.)
Render starts at guard, and allows for changes to be made along the interior offensive
line.

108 – Miami – Moa Misi (OLB/DE – Utah)
A Sporano type of guy who gives a 100% effort all the time, strong with excellent quickness and pass rush ability.

109 – San Francisco – Jermainne Cunningham (OLB/DE – Florida)
The 49ers get a edge rusher that they have been looking for in the draft, and good value
in the fourth round.

110 – Denver – Geno Atkins (DE/DT)
Poor man’s Richard Seymour, and an upgrade on the defensive line.

111 – N.Y.G. - Pat Angerer (ILB – Iowa)
Pierce was a good player, but on the down slope of a productive career, Angerer is a better option than Goff looking toward the future and a excellent value at this point in the draft.

112 – Tennessee – Larry Hart (OLB C. Arkansas)
Very instinctual playmaker, can get pressure on the QB, good in coverage and quick in
space.

113 – Carolina – Tony Pike (QB – Cincy)
A steal in the fourth round. Reminds me a lot of Bradford, and could compete with Delhomme and Moore to start opening day.

114 – Pittsburgh – Ted Larson (C – N.C. State)
One eye on the future.

115 – Atlanta – Rennie Curran (LB – Georgia)
All this guy does is make tackles and eliminate the oppositions running game, making one play after another in the opponents backfield. The Falcons could go with a DT like Mike Neal to provide depth, and rotational stability, but opt for the value in Curran.

116 – Houston – Eric Olsen (C – Notre Dame)
Myers is not the long term answer at center, Olsen could start from day one.

117 – Cincinnati – John Jerry (G/T – Ole. Miss.)
An option at guard or right tackle, Jerry offers diversity, and will help open holes for Bengals backs, the same as he did in Ole. Miss. A good fit with Cincinnati’s power run schemes.

118 – New England – Tony Washington (LT/G – Abilene Christian)
Washington is an interesting prospect, who could go as high as the second round, and will need a strong showing in the combine. Washington could take over for Kaczur or Light at tackle in the future, and could possibly fit in a guard.

119 – Green Bay – Eric Decker (WR – Minnesota)
Under rated and a steal in the fourth round, Decker falls due to injuries his senior year. Green Bay looks toward the future without Donald Driver (who is 35 and has to slow down at some point…) with the best player available left on their board.

120 – Philadelphia – Javier Arenas (CB – Alabama)
I personally can’t stand Macho Harris, or his inability to return kicks, Arenas helps the return game, and provides depth at corner in the secondary.

121 – Baltimore – Dezmon Briscoe (WR – Kansas)
Ravens go BPA, and continue to give Flacco the weapons he needs to expand the offense in the passing game.

122 – Arizona – Dan LeFevour (QB – Central Michigan)
Leinart hasn’t shown that he is the man. LeFevour is accurate, has a quick release, display’s an excellent passion for the game, and is athletic, capable of throwing on the run.

123– Dallas – Syd’Quan Thompson (CB – Cal.)
Thompson comes in and helps in nickel and dime situations immediately, could be the long term replacement for Newman who is 32 next year, and with some growth could be an excellent #2 opposite Jenkins. An under rated ballhawk, who’s stock is slipping for some reason unknown to me, but a strong combine will make the a excellent value pick.

124 – San Diego – Will Barker (T/G – Virginia)
Provides depth at tackle, and could be diverse enough play guard with his size and frame, giving the Chargers depth at guard as well.

125 – Philadelphia (via N.Y.J.) – Brandon Carter (G – Texas Tech.)
The Eagles like bigger guards and take the biggest guard in the draft, who gets good push in the run game, and considering his size is fairly athletic in pass protection.

126 – Minnesota – Reggie Stephens (G – Iowa St.)
Minnesota’s guards are starting to get a little long in the tooth, and Stephens provides depth and with some development could be a starter in a couple years.

127 – Indianapolis – Sean Lee (ILB – Penn. St.)
Injury concerns result in Lee slipping into the fourth round and the Colts going BPA who fills a need, if Brackett takes the money elsewhere.

128 – New Orleans – Jevan Snead (QB – Ole. Miss)
The second string QB is 40, and third stringer Chase Daniel was released from the Redskins in September, and for my money does not have the arm to make the throws in Paytons system. Snead needs time to develop (accuracy and football IQ), but playing behind Brees for the next half decade should allow Snead all the time he needs to reach his potential. Coming out this year was a mistake in my mind, and another year in school would have helped him tremendously. Snead could prove me wrong and coming early be a smart decision, only time will tell.

Round 5

129 – St. Louis - Mike Neal (DT – Purdue)
Having addressed the offensive side of the ball throughout the early part of this draft the Rams look to go defense with this pick, and end up with a fifth round steal in Mike Neal, who knows how to get into opponents backfields and make plays, fitting the Rams scheme perfectly.

130 – Detroit – Toby Gerhart (RB – Stanford)
Gerhart falls, and Detroit could not be happier. Gerhart’s attitude and work ethic will mesh very well with Schwartz, and provide the Lions with an excellent 1-2 punch in the backfield. Many think Gerhart will be taken in the second or third round, and that is where I believe his value to be, he just happens to fall in this mock.

131 – Tampa Bay – Kendrick Lewis (S – Ole. Miss.)
A replacement for Piscitelli at SS in the Bucs secondary, and absolute steal in the fifth round, Lewis is a player who could help himself significantly with a strong combine.

132 – Washington – Joique Bell (RB – Wayne St.)
Bell improved his stock significantly at the Senior Bowl, showing excellent natural running ability, and himself to be a capable back in pass protection and catching the ball. James Starks and Ben Tate could be good fits as well.

133 – Kansas City – Riley Cooper (WR – Florida)
After serious consideration with Myron Lewis and Chris Cook at corner, both of whom could also help out at safety, the Chiefs continue their mid round upgrade of the offense, and take Cooper who can stretch the field opposite Bowe.

134 – Seattle – Austen Lane (DE – Murray St.)
Size and athleticism help Lane make an impact in his first year in Seattle. The Senior Bowl hurt his stock a little, but he still has a lot of upside, and will benefit from a year behind, or learing from Patrick Kerney.

135 – Cleveland – Charles Scott (RB – L.S.U.)
The perfect complitment to Harrison, and will help hammer opposing defenses. Another excellent value in the fifth round.

136 – Oakland – D’Anthony Smith (DT – La. Tech.)
Needs some seasoning, but his athleticism makes him tough to pass on.

137 – Buffalo – Linval Joseph (DT – E.C.U.)
Active nose tackle with a good motor, Joseph needs to keep his pad level down in order to be effective, but has the ability to do so, frame to add some weight and become the rock in the middle of the new 3-4 defense. It’ll be interesting to see if Buffalo spends the money on a big time free agent DT this offseason.

138 – Jacksonville - Myron Lewis (CB – Vanderbilt)
Lewis falls and Jacksonville looks at him as the ultimate value/need pick. Lewis can help in nickel coverage, could play safety, and with Mathis missing more and more time due to injuries over the last three years could become a valuable second corner.

139 – Chicago – George Selvie (DE – U.S.F.)
Selvie comes in a situational pass rusher, and helps make up for the terrible loss of Gaines Adams.

140 – Kansas City (via Miami) – T.J. Ward (S – Oregon)
Starter from day one at SS. Good value in the fifth.

141 – San Fransisco – Chris Scott (G/T – Tennessee)
Depth at guard and tackle. Scott was nimble enough to play tackle in the SEC, but for me projects to guard in the NFL. Combine could raise his stock.

142 – Detroit (via Denver) – Chris Cook (CB/S – U.Virginia)
Cook has the size the Lions are looking for at corner, and offers flexibility in possibly transitioning to safety as well. Cook and Ghee should both see extensive time on the field and improve as the season goes along.

143 – N.Y.G – Kevin Haslem (RT – Rutgers)
An eye on the future, and depth along the offensive line.

144 – Tennessee – Thomas Austin (C/G – Clemson)
Austin provides depth at center and could project to guard, and is insurance just in case Mawae and Amano depart.

145 – Kansas City (via Carolina) – Chet Teofilo (G – Cal.)
Insurance at guard with Smith having injury concerns, and Waters turning 33 this month.

146 – Pittsburgh – Willie Young (OLB/DE – N.C. State)
Depth behind Harrison and Woodley, Young could develop in time similarly to Harrison, and one day become a starter.

147 – Atlanta – Garrett Graham (TE – Wisconsin)
Life after T-Gonz. does not seem so bleak, Graham is a willing blocker, who knows how to get open, and can help move the sticks.

148 – Houston - Danario Alexander (WR – Mizzu)
Alexander provides Schuab another big target in the passing game oposite Johnson, and Walter and Andreson to be used flexibly.

149 – Cincinnati – Walter McFadden (CB – Auburn)
Nickel/Dime corner with a knack for making the big play.

150 – Tampa Bay (via N.E.) – Ben Tate (RB – Auburn)
With the backfield questions in Tampa Bay a little insurance wouldn’t hurt, Tate can come in and contribute immediately if need be.

151 – Green Bay – O’Brien Schofield (OLB/DE - Wisconsin)
The Packers take an early flier on a guy who would likely have been taken much earlier than this if he had not torn up his knee during Senior Bowl practice. Schofield flashed lots of potential and has enough upside to provide a pass rush opposite Matthews in the years to come to justify this pick.

152 – St. Louis (via Philly) – James Starks (RB – U. Buffalo)
Starks was on the rise before his injury and I believe would have been taken well before this pick had he played this season. Starks is a solid change of pace back to Jackson, is a capable blocker, and very good reciever out of the backfield.

153 – Baltimore – Brandon Deaderick (DE – Alabama)
Deaderick showed flashes of potential throughout the season, and when he made plays they were often big ones. For Baltimore he comes in as a rotational player, who could start down the road.

154 – Arizona – Thaddeus Gibson (OLB – Ohio St.)
Tweener 3-4/4-3 OLB, who could provide some youth to the pass rush with Hughes.

155 – Oakland (via Dallas, via Denver) – Joe Hawley (C – U.N.L.V.)
Hawley has an NFL body at center, and plays with smarts and intenstiy. The Raiders continue to address their offensive line of the future.
I am still not sure who this pick truly belongs to, having seen it be Oakland’s, Detroit’s (in which case the pick remains the same), and New England’s, and I have no clue so if anyone can tell me who, what, where and when, I would appreciate it!

156 – San Diego – Kade Weston (DT – Georgia)
Jamal Williams replacement of the future, or present if he deciedes to retire. Jacoby Ford is hard to pass up, but the nose tackle spot takes president over the depth at receiver.

157 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Myron Rolle (S – F.S.U.)
Rolle could potentially play either safety spot, has a superior intellect, and showed at the Senior Bowl that he can still cover. A potential steal in the fifth round, who’s could raise his stock as high as the 2nd round if he shows up at the combine and impresses like he did at the senior bowl.

158 – Minnesota – Dekoda Watson (OLB – F.S.U.)
Watson walks into the right situation in Minnesota, who gives him the time needed to reach his potential.

159 – Indianapolis – Jason Worlids (DE – Va. Tech.)
With the Super Bowl showing to the world the importance of a pass rush in the cover two, the Colts wait to address the situation until round 5, but get a player capable of helping in a pinch.

160 – Philadelphia (via N.O.) – Kurt Coleman (S – Ohio St.)
Coleman is not doing himself any favors at this point in the pre-draft process, a strong combine will help, but right now is an upgrade over Macho Harris at Free Safety.

Best of the rest.

Jacoby Ford (WR – Clemson)
Sean Canfield – (QB – Oregon St.)
Barry Church – (S – Toledo)
Akwai Owusu-Ansah – (CB – Indiana (PA))
Anthony Dixon – (RB – Miss. St.)
Jeremy Williams – (WR – Tulane)
Freddie Barnes – (WR – Bowling Green)
Colin Peek – (TE – Alabama)
Nathan Overbay – (TE – Eastern Washington)
Perry Riley – (OLB – L.S.U.)
Rico McCoy – (OLB – Tennessee)
Jamar Chaney – (ILB – Miss. St.)
Terrell Skinner – (S – Maryland)
Michael Hoomanawanui – (TE – Illinois)
Taylor Price – (WR – Ohio)
Mike McGlaughlin – (ILB – B.C.)
Robert Johnson – (S – Utah)
Jonathon Amaya – (S- Nevada)
Darryl Sharpton – (OLB – Miami)
Boo Robinson – (DT – Wake Forrest)
Earl Mitchell – (DT – Arizona)
John Estes – (C – Hawaii)
Jarrett Brwon – (QB – W.V.)
Levi Brown – (QB – Troy)
LaGarrette Blount – (RB – Oregon)
Michael Smith – (RB – Arkansas)
Rashawn Jackson – (FB – Virginia)
Manase Tonga – (FB – B.Y.U)
Dorin Dickerson – (H-Back – Pitt.)
Adam Ulatowski – (T – Texas)
Sam Young – (T – Notre Dame)
Dace Richardson – (T – Iowa)

Nalej
02-16-2010, 09:49 AM

This is a great draft for the Pats. All these positions are of need and LaFell is a steal at the end of the 2nd.
If the Pats don't resign L.Bodden then I can see the Pats grabbing P.Robinson instead of R.Matthews.

Great job

thebow305
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
With what's left on the board, I could see Dez being a slight possibility, only because JPP and McClain are both off the board. I still see Derrick Morgan as the more likely pick there. But I'd obviously be just fine with Dez being the pick there.

As for the rest of the draft, I don't agree with the 2nd round pick, or the reasoning. You say there are no OLB's worthy of that pick, but Greg Hardy would certainly fit that bill there. Cam Thomas is a solid pick in the 3rd. Then in the 4th, since I would draft Hardy in the 2nd, Chris Cook from Virginia would make for a solid free safety pick there.

Here's my Phins draft:

1. Dez Bryant
2. Greg Hardy
3. Cam Thomas
4. Chris Cook

DiG
02-16-2010, 10:04 AM
9/10 for the Skins draft. Love all the picks but in the 4th I think it would be really hard to pass on Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, Sydquan, or Micah Johnson for Beadles given the value those other guys would be.

noondog
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
That is a great Lions mock. Well done.

wicket
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
good job on the five rounder, however for the saints:
first round pick is suprising (since mays usually doesnt reach) but is good times. welcome to the cover 1 D.
second, third and fourth all make little sense:
change the second rounder to darryl washington, saints need a wlb, not a slb (which muckelroy is).
third rounder: change to lamarr houston, better value + slightly bigger need=better pick
fourth rounder not my favourite pick and id rathr use it on someone like d'antonio smith

vidae
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Eh, decent KC mock, but our biggest offensive needs are C/G and we don't touch one until the 5th? Can't let that happen.

FlyingElvis
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Great overall draft and definitely a great Pats draft.

Blount or Jacoby Ford in round 6 to NE and I'd be stoked.

Chester Taylor to NE in free agency and then we can skip Matthews and fill another need, maybe? :D

gdamac
02-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I love the McClain pick, but give the Raiders Greg Hardy in the 2nd.

marshallb
02-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Very good Vikings mock. Love Chad Jones, Colt McCoy is good, fills a huge need with good value, Hardesty in the 3rd is perfect. 4th fills another big need, although I don't know much about Stephens. Watson is ok in the 5th.

Poz51
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM

This is a great draft for the Pats. All these positions are of need and LaFell is a steal at the end of the 2nd.
If the Pats don't resign L.Bodden then I can see the Pats grabbing P.Robinson instead of R.Matthews.

Great job

I thought so, I tried to work in offensive line earlier but it didnt work out, I thought about Bodden, and despite my dislike for Whittle as well as Wheatley and Springs being... Well old... am operating under the assumption that Bodden comes back, and Butler takes over the second corner spot next year, and they are content for now at corner, although I was really fighting the desire to go with cox in the second... Thanks for the feedback!

Poz51
02-16-2010, 11:42 AM
With what's left on the board, I could see Dez being a slight possibility, only because JPP and McClain are both off the board. I still see Derrick Morgan as the more likely pick there. But I'd obviously be just fine with Dez being the pick there.
My question is do you think Morgan can drop into coverage, or man up on anyone??
I know Parcels history, and personally I hope that the Dolphins dont end up with Bryant, but the value he brings, plus teams having to respect him coverage wise, in addition to openning up the run game for the Dolphins make him a no brainner for me, especially if he falls, but that is my opinion. Im not sure why so many people on this board feel like Morgan is a fit at 3-4 OLB, after watching Stanzi out run him, I wouldnt want him covering anyone, but that is my opinion, love him as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB...

As for the rest of the draft, I don't agree with the 2nd round pick, or the reasoning. You say there are no OLB's worthy of that pick, but Greg Hardy would certainly fit that bill there. Cam Thomas is a solid pick in the 3rd. Then in the 4th, since I would draft Hardy in the 2nd, Chris Cook from Virginia would make for a solid free safety pick there.
Again, do you think Greg Hardy can drop into coverage, or man up on anyone??
The only guy I see as a possibiliy at that point in the draft is Brandon Lang, and I though that he was a real stretch for K.C., and Hardy is another guy I see as stricktly a 4-3 DE, I reference Robert Ayers last year, 4-3 DE who was tried at 3-4 OLB and fell way short of making the transition. Its becoming a passing league, and if the Dolphins address the passing game, their running becomes more leathel. Fasano at TE is servicable, but Gronkowski is just as good in the run game and a drastic improvement in the passing attack, and Gronkowski and Bryant to me would open up the running game, and give Henne viable options in the passing game. Moa Misi is a steal in the third, and will likely be reached on in the second, and would make sense there as well, but For me Grankowski is a much better value.

Here's my Phins draft:

1. Dez Bryant
2. Greg Hardy
3. Cam Thomas
4. Chris Cook

This is all my opinion, but I appreciate the feed back, and certainly will keep the dialogue open.

Poz51
02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
9/10 for the Skins draft. Love all the picks but in the 4th I think it would be really hard to pass on Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, Sydquan, or Micah Johnson for Beadles given the value those other guys would be.

I think it makes sense for the Skins, although I did not have any thoughts on the players you mentioned in regards to the Skins, but see the value you mention, and think Thompson would be a fit, although I liked Beadles being a good fit with the zone blocking scheme, but was considering Jeff Byers and Dorian Brooks as well. Thanks for the input, I will certainly entertain it!

Beans
02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
A beauty of a Bucs mock. Well done

Poz51
02-16-2010, 11:48 AM

I thought so, filled needs, and had good value top to bottom. I appreciate it!!

Poz51
02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
good job on the five rounder, however for the saints:
first round pick is suprising (since mays usually doesnt reach) but is good times. welcome to the cover 1 D.
second, third and fourth all make little sense:
change the second rounder to darryl washington, saints need a wlb, not a slb (which muckelroy is).
third rounder: change to lamarr houston, better value + slightly bigger need=better pick
fourth rounder not my favourite pick and id rathr use it on someone like d'antonio smith

Thanks, Mays usually doesnt reach, but every year players fall, and I just had him falling in this mock right into the Saints laps, and playing behind/with Sharper will do wonders for Mays in my opninion. I have Muckleroy as a WLB, which I believe he played at Texas (Kindle at SLB most of the time), with his speed, strength and intelligence I think he could play either spot and be an asset, Washington would be a good fit too. The third round I would agree that DT is maybe a bigger need, and could see them taking Houston, I think that they can fill the need at DT later in the draft (Earl Mitchell, Boo Robinson) or free agency better than they could DE, and with Charles Grant underperforming went with a DE of the future. I can see your point though. In the forth I almost went DT, and probably should have, but with Brunell being a relic of the past, and my lack of faith in Danial to be an NFL QB, I though Snead was a good value, considering he could sit behind Brees for a couple of years. But again can see your point. Thanks for the input :)

Pat Sims 90
02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Pretty Bad Bengals Draft No WR that is one of our biggest needs. Mike Brown will most likely not take a TE in the 1st Round. He would not Pass on Mays he loves Defensive Players from Big Schools and loves USC. OLB and CB are not big needs epecially a nickel or dime corner

1.Taylor Mays
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.Jimmy Graham
4.John Jerry
5.Thaddeus Gibson
Would be more realistic mock for the bengals

ravensman20
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Ravens draft= A+ times 1000, absolutely perfect

prock
02-16-2010, 12:53 PM
THIS is probably as close to ideal as a mock can get for the Vikings. Love the first three, and am fine with the last two. One thing I question is your description of Chad Jones.

30 – Minnesota – Chad Jones (S – L.S.U.)
As physical and Laron Laundry, and better in coverage, Jones can play either safety spot and instantly help the secondary in run support, and coverage. Very instinctual, and having excellent football sense, Jones is my third rated safety and could go higherdepending on pre draft workouts.

I question this: if he is just as physical as Landry, and is better and coverage, and Laron went 6th overall, why does Chad Jones fall this far? I am just curious. I personally think he is similar to Landry as well, but I am intriguied by the fact that you think he is better than a guy who was picked 6th overall. Chad Jones is my 4th rated safety prospect.

Poz51
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Eh, decent KC mock, but our biggest offensive needs are C/G and we don't touch one until the 5th? Can't let that happen.

Taking Fox in the third allows Albert to move inside to guard, with the way values went I did not see a center that fit. Cant fill every need with the picks in the first five rounds... This draft gives the Chiefs the best safety in the draft (Instead of the best ILB and 5th best S), the second best insidle linebacker with the first two picks, then filled several needs, including pass rushing OLB, TE, WR, SS, LT, and G with what I though was good value, John Estes is available in the 6th with this mock, and Teofilo is no slouch at guard. Guess it all comes down to opinion...

akvikefan89
02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Chad Jones > Taylor Mays?

Poz51
02-16-2010, 01:24 PM
THIS is probably as close to ideal as a mock can get for the Vikings. Love the first three, and am fine with the last two. One thing I question is your description of Chad Jones.

I question this: if he is just as physical as Landry, and is better and coverage, and Laron went 6th overall, why does Chad Jones fall this far? I am just curious. I personally think he is similar to Landry as well, but I am intriguied by the fact that you think he is better than a guy who was picked 6th overall. Chad Jones is my 4th rated safety prospect.

Because that draft was not nearly as deep at safety, or in general (J. Russell, G. Adams, L. Brown, T. Ginn Jr., and J. Anderson were top ten picks) with B. Meriweather and M. Griffen being first round safeties, in addition to Weddle I believe being the only safety taken in the second, with Piscatelli and T. Jackson being the only other safeties in that draft that come to mind.
If Mays, Berry, Jones and Thomas were in that draft, I believe all of them would have been picked ahead of Landry. I also believe that this draft is obsurdly deep (outside of QB and pass rushing OLB) for the most part, and the second round is going to be littered with first round players (Cox, Griffen, Lafell, etc.) and the third round with second round talent, etc. Personally I think Jones is every bit the physical presence that Mays is but better in coverage (Not elite, but good none the less) and has superior instincts compaired to Mays, so he is my 3rd, might not be as freakish physically, or in terms of straight line speed, but he more than makes up for it in my book with the intangibles. Again its all my opinion, Jones is the guy I would take in that situation, and not even think twice.

Poz51
02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Chad Jones > Taylor Mays?

In my book... Better instincts in coverage, and just as physical, a little less freakish athletically, but makes up for in with intangibles.

Babylon
02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Seattle

Bradford, Bulaga, Nate Allen would probably give Seahawk fans some hope but for me i would wait till next year on a QB. I would add that if Seattle passed on Toby Gerhar in round 4 they'd be the stupidest organization around and i give Pete Carroll more credit than that.

RaiderNation
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Very, VERY good raiders draft

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 02:00 PM
You sure went heavy on the 3-4 transition picks after Davis. I don't mind not going for a QB if we don't go for one right away, but I might like a WR in there somewhere. Lafell, Williams, Decker and Briscoe are all pretty attractive in their respective rounds.

Legacy
02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Tampa Bay only has one 5th round pick. The third overall pick in the 5th round was traded to the Browns as part of the Kellen Winslow deal.

As for the rest of the Bucs draft, I like the first three picks.

I don't like Jerome Murphy (and I'm a USF fan). He makes far too many bone-headed plays for my liking. I'd prefer Devin McCourty, Amari Spievey, Tyson Alualu or Alex Carrington with that pick. Yes, some more defensive linemen on top of McCoy and Griffen. The Bucs D-Line is that bad.

As for McCluster, the Bucs have 4 runningbacks signed to the active roster and 1 on the practice squad. It's not a need at all unless they end up moving at least two of those guys off the team. Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, Syd'quan Thompson and Eric Decker would be better choices here.

Ben Tate... Same response as McCluster: 4 RBs currently on the roster. Unless something changes before draft day, that's a bad pick. Robert Johnson (S, Utah), Myron Rolle, Kurt Coleman or Dekoda Watson would be better picks.

BaLLiN
02-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Very below average giants draft.

Price i feel is valued ten picks or more later than 15, and has alot to be desired in the run game which is what needs to be improved.

Reshad jones is a 3rd rounder due inconsistent play although his potential could put him in late 2nd.

Tennant is good. Angerer is not that much of an improvement and mlb should be addressed earlier. Dont know the last person

BeerBaron
02-16-2010, 03:27 PM
That's not a bad Bears draft. I'd definitely take that without much complaint.

Scotty D
02-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Its really really good.

Abaddon
02-16-2010, 04:49 PM
8 – Oakland – Rolando McClain (LB – Alabama)

This would be the "sh/t bricks" pick of the draft for me, based simply on the fact that Al just doesn't think LBs are that important. He's never put a high value on the position come draft day, and unfortunately, I don't see that changing. Shame, too. McClain could potentially be for the Raiders everything you described, and the need for a new MLB is among the team's most glaring. The need for a sparkplug in the middle of an overall questionably motivated defense, at any position, is also apparent to even a casual observer.

As much as I long for the day Al falls over dead, I would give him tremendous credit for making such a great pick.

40 – Oakland – Kyle Wilson (CB – Boise St.)

If he can't get Haden in Rd1 (watch for a trade up), Wilson in Rd2 would be highly likely if he's on the board. I kinda doubt that he will be if his strong offseason continues, but I wouldn't hate the pick. It's a need, and it's not a pick being burned on some track star posing as a CB. (glares at Stanford Routt)

72 – Oakland – Jared Veldheer (LT – Hillsdale)

Small school that no one's ever heard of. Maybe a better athlete than football player at this point. Yep. Sounds like an Al pick to me.

Granted, I'd much prefer Carrington or Asamoah here, or Alualu for that matter. But, Al doesn't take my calls anymore, ya know?

86 – Oakland (via N.E.) – Roger Saffold (G/T – Indiana)

I'm just happy to see an offensive lineman drafted. I'm still in awe that Oakland didn't draft a single one last year.

Lamarr Houston would have been an interesting pick as well, but was probably passed on due to both Tommy Kelly and Richard Seymour being much better UTs than NTs, leaving Houston's role uncertain.

John Jerry has become a favorite of Raider fans leading up to this draft, but who the hell can even guess which OLs the Raiders like and don't like...or even what sort of blocking scheme they'll be using?

104 – Oakland – Lindsey Witten (DE – U. Conn.)

Can't hate it.

Could also see Koa Misi here if he's available and continues to show the ability to play LB. Not my ideal scenario to have both OLBs being converted DEs (Trevor Scott being the starting WILL/Elephant), but it couldn't be any worse than what we're seeing presently.

136 – Oakland – D’Anthony Smith (DT – La. Tech.)

Nice value.

155 – Oakland (via Dallas, via Denver) – Joe Hawley (C – U.N.L.V.)

Yes, this is Oakland's pick. They got it from NE as part of the Derrick Burgess trade.

21ST
02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
great redskins draft

Stranger
02-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Excellent Cards mock, good value at a position of need for every pick. You might want to consider MLB in future mocks since Dansby is pretty much guaranteed to leave and the situation is pretty dire behind him. FS could also be a consideration since there is a decent chance Rolle is gone and despite being a 3rd round pick last year Johnson hasn't shown anything.

26 – Arizona – Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB – TCU)

I like Hughes and OLB is definitely a huge need. If Porter ends up in Arizona Spikes or Mays/Jones would be good picks.

58 – Arizona – Charles Brown (LT – U.S.C.)

Good pick but Whiz and Grimm seem to favour bigger lineman who excel in the run game (Brown, Johnson and the late round/UFA guys they bring in always tend to be huge). Veldeer might be a darkhorse here.

90 – Arizona – Dennis Pitta (TE – B.Y.U.)

I like it.

122 – Arizona – Dan LeFevour (QB – Central Michigan)

I am a LeFevour fan but am a bit worried about his arm strength at the next level, especially since that is one of the major knocks on Leinart.

154 – Arizona – Thaddeus Gibson (OLB – Ohio St.)

The more edge rushers the better.

scar988
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
1) Dunlap? Kindle? don't even think of those 2 for Atlanta. we have actual character requirements. We won't take those 2 character issues. DE Brandon Graham, OLB Sean Weatherspoon, best 2 fits there. and Robinson isn't as good a fit at CB as Wilson is.
3) good pick.
4) DT is not even a depth need. so Neal wouldn't be in consideration here. That being said, good pick in Curran.
5) good pick

Rosebud
02-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I like the first two picks, in round 3 I think Tennant is a reach although I like him a lot. I'd rather we grab a second DT like Vince Oghobaase or Lemarr Houston and then nab Tennant in the 4th and if he's not there grab Austen Lane and wait for Eric Olsen in the 5th.

jCut
02-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Walton is the only pick I really like for Denver. Both Williams and Johnson are reaches, and I'm not sure Atkins is a good fit for the 3-4.

StripedWalrus
02-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Pretty Bad Bengals Draft No WR that is one of our biggest needs. Mike Brown will most likely not take a TE in the 1st Round. He would not Pass on Mays he loves Defensive Players from Big Schools and loves USC. OLB and CB are not big needs epecially a nickel or dime corner

1.Taylor Mays
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.Jimmy Graham
4.John Jerry
5.Thaddeus Gibson

Except....Nickel or Dime Corner is a big need. You will have to see whether or not we resign Williams. If we do...then Mays won't be the first round pick for the Bengals. Gresham will be. The reason being is that the Bengals are starting to emerge. They have a defense thats can stop the other team, we just don't have an offense that can put the points up. Palmer is getting older and he needs some offensive weapons in order to get Cincy to the Next level. If we could go through the air in the playoffs we would have beaten the Jets. I believe Cincy will resign Williams and S wont be addressed in round 2 either and we will go after a WR. Still i felt that this draft was still good and that good effort was put towards reasoning that is not out of this world.

Pat Sims 90
02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Except....Nickel or Dime Corner is a big need. You will have to see whether or not we resign Williams. If we do...then Mays won't be the first round pick for the Bengals. Gresham will be. The reason being is that the Bengals are starting to emerge. They have a defense thats can stop the other team, we just don't have an offense that can put the points up. Palmer is getting older and he needs some offensive weapons in order to get Cincy to the Next level. If we could go through the air in the playoffs we would have beaten the Jets. I believe Cincy will resign Williams and S wont be addressed in round 2 either and we will go after a WR. Still i felt that this draft was still good and that good effort was put towards reasoning that is not out of this world.

Williams does not solve our S problem We need a coverage guy not in the box type S TEs have killed us all year. Trent was soild at nickel last year expect for 1 game and the coachs like him David Jones was decent last year so i dont see Dime or Nickel as a big need. I can see us drafting a CB just not in 1st 4 Rounds

STsACE
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Round 1
7 – Cleveland – Joe Haden (CB – Florida) Good Pick

Round 2
39 – Cleveland – Ricky Sapp (OLB/DE – Clemson) Good Value, but not needed. Gronkowski would make a better option here as we need a complete TE way more than another OLB. A good TE will help the development of whatever QB we go with.

44 – Miami – Rob Gronkowski (TE – Arizona)

Round 3

71 – Cleveland – Demaryius Thomas (WR – G.T.) Our D-Lineman are all old except for one player. Carrington or Thomas would be better to start grooming younger replacements

73 – Buffalo – Alex Carrington (DE – Ark. St.)
76 – Miami – Cam Thomas – (DT – U.N.C.)

93 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Aaron Hernandez (TE – Florida) Gronkowski would be the better pick in the 2nd. I'd take Petrus with this pick.

Round 4

103 – Cleveland – Mitch Petrus (G – Arkansas) With grabbing Petrus in the 3rd, we can grab Jerry here as a RT prospect/depth. Or even grab Rolle with this pick instead of hoping he falls to the 5th.

117 – Cincinnati – John Jerry (G/T – Ole. Miss.)

Round 5

135 – Cleveland – Charles Scott (RB – L.S.U.) Good pick, but I don't think Rolle will last to pick 157. Grab Rolle here as he fills a greater need. If we grab Rolle in the 4th, take Barnes here.

157 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Myron Rolle (S – F.S.U.) With taking Rolle at 135, Barnes would be good value here for us. Barnes has good hands and lacks speed which should make him a valuable 3rd down possession receiver. We've lacked that possession receiver the past 2 years and Barnes could fill that for us. If we take Barnes at 135, take Blount here.

Freddie Barnes – (WR – Bowling Green)

As for giving Harrison a compliment back, I'd be interested in grabbing Blount in the early 6th or trading back up into the late 5th for him.

Good mock though. Appreciate the effort.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Great overall draft and definitely a great Pats draft.

Blount or Jacoby Ford in round 6 to NE and I'd be stoked.

Chester Taylor to NE in free agency and then we can skip Matthews and fill another need, maybe? :D

Thank you I appreciate it! I had not thought about bringing in Taylor, but it would make sense, I really have not put much stock into free agency yet as it pertains to my mocks, there is just too much speculation, but what you are thinking makes sense, and certainly would allow N.E. to focus more on the offensive line, although if I had my choice I would prefer Matthews over Taylor. I really can not see N.E. losing in this draft, and if they work out a deal (or get him through FA) for Peppers then they are really looking good.. I will continue to pray that does not happen :eek:

Poz51
02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I love the McClain pick, but give the Raiders Greg Hardy in the 2nd.

McClain to the Raiders if K.C. goes with Berry has been a random thought of mine for the Raiders, I know Davis is not a big fan of LB's high in the draft, but McClain is the exact type of player the Raiders defense needs IMO. I thought about Hardy in the second, and he would fit the profile, but his attitude and work ethic for me are really in question right now, his talent and potential certainly warrent the consideration, I felt Davis really wants to bring in a corner, and Wilson's talent, and skill set was too much to pass up, but Hardy certainly is a possibility... Thanks for the input :)

Poz51
02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Very good Vikings mock. Love Chad Jones, Colt McCoy is good, fills a huge need with good value, Hardesty in the 3rd is perfect. 4th fills another big need, although I don't know much about Stephens. Watson is ok in the 5th.

Stephens offers versatility having played both G and C at Iowa State, consistant starter since he was a soph. I like his potential with the right coaching, from what I have read of him he takes well to coaching and works hard, needs some footwork, and to play lower with better technique. The 4th is high for him, unless he kills his pro day, most have him as 6th round prospect. I like him more than others do. Watson is a back up for me, could be a starter or situational player with some time, could add some weight to help himself play the run, im not overly high on him, but I think Minnesota is the right situation for him... Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

Poz51
02-17-2010, 08:32 AM
A beauty of a Bucs mock. Well done

Thank you, looking back at it I think it may be a bit high for Murphy who's awareness is not always there, and I am starting to think Jackson, McCourtey and Spievey would have been better fits... But there is always the post combine mock!! With the uncertainty in the backfield thought Tate was a good value pick later, and McCluster could fit the third down role, and play reciever helping add to the foundation on offense, overall I thought it was a good mock for the bucs, I almost went with more D-line help later in the draft but thought spreading the draft wealth was a better option, I appreciate it!

zachsaints52
02-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Just not feeling the second rounder as much since Daryl Washington is there. 3rd round Lemarr Houston, and 4th round Selvie baby. Im on his bandwagon.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM

1.Taylor Mays
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.Jimmy Graham
4.John Jerry
5.Thaddeus Gibson

Looking at the Bengals to me, is like looking at a team that is too one dimensional in the passing game, they have a bunch of guys around 6 foot tall, who work well outside the hashes, but have no one who can impose their will inside the hashes, or offer themselves as a legit option on hot reads, or to beat the blitz in the center of the field, Palmer will continue to be pounded in the playoffs waiting for guys to get open, who he will never find while laying on his back, watch the Jets game, what happened when Coles goes over the middle, fumble, gator arms, Ochocinco? Cant recall him going over the middle, the Jets adjusted their coverage to the outside on blitzes and clouded the sidelines when they played coverage, and from what I saw had no respect for the Bengals offense in regards to making plays in the center of the field, and utilizing Revis to lock down whomever they wanted on the outside, Palmer was 18 of 36 for a whopping 146 yards... How many throws were to the middle of the field, Benson ran wild between the tackles because the Jets had NO respect for the middle of the field, the dominated the edges and outside and let it play out in thier favor. Im just saying if it was me, or I was Carson Palmer I would take someone who at least forces the opposition to respect the possibility of Palmer throwing inbetween the hashes, and gives me a viable option on hot reads. Could Cincy use a speedy type reciever as well, of coarse, not sure what Thomas does in that respect, Mays could help depending on the coverge they plan on running next year, but for my money Cincy's priority should be to open up the passing attack fully, or else they are wasting Palmers prime years. OLB may not be a big need, but if Malualuga gets himself in more trouble, or moves to ILB, OLB would be set, the depth would be great, Rivers, Malualuga, and Edds would be set up the LB core for the next decade, IMO... With the league becoming a passing league more and more, nickel and dime corners are becoming more important, Jones has flashed some potential, but I am not overly impressed with the depth as a whole, so I went corner. This is all my opinion, I see your points though and appreciate the feedback.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Ravens draft= A+ times 1000, absolutely perfect

Thanks, I appreciate it! Outside of corner, I think the ravens go heavy on the offensive side of the ball well into the middle-late rounds of this draft.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Seattle

Bradford, Bulaga, Nate Allen would probably give Seahawk fans some hope but for me i would wait till next year on a QB. I would add that if Seattle passed on Toby Gerhar in round 4 they'd be the stupidest organization around and i give Pete Carroll more credit than that.

I hear you on the QB, as a Bills fan I would like nothing more than to do the same. But I see Carroll wanting to prove himself right away, and can not see him passing on Bradford right now, especially with Bates as the OC, but thats just me. I really thought about Gerhart there, but looked at USC backs under Carroll and outside of White he usually prefers smaller quicker backs, so opted to fill another need first, we'll see, personally I like Gerhart as a college back, but right now am of the opinion that he will have a Ron Dayne type career, and I dont think Seattle is gonna go with a power type run game. I appreciate the feedback and will certainly consider it in the future :)

Grizzlegom
02-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Thats a decent Fins draft. I actually really like the first two selections and Chad Henne would be jumping for joy. I think Cam Thomas is a major reach in the third however, I'd probably go with Misi as i think he's got much better value there (i dont think he'd really fall to the 4th) and then make my fourth round pick either Kendrick Lewis or Donald Butler

1. Dez
2. Gronk
3. Koa Misi
4. Kendrick Lewis/Donald Butler

Poz51
02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Very, VERY good raiders draft

Thanks I appreciate it, I thought it was a little unconventional but if I were a raiders fan would have liked it myself, thought that from a need/value stand point really worked out well.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
You sure went heavy on the 3-4 transition picks after Davis. I don't mind not going for a QB if we don't go for one right away, but I might like a WR in there somewhere. Lafell, Williams, Decker and Briscoe are all pretty attractive in their respective rounds.

Yeah, my thinking is that Buffalo needs to something very well, and the defense can be fast tracked easier than the offense with Clausen out of the picture, and for me no other QB's in this draft with the arm needed to be successful in Buffalo. Plus I saw better value in doing so after taking Davis in the first, especially looking forward to next year, and at least two QB's fitting the mold. WR was looked at throughout this mock, and with Mike Williams, Jacoby Ford, Jeremy Williams, Taylor Price and Freddie Barnes still available, I thought the next round would be a WR with one of the picks. My hope is that they fix one side of the ball and with this draft to me being heavy with defensive talent, why not role with it... IMO that is how I would handle it, especially if I could land one of the top two tackles in the first round. Would love to see Lynch or some type of player(s) for picks trade into the second round, but dont see it happening...

Poz51
02-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Tampa Bay only has one 5th round pick. The third overall pick in the 5th round was traded to the Browns as part of the Kellen Winslow deal.
Thank you, I appreciate the heads up

As for the rest of the Bucs draft, I like the first three picks.

I don't like Jerome Murphy (and I'm a USF fan). He makes far too many bone-headed plays for my liking. I'd prefer Devin McCourty, Amari Spievey, Tyson Alualu or Alex Carrington with that pick. Yes, some more defensive linemen on top of McCoy and Griffen. The Bucs D-Line is that bad.
Looking back at the mock, I was high on Murphy originally, but looking at it now would agree and include K. Jackson into the mix ahead of Murphy, and thought about more d-line for the Bucs but opted to spread the wealth.

As for McCluster, the Bucs have 4 runningbacks signed to the active roster and 1 on the practice squad. It's not a need at all unless they end up moving at least two of those guys off the team. Lamarr Houston, Geno Atkins, Syd'quan Thompson and Eric Decker would be better choices here.
The situation in the backfield is very murky, I think they are going to part ways with Williams, and outside of Graham and Ward will look towards the future with Tate. McCluster would primarily be a reciever, but could be utilized as a third down back/option like he was at Ole. Miss., he would primarily be a reciever, but could be used in different ways. He would not be a back primarily, he would just offer versatility.

Ben Tate... Same response as McCluster: 4 RBs currently on the roster. Unless something changes before draft day, that's a bad pick. Robert Johnson (S, Utah), Myron Rolle, Kurt Coleman or Dekoda Watson would be better picks.

I filled in some of my thoughts in bold inbetween your comments, certainly will adapt to the fifth round change, hopefully the Bucs put some clarity into the backfield situation before the draft, but see your point on it being crowded. I appreciate the feedback and will consider it in the future!!

vidae
02-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Taking Fox in the third allows Albert to move inside to guard

I really wish people would stop saying this. Albert is not moving. He is our LT and he lost significant weight to make the switch.

Good KC mock though.

Bengals78
02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I liked the Bengals picks.
If we get a FA WR like TO (No I dont want him personally)
I could see us holding off a year at WR.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Very below average giants draft.
As a whole I would disagree, but I did not think it was spectacular.

Price i feel is valued ten picks or more later than 15, and has alot to be desired in the run game which is what needs to be improved.
I would agree that it is a little high for Price, but he plays with good leverage, moves well laterally, has excellent instincts, and lives in the oppositions backfield. I would agree that he needs to improve in his a ability to hold his ground. This certainly seems to be the high end of his stock. I think the Giants would like to trade down out of this spot.

Reshad jones is a 3rd rounder due inconsistent play although his potential could put him in late 2nd.
I would disagree that Jones is a third rounder, I think he is a solid second rounder, who is versitile enough to play either safety spot, a very good physical tackler who can play coverage, and be a playmaker in both aspects, he plays big in big games, and I actually thought he was consistant throughout the last two years at Georgia. He offers flexibility being able to play FS if need be, and the early second round is his ceiling and a sub 4.5 at the combine cements his second round status, at worst he is a steal in the third, but wont last with teams needing safety help in the second, IMO.

Tennant is good. Angerer is not that much of an improvement and mlb should be addressed earlier. Dont know the last person
I agree with Tennant, might be a bit early, but he is a solid player. I would disagree with Angerer, I think he would be an athletic upgrade over Pierce without losing any of the intensity, or leadership, he is a tackling machine who can still add weight to his frame, is always around the ball, and IMO does not get the credit he deserves by any means, and he is a guy who understands coverage, his role in the defense, and makes those around him better. For me he is a football player who fits into the Giants defense perfectly, especially with Fewell as the DC. Haslem is a converted guard, who has the athletic ability to play tackle in the NFL, offers versatility, and could with the right coaching be a solid starter in time, not gonna be able to add much more weight buy does not need to, strong enough to hold up as he is, good potential, this is the high end of his stock, and might be more likely as 6th round prospect.

Put my thoughts in bold after yours, I think below average cuts this Giants draft short IMO.

ravensman20
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it! Outside of corner, I think the ravens go heavy on the offensive side of the ball well into the middle-late rounds of this draft.

I really like Benn's potential, I love Donovan Warren think he is an absolute steal at that point, Jimmy Graham has all the measurables to be an elite tight end ala Antonio Gates(another bball transfer) and Desmon Briscoe is a great threat in the red zone, and the Ravens desperately need WR with some size

Poz51
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
I really wish people would stop saying this. Albert is not moving. He is our LT and he lost significant weight to make the switch.

Good KC mock though.

I hesitated saying this because Albert did play well at LT the last three games, allowing 0? sacks? So I see what you are saying, although he did allow 9? sacks this season, so maybe he showed enough improvement to stay. I am operating under the thought that he would be a dominate guard, and a LT next to him would solidify the left side of the oline for years, although I am still not sure what it all means to Waters or his future in K.C. He certainly has been a warrior....
I appreciate the feedback, your opinion and conversation.

FlyingElvis
02-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Thank you I appreciate it! I had not thought about bringing in Taylor, but it would make sense, I really have not put much stock into free agency yet as it pertains to my mocks, there is just too much speculation, but what you are thinking makes sense, and certainly would allow N.E. to focus more on the offensive line, although if I had my choice I would prefer Matthews over Taylor. I really can not see N.E. losing in this draft, and if they work out a deal (or get him through FA) for Peppers then they are really looking good.. I will continue to pray that does not happen :eek:

I completely understand. The FA changes are impossible to predict. As far as an older RB versus a rookie, I'm torn. Obviously NE needs a long term solution so drafting a young guy needs to be done at some point. It's just that BB always seems to favor the veterans. It's completely understandable since the RB basically spends half their time in pass protection in the Pats offensive system and keeping Brady from getting killed is priority one.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
I liked the Bengals picks.
If we get a FA WR like TO (No I dont want him personally)
I could see us holding off a year at WR.

Thank you, I think TO actually would be a good option (although I dont blame you for not wanting him), in that his ability to get open deep with Palmers arm is a good pairing, especially if the Bengal's get someone to go across the middle (Gresham), and with Benson running the ball the offense would be pretty close to complete. I would sit tight this year in terms of drafting a reciever, and see if Cladwell, Crosby or Simpson develop then look into taking a WR next year myself, having made a desicion on Coles, and Ochocinco's future with the team.

Bengals78
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Thank you, I think TO actually would be a good option (although I dont blame you for not wanting him), in that his ability to get open deep with Palmers arm is a good pairing, especially if the Bengal's get someone to go across the middle (Gresham), and with Benson running the ball the offense would be pretty close to complete. I would sit tight this year in terms of drafting a reciever, and see if Cladwell, Crosby or Simpson develop then look into taking a WR next year myself, having made a desicion on Coles, and Ochocinco's future with the team.

That and next year is loaded in terms of potential WR if the juniors declare.
Not that I think we will draft anywhere near enough to get one lol.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 11:48 AM
That's not a bad Bears draft. I'd definitely take that without much complaint.

I thought it was pretty solid, terrible losing Adams like that, especially having given up a 2nd this year to get him. Hopefully the Bears can start getting back on track with this draft... I appreciate the positive feedback!

Poz51
02-17-2010, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Abaddon;2018760]

Thanks for the clarification on the fifth round pick, did not think the Raiders fans would be as big a group of supporters of this mock as you all have turned out to be!! I actually really liked it myself, and would agree with your comments, unfortunatly I dont see Al dipping out of this world any time before the draft :( Maybe he will listen to reason though :roll: I appreciate the input :)

Poz51
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Excellent Cards mock, good value at a position of need for every pick. You might want to consider MLB in future mocks since Dansby is pretty much guaranteed to leave and the situation is pretty dire behind him. FS could also be a consideration since there is a decent chance Rolle is gone and despite being a 3rd round pick last year Johnson hasn't shown anything.

I had not put too much consideration into Rolle leaving, although I did take into consideration Dansby. I have not put too much into free agency, as it pertains to the draft yet, too much speculation and not nearly enough substance, but hear you loud and clear, especially with Dansby. Thanks for all of the input, I certainly will keep in mind, and appreciate the positive, thought out feedback!!

Poz51
02-17-2010, 12:04 PM
1) Dunlap? Kindle? don't even think of those 2 for Atlanta. we have actual character requirements. We won't take those 2 character issues. DE Brandon Graham, OLB Sean Weatherspoon, best 2 fits there. and Robinson isn't as good a fit at CB as Wilson is.
3) good pick.
4) DT is not even a depth need. so Neal wouldn't be in consideration here. That being said, good pick in Curran.
5) good pick

I had a feeling I would be hearing from you on that issue! What you say certainly has merit, and Graham is one of the players along with Weatherspoon I strongly considered as well, personally I like Graham more. Wilson certainly would be a good fit too. Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the next mock, mock, mock is more appealing to the Falcons sensabilities in the first round.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I like the first two picks, in round 3 I think Tennant is a reach although I like him a lot. I'd rather we grab a second DT like Vince Oghobaase or Lemarr Houston and then nab Tennant in the 4th and if he's not there grab Austen Lane and wait for Eric Olsen in the 5th.

I would agree with Tennant, not a huge reach but a little one, I think Price is in the first as well, but with a little technique and strength could pan out very nicely. I hear you on maybe taking another DT in the forth, but with the players currently signed and on the roster the Giants will go elsewhere before taking another DT, Lane I think would be a good fit...

Poz51
02-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Walton is the only pick I really like for Denver. Both Williams and Johnson are reaches, and I'm not sure Atkins is a good fit for the 3-4.

I would agree with Williams, and say so in the paragraph following the pick. With the draft going as I have it, which direction would you go with that pick? Johnson might be, and I like him more than most do, and was debating between him, Asamoah and Saffold. Who would be your preference, or at that point would you go in another direction? IMO Atkins is 3rd down pass rushing DT in the 4-3, but could excell as a 3-4 DE, again my opinion, that is again as a 3-4 DE, not DT...

Poz51
02-18-2010, 11:48 AM

Thanks... I would completely agree that with a more balanced passing attack Cincy would have at worst made the Jets game much more interesting, if not won it. Defensively I would agree that they are set, but even in signing Williams still need two safeties, one at the least, but thats me... I would also agree that nickel and dime corners are big needs, especially with the way offenses are becoming pass happy... A field stretcher at WR is a need, but I am not sure a priority, especially if Gresham can still do it, IMO... I appreciate the feed back, IMO Cincy is just a couple of pieces away from being a serious contentder...

Poz51
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Good mock though. Appreciate the effort.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Why do you not think Sapp is needed? Bowens is 33 next year (5.5 sacks), Wimbley I thought was improved but, still only managed 6.5 sacks, Roth had 4.5, but I think is more of a run player, and after that I dont see anything exciting.... I would agree that Gronkowski would help tremendously, and that Hernandez is one dimensional. Additionally I agree with your comments for the most part, especially about the Dline getting old, and will consider them, + rep for the intelligent feedback!

rockio42
02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
There IS a reason Suh is the popular pick for the Rams at #1, we need DL help and the 5th round is no where near early enough...the picks makes sense position wise but where we are picking them is wierd (OLB/DL - one of these needs to be picked before a WR, the defense NEEDS help)

Poz51
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Just not feeling the second rounder as much since Daryl Washington is there. 3rd round Lemarr Houston, and 4th round Selvie baby. Im on his bandwagon.

Honestly I had a hard time not putting washington there, to me it makes alot of sense, in the end for me it came down to Muckelroy being better in coverage, and my belief that the saints need a LB's who are stronger in coverage than in run support when I considered their offense into the equation. Washington makes alot of sense, and his athleticism would be a perfect fit as well. Houston is a player I like a lot in 4-3 defenses, and I originally replaced Wilson with him, then went back to Wilson thinking they need to get some youth at end, especially considering I have no faith in Grant anymore, and dont see him on the team next year. Having said that Houston would make a lot of sense and be a great pick as well, and I think help improve the play of Ellis. Selvie makes sense as well to me, his decline in production playing in that defense, in addition to my thinking that he will not be able to add much weight, and if he does not will not be effective (ala Aaron "vomit in my mouth" Maybin). The forth I am sticking with the QB, I know the coaches like Daniels, just the same as the Skins coaches did, but there is a reason he wasnt drafted and released, he needs a ton of work, Snead could come in and win a game or two if need be, and has much more potential to develop, in addition to having an arm that can make all the throws. Having just won the super bowl will make it easier to bring in filler type free agents who can be role players, plus there is the last two rounds of the draft, and many quality players left, Boo Robinson and Earl Mitchel would be good fits who could contribute right away for the Saints, this draft is really deep in DT's IMO...

Poz51
02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
There IS a reason Suh is the popular pick for the Rams at #1, we need DL help and the 5th round is no where near early enough...the picks makes sense position wise but where we are picking them is wierd (OLB/DL - one of these needs to be picked before a WR, the defense NEEDS help)

There is a reason the Rams have picked 2nd, 2nd and now 1st in the last three drafts... THEY NEED HELP EVERY WHERE, picking help at any position is no where near early enough. Im sure you know all of this but I'll repeat it any ways: The offense outside of Jackson is Pathetic at best, Rams QB's threw 12 TD's to 21 INT's which is more pathetic than the Buffalo Bills QB's. The offense ranked LAST in pts per game, and 29th in yards per game, Jackson was not only the leading ball carrier, but reciever in receptions, and the offense as a whole could not put up more than 15 pts on Alabama's defense last year(Respectfully IMO). True that the defense Needs help, but so does the offense!! Now the defense also ranked 29th in yards allowed per game, and 31st in points allowed per game, which is actually almost as pathetic as the offense, that for me as slim as the difference is, means they can not go wrong either direction they go in... In my opinion they are better off concentrating their efforts on one side of the ball, and focusing on making that side functional, and more often than not passing on a franchise QB (wether it be Clausen or Bradford this year) does not help a team in the long term, or I look at it like this: what is the last team to win a super bowl without a franchise QB in the last 10 years?? Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson... So in this mock I "mocked" the Rams my #1 QB, who I would want on my team, and then gave him a weapon, and some protection, who along with Jason Smith should be bookend tackles for years to come. Then I concentrated on defense and went with value and need to "mock", Cole and Neal are both under rated, and would likely start immediatly if not be impact back ups at worse... I do elaborate in my analysis that " although no one could blame the Rams for taking Suh, and although they probably should, they go quarterback and continue to lay the foundation for the future on offense" If they go that direction, I think they should keep doing so (defensively) and build that direction, either way they have tons of holes to fill, and cant fill them with 5 picks in one draft... Really they are going to need several drafts to fix this roster, IMO...

Poz51
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Thats a decent Fins draft. I actually really like the first two selections and Chad Henne would be jumping for joy. I think Cam Thomas is a major reach in the third however, I'd probably go with Misi as i think he's got much better value there (i dont think he'd really fall to the 4th) and then make my fourth round pick either Kendrick Lewis or Donald Butler

1. Dez
2. Gronk
3. Koa Misi
4. Kendrick Lewis/Donald Butler

Thanks for the positive feedback, I actually really liked the draft myself for Miami (did not like it as a Bills fan...). Adding weapons in the passing game should really help Henne and the offense as a whole develop into a complete offense. I would agree with Thomas, but his stock seems to be soaring right now, and fit a big need IMO... Misi is another guy on the move upwards, and I would agree that come draft time he could be gone in as early as the second but third is very likely!! Lewis I could see, and like I said could really help himself at the combine, and I think is under rated right now, Butler is someone I need to read up on, and couldnt agree or disagree with one way or another right now... + rep for the intelligent input :)

Poz51
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I really like Benn's potential, I love Donovan Warren think he is an absolute steal at that point, Jimmy Graham has all the measurables to be an elite tight end ala Antonio Gates(another bball transfer) and Desmon Briscoe is a great threat in the red zone, and the Ravens desperately need WR with some size

I would agree with this 100%, even with the signing of Stallworth (after this post) I still would go with this mock, and see it as a draft that can only enhance the team as a whole!

STsACE
02-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it. Why do you not think Sapp is needed? Bowens is 33 next year (5.5 sacks), Wimbley I thought was improved but, still only managed 6.5 sacks, Roth had 4.5, but I think is more of a run player, and after that I dont see anything exciting.... I would agree that Gronkowski would help tremendously, and that Hernandez is one dimensional. Additionally I agree with your comments for the most part, especially about the Dline getting old, and will consider them, + rep for the intelligent feedback!

Bowens was moved inside after DQ and Barton were injured half-way through the season. That's actually when our D showed signs of progression starting to show on the field. I hope they keep Bowens inside, we need a tall lanky ILB. So, if we went with a LB early, I'd prefer a ILB to groom for his eventual replacement.

I wouldn't mind Sapp in the 2nd if Roth is not resigned. Even though Roth only had 4.5 sacks, he wasn't even with us for half a season. Wimbley seemed to become more of a complete OLB for us under Ryan. We also had a stable of LBs to rotate in and out and for various packages. OLB is actually one of our strongest positions on the Defensive side considering the depth we put on the field this past season at the end.

In all honesty, I'm just hoping our first 2 picks can make substantial contributions no matter what position. Being happy over a 4 game win streak and still end up 5-11 is sad. We need our 1st and 2nd pick to help us get to at least 8 wins or I see the Browns changing coaches, once again.

Jerry's World
02-19-2010, 11:48 AM
You almost did a full 7 rounder.
The first two picks our good. Give us Mardy Gylard over Damian Williams. Also you are giving us way too many RBs. We all ready have Caddy, Derrick, and Earnest. Plus once DE,DT, and WR are addressed we need to go after CB and Javier Arenas would be good and maybe in the 4th the best DE,LB,or S.

Poz51
02-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Bowens was moved inside after DQ and Barton were injured half-way through the season. That's actually when our D showed signs of progression starting to show on the field. I hope they keep Bowens inside, we need a tall lanky ILB. So, if we went with a LB early, I'd prefer a ILB to groom for his eventual replacement.
I was unaware Bowens made that much of an impact...

I wouldn't mind Sapp in the 2nd if Roth is not resigned. Even though Roth only had 4.5 sacks, he wasn't even with us for half a season. Wimbley seemed to become more of a complete OLB for us under Ryan. We also had a stable of LBs to rotate in and out and for various packages. OLB is actually one of our strongest positions on the Defensive side considering the depth we put on the field this past season at the end.
I forgot about Roth only being there for 6 games or so... This train of thought certainly makes sense, and I would say my next edition will probably be different with this thinking in mind, although I would still consider Sapp a steal all things considered at that point in the second round.

In all honesty, I'm just hoping our first 2 picks can make substantial contributions no matter what position. Being happy over a 4 game win streak and still end up 5-11 is sad. We need our 1st and 2nd pick to help us get to at least 8 wins or I see the Browns changing coaches, once again.
I hear you about the first two picks, as that is my general feeling about the first two rounds in the draft for the most part, especially if you are drafting in the top half... Unfortunatly I completely understand the need to start winning, out side of secondary help, what do you think is Clevelands biggest need?

Put my response in bold in yours, I appreciate the insight, + rep for sure.

Poz51
02-19-2010, 12:10 PM
You almost did a full 7 rounder.
The first two picks our good. Give us Mardy Gylard over Damian Williams. Also you are giving us way too many RBs. We all ready have Caddy, Derrick, and Earnest. Plus once DE,DT, and WR are addressed we need to go after CB and Javier Arenas would be good and maybe in the 4th the best DE,LB,or S.

I could see Gylard over Williams especially when you factor in the return game, I liked Williams size more for the Bucs, but either way they fit IMO... Popular thought amongst Bucs fans about too many backs, Caddy is broken IMO, and Graham is starting to break down, although that is just my opinion, McCluster is primarily a WR in this situation, and plays back for the Bucs on 3rd downs only, like he did at Ole. Miss. alot. I did address corner in the 3rd? with Jerome Murphy, who I am now thinking about replacing with another corner. I can see what you are saying about the 4th round and taking the best player available, most likely Safety, although DL could still use some help too... Thanks for the input :)

Brown Leader
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Not much to complain about Poz just some different preferences. Although...our biggest need is not addressed-S. That would have to be FA priority #1. I've been liking Thomas for a min. so that's the best pick.;)

STsACE
02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Put my response in bold in yours, I appreciate the insight, + rep for sure.

Bowens biggest impact was knowing the defense and putting all the young guys in place. His size also allowed him to take on lead blockers and not get shoved back 4 yards when making a tackle. DQ lacks the size to be our thumper, so if we do keep him, we need a larger LB to pair with him.

I like McLain or Spikes as an immediate impact with one of our 1st 2 picks. I'd like to see the FO go one impact player on each side of the ball rds. 1 and 2 to be instant starters.

I'd still agree Sapp is a steal in the 2nd round. I just don't see making a case for him when we need sooooo much. Still there's FA, but I don't count on anything until it happens.

Just looking at our roster, our biggest needs, in no particular order, they all rank high on the list.

#1WR, CB, S, RG, RT, DE(youth), ILB thumper, Complete TE.

I'd put QB last and probably not at all unless that "sure-fire" prospect shows up in workouts or the right trade comes along. Everyone wants to dog our QBs, but we lacked a #1 WR (that could catch and has passion for the game) and a TE. It also didn't help we lost Tuck (RT) before the season and had to go with St. Clair ehhhhhh......

Poz51
02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd still agree Sapp is a steal in the 2nd round. I just don't see making a case for him when we need sooooo much. Still there's FA, but I don't count on anything until it happens.

Just looking at our roster, our biggest needs, in no particular order, they all rank high on the list.

#1WR, CB, S, RG, RT, DE(youth), ILB thumper, Complete TE.

I'd put QB last and probably not at all unless that "sure-fire" prospect shows up in workouts or the right trade comes along. Everyone wants to dog our QBs, but we lacked a #1 WR (that could catch and has passion for the game) and a TE. It also didn't help we lost Tuck (RT) before the season and had to go with St. Clair ehhhhhh......

Thank you, I appreciate it, I will use the info in my upcoming editions, I completely agree about the QB situation in Cleveland, that was the one thing I noticed in the games I was able to catch. I had thoughts about Bryant in the first, and several WR's in the following rounds, but thought Thomas was a steal and could fill the role of #1, thanks again appreciate it!

proshoota25
02-20-2010, 09:20 PM
pretty good patriots draft

futureshock
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Great draft for the Leos.

I love it!

Poz51
02-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Not much to complain about Poz just some different preferences. Although...our biggest need is not addressed-S. That would have to be FA priority #1. I've been liking Thomas for a min. so that's the best pick.;)

Yeah, alot of it is preference, and I think I would change it a little looking back, and like Lions fans from my last edition and 9ers fans in past ones, Browns fans this edition have openned my eyes to several things I was unaware off. S can be addressed in FA, althoguh there are still several good safeties left on my board that I think are good prospects in Johnson, Amaya, Skinner, and Church among the players available as well. Thanks for the input, it is appreciated :)

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:05 AM
love the steelers draft....oh man, that would get me excited. cody, robinson and wright....thats what im talking about

Poz51
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
love the steelers draft....oh man, that would get me excited. cody, robinson and wright....thats what im talking about

I certainly feel like the Steelers need to address the defensive side of the ball to get back into the Super Bowl picture. Cody I believe would be a perfect replacement for Hampton, who's age would concern me if I was a Steeler fan or personnel guy, Robinson is high on some peoples lists, and with some coaching could turn into a top flight corner, he certainly has the physical ability, and I thought was a excellent value, Wright is someone I am not as high on as many are, but would compliment Troy very well, Young is a guy who down the road could have a good impact, and situationally perform well in the immediate future, and Larson could help in a pinch and project well in the future. Glad you liked it, I appreciate the feedback!

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:50 AM
I certainly feel like the Steelers need to address the defensive side of the ball to get back into the Super Bowl picture. Cody I believe would be a perfect replacement for Hampton, who's age would concern me if I was a Steeler fan or personnel guy, Robinson is high on some peoples lists, and with some coaching could turn into a top flight corner, he certainly has the physical ability, and I thought was a excellent value, Wright is someone I am not as high on as many are, but would compliment Troy very well, Young is a guy who down the road could have a good impact, and situationally perform well in the immediate future, and Larson could help in a pinch and project well in the future. Glad you liked it, I appreciate the feedback!

i am not high on wright, but im so excited about the rest of the draft that another 3rd round failure wouldnt hurt my brain as much as usual....after willie reid, bruce davis and craig urbik ive come to expect 3rd round disappointment.

cody is not a flashy player but the steelers run a very by the book 34 and thats what he is....he coud just take up space and be fat for 10 years....and hes not the slob people make him out to be, with coaching he keeps himself under control and realistically a man that big takes only like 5 days to lose 30+ pounds. plus it would be cool to have hamp and cody on the team for a year since neither one has great conditioning, they would compliment each other nice since all indications is hampton will be retained

robinson would really benefit from tomlin (former DB coach) and lebeau, hes a top 10 corner physically but has to put it all together. being the only player to ever chase down noel devine is pretty cool but hes also got silky smooth form and is fluid as hell...he would be a 4th corner his rookie year and hopefully would be able to make the same kind of impact bryant mcfadden (another FSU corner we took in the second) did his rookie year

Poz51
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
i am not high on wright, but im so excited about the rest of the draft that another 3rd round failure wouldnt hurt my brain as much as usual....after willie reid, bruce davis and craig urbik ive come to expect 3rd round disappointment.

cody is not a flashy player but the steelers run a very by the book 34 and thats what he is....he coud just take up space and be fat for 10 years....and hes not the slob people make him out to be, with coaching he keeps himself under control and realistically a man that big takes only like 5 days to lose 30+ pounds. plus it would be cool to have hamp and cody on the team for a year since neither one has great conditioning, they would compliment each other nice since all indications is hampton will be retained

robinson would really benefit from tomlin (former DB coach) and lebeau, hes a top 10 corner physically but has to put it all together. being the only player to ever chase down noel devine is pretty cool but hes also got silky smooth form and is fluid as hell...he would be a 4th corner his rookie year and hopefully would be able to make the same kind of impact bryant mcfadden (another FSU corner we took in the second) did his rookie year

I like Urbik, and would not give up on him yet, but hear what you are saying as a whole.
I agree with you about Cody, and think thats all he will do (take up space), in addition to being able to make a couple plays a game, and really in the system all he needs to do is take up space and hold his ground. Him falling to say... Buffalo in the second :D would be great, but even if it is only for 2 downs at a time, think he will be gone in the first. Hampton would be a good option to franchise for a year and have with Cody, and IMO makes alot of sense.
I think Robinson in Pittsburgh would do wonders for him, and agree completely that Tomlin and specifically Lebeau would maximize his potential (top ten athlete in my book as well), and increase his football IQ, which if he had it to begin with would be a sure fire first rounder in my book. A year in dime and sitting back and learning would help him tremendously as well, I was thinking maybe nickel, or number two right away, but that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the intelligent insight and feedback, + rep :)

K Train
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I like Urbik, and would not give up on him yet, but hear what you are saying as a whole.
I agree with you about Cody, and think thats all he will do (take up space), in addition to being able to make a couple plays a game, and really in the system all he needs to do is take up space and hold his ground. Him falling to say... Buffalo in the second :D would be great, but even if it is only for 2 downs at a time, think he will be gone in the first. Hampton would be a good option to franchise for a year and have with Cody, and IMO makes alot of sense.
I think Robinson in Pittsburgh would do wonders for him, and agree completely that Tomlin and specifically Lebeau would maximize his potential (top ten athlete in my book as well), and increase his football IQ, which if he had it to begin with would be a sure fire first rounder in my book. A year in dime and sitting back and learning would help him tremendously as well, I was thinking maybe nickel, or number two right away, but that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the intelligent insight and feedback, + rep :)

last years draft class was the worst ive ever seen, i doubt urbik is on the team in 2 years, he is truly terrible, i cant believe they traded away the second round pick just to end up with him, summers and shipley just topped off my rage...thank god for mike wallace lol

Poz51
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
last years draft class was the worst ive ever seen, i doubt urbik is on the team in 2 years, he is truly terrible, i cant believe they traded away the second round pick just to end up with him, summers and shipley just topped off my rage...thank god for mike wallace lol

As a bills fan I understand completely, especially after the last decade, with such wonders and McKinney passed for Fat Williams, and Ngata passed on, and the recent (my personnal favorite) Maybin over Orakpo and Oher!! Thats only the first round... I guess time will tell about Urbik, but Wallace shocked me, I was not that high on him myself, but he certainly looks like a big piece moving forward, certainly better than Sweed :eek:

Poz51
02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
pretty good patriots draft

I thought so, thanks for the positive feedback, I cant see the Patriots coming out of this draft with anything less than 4 more future starters who decimate my Bills regularly, or at least until Tom Brady calls it quits...

Poz51
02-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Great draft for the Leos.

I love it!

One of my personal favorites of this mock, and I am guessing you mean Lions... Thanks for the feedback!!

Diehard
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I would agree with Williams, and say so in the paragraph following the pick. With the draft going as I have it, which direction would you go with that pick? Johnson might be, and I like him more than most do, and was debating between him, Asamoah and Saffold. Who would be your preference, or at that point would you go in another direction? IMO Atkins is 3rd down pass rushing DT in the 4-3, but could excell as a 3-4 DE, again my opinion, that is again as a 3-4 DE, not DT...

Physically, Atkins is not a prototypical 3-4 DE... Seymour is 5 inches taller than him. I certainly like the way Atkins plays, but I know McD is looking for players to fit the scheme and I'm not sure the match is there.

The individual picks aside, I commend you for your focus on building the interior lines on both sides of the ball. McD has openly said this is a priority for the offseason and I think every fan would agree this is critical after seeing some really awful line play in the second half of the season.

GoRavens
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Best Ravens mock I've seen so far.
but there is no way Jacoby Ford goes undrafted. The man is going to run a 4.20, and get drafted as high as round 3.

FlyingElvis
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
I thought so, thanks for the positive feedback, I cant see the Patriots coming out of this draft with anything less than 4 more future starters who decimate my Bills regularly, or at least until Tom Brady calls it quits...

At which point the decimation will be orchestrated by this guy:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kugsxa7ggP1qa8n0a.jpg

:D

bluebonnet78
02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Solid Cowboys draft. I'd be very happy to come away with Iupati, Wooten, and Stuckey from the first few rounds. I still think the 49ers or Steelers are probably going to snag him, but if he's still hanging around there after the Bengals select, I think Dallas ends up with him. Getting Wooten late in the second would really be nice despite his injury last year. Top 15-20 talent or so before the year began. I agree Carrington has to be a strong consideration as well considering how many DE's are in a contract year.

Well done overall and obviously it took quite a bit of effort...

Poz51
02-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Best Ravens mock I've seen so far.
but there is no way Jacoby Ford goes undrafted. The man is going to run a 4.20, and get drafted as high as round 3.

Thank you, I appreciate it, and thought they were one of my big winners in this mock!! As for Jacoby Ford, I hear what you are saying loud and clear, and in fact I like him alot. I started putting him into consideration as early as the the third round with Cincinnati, and really thought about Green Bay in the forth as another destination, but put a whole bunch of things into consideration, for instance, Decker being acclimated to the weather in that situation, and I am really waiting to see him at the combine, due to his size and not exactly stellar production at Clemson, I want to see him run routes, and catch particularly. If he runs a 4.2 I'll be surprised but anything around a 4.3 and I could see him in the third round, time will tell. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :cool:

Menardo75
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Props on the five rounder. The Niner mock would work.

Poz51
03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Solid Cowboys draft. I'd be very happy to come away with Iupati, Wooten, and Stuckey from the first few rounds. I still think the 49ers or Steelers are probably going to snag him, but if he's still hanging around there after the Bengals select, I think Dallas ends up with him. Getting Wooten late in the second would really be nice despite his injury last year. Top 15-20 talent or so before the year began. I agree Carrington has to be a strong consideration as well considering how many DE's are in a contract year.

Well done overall and obviously it took quite a bit of effort...

I thought it was pretty good, although I really had to fight off the urge to give the Boy's a safety in the first round, watching them from my point of view was like watching blundering idiots at safety, Hamlin is servicable, but Sensabaugh I thought was awful... I think the 9ers are in a good position to come away with a tackle, and playmaker at safety with the first two picks, and would likely take a RB like Spiller over Iupati, and think that the Steelers need to focus on defense and then tackle before they look at a guard, which is not that high of a need for them, but that is my opinion for what ever little it is worth. The Bengals I think will look in other direction first. Wootton is a guy I like alot and is under valued for some reason, talent is there for sure but the injury slowed him down a bit so I think he falls in the draft, but he and Carrington would fit, especially considering the contract situations in Dallas moving forward. It took a little bit of effort and time, I appreciate the feedback :)

TheMorningZoo
03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Not really a fan of the Chargers picks, but they did target some area(s) of concern. For one, I don't think Jahvid Best would be ideal @ 28. IMO he is not an every down back which we currently do not have on our roster, and his concussion concerns might not warrant a first round pick depending on how he checks out. I think Ryan Matthews would be the better pick at that spot.

Onto the 2nd pick, Ciron Black. Picking him in the 2nd would be a reach, and while RT is an area that can be upgraded, we have larger needs at NT, and DE depth. I am pretty sure Ciron Black is more of a 3/4th round pick, and I think if we did go OT, Jason Fox would be a nice pickup in the 2nd. Other possibilities would be Cam Thomas, Tyson Alualu, or even Corey Wooten (who you had 1 pick before to Dallas).

The Chancellor pick doesn't really bother me, but we could always pick up Myron Rolle in Round 4 and try to get ILB depth in the 3rd, or go DE/DT.

In the 4th Dallas once again nabbed someone we could use in Syd'Quan Thompson (who can provide depth since CRO is on his way out). I just noticed right now that Gerhart is still not off the board (which I think the combine has really helped him), so actually if we could have taken him. He is an AJ Smith type player, high character, and has good intangibles.

Really the Chargers need to adress RB as our main concern, then everything else is just depth. Our DE can use depth, our NT will be a big concern with JWall's injuries and age, CB will be thin, and lastly RT is an area where we can have open competition between Clary, Dombrowski, and draft pick.

Poz51
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Not really a fan of the Chargers picks, but they did target some area(s) of concern. For one, I don't think Jahvid Best would be ideal @ 28. IMO he is not an every down back which we currently do not have on our roster, and his concussion concerns might not warrant a first round pick depending on how he checks out. I think Ryan Matthews would be the better pick at that spot.
I respect your opinion, but think Best could be an everydown back, Matthews was the other back in particular that I really considered, and think the combine will help him alot, and makes sense as well, either way I think they get a play maker, and went with Best explosiveness, and break away speed. Like I said though Matthews makes sense and would be a good back as well.

Onto the 2nd pick, Ciron Black. Picking him in the 2nd would be a reach, and while RT is an area that can be upgraded, we have larger needs at NT, and DE depth. I am pretty sure Ciron Black is more of a 3/4th round pick, and I think if we did go OT, Jason Fox would be a nice pickup in the 2nd. Other possibilities would be Cam Thomas, Tyson Alualu, or even Corey Wooten (who you had 1 pick before to Dallas).
I thought of Thomas in that spot, but am not high on him as a second round pick, Alualu is some one I did not consider at all, but makes sense in respect to depth. In the end I guess I like Black more than most, I think he would start, and think he could be a guard as well, but more importantly I think he would be an upgrade over Dombrowski, who I do not like from what I have seen, although I certainly would listen to any thoughts on him, and in particular Clary... I certainly see what you are saying about Black though.

The Chancellor pick doesn't really bother me, but we could always pick up Myron Rolle in Round 4 and try to get ILB depth in the 3rd, or go DE/DT.
Rolle is slowly moving up my board, taking a year off concerns me, as it is not beneficial in any respect, and I wanted to see how he did at the combine with the drills particularly. I thought Chancellor was a good fit.

In the 4th Dallas once again nabbed someone we could use in Syd'Quan Thompson (who can provide depth since CRO is on his way out). I just noticed right now that Gerhart is still not off the board (which I think the combine has really helped him), so actually if we could have taken him. He is an AJ Smith type player, high character, and has good intangibles.
I would agree about Gerhart, he just fell in this mock, and I think you are right that the combine helped him alot, but I did this before the combine...

Really the Chargers need to adress RB as our main concern, then everything else is just depth. Our DE can use depth, our NT will be a big concern with JWall's injuries and age, CB will be thin, and lastly RT is an area where we can have open competition between Clary, Dombrowski, and draft pick.

I appreciate the feedback, and will take it into consideration when I do my next mock, I put my responses in bold, and will give you some rep for the input :)

TheMorningZoo
03-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I appreciate the feedback, and will take it into consideration when I do my next mock, I put my responses in bold, and will give you some rep for the input :)

Yeah no problem, if we did draft Best I wouldn't be mad, but I just think there are other players that can help the team more in our current situation. The one thing really going for Best is that since Norv came in, our smash-mouth, run first approach under Marty S. has dissappeared, and more of a finesse-running / passing game has taken over. In that respect Best can be a better 3rd down back, and offers more explosiveness than the other RB's (about on par with Spiller). Our O-Line has gone from once dominant, to passive and softer the past few years. Granted we had a different line under Scottenheimer w/ Mike Goff who was a road-grader, Shane Olivea who actually was decent here, and a healthy Hardwick. BTW, what do you think of Chancellor moving to OLB? I keep hearing that, and if that IS true, he would be suited in the 4-3 kind of like Thomas Davis. If he stays at Safety though, he can be a solid option.

Poz51
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah no problem, if we did draft Best I wouldn't be mad, but I just think there are other players that can help the team more in our current situation. The one thing really going for Best is that since Norv came in, our smash-mouth, run first approach under Marty S. has dissappeared, and more of a finesse-running / passing game has taken over. In that respect Best can be a better 3rd down back, and offers more explosiveness than the other RB's (about on par with Spiller). Our O-Line has gone from once dominant, to passive and softer the past few years. Granted we had a different line under Scottenheimer w/ Mike Goff who was a road-grader, Shane Olivea who actually was decent here, and a healthy Hardwick. BTW, what do you think of Chancellor moving to OLB? I keep hearing that, and if that IS true, he would be suited in the 4-3 kind of like Thomas Davis. If he stays at Safety though, he can be a solid option.

That went into the thinking with Turner's system, and Best's speed which was also a good fit, but Matthews is no slouch, so its a good pick to me either way. I think Chancellor is a guy who could probably play OLB in the 4-3, similar to Bryan Scott, and Nic Harris for Buffalo last year, he is physical enough, and good enough in coverage to be a well rounded OLB, he did play corner in college a bit, and with his size could make the transition, personally if I were a Chargers fan, or secondary coach I would love the thought of having him next to Weddle in the center of the secondary, as Chancellor would provide flexibility, and certainly upgrade the SS spot in run support and in coverage. IMO the best option for him is to stay at SS...