PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Cunninngham, put a sock please.

frubulubu
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Gunther Cunningham, recently spoke and may get the league office attention. He said he plans to add, Chiefs Defensive players to his team. Tampering charges could be brought up agsinst him and the Lions, by the league. Secondly, why would you let know your plans of what you wanna do in FA. Unless, your trying to fool your opponents. Third, why would you want, any defensive player from the Chiefs on your team?

zachsaints52
02-17-2010, 08:59 AM
If they are FA's they aren't on the actual roster so it shouldn't be tampering. But I'd love to have DJ on the Saints, but he isn't a FA I don't think.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
If they are FA's they aren't on the actual roster so it shouldn't be tampering. But I'd love to have DJ on the Saints, but he isn't a FA I don't think.

Gunther was talking about players who could be released due to them not fitting the Chiefs new scheme.

He is talking about going after younger guys with potential, like DaJuan Morgan. As a coach you obviously feel more comfortable going after a guy you know and perhaps had a hand in drafting when he was with the Chiefs. He isn't talking about going after Bucs, who are at the very tail end of their careers, and were never that great to begin with.

zachsaints52
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Gunther was talking about players who could be released due to them not fitting the Chiefs new scheme.

He is talking about going after younger guys with potential, like DaJuan Morgan. As a coach you obviously feel more comfortable going after a guy you know and perhaps had a hand in drafting when he was with the Chiefs. He isn't talking about going after Bucs, who are at the very tail end of their careers, and were never that great to begin with.

The way you worded it it sounded like the FA he was talking about. But still, only one to me is DJ!

DoWnThEfiElD
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
The way you worded it it sounded like the FA he was talking about. But still, only one to me is DJ!

Well if Gunther knows some talented young players that could be gotten at a discount, I'm for taking a risk. Defensively we really can't be any worse.

Addict
02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
wow we're actually talking about taking players from the 29th D in the league in yards given up? Really? Do we suck that bad now? Damn.

Prowler
02-17-2010, 12:19 PM
wow we're actually talking about taking players from the 29th D in the league in yards given up? Really? Do we suck that bad now? Damn.

baby steps. a couple decades from now we'll be grabbing some ravens, steelers, and jets type players.