PDA

View Full Version : New Mock Draft on NFL.com - Bucky Brooks

grignotte
02-17-2010, 05:10 AM
I just wanted to share some thoughts on the Bucky Brooks' Mock Draft, which I found pretty shocking:

- Sam Bradford picked at #26 by the Cardinals
- No Jimmy Clausen in the first round
- Eric Berry out of the top ten
- JPP at #3
- Trent Williams at #5 ahead of Bulaga and Davis
- Navarro Bowman to the Falcons and Kyle Wilson to the Jets

Here is the complete Mock Draft:

1. St. Louis Rams
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
The battle for the top spot could come down to Gerald McCoy and Suh, despite the team's quarterback woes. While McCoy has his fair share of supporters within the building, Suh's dominant run skills make him the Rams' choice.

2. Detroit Lions
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Landing a dominant interior rusher is not a bad consolation prize for the Lions.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Coach Raheem Morris is desperate to find a difference-maker along the defensive line, and he opts for the most dynamic pass rusher available in the draft to key the Buccaneers' defensive resurgence.

4. Washington Redskins
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
With Chris Samuels uncertain to return following his potential career-ending neck injury, Mike Shanahan tabs Okung to protect Jason Campbell's blindside.

5. Kansas City Chiefs
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Williams spent his senior season manning the left side of the Sooners' line, but if the Chiefs take him here, coach Todd Haley will return him to his natural right tackle position.

6. Seattle Seahawks
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Pete Carroll immediately addresses the Seahawks' anemic pass rush by taking a dominant edge player with the team's top pick.

7. Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
The Browns need to add star power in the back end of the secondary, and Haden gives them a top-flight corner to pair with CB Eric Wright.

8. Oakland Raiders
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
The ultra-athletic Davis answers the team's glaring weakness at offensive tackle.

9. Buffalo Bills
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Chan Gailey will think long and hard about taking QB Sam Bradford with this pick, but the team's woeful offensive line needs a franchise-caliber tackle on the left side.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
After registering only 14 sacks, the Jaguars turn to Dunlap to upgrade their non-existent pass rush.

11. Denver Broncos
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
If the Broncos part ways with Brandon Marshall, it would create a huge void in the passing game, one that Bryant could fill.

12. Miami Dolphins
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
Joey Porter's eventual release and Jason Taylor's uncertain status makes acquiring a top-edge rusher like Kindle a must for the Dolphins.

13. San Francisco 49ers
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Berry's ball-hawking skills are a welcome addition in the middle of the 49ers' emerging defense.

14. Seattle Seahawks
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Spiller's speed and explosiveness gives the Seahawks a much-needed difference maker in the backfield to alleviate pressure on Matt Hasselbeck.

15. N.Y. Giants
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
The release of Antonio Pierce creates a huge hole in the middle of the Giants defense. However, McClain's playmaking ability and leadership skills should fill the void created by the loss of the former defensive captain.

16. San Francisco 49ers
Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho
The former Vandal has shot up draft boards after dominating practices throughout the week at the Senior Bowl. With the versatility to move outside to right tackle, Iupati gives the 49ers a solid solution to their offensive line woes.

17. Tennessee Titans
Brian Price, DT, UCLA
After watching his defense decline dramatically after the loss of Albert Haynesworth, Jeff Fisher adds the hard-working Price to to fortify the unit.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
Casey Hampton's impending free-agent status makes it imperative the Steelers find a replacement at nose tackle. While Cody's weight may concern some, there is no disputing his ability to control the point of attack in the middle.

19. Atlanta Falcons
Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State
Mike Smith needs a playmaker at the weak-side linebacker spot, and Bowman's athleticism makes him a perfect fit in the Falcons' scheme.

20. Houston Texans
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
The Texans continue to add to an emerging defense by selecting Thomas with their top pick. The versatile ball hawk shows excellent range as a safety, but also possesses the athleticism to fill in at corner.

21. Cincinnati Bengals
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
The Bengals add the ultra-athletic Gresham to their lineup despite the former Oklahoma star missing all of his senior season with a knee injury. If his medical concerns check out, Gresham would give the Bengals a much-needed vertical threat in the middle of the field.

22. New England Patriots
Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
Graham lacks the athleticism to play as a conventional 3-4 outside linebacker, but his outstanding pass rush skills make him an intriguing addition to the Patriots' lineup.

23. Green Bay Packers
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
The Packers' woes in pass protection will result in the team grabbing Campbell with its top pick. Although the former Terrapin is raw in some aspects, his potential makes him an attractive option at this point.

24. Philadelphia Eagles
Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California
The Eagles defense is at its best when the pass rush is wreaking havoc on opponents. Griffen would give the team a young rusher with star potential to use opposite Trent Cole.

25. Baltimore Ravens
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
The Ravens need more weapons in the passing game for Joe Flacco to fulfill his potential. Benn fits the bill with his dynamic receiving skills.

26. Arizona Cardinals
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Matt Leinart is penciled in as the team's starter, but Ken Whisenhunt will bring in Bradford to compete for the starting job. If the signal-caller isn't there, a pass-rushing threat such as Ricky Sapp would be a welcome addition.

27. Dallas Cowboys
Taylor Mays, S, Southern California
Jerry Jones finds it too difficult to pass on adding a talent like Mays to his defense.

28. San Diego Chargers
Jahvid Best, RB, California
The swift playmaker from Cal steps into the Chargers' starting lineup on Day 1 to ignite a dormant rush attack.

29. N.Y. Jets
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
The instinctive corner has the savvy and athleticism to blossom in the Jets' aggressive scheme.

30. Minnesota Vikings
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Pat Williams is likely headed for retirement, so the Vikings opt for the rugged Dan Williams to fill his spot in the middle of the defense.

31. Indianapolis Colts
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
The hardworking Odrick is an ideal fit as an interior player in the Colts' scheme, and his presence will help shore up the team's woes against the run.

32. New Orleans Saints
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
The loquacious Weatherspoon adds speed and athleticism to the Saints' linebacker corps.

Some of these picks seem completely unrealistic to me ! What do you think ?

GoRavens
02-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Jimmy Clausen will not drop out of the 1st round

DeathbyStat
02-17-2010, 06:00 AM
No matter who is mocking Joe Haden all ways goes to the browns

JFLO
02-17-2010, 06:01 AM
I think there are people who make some mocks just to be different...

but there are people who make mocks, like this one, and are just stupid.

MikeTeel
02-17-2010, 06:43 AM
A lot of picks I have problems with there, but the worst one is probaby Best to the Chargers. He's the exact same back that Sproles is.

molenguinurtle
02-17-2010, 07:06 AM
The Dunlap to the Jaguars pick might be lazier than the Tebow to the Jags pick. Wow. If the draft fell like that for us, I would bet large sums of money that I don't have that we would be taking one of the quarterbacks.

fatmosh
02-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Terrible, just absolutely terrible.

Havok69
02-17-2010, 08:32 AM
A lot of picks I have problems with there, but the worst one is probaby Best to the Chargers. He's the exact same back that Sproles is.

Sproles is likely gone. In a mock that is pants load of awful, that's actually not a terrible pick.

zachsaints52
02-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Weatherspoon to the Saints!

TheMatriculator
02-17-2010, 08:59 AM
What!!!???

The Chiefs take a right tackle with the 5th overall pick. A left tackle, maybe, I wouldn't agree but maybe. Not a right tackle!

Does this make sense to anyone?

killxswitch
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
It's not a good mock. I don't even mind Odrick to the Colts, but not for the reasons he states. Even when he gets it right it's for the wrong reasons.

Clausen out of the 1st, Cardinals taking Bradford when their D needs help, Trent Williams and JPP getting picked too early, Seahawks not taking Clausen are all dumb. I wonder how much this "expert" gets paid.

zachsaints52
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I just looked at the other picks, and Berry falling all the way to 13th? Wow

vidae
02-17-2010, 09:10 AM
What!!!???

The Chiefs take a right tackle with the 5th overall pick. A left tackle, maybe, I wouldn't agree but maybe. Not a right tackle!

Does this make sense to anyone?

No, it makes no sense. The guy is an idiot obviously. You don't pay top 5 money to a RT.

If anything, move your current LT over to the right side if you plan on drafting a tackle that high. Drafting one specifically to play RT 5th overall when you have a team with glaring need is just stupid.

Bengals78
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
No, it makes no sense. The guy is an idiot obviously. You don't pay top 5 money to a RT.

If anything, move your current LT over to the right side if you plan on drafting a tackle that high. Drafting one specifically to play RT 5th overall when you have a team with glaring need is just stupid.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ross_tucker/04/27/draft.grades/andre-smith.jpg

Andre Smith say hello! lol.
But I do agree y'all got bigger fish to fry than RT

AntoinCD
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I think all "experts" believe they have to put something different than everyone just so they're not following the crowd. But examples like this and Todd McShays mock just show that some people shouldn't get paid for this.

Realistically I think there are 11 possible spots for either Clausen or Bradford to go in the first and Arizona is not one of them.

St Louis
Washington
Seattle
Cleveland
Buffalo
Jacksonville
Denver
SF
Seattle
Sf
Minnesota

Somehow though, in a QB driven league none of these teams take a QB and only one goes in the first. If anything there is a better chance of 3 QBs in the first.

SenorGato
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
If Bradford fell to the Pats I think they take him...same for Clausen.

TitanHope
02-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Turrible, just absolutely turrible.

http://offsideswithfletcher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/charles-barkley-dui-arrest1.jpg

CC.SD
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Man, I really just dislike the Jahvid Best pick.

Splat
02-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Hated it...

wicket
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
if clausen is still there @32 i almost want the saints to pick him, JC falling out of the first is a joke

D-Unit
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Taylor Mays to the Cowboys? This Bucky guy really, and I mean REEEEEALLY knows his stuff!!! :D

cajuncorey
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
http://offsideswithfletcher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/charles-barkley-dui-arrest1.jpg

bucky brooks is a knucklehead!

Shane P. Hallam
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
- Sam Bradford picked at #26 by the Cardinals Doubt it on two levels

- No Jimmy Clausen in the first round That would be too much of a fall IMO. Maybe he could pull a Brady Quinn, but damn

- Eric Berry out of the top ten Could happen, not a premiere position

- JPP at #3 Very possible

- Trent Williams at #5 ahead of Bulaga and DavisIt is looking more likely Trent Williams will go above Bulaga. Still think Davis is higher though

- Navarro Bowman to the Falcons and Kyle Wilson to the Jets Very surprising

Stranger
02-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Sproles is likely gone. In a mock that is pants load of awful, that's actually not a terrible pick.

Doesn't he go back to a RFA with no new CBA.

PhysicalwithanF
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
ehhh...I REALLY dont see Eric Berry sitting there when the Niners pick at #13...course I didnt think Crabs would fall last year..but still...i dunno..not that im arguing as 49er fan.

Havok69
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Doesn't he go back to a RFA with no new CBA.

Good point. However, since they franchised him last year, his RFA tender this year will have to be higher (like 10-20%, I can't remember) than the franchise pay last year. Would be like 7mil+ to 8mil. That's not chump change, especially for a way under-sized part-time back and KR. I just can't see them paying him all that money.

Babylon
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Taylor Mays to the Cowboys? This Bucky guy really, and I mean REEEEEALLY knows his stuff!!! :D

No he doesnt, you just happened to luck out, something about a broken clock rings a bell.

Stranger
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Good point. However, since they franchised him last year, his RFA tender this year will have to be higher (like 10-20%, I can't remember) than the franchise pay last year. Would be like 7mil+ to 8mil. That's not chump change, especially for a way under-sized part-time back and KR. I just can't see them paying him all that money.

Thanks, didn't realise they would have to give him a raise on his tender.