PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie

ChefMike
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Rumor mill stirring and San Diego is willing to deal the CB for a RB.

Would McGahee be a good trade for Cromartie straight up?

coordinator0
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
No. Cromartie is not a good corner, McGahee has much more value to us than what would be a nickel corner.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd rather trade McGahee to San Deigo for Malcom Floyd, not Antonio Cromartie, but I wouldn't mind Cro either. I know a lot of people are down on him right now, but with our coaches, maybe he turns his career around? who knows?

I'd still rather trade for Floyd.

banetzdererste
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=3756

here's the source!

How much is the salary of Cromartie?
We want to ship McGahee around because of the salary cap.

Did it make sence trade for a expensive corner?

GoRavens
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Floyd for McGahee would be my ideal choice.. I got Floyd from a trade in madden, then BOOM superbowl!
WR Mason
WR Floyd
WR Stallworth

niel89
02-18-2010, 05:48 AM
I would be very happy if we did this. I don't think that Willis brings all that much to the table that some other RB couldn't bring. I cringe when I see him dance in the backfield on the goal line.

Cro has been bad the past 2 seasons but he still has potential. I would take the risk on him if it was such a low cost like McGahee. If it was some significant cost like a 2nd or 3rd then I would say no way.

GoRavens
02-18-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd much rather have Floyd as well, but adding Cromartie and trading McGahee would be amazing. Cromartie is a good football player.. In Baltimore's scheme he'd fit in perfectly, and I'd welcome him with open arms.. If we end up executing this trade, Frank Walker/Fabian Washington will likely get released.
CB- Foxworth
CB- Webb
CB- Cromartie
(an instant upgrade, get it done ozzie!)

thenewfeature06
02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Highly doubt this will happen, Willis has had injury problems and SD spent a first rounder on Cro if it did happen they would have to give up a pick too.

coordinator0
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Highly doubt this will happen, Willis has had injury problems and SD spent a first rounder on Cro if it did happen they would have to give up a pick too.

LOL. We spent a first rounder on Clayton too, we'll throw him in to balance it out.

Seriously, Cromartie isn't going to get much. It doesn't matter what pick was spent on him, it only matters what kind of player he has turned out to be. For us, he's a taller Fabian Washington with hands. Worse in coverage too.

thenewfeature06
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Understandable but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't straight up be Willis for Cro.

coordinator0
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh I'm not disagreeing with that. McGahee is unlikely to be traded/cut this off-season, and I'm not sure if he'd be the best fit in San Diego anyways.

thenewfeature06
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Doesnt he have like 4 years left on a contract or something.

coordinator0
02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Actually it's 2 or 3, but I think that he isn't the type of RB that would thrive in San Diego. He isn't much of a threat out of the backfield, and they seem to have a decent power option in Hester (or Tolbert? not sure how they use those two).

thenewfeature06
02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I c , but yeah thats why the Ravens would have to give up some sort of pick whether it would be a 4 or 7th but yeah they have plenty of backs, not so sure Tolbert couldn't get reps at RB.