PDA

View Full Version : Look at that, it fell funny...First mock of 2010

A Perfect Score
02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
I usually only do a few mocks before the draft, and rarely before the combine...but I thought Id give it a try. So here is the first one of 2010! Turned out weird.

1) St. Louis Rams – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2) Detroit Lions – Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
4) Washington Redskins – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
5) Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
6) Seattle Seahawks – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
7) Cleveland Browns – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Oakland Raiders – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
9) Buffalo Bills – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
10) Denver Broncos – Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
11) Jacksonville Jaguars – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
12) Miami Dolphins – Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
13) San Francisco 49ers – Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
14) Seattle Seahawks – Taylor Mays, S, Southern Cal
15) New York Giants – Brian Price, DT, UCLA
16) Tennessee Titans – Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
17) San Francisco 49ers – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
1 Pittsburgh Steelers – Earl Thomas, S, Texas
19) Atlanta Falcons – Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
20) Houston Texans – Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
21) Cincinnati Bengals – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22) New England Patriots – C.J Spiller, RB, Clemson
23) Green Bay Packers – Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
24) Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
25) Baltimore Ravens – Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
26) Arizona Cardinals – Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
27) Dallas Cowboys – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
2 San Diego Chargers – Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
29) New York Jets – Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
30) Minnesota Vikings – Chad Jones, S, LSU
31) Indianapolis Colts – Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
32) New Orleans Saints – Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

prock
02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
perfect vikings pick broseph

vikes_28
02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Good mock. i could see all those players going to those teams.

akvikefan89
02-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Vikings pick is a-okay with me.

zachsaints52
02-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Cody is a good pick in my book.

vidae
02-18-2010, 01:39 AM
McClain > Berry, APS! Come on!

Addict
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
nice job e-twin ;)

Poz51
02-18-2010, 07:05 AM
I usually only do a few mocks before the draft, and rarely before the combine...but I thought Id give it a try. So here is the first one of 2010! Turned out weird.

9) Buffalo Bills Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

My hero...

AkiliSmith
02-18-2010, 07:20 AM
The Bengals do not use a tight end enough to warrant a 1st round pick. Give them Iupati, Benn, LaFell, Tate or Price.

marshallb
02-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Good Vikings pick. I'd be very happy with Chad Jones.

Nalej
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Love CJ for the Pats

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
The Bengals do not use a tight end enough to warrant a 1st round pick. Give them Iupati, Benn, LaFell, Tate or Price.

How do you feel about Spiller there? I almost gave him to you as a change of pace and bit of a spell for Benson.

PhysicalwithanF
02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
pretty perfect for the 49ers

toddmlazarchick
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I would break my flat screen if the Skins pick Chad Jones over Javhid Best

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Ummm what?

FlyingElvis
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Spiller is pretty much the only non-OLB player I want in round one. Hopefully NE could still secure Hughes/Sapp in the second.

Excellent mock overall. Bradford will be viewed as a franchise QB and will be top 10. JPP will be the most atheletic beast at the combine and cement his place in Oakland.

My only gripe is based on my belief that the Rams will take a QB. Potayto/Potahto.

AkiliSmith
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
How do you feel about Spiller there? I almost gave him to you as a change of pace and bit of a spell for Benson.
Not good. He's a great player but Benson was awesome last season and Bernard Scott showed a lot of promise as a rookie.

FinsUp21
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
The Buccaneers wouldn't pass on Berry.

Babylon
02-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Green Bay Patriots has a nice ring to it.

I'm sort of curious whether mockers put any thought into the Seattle pick of Bradford or is it just too convient to write his name in. I honestly dont see him going there.

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Why not? Hes a great fit in the system, or at least the one that was established there before. Im not sure what Carroll plans on doing with the offense, but you can bet your ass he wants a young QB to develop, one of his own guys. Bradford might not have elite arm strength, but his accuracy is through the roof and he has great intangibles. Trust me, I could of given them Anthony Davis or a plurality of other players. Bradford is there for a reason.

thebow305
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Nice Phins pick!

Don Vito
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
CJ is deece for the Pats

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I had alot of trouble with the Patriots pick. I almost gave them Hughes, but I have this feeling that he may fall to the 2nd. Dont get me wrong, I think hes a beast and I personally would have no qualms about putting him top 20, but his stock just isnt there.

diabsoule
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
APS, I usually like you but Cody to the Saints makes me want to punch your mom in the ovaries.

George Lippard
02-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Bryant to Tampa is only feasible for one reason, Morris saying that the goal of the off-season is to surround Freeman with weapons.

CJSchneider
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
APS, I usually like you but Cody to the Saints makes me want to punch your mom in the ovaries.

I agree, only I'm going to punch them from the inside.

A Perfect Score
02-18-2010, 10:48 PM

I have heard saints fans crying all damn offseason for a damned space eating DT. I almost gave you Greg Hardy though, who I consider a steal at 32. Who would you like there isntead if it fell that way?

diabsoule
02-18-2010, 11:15 PM
I have heard saints fans crying all damn offseason for a damned space eating DT. I almost gave you Greg Hardy though, who I consider a steal at 32. Who would you like there isntead if it fell that way?

There are some Saints fans that want Cody, I am not one of them. I think he's a bust waiting to happen. If it happens like that I'd rather have someone like Navarro Bowman, Perrish Cox, or even Greg Hardy but I seriously question his ability to stay healthy.

Jerry's World
02-19-2010, 11:44 AM
The only way Bryant goes to TB is if Mike Gundy invades the Tampa war room and makes the call. We can find a WR in the 2nd our 3rd round that can be just as good as Bryant. Eric Berry is the pick I mean they are comparing him to Ed Reed. Who is Bryant being compared to? Is he better than Ed Reed?

George Lippard
02-19-2010, 12:47 PM
The only way Bryant goes to TB is if Mike Gundy invades the Tampa war room and makes the call. We can find a WR in the 2nd our 3rd round that can be just as good as Bryant. Eric Berry is the pick I mean they are comparing him to Ed Reed. Who is Bryant being compared to? Is he better than Ed Reed?

That is completely false. There is a reason he's going top 15 and they're going rounds 2/3...because he is better than they are. Are you insane?

Bengals78
02-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Not good. He's a great player but Benson was awesome last season and Bernard Scott showed a lot of promise as a rookie.

This.
But also what he said earlier.
Except I would only really like Tate or Price.
Especially Price if Tank doesnt resign.

Jerry's World
02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
That is completely false. There is a reason he's going top 15 and they're going rounds 2/3...because he is better than they are. Are you insane?

That does not matter. Yeah, Bryant will be a top ten pick, but that does not mean someone from the 2nd or 3rd rounds will have a better career. Plus the Bucs need to go defense in the 1st round.

A Perfect Score
02-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Ummm well, the two most common comparisons I've heard are Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz...good enough?

Bryant is absolutely a top 5 talent and I have him graded a slight under Calvin Johnson as far as WR prospects go. He might not be quite as athletic, but you would be hard pressed to find an aspect of the game that Dez doesnt excel in. Some concentration questions, maybe, but other then that, hes an elite prospect.

K Train
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
earl thomas <3