02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100218/myronrolle

Great, interesting read.

Pryme
02-18-2010, 08:26 PM
great article, thank you so much for posting it

superman
02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
i always knew in the back of my head that if this guy was going to attempt to make it in the nfl, he'd come in prepared. too smart to be one of those guys that shows up not in perfect shape. and he knows how important the 40 will be for him, that's why i think he won't disappoint in that either. not saying he'll be a great nfl player, but he's not gonna show up to the senior bowl/combine if he wasn't positive he'd impress.

zachsaints52
02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
He is a standout person, and gonna make some team very smart for picking him. What rounds he suppose to go?

superman
02-18-2010, 09:40 PM
i'm thinking as high as mid 2nd if he runs in the 4.5's

yourfavestoner
02-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Come to Jacksonville and be the next Donovin Darius pleeeeaaassseee.

superman8456
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Earliest he goes is in the 3rd..way to much depth to get picked before that

frubulubu
02-18-2010, 09:53 PM
I dont know where he goes...nor do you.

ElectricEye
02-18-2010, 09:57 PM
I dont know where he goes...nor do you.

Very, very little point to that post.

Actually was a good read. Hopefully he can put up a decent time. Still, even on the field, he wasn't much more than a late second round/early third round player.

Sniper
02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Come to Jacksonville and be the next Donovin Darius pleeeeaaassseee.

I thought you hated Rolle?

Excellent story. I'm definitely a Myron Rolle fan.

George Lippard
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
You would assume a brainiac like Myron Rolle knows basic geometry but his angles of pursuit beg to differ.

FUNBUNCHER
02-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Am I the only one who remembers that Rolle wasn't a very good safety at FSU??
He's a decent athlete with below average instincts for the position. Rolle has been overrated since he was a senior in HS.
He's got an incredible back story, but I think he struggles to earn a starting gig in the NFL, let alone a roster spot.

IMO, since he didn't play at all last year and wasn't that good to begin with, Rolle is lucky if he's picked by the 5th round.

I hope he can break 4.58 in the 40, we'll see.
Whoever compared him to Donovin Darius, ( who had more in common athletically with Taylor Mays than Rolle; Darius was a freak athlete with 4.3 speed), is wishing on moonbeans.

Sniper
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Am I the only one who remembers that Rolle wasn't a very good safety at FSU??

No. He's overrated because of his story and intangibles, but he's not a great safety. On skill alone, I think he's a 5th-6th round pick.

RedVision
02-18-2010, 10:12 PM
If I were him I'd be very afraid of getting concussed in the NFL covering kicks and damaging that great brain of his. Health labs need you Myron, don't mess up your brain.

frubulubu
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Very, very little point to that post.

Actually was a good read. Hopefully he can put up a decent time. Still, even on the field, he wasn't much more than a late second round/early third round player.

Great story, great kid. Wish, all pros were like him. This year is loaded with many talented DB. Where he ends up, is going to be weighed by his combine performance. I see, late third, early fourth. Happy now?

Ward
02-19-2010, 12:04 AM
This is the money quote, "Dinner is loose, almost three hours of football and family and girls -- whom the Rolle brothers rate, like, 40 times. She's a 4.4, wind aided. It's one of those meals."

I'm going to steal this immediately.

RealityCheck
02-19-2010, 09:13 AM
This is the money quote, "Dinner is loose, almost three hours of football and family and girls -- whom the Rolle brothers rate, like, 40 times. She's a 4.4, wind aided. It's one of those meals."

I'm going to steal this immediately.
So Kim Kardashian is a 2.5?

I've just became a Myron fan after that read. I hope he's there in the 4th for the Pats.

AntoinCD
02-19-2010, 09:28 AM

I've just became a Myron fan after that read. I hope he's there in the 4th for the Pats.

Why??? The Pats are one of the deepest teams in the league at safety. That pick should be used on O or D-Line depth or BPA if someone of value falls

RealityCheck
02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Why??? The Pats are one of the deepest teams in the league at safety. That pick should be used on O or D-Line depth or BPA if someone of value falls
I don't trust McGowan or Sanders. Plus Rolle is god.

Sniper
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM

Into the wind.

ElectricEye
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't trust McGowan or Sanders. Plus Rolle is god.

He most certainly isn't. Watch him play. All the thing people say about Taylor Mays should actually be said about Rolle. McGowan was also the second best defensive back on our team last year. Did an amazing job in man coverage on tight ends and was stellar in run support. Everyone on the Pats board was more than happy with his play last year. He's still only 26 too. Entering his prime. He'll never be anything more than a good player, but that's fine. James Sanders is nothing more than a backup, but that's all we need. I wouldn't be against taking Rolle in the 4th if we took care of some other things and there wasn't a tight end or receiver worth selecting there, but that's not a very good reason to.

superman
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
what happened to meriweather and chung

vidae
02-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Great read. It's hard not to like this kid.