PDA

View Full Version : First Mock of the Year

stephenson86
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
1. STL - DT - Ndamukong Suh - Nebraska - Could be McCoy, Rams can't afford not to go BPA.

2. DET - DT - Gerald McCoy - Oklahoma - Jim Schwartz wants to get himself a DT to cause trouble like Haynesworth in Tennessee so they take whoever STL doesn't.

3. TB - S - Eric Berry - Tennessee - Ball hawk safety, will help revitalise a failing defense. However TB have openly stated they want to trade up or move down so this is up in the air.

4. WAS - LT - Russell Okung - Oklahoma St - Chris Samuels could be retiring and they started over 10 linemen last year forget getting a QB they need protection first.

5. KC - LT - Anthony Davis - Rutgers - KC should ideally move from this spot because there is no value here except at OL where they aren't actually too weak.

6. SEA - QB - Sam Bradford - Oklahoma - Hasselbeck is 35 and I am sure Pete Carroll would love to get a QB who fits the WCO.

7. CLE - CB - Joe Haden - Florida - The Browns are a mess but picking up a CB who is almost a Darrelle Revis clone is never a bad thing.

8. OAK - DE - Jason Pierre-Paul - South Florida - Workout Warrior and we know Al loves them, Greg Ellis and Richard Seymour at end does not help you get pressure, slide Seymour inside, Ellis to LE and JPP to RE.

9. BUF - QB - Jimmy Clausen - Notre Dame - They are the pits right now but they need a QB and Calusen will fit their system.

10. DEN - WR - Dez Bryant - Oklahoma St - Marshall is looking to be gone, Royal has just come off a sophmore slump, Stokely is not what he once was, Bryant is possibly the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson Jr.

11. JAX - DE - Derrick Morgan - Georgia Tech - They averaged less than a sack a game, Morgan is a complete DE so he is a very good pick.

12. MIA - OLB - Sergio Kindle - Texas - Porter wants out, Taylor is effective but not brilliant, Wake came on at the end of the year, bringing in Kindle will help silence any questions they have at the position.

13. SF - RT - Trent Williams - Oklahoma - SF have the LT spot sorted but need to solidify the right hand side to really get the offense moving forward, Williams will help boost the run game in a big way.

14. SEA - S - Taylor Mays - USC - Reunited with his former college head coach, Carroll would love to have Mays as his enforcer in Seattle.

15. NYG - MLB - Rolando McClain - Alabama - Just cut Antonio Pierce, this is a massive glaring need and is McClain is available this should be a sure thing.

16. TEN - NT - Dan Williams - Tennessee - He is the type of NT they need to team with their UT and insert into the rotation they have, they showed interest in him at the senior bowl and like haynesworth was he is a home town boy.

17. SF - RB - CJ Spiller - Clemson - Dynamic threat that will help open up SF very traditional offense, he can be used in many dynamic ways and will help Alex Smith build on what he did last season.

18. PIT - OG - Mike Iupati - Idaho - Is he a Alen Faneca clone? Steelers don't have many holes so why not go after a player who fits them perfectly.

19. ATL - CB - Perrish Cox - Oklahoma St - ATL are a team on the rise and have a lot of positions in place however the secondary hasn't been great, so bringing in a solid corner will help solve this.

20. HOU - DE/DT - Carlos Dunlap - Florida - Risky pick but Houston need some more talent on the DL because at the moment Mario Williams is the only performer, Dunlap can play both inside and outside and be a fierce weapon opposite Williams.

21. CIN - WR - Brandon LaFell - They have nothing really worrying after Chad so bringing in someone else to help open up the offense will help re ignite the offense.

22. NE - OLB - Brandon Graham - Michigan - Their defense is looking bad and they need an impact pass rusher as Thomas is under performing in a big way and Tully Banta Cain is a rotational guy at best.

23. GB - OT - Brian Bulaga - Iowa - OL was a massive problem for them last year and Bulaga will help solidify their LT spot protecting Aaron Rogers.

24. PHI - OLB - Sean Weatherspoon - Missouri - Perfect fit for Philidelphia and after their Linebacker troubles this year bringing in a young vocal leader to spark the unit is a great idea.

25. BAL - WR - Arrelious Benn - Illinois - Flip a coin between Benn and Tate, Stallworth is a start but they need more help and Benn could be a great pick up.

26. ARI - LT - Bruce Campbell - Maryland - Leinart needs as much help as he can get now he is in the driving seat so bringing in players to keep him upright is the best thing that they can do here.

27. DAL - NT - Terrence Cody - Alabama - I love Cody, I think he will be a brilliant NT in the league, bringing in Cody would solidify them against the run, allow them to kick Ratliff to end where he will see less double teams, but he can always slide back in on passing downs.

28. SD - S - Earl Thomas - Texas - SD could take a RB here but I think they can find one later on in the draft, S looks to be a bigger concern for them than RB so I think bringing in a standout safety is the best way to go.

29. NYJ - WR - Golden Tate - Notre Dame - Their receivers are good but not great, bringing in Tate will give Sanchez another weapon to play with as he continues to develop as an NFL QB.

30. MIN - CB - Kyle Wilson - Boise State - Could be a DT but I think with the age of Winfield and his recent injury, bringing in a CB to plop in the Nickel and groom is the best way forward, a very complete team.

31. IND - UT - Jared Odrik - Penn State - DT has always been a problem with this team, Moala was not great this year and they are not getting the interior rush they would like, Odrick is a fantastic gap penetrator and would fit in perfectly.

32. NO - DT - Brian Price - UCLA - Price could quite easily go earlier but with the class of DT's the way it is you could have them going all over the show. Ellis struggles with durability and for a defense that relies on the DL to get pressure bringing in a gap penetrator like Price would help boost the Saints already stingy defense.

I am ready to get ripped :D

FinsUp21
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Perfect Tampa pick!!!

zachsaints52
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Can't complain on Brian Price since Weatherspoon is gone.

Babylon
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Seattle

Seattle ran the WCO Pete didnt, it will be interesting to see what he goes with.

I have been lobbying for a safety but OT is probably a need that cant be ignored and Bulaga is still out there.

stephenson86
02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Seattle

Seattle ran the WCO Pete didnt, it will be interesting to see what he goes with.

I have been lobbying for a safety but OT is probably a need that cant be ignored and Bulaga is still out there.

will take that into consideration when I do my next

akvikefan89
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Vikings pick gets a thumbs-up from me.

Pat Sims 90
02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Lafell is not worth a 1st Round Pick IMO

Thomas Benn Tate would be better picks

thenewfeature06
02-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Like Oaklands pick since Davis is off the board and if we do draft JPP we BETTER move Seymour inside like you said. Wouldn't mind McClain either.

stephenson86
02-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Lafell is not worth a 1st Round Pick IMO

Thomas Benn Tate would be better picks

really, i really like lafell over those other guys

prock
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Vikings don't need a corner, especially not in the first round.

FrankGore
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Works for San Francisco.

stephenson86
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Vikings don't need a corner, especially not in the first round.

i think the vikings dont have any holes really I think bringing in a corner would be a good investment because behind winfield and maybe griffin you dont have anything safety would be a possibility

AntoinCD
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Really like Graham to the Pats. Bulaga would be a great pick too though

vidae
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
McClain > Davis for KC.

Nalej
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Really like Graham to the Pats. Bulaga would be a great pick too though

Yup- our Oline (right side) sucks as bad as our pass rush.
Can't go wrong with either one

OSUGiants17
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Great Giants pick, +rep for you

thebow305
02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I like Kindle, but if we pass on Rolando McClain for him, I'll cry. :(

diabsoule
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Can't ***** about that Saints pick.

Abaddon
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Hard to get happy about JPP, really. Oakland is the worst place to send a player needing that much refining.

Beans
02-19-2010, 02:07 AM
However TB have openly stated they want to trade up or move down so this is up in the air.

????

good pick though

LetsGoGiants!
02-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm liking the Giants pick.

Poz51
02-19-2010, 11:17 AM
9. BUF - QB - Jimmy Clausen - Notre Dame - They are the pits right now but they need a QB and Calusen will fit their system.

I am ready to get ripped :D

Cant rip you for that, good pick :)
Future note: Brad Butler retiring at the ripe old age of 26 makes tackle a need with Jermon Meredith the only tackle on the roster who showed potential last year. Chambers is useless, Scott is 3rd string material, Bell needs alot of time to just develop, and the situation as a whole might be the bleakest I have ever seen in the NFL.

Jerry's World
02-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Good bucs draft, but if Brian Price makes it to Indy or somewhere there then Tampa will try to move up and grab him.

stephenson86
02-19-2010, 01:22 PM
????

good pick though

i read somewhere they were looking to trade up for mccoy or suh most likely and if they couldnt get there then move back i know i read it somewhere

CC.SD
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Hm Earl Thomas isn't a pick I've seen a whole lot for the Chargers. While I like him, here are some reasons he might not be the best fit:

Definitely a FS where Eric Weddle is locked in. Too small for SS, where Ellison is nowhere near cemented, but currently prevents that spot from being too much of a glaring weakness.

Chargers have a bad and unfortunately prolonged history of secondary players in the first round; Jammer 02 (hooray Jammer), Davis 03 ( :( ), Cromartie 06 ( :( ), Cason 08 (?). That's in addition to a ton of other players in the 2nd and 3rd.

With RB and DL such large needs, I don't think we go back to this well.

Beans
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
i read somewhere they were looking to trade up for mccoy or suh most likely and if they couldnt get there then move back i know i read it somewhere

well if you can find it then i'd like to see it because i haven't heard that outside speculation on forums and stuff

marshallb
02-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Not a fan of the Vikings pick, but it keeps showing up. I don't think CB is a big need. QB, S, NT, RG, OLB, RB, and possibly DE(if Edwards leaves) are bigger needs imo.